Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao the subtitles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Orange Carlisle posted:

I hope they debut soon because this thread is only gonna get more painful with fantasy booking

CM Punk, Cult of Personality, and Miseria Cantare form a faction called the Lone Wolves...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

always lol

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm thinking the same at this point. Thankfully I don't wear my glasses to wrestling (I'm nearsighted, so wrestling is fine) so no worries about fogging.

Do you get fogging even when it's warm out? I only tend to get fogged up around 50 degrees or so.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dark Elevation matches, including PAC vs Chuckie T and a VERY interesting looking women's tag

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1419027102951645186?s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Brock Anderson and the Gum Club are going to turn heel on Lee Johnson

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
All this talk about Punk’s music when there’s a chance we could get Final Countdown

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

The reverse is also true. I mark hard for a dude managing to powerbomb a guy twice his size.

Yeah, exactly.

Subverting expectations that way is always cool and crowds pop for it pretty much every time.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Fuego's gimmick should be coming out from weird places to get from stadium-to-stafium like popping out of a crate or a star's car trunk and just....shows up to job.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I think the music fakeout would work better with This Fire Burns, on either side, cause that song loving rips.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

There's a lot of "This Fire" erasure going on in this conversation about CM Punk themes and I won't stand for it any longer.

Which is why I'm sitting at my computer. I won't do anything else about it except be sad :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They should use the Bouncing Souls as the fake out and really confuse the crowd.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

They should use the Bouncing Souls as the fake out and really confuse the crowd.

hell yeah.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Lethrom posted:

There's a lot of "This Fire" erasure going on in this conversation about CM Punk themes and I won't stand for it any longer.
it's wwe-related, so it was always bad. come to think of it, so was cult of personality

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

fat peeps doin flips fuckin rules

too fat to flip

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Fuego gonna beat the lesser man of the year ,book it

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
thank you to the brave doctors who were able to save Austin Gum's life

e: oh wait that's brock anderson not austin gum. wishful thinking, austin is dead and gone forever

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

sportsgenius86 posted:

There’s nobody in the ring, suddenly the lights go out. The lights come back on and there’s still nobody in the ring. Then the camera cuts to The Cheat standing next to a light switch.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Punk did used to come out to Ole by the Bouncing Souls in his very early career and the crowd would fire him up by doing the Ole chant, and this was before El Generico. Would be hilariously confusing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lights go off lights come back on and it's the cum truck

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The Cheat, man. Where did we go wrong? Seems like just yesterday we were setting fire to Strong Sad's underwears. This one's for you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nick Jr. Face posted:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AEW/status/1419049752071712769

Five and Dime vs. Lucha Bros could be really good if they get time and Small Angel vs Marko should be fun

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Angelico should beat Marko for the belt on Monday's BTE and then go to the ring with it on Elevation.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Drakkel posted:

The problem with Survivor Series is WWE killed it by never having it involve any actual storylines anymore, and instead just making it so every November every wrestler on Raw and Smackdown suddenly start hating each other and doing run-ins wearing color-coded t-shirts completely ignoring all existing storylines/feuds and face/heel alignments until they do the big 5v5 match that nobody gains or loses a single thing from.

This made even dumber by the fact that it usually happens shortly after they do a Draft and so you have people suddenly being ITENSLY LOYAL to a brand they've been on for 3 weeks.
That's why it would be so good in AEW as a regular feature, they have team storylines... always. And weird combinations already keep coming together in their storylines naturally. Like right now we're looking at Jurassic Express & Christian vs. Private Party & Angelico, put Marko and Evans in there and you got yourself an oldschool Survivor Series setup.

just steal the concept for a PPV with no shame Tony it's not like WWE are making good use of it

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

But who is holding the hose?!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
there's something about Amber Nova that doesn't work for me and i can't put my finger on it, she has a look and she's middling in the ring, but she seems so waify? she looks like Thunder Rosa could shatter her over her knee

edit:
i can't even remember the last survivor series i've seen, how do pinfalls tend to happen? in a normal 5v5, you'd have an endless amount of people to break up the count, does the other team just tend to stand off to the side and let pins happen? :thunk:

smarxist fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 24, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

try not to think about it from a fed perspective.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rhodes Wrestling Academy is having its second showcase right now and just unveiled a title. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti4nt9AHUsU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I guess Yukas excursion will just be on Dark Elevation then apart from one match.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/bio_bucks/status/1419056931570733056

Beautiful

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pamela Springstein posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AEW/status/1419049752071712769

Five and Dime vs. Lucha Bros could be really good if they get time and Small Angel vs Marko should be fun

It was essentially the semi-main. They got a lot of time and it was very good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lamuella posted:

Rhodes Wrestling Academy is having its second showcase right now and just unveiled a title. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti4nt9AHUsU

So far the standout is Runa Rising. She's a six foot six viking who just did her own ring introduction where she told her opponent if she didn't get in the ring she'd "tear you into pieces and feed you to your children"

(she's green in the ring but her character work is incredible)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lamuella posted:

So far the standout is Runa Rising. She's a six foot six viking who just did her own ring introduction where she told her opponent if she didn't get in the ring she'd "tear you into pieces and feed you to your children"

(she's green in the ring but her character work is incredible)

poo poo, character work is harder to teach than wrestling, she'll be fine

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1419071143361748993?s=19

What a card. Rip serpentico.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Quen vs JB has huge potential

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
Looking forward to Bronson vs Wardlow.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

smarxist posted:

edit:
i can't even remember the last survivor series i've seen, how do pinfalls tend to happen? in a normal 5v5, you'd have an endless amount of people to break up the count, does the other team just tend to stand off to the side and let pins happen? :thunk:

In NJPW 5 on 5 elimination matches, usually the eliminations start when people start getting too exhausted or occupied preventing double teaming to break up pins, or they just get submissions on loss posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo