Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I can't believe how "black and white but also wario's outfit is yellow" is somehow the most compelling detective noir art choice I've seen.

technically, every black & white detective noir film ever made fits a color scheme of black and white but also wario's shirt is yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I can't believe how "black and white but also wario's outfit is yellow" is somehow the most compelling detective noir art choice I've seen.

lmao it's just Sin City

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sin City is based off Detective Wario.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Sin City, but one dude's skin is made of Wario's outfit.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Kennel posted:

Sin City, but one dude's skin is made of Wario's outfit.
OH YOU'LL WAH, THEY ALL WAH

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Someone please explain this loss meme for my ailing brain.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Plethora posted:

Roman numerals
I II
II L

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Plethora posted:

If you translate the numbers to roman numerals it makes loss

I II
II L

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

the holy poopacy posted:

technically, every black & white detective noir film ever made fits a color scheme of black and white but also wario's shirt is yellow.
I'm cackling like an idiot at this post and it really should not be as funny as it is to me, send help

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Why won't my monitor turn on

Edit: \/\/\/ Seeing someone else make the Penzance post you decided not to make is so indescribably satisfying.

Douche Wolf 89 has a new favorite as of 14:52 on Jul 25, 2021

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Tendales posted:

This strip won't make a lot of sense unless you're as much of a nerd about the history of traditional games as Onstad apparently is. See, many of what we consider to just be normal games now were actually fortune telling devices, before religious anti-witchcraft persecution drove fortune tellers to pretend 'no really, it's just a game, see!' The most famous example is probably how Tarot cards evolved into the standard deck of playing cards, but it's much more widespread. Games like Chutes and Ladders, Jenga, Twister, Monopoly, and especially Scrabble started out as ways to predict the future; usually hoping to learn either how you are going to die, or how you are going to get laid.

I know this is a shitpost but I can’t help myself. Tarot cards started as a type of playing cards that people arbitrarily assigned mysticism to

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

the holy poopacy posted:

Fair point. More accurately, their fault is the complete absence of Wario.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Why won't my monitor turn on

Edit: \/\/\/ Seeing someone else make the pendant post you decided not to make is so indescribably satisfying.

pedant

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Edit: \/\/\/ Seeing someone else make the pendant post you decided not to make is so indescribably satisfying.

I see what you mean.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

the holy poopacy posted:

Magnificent. I'm telling this to my film nerd friends

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe the post was just hanging over the thread.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

Sestze posted:

OH YOU'LL WAH, THEY ALL WAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSzNgiVQMDk

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
I remember everyone making GBS threads on Pupkin back in the day but I can't remember why. It's pretty innocuous so far.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm going to go ahead and say the gag of "pumpkin? but I already have 2 dogs named pumpkin. I know, I'll call you... pumpkin 3" is pretty great.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

"They call me a dog but I think I'm a monster" is not a line I expected from Pupkin's reputation.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Pupkin is adolescent Beartato.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Wait, actually I think Beartato is Pumpkin Dog #1's and Pumpkin Dog #3's baby.

Teeth, bodyshape, it all makes sense.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/JucikaInOrder/status/1418781942544158720

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I just went and read all of pupkin and am a bit confused

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Slimy Hog posted:

It's about a dog.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

It's about a dog.

I don't think it is.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #33: OK, it’s hard to see the birds, but they are humming birds you know?

=====================

Hitmen for Destiny #34: But gravity always wins

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
How is Jucika so good every time?

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Slimy Hog posted:

That's ok Slimy :cry:
Just close your eyes and think about the rabbits.:blastback::cry:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I remember reading a goon's post on these forums, way way back. The goon met Christopher Onstad at a signing or somesuch, and asked Onstad "Teodor is a self-insert, right?" and Onstad gave him a big thumbs up.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Until now I'd seen only one or two pupkins and had no idea it was a whole thing

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Until now I'd seen only one or two pupkins and had no idea it was a whole thing

Thank you for loving "Pupkin". :)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I once met Christopher Onstad at a signing or somesuch, and said: "I wish people stopped posting Achewood in PYF comic thread", and he said: "I totally agree"

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

E: I had the Achewood guy and the smbc guy mixed up.

Fantastic Foreskin has a new favorite as of 01:35 on Jul 26, 2021

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I once met a poster on the boards and he said: "I really want people to stop contributing to threads" to which I replied "oh gently caress it's granos, I'm calling the police"

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Arrhythmia posted:

I remember reading a goon's post on these forums, way way back. The goon met Christopher Onstad at a signing or somesuch, and asked Onstad "Teodor is a self-insert, right?" and Onstad gave him a big thumbs up.

The way I always heard it was "Teodor acts how we all act. Roast Beef acts how we all feel."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

trapped mouse posted:

The way I always heard it was "Teodor acts how we all act. Roast Beef acts how we all feel."
what on earth is Cornelius then

like under this framework Lyle makes sense, and Ray makes sense, and even Todd makes some sense, but where the hell does Cornelius come in, is he aspirational?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Johnny Aztec posted:

Thank you for loving "Pupkin". :)

I do love pupkin and i hope nothing bad happens to him