Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Anyone collect weta's mini epics? I'm absolutely loving the look of their lotr mini epics, just curious if they're decent enough in hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Wishing Mondo would just reveal the animated 1/6 Joker they teased like four times

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sentinel Red posted:

You mean the guy on the magic planet who looks like a super buff Prince Adam and rides around on an armoured green tiger that looks like a super buff Cringer were actually Prince Adam and Cringer??? Inconceivable.

This actually sounds quite fun, might give it a spin despite never being into MotU much.

To be slightly fair, this is the one show in the loving universe that actually has a difference between how Prince Adam looks and He-Man. He doesn't just get naked and tan.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Burkion posted:

To be slightly fair, this is the one show in the loving universe that actually has a difference between how Prince Adam looks and He-Man. He doesn't just get naked and tan.

oh poo poo I think this is what that guy meant when he said "dismantle our imagination"

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Splint Chesthair posted:

May not be the case with this particular figure, because it's a reissue, but scalpers today snatch up pre-orders and immediately sell the items they don't have yet on eBay. It's why you'll see a bunch of listings for certain items being touted as "IN HAND," because they want you to know that they can ship immediately, not whenever the items arrive on their end. If you see a listing for a new toy that uses a promo shot as the photo, chances are it's one of those. At least in my experience.

Yeah I know about that dumb bullshit. The sellers I was seeing it from mostly were using their own photos. I didn't even realize it was a reissue is the thing. I ended up ordering the Amazon exclusive Deadpool figure from an ebay seller instead.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I watched the first ep of the new MotU show, and the only complaint I have is the casting of Sarah Michelle Gellar as Teela. Her voice, to me, is just too soft and light for the character.

(I did have to laugh, when watching the show, I was thinking "You know who'd be a better voice for Teela? Lena Headey." Then I saw in the credits she's voicing Evil-Lyn.)

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 24, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love SMG and will fight you to death over this. But yeah, she could've used a bit more fierceness in her voice. But I still loved her performance overall.

What's the best place to see all the SDCC reveals? I just caught the new Mondo 1/6 MOTU reveal in a FB group and they look excellent, might have to rebudget for some those.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Djarum posted:

They have been getting reprints of older stuff for awhile. They did one for the Caliban wave Gambit recently for example. Them and Entertainment Earth I think pay for reprints of certain things. I am kind of surprised neither has done the Jim Lee Cyclops or Beast again yet.

That's good to know, thanks. I saw they had preorders for the Love Triangle box a few months ago but didn't have the money then. I'll have to keep am eye out for a reissue.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I love SMG and will fight you to death over this. But yeah, she could've used a bit more fierceness in her voice. But I still loved her performance overall.

What's the best place to see all the SDCC reveals? I just caught the new Mondo 1/6 MOTU reveal in a FB group and they look excellent, might have to rebudget for some those.

Toyark usually has big galleries of everything.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Loved the new MOTU show. I agree that SMG could have used a bit more fierceness in her voice acting, but overall everyone was spot on.

Also, that new Mondo Scare Glow is gonna kill my wallet, but it will be mine. I passed on their first version and regret it to this day.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Aphrodite posted:

What's different about this version that has them all mad?

There are non-white people in it.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I ordered a figurarts Super Sailor Mercury off ebay that arrived today. I love it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Spent about 2 hours listing stuff on Mercari last night. 22 listings created, 3 sales already. I really like this platform and I'm up about $2000 since I started. So I pulled out 4 bins and have about 40 lots to photograph and prep for tonight when I get up. I highly recommend this app.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Spent about 2 hours listing stuff on Mercari last night. 22 listings created, 3 sales already. I really like this platform and I'm up about $2000 since I started. So I pulled out 4 bins and have about 40 lots to photograph and prep for tonight when I get up. I highly recommend this app.

What’s Mercari’s cut of each sale?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Edit: correction.

10% selling fee, 4% processing fee.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Rhyno posted:

Doubling recommend for Mercari. My wife has been listing a bunch of her old clothes and my toys on there and it's like every day there's at least one sale. poo poo that languished on ebay for months is just moving on Mercari.

In other news Tamashii has a pop up near me that has a bunch of their stuff but I was disappointed they only had sailor Uranus (I have the original release and I don't want to double dip) but I got a Loki, Samurai Kylo Ren and Birds of Prey Harley.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Edit: correction.

10% selling fee, 4% processing fee.

