Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Tony's looking at the adjective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

King Bahamut posted:

All this talk about Punk’s music when there’s a chance we could get Final Countdown

I know I thought it but… I’m almost scared to get too hype for Danielson. If I heard that stinger and saw him I would mark out so ridiculously that some mean goon would stuff me in a locker after calling me a nerd. Probably Cavauro as he seems like a guy who is buff and tall. His posting is strong style and straight from the dojo.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

I Before E posted:

In NJPW 5 on 5 elimination matches, usually the eliminations start when people start getting too exhausted or occupied preventing double teaming to break up pins, or they just get submissions on loss posts.

and in WWE half the people just get pinned clean in the first 10 minutes and nobody does anything because every WWE character is a dumb idiot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Drakkel posted:

and in WWE half the people just get pinned clean in the first 10 minutes and nobody does anything because every WWE character is a dumb idiot.

No one makes the save because no one expects someone to get pinned by a power slam after 5 minutes. It's called wrestling psychology.

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

I saw some people asking about live shows and masking and without coming off as a super doomer, please PLEASE wear a mask if you're going in person to one of these shows. Delta has taken over as the dominant variant in the US and is extremely contagious. I won't tell you not to go because I did but if you are just take care and protect yourself. It's not worth the risk, believe me. These shows are happening in the places they are because the rules are lax enough to let packed crowds in. With that being said for those going to upcoming shows I hope you have as fun a time as I did in Austin!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

AK-47 posted:

I saw some people asking about live shows and masking and without coming off as a super doomer, please PLEASE wear a mask if you're going in person to one of these shows. Delta has taken over as the dominant variant in the US and is extremely contagious. I won't tell you not to go because I did but if you are just take care and protect yourself. It's not worth the risk, believe me. These shows are happening in the places they are because the rules are lax enough to let packed crowds in. With that being said for those going to upcoming shows I hope you have as fun a time as I did in Austin!

The shows are happening basically all over the country. Except the West Coast because AEW hates that coast.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The furthest west AEW has ran a show is Utah I think?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

The shows are happening basically all over the country. Except the West Coast because AEW hates that coast.

They were just starting to make their way out here before the pandemic :(

e:

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Yes the Salt Lake show on 3/11 (the night everything shut down)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Vegas for DoN.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man
Is there a streaming service or anywhere that I can watch all of the old episodes of dynamite? I'm not asking for :filez: or anything like that. I was just wondering because I have missed so much of the show since it started. If there isn't any place like that then I can probably just read a wicki and just try to find all the big matches on their own. Thanks!

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

So, if we go with the fantasy booking fakeout with MJF idea....

https://twitter.com/Fiend4FoIIows/status/1419019830171156483

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

https://twitter.com/KingSerpentico/status/1419073848658599940?s=19

:sickos:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
this came up in my reccos, huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuI1qfcvOL0

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

MassRafTer posted:

I'm aware, most of the country is a dumpster fire.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
With the Punk debut, I hope people aren't doing that thing wrestling & TV fandoms always do where they fall in love with their fantasy booking so hard that anything else is a disappointment. If they're holding off on debuting Punk for Chicago, it's 100% going to be him coming out to Cult of Personality. They're not going to give a pop that huge and memorable to a momentary fakeout. They're also not going to use his infinitely less recognizable indie theme.

the_Vandal posted:

Is there a streaming service or anywhere that I can watch all of the old episodes of dynamite? I'm not asking for :filez: or anything like that. I was just wondering because I have missed so much of the show since it started. If there isn't any place like that then I can probably just read a wicki and just try to find all the big matches on their own. Thanks!
When I was behind, I caught up using Bleacher Report Live. You have to make a free account, and they don't have every episode, but they do have a lot. They're in the process of moving though, so I guess you could try to look up episodes by date on Bilibili.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

still cant believe they havent signed this wrestler

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

the_Vandal posted:

Just go on BiliBili and search "AEW Dynamite #1" and you'll get episode 1. And so on for every episode up to the latest

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

sticklefifer posted:

With the Punk debut, I hope people aren't doing that thing wrestling & TV fandoms always do where they fall in love with their fantasy booking so hard that anything else is a disappointment.

anything less than punk making out with cabana and we riot

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CM Punk shows up as part of a team of masked outcasts with Erick Rowan as their leader.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Gavok posted:

CM Punk shows up as part of a team of masked outcasts with Erick RowanRedbeard as their leader.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hey heads up Emi Sakura just announced she's coming to america ("one way ticket") after the season finale of ChocoPro on the 8th

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Senerio posted:

Hey heads up Emi Sakura just announced she's coming to america ("one way ticket") after the season finale of ChocoPro on the 8th

I would love to see Emi vs Serena Deeb

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The craziest part is we have a spoiler thread for stuff like this and I'm not trying to be a jerk I promise but that's kid of the entire point of it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Orange Carlisle posted:

The craziest part is we have a spoiler thread for stuff like this and I'm not trying to be a jerk I promise but that's kid of the entire point of it

Huge if true

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
None of that's really a spoiler

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Orange Carlisle posted:

not gonna lie I genuinely forgot that because I don't read that thread and this one is all talking about signings and I figure this is basically the same thing

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

None of that's really a spoiler

You say that but I agree with you and this is probably going to get out of hand but I always commit to the decisions I make so now I'm kind of stuck in this loop

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Emi Sakura coming back to America is not a spoiler if it's announced on a live show streamed over the internet. Besides it's very unlikely they'll do a surprise entrance spot for her.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If we can talk about Punk and Bryan being signed, we can talk about Emi heading back to the US. It's not a spoiler unless we're talking about taping results and stuff like that.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Emi Sakura just announced on ChocoPro that she's coming back to AEW in August

e: and if you are gonna spoiler something, more context than "Hey heads up" would be helpful

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Emi vs. Kilynn gonna slap

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

Emi vs. Kilynn gonna slap

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I cannot wait for Evil Stepmom Emi's in-person response to Abadon.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’m watching the random dynamite episodes on my dvr that I never got around to, man the blood and guts match between the inner circle and the pinnacle was great.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

emi and deeb are going to crank out one hell of a future division. wish aew could hire lance storm as well for this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

So like, it's 100% done, right? They're both signed, sealed, delivered? We're at the point where people from the AEW office are playing up the rumors, they would look like complete loving morons if they somehow didn't get both at this point.

I Before E posted:

In NJPW 5 on 5 elimination matches, usually the eliminations start when people start getting too exhausted or occupied preventing double teaming to break up pins, or they just get submissions on loss posts.

NJPW also has over-the-top for eliminations, which is very handy because it lets you not actually pin anyone.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It'd be kinda hilarious if they debuted as a tag team and didn't put them into singles at all.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Ricky Starks is loving awesome.

I know that the thread is talking about other stuff but I just wanted to say that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The Young Bucks always troll in their header, it means nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

MJeff posted:

So like, it's 100% done, right? They're both signed, sealed, delivered? We're at the point where people from the AEW office are playing up the rumors, they would look like complete loving morons if they somehow didn't get both at this point.

It's all a smoke screen to pop the ratings.