Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bumble He posted:

the poll is on between the most edgy avatars on this page.
busalover vs. lladre

@ busalover: is this your hayabusa?
@ lladre: is this your belly?

Nah someone in a different thread has issues.
And buying avatars is part of his mid life crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lammasu posted:

Is that a joke or does the anime really exist? I can't tell anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yurikuma_Arashi

It's literally called Lesbian Bear Storm. And yes, there is a storm of lesbian bears in there.

.random
May 7, 2007

trucutru posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yurikuma_Arashi

It's literally called Lesbian Bear Storm. And yes, there is a storm of lesbian bears in there.

:iiasb:. Shabadadoo

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

With nvidia drivers you can easily set a global limit like this, but yeah its funny there isn't at least a 1000fps cap or something. Course, the people who play cstrike would hate that, but they could override it.

I have my drivers set to a global cap of 144 (my refresh rate) because why not?

Radeon drivers also have settings for limiting framerate, though it's not quite 100% effective.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

Procedural birds are in?

If, in some alternate universe, Star Citizen became a reality the procedural birds would probably figure out the equivalent of gold farming and wreck the economy on their own from inside the server.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Lesbian Panda Bear Storn

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DevotedGlassEarwig-mobile.mp4

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Solarin posted:

he doesn't need crows to murder this project

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pansexual Platypus Precipitation

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

One of the things that's given us a lot to laugh about is, did SC actually move to Lumberyard or did they just say they did?

Crytek would like to know. They're probably breaking licensing contracts with somebody, if not everybody.

SC was using a CryEngine branch. Amazon bought a purchased a branch of CryEngine to use as there base for Lumberyard. Part of the purchase agreement allowed Amazon to sub license some CryEngine branches one of which was the exact one SC uses. So basically all CIG did was swap their license from Crytek to Amazon and changed the logos to Lumberyard and said they ported to Lumberyard. And because for some stupid reason CryTek allowed Amazon to sub license CryEngine CIG was able to escape most of the legal consequences.

One of the more invisible things about SC development is just the run of good luck they have had and done nothing with.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

kilus aof posted:

SC was using a CryEngine branch. Amazon bought a purchased a branch of CryEngine to use as there base for Lumberyard. Part of the purchase agreement allowed Amazon to sub license some CryEngine branches one of which was the exact one SC uses. So basically all CIG did was swap their license from Crytek to Amazon and changed the logos to Lumberyard and said they ported to Lumberyard. And because for some stupid reason CryTek allowed Amazon to sub license CryEngine CIG was able to escape most of the legal consequences.

One of the more invisible things about SC development is just the run of good luck they have had and done nothing with.

This is my understanding as well, though they did something with their good luck: made a lot of money.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
https://mobile.twitter.com/keithcalder/status/1418983095886401538

This, from a man who invested in Store Citizer :roflolmao:

(this is not an endorsement of Space Jam 2: Jam Harder, just an acknowledgment that two things can be bad ideas)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Tane?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Look at this dude who hasn't seen The Producers

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

trucutru posted:

Not quite the same though, in The Producers its actually a good idea that just barely doesn't work, and its a fictional play within the movie.

That said I think Movie 43 counts for "movie where the idea is this was a mistake"

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
If I recall correctly Robocop 2 had a meta scene of a board meeting where they talk about how making another Robocop is a bad idea.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

If I recall correctly Robocop 2 had a meta scene of a board meeting where they talk about how making another Robocop is a bad idea.

Not only that but they literally make a bunch of Robocops that fail (the funniest one being the one that shoots everyone around it then itself) and then their final Robocop 2 is powered by the brain of a deranged junkie and also goes wrong. The entire film is pretty much refuting it's own need to exist.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Fil5000 posted:

Not only that but they literally make a bunch of Robocops that fail (the funniest one being the one that shoots everyone around it then itself) and then their final Robocop 2 is powered by the brain of a deranged junkie and also goes wrong. The entire film is pretty much refuting it's own need to exist.

https://i.imgur.com/b59grEe.gifv

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

Not quite the same though, in The Producers its actually a good idea that just barely doesn't work, and its a fictional play within the movie.

You! You're *that guy*

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

RoboCop 2 argues that it doesn't need to exist but meanwhile Tom Noonan counterargues by being totally loving psycho and cool

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

This is just the Stimpire again

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Network Neutrality posted:

Net Neutrality I speculate would make server meshing simplier, easier, and run more smoothly than other wise. On the other hand I speculate the lost of net neutrality would make server meshing more complicated, harder to do and to run.

In very broad generalities net neutrality is the status quo. However for the US whether it stays or go had been on a knive edge. It is still there currently but it could be only a temporary reprieve. If nothing changes EU seemed to be maintaining it for now.

I think CIG server meshing with its heavy burden of connectivity would be very dependent on net neutrality to maintain a large broad popular player base. Otherwise fragmentation would result in to small elitist groups, or else everything have to be dumb down similar to how WOW is dumb down to make it a broad popular genre.

Groshlak
Jan 9, 2021
TF is this drivel

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

trucutru posted:

You! You're *that guy*

:confused: you made a joke and I did too? We're not debating politics here don't take it personal.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Stuck in bed posted:

I'm stuck in the bunk on my Cutlass Black and I can't get up.