That’s not too bad, it’s about the same as eBay.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Does Mercari use Paypal, or do they demand your bank account info like eBay does now for sellers? I really don't feel great about sharing that with eBay.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

drat I guess I’m spoiled by direct sales. 14% sounds insane to me

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Most of them just sell things for like 10-15% more than what they actually want.

That's why it's often useful to track down whether an ebay or Amazon seller has their own store too.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

It is, but when money’s a little tight and you want to clear out a collection it’s an acceptable compromise. Especially since the only local alternative for most folks is selling to an LCS for less than half what each item is worth.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Finished watching Revelation. I'm gonna end up buying so many dang he-mans if they release roboto, trap-jaw, stinkor, tri-clops, grayskull... straight back to 80s nostalgia on this one. I didn't have any expectations on the story and honestly, I thought it was pretty well done, despite it seemingly being written to sell me, an adult, plastic toys.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I did some upgrading on my cases over the weekend. Got another detolf, and also got some Bestas to use as risers for the cases. The risers make a BIG difference, something about the cases being off the ground a bit really helps with the presentation. Also decided to try the Dioder lights in the new case, I like them! There photos really don't do it justice, but:

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The Four Horsemen have announced their Mythic Legions: evergreen legion builders. The plan is for these to always be in stock at their Store Horsemen site.

quote:

MYTHIC LEGIONS: LEGION BUILDER REINFORCEMENTS!!

You’ve been waiting… You’ve been asking… You’ve been patient… You’ll be rewarded for your loyalty and passion soon. FINALLY… OFFICIALLY… coming to Store Horsemen in 2022, the Mythic Legions: Legion Builder Reinforcements!!
We’d originally planned to do a preorder for these figures many months ago, but the global pandemic had other plans, and new plan is to just place a huge order for each of the characters with our factory immediately, and run the Legion Builder Reinforcements alongside the production of the recently preordered Deluxe Legion Builders figures. Since the Reinforcements have no new tooling, the hope is that we’ll be able to do production on them quickly and have those ready to ship out to customers by mid 2022.

As you may remember, we recently ran a poll in order to decide which characters would be the first Legion Builder Reinforcement figures to be released, and we’re really happy with the final results. Those of you who participated in the poll chose a very diverse bunch of characters that will be really helpful to the Mythic Legions community in both Legion building and customizing. Here are the top five that will be included in the first Legion Builder Reinforcements wave in order of most number of votes to least number of votes…

The first, and most popular character by over 200 votes, is the infamous BLACK KNIGHT LEGION BUILDER!

Next up, for all of you who are fans of the undead, we have STANDARD SKELETON LEGION BUILDER!

Many of you chose the Black Knight, so it makes sense that one of the other top vote getters is the TEMPLAR KNIGHT LEGION BUILDER!

For the fans of the not-so-human humanoids, how about a dirty little BRONZE DWARF LEGION BUILDER?

The last of the characters we’re including from the poll is the grimy, greasy, green little GOBLIN LEGION BUILDER!

What?!? You say you want more?!? Well, we’ve decided to include one of the most sought after Orcs from Mythic Legions, the original ORC LEGION BUILDER!

And to round out this wave, we’re throwing in the single most popular character so far in Mythic Legions history, the BARBARIAN BUILDER SET!!

The standard Legion Builder Reinforcement characters listed above will be $25.00 each (not including shipping & handling), and the Barbarian Builder Set will be $55.00 each (not including shipping & handling), but if you order the Mythic Legions: Legion Builder Reinforcements All-In set, which includes one of each of the characters listed above, you’ll only have to pay $185.00 (not including shipping & handling)!
Fear not, Brave Legionnaires! The reinforcements are on their way!!

-FOUR HORSEMEN-

This is a great line up for newcomers.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I did some upgrading on my cases over the weekend. Got another detolf, and also got some Bestas to use as risers for the cases. The risers make a BIG difference, something about the cases being off the ground a bit really helps with the presentation. Also decided to try the Dioder lights in the new case, I like them! There photos really don't do it justice, but:

Came out really sick! I just organized all my figs too and grabbed another detolf. Love your setup.

I have all the NECA TMNT....and I mean all of them. It's a problem.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

The NECA Turtles should have come with alternate heads so you can recreate that horrible scene where you can see the actor's real mouth inside the costume's mouth. Are those light strips you can just buy or did they come with the display case? I want to do a little shelf in my room and have lights like that on it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Thanks!

