Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

Omg post the burrito, I miss real food

Too late, it's in my belly! Cruft Jr had a Navajo taco that is also gone.

They had a vegetarian mushroom green chile that was real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Almost done with everything I need to/can do today and it's not even lunch time. I even took my sweet time setting up to fill four 10liter one way kegs. Not sure why we're using these instead of buying real ones. They're for domestic use. Whatever.

Escape From Noise

Done with everything I need to do today. Just at lunch. Guess I just need to look busy for about an hour, then I'll go get my first jab

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Too late, it's in my belly! Cruft Jr had a Navajo taco that is also gone.

They had a vegetarian mushroom green chile that was real good.

Did you go to the diner in Farmington?! That's where I had the vegan green chile!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hahahaha I'm supposed to work up a quote for 22,000 cases of stuff we aren't getting until October at best.

Hahahahahahahaha people are going to be really mad at me and there's nothing I can do about it hahahahahaha yessss I love my job.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

Did you go to the diner in Farmington?! That's where I had the vegan green chile!

There's a new joint a few doors down, called the chile pod. We went there. V. Good.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

There's a new joint a few doors down, called the chile pod. We went there. V. Good.

I gotta try it on my way back through. There's a place a friend used to work nearby the old diner, it was a bar for a while. It had good fried green chilies and they had darts. When I was a full time drunk I spent a lot of time throwing darts and missing spectacularly.

Escape From Noise

I literally have nothing to do today now that I delayed the brew day to tomorrow, but I'm scheduled to work so I'm here. Two more days of work with one day of actual work to do. Efficiency!

I'm gonna try to leave after lunch.

Escape From Noise

Lol. This stupid job.

I let my bosses know an hour before I started work today that I wouldn't be Brewing today because my arm hurt from the covid vaccine shot I got yesterday (this was no surprise, I let them know that I would be getting the shot at the beginning of the month, and also chose the day available based on the schedule that they had given me).

An hour and 45 minutes after I get into work I get a text from my manager saying that if I can't Brew today since I have nothing to do today then I should take today off and instead work on Saturday, when I'm originally scheduled to have Saturday and Sunday off after working seven days in a row. Never mind that he's the one who made this schedule, and it fell apart, like it always falls apart because you can't try to schedule shifts around a brewery like this. Never mind that I might have plans on Saturday.

I told him that I already got to work so what am I supposed to do? Also what am I supposed to do on Saturday. It's not like I have anything to do then! I told him I was going to clean so that I can stick to my original schedule. I'm going to brew tomorrow. It's not like it's even a rush that we really need to have done immediately.

loving christ

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
It's always real awkward being stuck in a work truck with someone trying to educate you about the dangers of islam and sharia law

Ugh

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

*BIG SCREAM*

Elephant Ambush

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
This is at least the 3rd work related thread I now post in lol

Escape From Noise

Achtane posted:

It's always real awkward being stuck in a work truck with someone trying to educate you about the dangers of islam and sharia law

Ugh

Oh man, the two jobs that I ever had that involved getting in a truck with coworkers usually led to really uncomfortable and frustrating situations... For what it's worth, you absolutely have my sympathy.

Escape From Noise

Another wonderful brew day with a completely stuck loving mash because of the cheapskate owner. gently caress everything. I should already be on the boil but I'm half an hour into trying to get a loving recirc going.

Escape From Noise

Got this piece of poo poo going! I should be out of here by 6! (Probably jinxing myself)

xcheopis

Everyone's hair is on fire.

We are going through a week-long official inspection which involves everyone at the manager level and above, including two directors from a parent agency. People in the Teams meeting getting grilled on everything done over the past 18 months. People not having anything at all to do with Finance getting pulled into meetings to talk about Finance.
We are trying to put through new contracts and the person who is supposed to review for legal issues ghosted his job some weeks back and we just found that out last Friday. Also, they changed some requirements so the pile of paperwork I walked over for processing had to be taken back and revised. We are still waiting for approval of the revisions.
Delta variant is hitting shelters hard, including shelter staff. :(
Financing for a significant project is now not being approved by the group who originally approved it but the project is already underway and that (significant) amount of money is not in our own budget.

I'm swamped with work but also the calmest person in the office.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I just need out. It's so bad I am having panic attacks in cycles constantly now. This is maybe in the top three worst places I've ever worked, but this one happened pretty fast.

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

Everyone's hair is on fire.

We are going through a week-long official inspection which involves everyone at the manager level and above, including two directors from a parent agency. People in the Teams meeting getting grilled on everything done over the past 18 months. People not having anything at all to do with Finance getting pulled into meetings to talk about Finance.
We are trying to put through new contracts and the person who is supposed to review for legal issues ghosted his job some weeks back and we just found that out last Friday. Also, they changed some requirements so the pile of paperwork I walked over for processing had to be taken back and revised. We are still waiting for approval of the revisions.
Delta variant is hitting shelters hard, including shelter staff. :(
Financing for a significant project is now not being approved by the group who originally approved it but the project is already underway and that (significant) amount of money is not in our own budget.

I'm swamped with work but also the calmest person in the office.

Goddamn, that sounds like a nightmare.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

I just need out. It's so bad I am having panic attacks in cycles constantly now. This is maybe in the top three worst places I've ever worked, but this one happened pretty fast.

I know it's not much but I'm so sorry this is happening. I hope you get out soon! loving jobs!

Farecoal

There he go
Starting to think that jobs.... may be bad??

