Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It stands for Really Poggers Games.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Arpeggio is just the Italian word for RPG

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

It stands for Really Poggers Games.

thinking about the incredibly not mad GameFAQS guy talking about Quest 64

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arrhythmia posted:

Quest 64 is the first "RPG" to come to the Nintendo 64, which is pretty
sad and pathetic when you think about it. Actually, I think the entire
"RPG" concept it stupid. Think about it..."Role Playing Game." That
means you are playing the role of a character, and are totally submersed
in their world, and can interact with it. Using that definition, Mario
64 is an RPG. So is GoldenEye 007. The only genre that isn't an RPG is
the puzzle genre...most of the time at least. RPG really means "Retarded
Pretend Game."

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

that bit was so out of left field had I been drinking something I probably would have spit it out

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
I just finished Dragon Quest VIII and I have no idea why anyone likes this game, or this series in general.

Slowest, grindiest thing I've ever played. Randoms are like five minutes each and give almost no experience or money. The only way to level is to hunt a specific extremely rare monster that just runs away before you can do anything. And equipment is so expensive it seems like it would take, no poo poo, almost ten hours of money grinding to get a single weapon. I had to do a "no shop" challenge by default. Oh, but the game was so charming. :jerkbag:

Sorry, just really had to get that out there. Enjoy Dragon Quest if you want.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

magikid posted:

I just finished Dragon Quest VIII and I have no idea why anyone likes this game, or this series in general.

Slowest, grindiest thing I've ever played. Randoms are like five minutes each and give almost no experience or money. The only way to level is to hunt a specific extremely rare monster that just runs away before you can do anything. And equipment is so expensive it seems like it would take, no poo poo, almost ten hours of money grinding to get a single weapon. I had to do a "no shop" challenge by default. Oh, but the game was so charming. :jerkbag:

:downsbravo:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if dragon quest encounters are taking you 5 minutes a piece maybe you should get yourself tested

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

magikid posted:

lmao

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
So I guess you guys had a pretty good time with it then.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

magikid posted:

Nice troll post. Dipshit.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

magikid posted:

So I guess you guys had a pretty good time with it then.

you couldnt even kill a metal slime lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

magikid posted:

a noob approaches

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
noob because u seem to be really bad at dragon quest and noob bc u seem to have mistaken imp zone for the place where u post fail rear end rants about how a game sucks cause youre bad at it btw. games is up a few forums

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Out of all possible reasons to dislike Dragon Quest, I was not expecting to see "it's too hard."

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
*grinds 10 hours to buy the new sword*
*finds the same sword in a chest in the next dungeon*
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

magikid posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

Out of all possible reasons to dislike Dragon Quest, I was not expecting to see "it's too hard."

lol seriously

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

This.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

magikid posted:

preparing to head to the imp zone, the forum full of people who enjoy playing video games, and the rpg thread, the thread for people who particularly enjoy playing rpgs, to post my bitter screed about how I’m so sick of all the Horii-wank in one of the most beloved rpg series of all time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

magikid posted:

lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

magikid posted:

lmfao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

magikid posted:

you should check out final fantasy mystic quest as it is a RPG that is very simple and made for babies and i think you will enjoy it :)

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Meloncholric posted:

you should check out final fantasy mystic quest as it is a RPG that is very simple and made for babies and i think you will enjoy it :)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

absolutely anything posted:

a noob approaches

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hizke posted:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

One noob sees another noob getting flamed and tries to jump in with the regulars. A tale as old as time…

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Hizke posted:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

A Metal Slime draws near? Command?

ohkay a slime, this will be easy, ahuh huh. I missed! What the freaking f... hell. oh, ohkay, finally an attack – dood! one freaking damage? AH AH AH AH! it's glitching out, it only does one damage every time! every time, my attacks are hitting, alright, but it's only one damage. it's freaking glitched, you'd think after eight games they'd get it right. snorts well, at least i'm getting tons of exper- it ran away! are you freaking kidding me, ohkay, that's it. goes to system settings and uninstalls the game that's about enough of that, folks. tune in tomorrow night for a chill relaxing time hanging out in the return to Fallout: New Vegas for the CONCLUSION of the Dead Money DLC... and beyond!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bolverkur posted:

ohkay a slime, this will be easy, ahuh huh. I missed! What the freaking f... hell. oh, ohkay, finally an attack – dood! one freaking damage? AH AH AH AH! it's glitching out, it only does one damage every time! every time, my attacks are hitting, alright, but it's only one damage. it's freaking glitched, you'd think after eight games they'd get it right. snorts well, at least i'm getting tons of exper- it ran away! are you freaking kidding me, ohkay, that's it. goes to system settings and uninstalls the game that's about enough of that, folks. tune in tomorrow night for a chill relaxing time hanging out in the return to Fallout: New Vegas for the CONCLUSION of the Dead Money DLC... and beyond!

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bolverkur posted:

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bolverkur posted:

Lol