Those are IKEA Dioder lights, they come separate: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/dioder-led-4-piece-light-strip-set-white-20119418/

I'm nearly certain you can find cheaper light strips at a Home Depot or something.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Grant DaNasty posted:

The Four Horsemen have announced their Mythic Legions: evergreen legion builders. The plan is for these to always be in stock at their Store Horsemen site.

This is a great line up for newcomers.

That is awesome, and means I can drop a bunch of skeletons and goblins from BBTS to save my wallet some pain.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I bought 2 more Tengu Warriors today. I've never army built a figure before. This toy is fantastic.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I need to go to bed; I took too long trying to figure out what the gold praying guy was from before I finally realized it was the Infinity Gauntlet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love the often detolf look, so nice!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Not that I was looking to start collection another line of anything, but I grabbed the Gandalf mini epic and my wallet weeps because so many others look great.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I finally watched MOTU Revelation and I liked it OK... but, in a twist a lot of people here could probably have seen coming, I didn't like it as much as 200x MOTU or the She-Ra reboot.

Just to be an art critic for a minute here: The weird costume redesigns arguably made sense for the story, but were disappointingly generic. In trying to make their clothes "practical" they wrecked the overall clarity of design that defines MOTU characters. This is a setting where form should not follow function, function should be an afterthought at best and form should follow coolness. Like Teela didn't need a bunch of fuckin' brown leather padding. Most of the bad guys just had this lazy "let's give them a bunch of scars to indicate that some poo poo happened" thing. Kudos for Tri-Klops's pope hat though.

By comparison, the 200x designs completely nailed it, they took cool designs and made them even cooler, and really successfully modernized the aesthetic. Netflix She-Ra went another direction with a really minimal art style, but the designs were still fun, with clean lines and bright colors and a real sense of individuality for each character.

Potentially spoilery Revelation story critique: It wasn't bad but did feel a little fan-fictiony to me. The only thing that actually pissed me off as a MOTU fan was [ACTUAL SPOILER ALERT] Castle Grayskull being an illusion and not really a creepy old skull-faced castle... like way to take all the fun out of it, guys. Teela's tacked-on best friend felt extremely tacked-on, I'm all for being woke and inclusive and whatever, but she didn't serve much of a purpose in the story so it rang really hollow. She didn't even feel like a MOTU character, she didn't have an interesting power or gimmick or cool weapon, and just dressed in bland earth tones. She was introduced as a "tech expert" but then Roboto joined the party and instantly made that totally irrelevant. All the plot twists and character drama happened between other people, and she was just sort of in the background like "and then I say something!"

Anyway I'm not very interested in toys based on this particular show... What else you got, Mattel?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm hoping they show us a couple dozen more Origins figures at Power Con, bunch of vehicles and Snake Mountain. People in the FB groups and forums just refuse to let go of Classics so i'll say i agree and re-releasing some of those would be awesome.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Small correction: MOTU has never been cool.

The Toys Wonderland drama has been slowly unfolding on YouTube and the CF (formerly SSF) forums and it seems like Sideshow struck them for using their product photos, not for reselling. Toys Buying Agent uses a variety of things (actual box photos, art, movie posters etc) but never the official Sideshow/Hot Toys promo photos so they should be just fine.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 25, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Small correction: MOTU has never been cool.

Neither have you but here you are.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It is, but when money’s a little tight and you want to clear out a collection it’s an acceptable compromise. Especially since the only local alternative for most folks is selling to an LCS for less than half what each item is worth.

Oh I totally can understand; I hope I wasn’t coming off as “Hmph! These plebes sell like fools!” 9r anything. I have never used EBay or anything to sell so I’m genuinely surprised at that rate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I feel the rates are typical of any selling platform but the ease of use won me over from ebay.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I have a lot of Kenner's PoTF line in the form of loose figures, carded figures, and vehicles like an x-wing, tie fighter, slave 1 etc. None of this is bringing me any enjoyment and occupies storage space I could devote to more bots/joes/hemans etc.

I realize little of it probably commands any value at all, but hypothetically, how would it be best to sell it in case I could make some cash off of some/most/all of it? Ebay, as a lot? I'm out of my depth on this one lol. I don't have much hope that I would, given how SW toys have evolved over the last several decades, but still, I ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
For a big lot like that I’d suggest either taking it to an LCS (although they’d absolutely lowball and give you pennies) or sell it as a lot on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. I’ve had decent luck with the latter.

Piecing it out probably isn’t going to be worth your time or the headache.