Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

They also did a godzilla themed version of this, lmao.

godzillas cool tho so im fine with that tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!
they did not harry potter and not skyrim sets too

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the d&d magic set is fun, imo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm glad the goblins who got angry about the She-Ra reboot finally got their He-Man reboot - and it's just a kinda bad Kevin Smith female empowerment Netflix show.

(There is only one transformation sequence because he dies in the first episode.)

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

babypolis posted:

the d&d magic set is fun, imo
Straight up. I saw the preview cards and went :rolleyes: and was prepared to hate the poo poo out of it, but I accidentaly went to the prerelease one Friday and yeah, it is a lot of fun. Limited is sort of a mess power-wise but the mechanics are fun as gently caress.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I'm glad the goblins who got angry about the She-Ra reboot finally got their He-Man reboot - and it's just a kinda bad Kevin Smith female empowerment Netflix show.

(There is only one transformation sequence because he dies in the first episode.)

lets make a heman show where he dies and the remaining episodes are everyone asking wheres heman while occasionally talking to his ghost

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Some Guy TT posted:

lets make a heman show where he dies and the remaining episodes are everyone asking wheres heman while occasionally talking to his ghost

i will write the wiki page that records every time that someone asks "hey where's He-Man?" in the new He-Man show. early draft comes to 9 pages with footnotes.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

oscarthewilde posted:

Greg-head or Tim-head?

Both those criminals should be in jail imo

All hail Mr movies!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

RandolphCarter posted:

Don’t play magic, play Arkham Horror the card game.

I got the cards, I need the players.

:negative:

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014
Apparently re: the He Man show, Kevin Smith got incredibly angry that a rumor website reported what was allegedly going to happen in his show and bitched out the reporter on twitter. And then everything they said was accurate lmao.

I don't have a source for this, but I was literally just talking to an old school friend who's super into He Man and they had all the hot goss

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

why does anyone trust kevin smith to do anything anymore i dont think hes managed to do anything competently since the last century

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

oscarthewilde posted:

Greg-head or Tim-head?

Tim-head because Gregg was bankrupting the On Location segment with all those Oh, God callbacks! Very unprofessional!

As good as the shorter episodes and Decker are, something about the long-form Oscar shows kills me every time. I watched the third one last night and when the mystery guest was revealed I laughed so hard I was crying

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

I got the cards, I need the players.

:negative:

Just play solo, it’ll be harder but it’s possible.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

why on earth would anyone want to watch a kevin smith netflix heman show. jesus christ

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Remember when Kevin Smith tried to do horror movies? I'm sorry I made you remember.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Farm Frenzy posted:

why on earth would anyone want to watch a kevin smith netflix heman show. jesus christ

we joke about how hollywood seems to make new projects by markov generator but i think at this point throwing names and ideas together at random is the only real explanation for how and why netflix produces the stuff that it does

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Remember when Kevin Smith tried to do horror movies? I'm sorry I made you remember.

hes still trying!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killroy_Was_Here

quote:

The film is scheduled to be released as a non-fungible token in the United States in 2021, by View Askew Productions, SModcast Pictures, and A Semkhor Production.[4][1][5]

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Kevin Smith used to talk about remaking Fletch with Jason Lee and I could see it.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

Definitely misread this as Herman show, and was thinking a show about Herman Cain's ghost just hanging out at the pizza restaurant would be kinda cool in a dumb "That's My Bush" sorta way

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
every time I see the name Kevin Smith now I think of that tweet he made about p0wning his dick

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Kevin Smith used to talk about remaking Fletch with Jason Lee and I could see it.

he probably looks like steve buscemi now

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Why are people mad over Smiths He-man, the franchise was never anything more than glorified toy commercials and fetish incubator anyways

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
I’m going to regret asking but how does one release a movie as a NFT? Can anyone watch it, but only one special boy has the hash that proves they trusty saw it?

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Ulta posted:

I’m going to regret asking but how does one release a movie as a NFT? Can anyone watch it, but only one special boy has the hash that proves they trusty saw it?

Found an answer for ya:

https://deadline.com/2021/04/kevin-smith-killroy-was-here-nft-sale-jay-and-silent-bob-crypto-studio-1234733439/

Deadline posted:

The owner of the NFT will secure the rights to exhibit, distribute and stream the work, making it a means for whoever owns the movie to earn money outside of the blockchain.

It's a really weird way of selling the film's rights, seems to be

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

McCloud posted:

Why are people mad over Smiths He-man, the franchise was never anything more than glorified toy commercials and fetish incubator anyways

Teela was essentially the main character instead of He-Man.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

marvel/disney delenda est

https://twitter.com/jacobdotgov/status/1419291203468677120

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Teela was essentially the main character instead of He-Man.

I fail to see the problem

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

McCloud posted:

im just mad that Kevin Smith had been given a career at all, much less still allowed to work.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheStrxggler/status/1418604636852813828

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

90s Smith would have tried to get away with jokes involving Fisto's fist and see if censors miss it.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

blazing saddles and young frankenstein came out the same year? drat, dude

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

endocriminologist posted:

every time I see the name Kevin Smith now I think of that tweet he made about p0wning his dick

clit/brown/taint area

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The Hollywood renaissance era was probably the peak of American cinema. The late '60s through the '70s is also where you get an insane number of masterpieces in French, Italian, Japanese, and Soviet cinema. There are of course great movies still getting made today but it definitely feels like the Disney tentpole movies suck most of the oxygen out of the room

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

indigi posted:

clit/brown/taint area

https://twitter.com/thatkevinsmith/status/1367791758256394242?lang=en

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around the idea that someone liked WandaVision that much, even Kevin Smith.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I thought the way Loki was gonna go was that Mobius was orchestrating the collapse of the TVA by giving Loki opportunities to sabotage the system bc he was sick of his police job, would have been cool, maybe next season

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Falstaff posted:

I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around the idea that someone liked WandaVision that much, even Kevin Smith.

Superheroes telling us it's okay to cry validating absolute man-children.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
i cant deal with the idea of kevin smith referring to himself as uwu softboy uwu

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

blazing saddles and young frankenstein came out the same year? drat, dude

edit: nevermind I was confusing ticket sales with budgets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I hope next season of Loki (if there is one, it might just get wrapped up in Dr Strange) is just the Kang show, he was the best most interesting part of the series by far, I could give a gently caress about Loki and Sylvie