Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ex Mods Poll Opinions (+current IK +current mod)
This poll is closed.
Relax or Die: i'll tell you what it is: posting theft 10 0.07%
ShallNoiseUpon: i have reported oddium for stealing posting valor i hope the moderators will sort this out post haste 14 0.09%
Cheetah7071: more like snoreson smells 18 0.12%
Oddium: no poll for solidarity with mobile users 36 0.24%
Metis: I promise never to interfere in poll results 15001 99.46%
Hmmmmmm. 4 0.03%
Total: 15083 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

Local bbq place has this photo up and I feel threatened

This reminds me why I stopped eating meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Beef brisket owns

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
eat that corpse and like it boy

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

eat that corpse and like it boy

I will

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/kelslewin/status/1418963989665619971

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/gamespite/status/1418535069342486528

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Where’s the dollar bill?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I would eat the dirty crepe

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Veeg I think we got a new avatar for you

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gamers have been review-bombing Superhot because the devs decided to... remove the scenes of self-harm :psyduck:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i really hated in cyberpunk when they made keanu tell me to kill myself and the suicide ending where everyone leaves voicemails to your corpse made me cry

edit: This ff12 boss that's some kind of chained up bondage lady with like wings and a sword or some poo poo is kicking my rear end with her army of snowballs casting ice spells at my people. i can survive them if i equip nethecites but then i cant really heal or deal damage fast enough. i did some 12+ quickennig combo and tried blasting em all with belial but they literally immune to both lol.

edit2: Beat the boss with Belial basically. Set up a gambit on basch to just white himself in a corner while belial whacked the motes to death. Then they could both pretty safely whacks the boss down. Got a lonely victory dance with just basch since my summon was still going lol

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 25, 2021

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rarity posted:

Gamers have been review-bombing Superhot because the devs decided to... remove the scenes of self-harm :psyduck:

I was surprised to hear Superhot has scenes, or characters, or words

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

superhot famously has two words

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Some gamers have gotten bad cases of brain-worms over the past half-decade in regards to anything being changed, altered or removed.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Rarity posted:

Is that the scene where you approach "yourself" from behind, then shoot yourself in the back, or were there more direct mentions of self harm?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ymgve posted:

Is that the scene where you approach "yourself" from behind, then shoot yourself in the back, or were there more direct mentions of self harm?

Superhot VR specifically has a scene where you need to take a gun and shoot yourself in VR.

The first revision, they made that scene a toggle and now they've excised it completely.

I think a toggle would have been fine but I don't begrudge them for doing this either

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

wuggles posted:

I was surprised to hear Superhot has scenes, or characters, or words
There's a actually a pretty elaborate creepypasta-esque plot to it, and self-harm and suicide eventually take such a central place in it that I can understand why many people would be disappointed by their removal, although it mostly had them to be edgy cyberpunk and was never as thoughtful about it as, say, Receiver 2. But as far as I understand it's only the VR game that's been changed.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

first they came for the vagina bones, and I did not speak out—

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

S U P E R

HOT

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Some gamers have gotten bad cases of brain-worms over the past half-decade in regards to anything being changed, altered or removed.

some people don't like censorship

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

lol nice try.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

who's censoring superhot

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

mutata posted:

lol nice try.

you can kill people in battlefield with a defibrillator and my uncle just had a heart attack, i am very offended, please remove it from the game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Are we really doing this or is this a bit

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Regy Rusty posted:

Are we really doing this or is this a bit

not really i'm just very very down today

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

JollyBoyJohn posted:

not really i'm just very very down today

I mean that makes sense, your uncle just had a heart attack :\

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Boba Pearl posted:

I mean that makes sense, your uncle just had a heart attack :\

edit: really not fair of me to most my personal issues itt

JollyBoyJohn fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 24, 2021

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I didn’t see your post before the edit but I hope you feel better soon, JBJ.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wuggles posted:

I didn’t see your post before the edit but I hope you feel better soon, JBJ.

This.

And I think most of us have vented about a little personal poo poo here. I have anyway.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Anyone have any experience with dumping and repacking 3DS games for romhacking? There's a romhack I want to try, but every tutorial seems aimed at computer emulation when I want to play it natively and I'm not sure how to go about that. And Google has been failing me.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

honestly I think superhot is made worse by removing that scene, it is a legitimately effecting part of that game. also kind of, the only one part, since superhot VR is way lighter on story than either the original or even MCD

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
surely one could download the suicide version if they wanted. im very okay with people changing their games after theyre made and also anything. kanye had like 12 patches to one of his album, nobody has all heard the same versions, its great. if ancient painters were alive id want them to update their paintings over restorers trying to not change anything. give mona lisa a new haircut and outfit you know

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In every one of my ffxii playthroughs, there is always eventually one cutscene that takes me from “yes I understand what’s going on” to “wait what the what”. To its credit though, the cutscene responsible for this occurs a little later each time

The actual story scenes are extremely terse, characters love euphemism and vagueness. There is zero internal monologue, you’re stuck with six mostly-cyphers

Ffxii is a game that requires you knowing what “deifacted” means

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Walla posted:

Anyone have any experience with dumping and repacking 3DS games for romhacking? There's a romhack I want to try, but every tutorial seems aimed at computer emulation when I want to play it natively and I'm not sure how to go about that. And Google has been failing me.

Do you have a flash card?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Walla posted:

depending on what cfw you're using, you shouldn't even have to dump and patch it yourself, some of them can do realtime patching. like for instance luma https://gist.github.com/figgyc/0d31b77fc6e4e8f9a49399d392740d46

otherwise it should be pretty much the same, you just put the rom back on the 3ds when you're done instead of loading it in an emulator, might have to make a cia out of it idk

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

surely one could download the suicide version if they wanted. im very okay with people changing their games after theyre made and also anything. kanye had like 12 patches to one of his album, nobody has all heard the same versions, its great. if ancient painters were alive id want them to update their paintings over restorers trying to not change anything. give mona lisa a new haircut and outfit you know
how would you, you can't roll patches back on steam unless they added a "suicide version" branch. idk they already had a toggle in there, I don't really see what it accomplishes, especially if they aren't removing essentially the same scenes from the other games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Edit: actually i think this image is cool, we have lots of Jesus paintings