New player. I went to Yela to try some mining with the ROC in my hold, but had to log out so I got in the ship's bunk. When I log back in, there I am in the bunk. But I can't figure out how to get up.

If I press F and try to find an active option to get up, there isn't one. There is one to log out, though, which covers almost the entire left side of my screen. And I have the option to do things to various items on my harness, like drop, inspect, activate, etc. These options cover most of the center and right side of my screen.

I'm using a Samsung CHG90 ultrawide monitor, and since there are so many other issues with the ultrawide monitors I'm starting to wonder if the 'get up' option is truncated out of my field of view somehow? (The global chat does that when I'm in a pilot seat, and the text on the loading screens is also cut off at the edge of the monitor. And visor effects like icing don't appear on the extreme left and right of my screen either.)

I have tried every keystroke I can think of or find online... none of them work. And here's the real pisser- I can't even backspace to commit suicide! It doesn't work either.

Any ideas? I know that there is some way to basically reset your whole account but, drat, that seems like a nuclear option.

quote:

Get some player to shoot you, and do not use the upper bunk anymore in the future.
You only get out by respawning, and you can't suicide.
Have already done a few of these rescue missions for people stuck in bed in the PTU.

quote:

Hmm. I searched, and evidently this IS a known issue with the Cutty's top bunk. One suggested workaround is to join Arena Commander Multiplayer (Pirate Swarm) and get killed or crash. I'm going to try that.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Groshlak posted:

TF is this drivel

Citizenese.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Help, I need rescue. I'm sleeping.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

trucutru posted:

The 2005 movie version of The Producers with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick is the only movie that made me walk out of the theater.

Groshlak
Jan 9, 2021

Tippis posted:

Citizenese.

I couldn't see the forest for the trees!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

CIG doesnt seem to be loving up hilariously as of late. Have they given up or what?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MedicineHut posted:

CIG doesnt seem to be loving up hilariously as of late. Have they given up or what?

Can't gently caress up if you do nothing.
temple-tap.jpg

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Trillhouse posted:

The 2005 movie version of The Producers with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick is the only movie that made me walk out of the theater.

Well, you kinda deserve it, right? At least the people that bought tickets for the Phantom Menace trailer did walk out of the Wing Commander movie all giddy and poo poo.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MedicineHut posted:

I mean, when your progress reports say poo poo like "X is ready and in but it's not activated because X is not ready to be in," then it's basically metaphysically impossible to gently caress up.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Thoatse posted:

Not sure, probably a magpie though all are indeed corvids but there are black/white crows

Collared Crow

Pied Crow

Piping Crow

Magpie

Corvid 19 anyone?

Anyway, I've read the latest email from Crobbers and !!!!!

quote:

July 23, 2021

Greetings Citizens,

Our annual CitizenCon spectacular is back and going digital on October 9th! From sharing our latest developments, admiring epic cosplay, a bevy of community events, contests, and more, this event will be a memorable experience for all.

More from this week: Prep for our CitizenCon 2951 events starting with our community video contest and cosplay contest. Also, the Alpha 3.14 patch is now available on the PTU (public test universe) to all backers for final testing before release.

Thank you for your continued support,

The Star Citizen Team

loving GET IN!!!!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is what being lesbian is all about.

dejapes
Jan 4, 2020

Jonny Shiloh posted:

quote:

Our annual CitizenCon spectacular is back and going digital on October 9th!

If Star Citizen in any way approximated what was hyped to the backers, then a digital CitizenCon would be an opportunity to showcase ten years of development. Built-in FOIP support would render real-time convention speakers in high fidelity, their speeches accompanying gestures produced by the studio's in-house mocap studio. An A-list actor or three would make a surprise cameo, gushing with excitement over the upcoming epic single player adventure while struggling not to spoil Roberts' visionary script. Thousands of attendees would gather in the same virtual space, made possible by the ground-breaking code that meshes servers together seamlessly under the aegis of proprietary Star Engine (c) technology.

Of course, SC being what it actually is, it'll be a live-streamed power-point. Anything in-game will be a static environment showcasing whatever new 3d model they want to sell you for the modest price of a used sedan. And it'll be a jittery mess, with 50-player servers suffering from rubber-banding and all the usual signs of lag.

At least there will be more material for the next dreams.txt.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Speaking of Star Citizen cosplay why did that one guy have a plastic bag over his head?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lammasu posted:

Speaking of Star Citizen cosplay why did that one guy have a plastic bag over his head?

He was a Star Citizen mans.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Really people can just do whatever they want and call it Star Citizen because there is no real "look" or famous character appearance.

It's like "sci fi punk" and whatever your favorite genre or appearance is, is totally thematic for SC.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Lammasu posted:

It’s an in-game helmet released for space poors along the polluted city... a few years ago?

Or this is all a dream and i’m floating in suspension, being analyzed by scientists of the 4th Stimpire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groshlak
Jan 9, 2021

The Titanic posted:

This is what being lesbian is all about.

Lol, a tornado of lesbianism, if you will!