Escape From Noise

Got the schedule for next month. It's not great but they didn't ratfuck me as bad as I thought they would... mostly. They're giving me the day of and after my second shot off, but that also going to be my last day off before I leave, four days before. So if I get messed up by the vaccine I'm going to be in a rush. At least my shot isn't until 16:30 so I can pack up before then.

Also going to work six days in a row, which is sorta bullshit, but at least the schedule is always off so I'll probably have at least one day of those where I basically have nothing to do.

Farecoal

There he go
Do you have a place to hide and gently caress around when you have nothing to do? Being bored at work with no way to goof off is the worst.

Also, how's the vaccine situation in Japan?

Escape From Noise

Farecoal posted:

Do you have a place to hide and gently caress around when you have nothing to do? Being bored at work with no way to goof off is the worst.

Also, how's the vaccine situation in Japan?

Yeah. I can sometimes get away with sitting in front of a laptop with a tab open to BYOB! That or skulk around in the brewery area.

Overall, not super great. Rollout has been slow and a large percentage of the population is not getting vaccinated due to fears of "side effects" while the number of cases directly related to the Olympics has reached 132 and Tokyo is going back into lockdown due to another spike in cases.

Wakayama has had a pretty decent response to COVID from the beginning, ignoring the national government's weak response and instituting stronger and more comprehensive measures on their own. They started general vaccinations much earlier and I got my first shot last week, and will be getting my second shot next month, so I'm alright. Pretty glad I'll be as vaccinated as is currently possible before moving back to Osaka where rollout is slow and availability is limited.

Farecoal

There he go

Escape From Noise posted:

a large percentage of the population is not getting vaccinated due to fears of "side effects"

Is this because of personal health fears or is more not wanting to miss work?

This my first "real" office job and the department I'm in wants to start doing a monthly "game night", which is already bad enough. They also want to do them on Saturdays, one of my days off. It's one of those things where attendance is "not mandatory but encouraged". Trying to think of an excuse.to get out of this first one and then find another way to avoid the rest!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I think I may have resolved that I'm quitting. I don't think I can handle any more. I feel bad for the two other people who aren't in charge, and I'm gonna carry that guilt for a while. But being told I'm useless, I'm stupid, I'm doing everything wrong, that I'm not doing enough, all while running an entire company and not even breaking 40k a year and putting in 15+ hour days is getting to me.

I've taken exactly one week of vacation total in 1.5 years and that week was spent taking care of my dad when he left the hospital.

The two days off I took for my birthday were unpaid.

In both instances I returned to work to be berated for taking approved (via email!) time off. In both cases I was given the shittiest possible responses to saying "I apologize, I was taking the approved time off, I delivered all deliverables and left a list of pending items for which I was awaiting manufacturer response." I have been told I don't deserve more.

I get no benefits. I get no slack. The harder I work, the more angry and callous and loving abusive my boss gets.

The last straw was not being allowed to leave my office to go across the hall to piss on Friday. I don't take extended breaks. I don't get ANY scheduled breaks or lunches. I am expected to work straight through without stopping.

I am expected to be the first one in the door and the last one out.

I am not allowed to update the website with any information that would be useful or necessary for customers.

I do not have any access to a key component of our operation--the connector between our website and our ERP--because the boss thinks that is unimportant.

When there was a service outage with the connector on Friday, my boss told me I was "just too stupid to figure it out." When I forwarded him the email where he denied me the password and access to the connector months ago, he told me "it's not (my) job to know that."

So I think the best route is to leave. And never look back.

xcheopis

Lock everything down before you go and block them on all forms of contact. Make 'em crawl.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I know that I won't get paid off I don't keep them unblocked on my phone at minimum.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

As soon as I'm paid out I'm just done. I will leave and never speak to anyone again if I can help it.

Farecoal

There he go

Starting to think my game night problem isn't so bad

Escape From Noise

Farecoal posted:

This my first "real" office job and the department I'm in wants to start doing a monthly "game night", which is already bad enough. They also want to do them on Saturdays, one of my days off. It's one of those things where attendance is "not mandatory but encouraged". Trying to think of an excuse.to get out of this first one and then find another way to avoid the rest!!

Personal health fears. Like long term side effects.

Escape From Noise

Hamjobs, that's all long past due for sure. I know you've been holding on for reasons beyond you're control. You absolutely deserve better.

xcheopis

Escape From Noise posted:

Hamjobs, that's all long past due for sure. I know you've been holding on for reasons beyond you're control. You absolutely deserve better.

Elephant Ambush

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?

Mormon Nailer posted:

I think I may have resolved that I'm quitting. I don't think I can handle any more. I feel bad for the two other people who aren't in charge, and I'm gonna carry that guilt for a while. But being told I'm useless, I'm stupid, I'm doing everything wrong, that I'm not doing enough, all while running an entire company and not even breaking 40k a year and putting in 15+ hour days is getting to me.

I've taken exactly one week of vacation total in 1.5 years and that week was spent taking care of my dad when he left the hospital.

The two days off I took for my birthday were unpaid.

In both instances I returned to work to be berated for taking approved (via email!) time off. In both cases I was given the shittiest possible responses to saying "I apologize, I was taking the approved time off, I delivered all deliverables and left a list of pending items for which I was awaiting manufacturer response." I have been told I don't deserve more.

I get no benefits. I get no slack. The harder I work, the more angry and callous and loving abusive my boss gets.

The last straw was not being allowed to leave my office to go across the hall to piss on Friday. I don't take extended breaks. I don't get ANY scheduled breaks or lunches. I am expected to work straight through without stopping.

I am expected to be the first one in the door and the last one out.

I am not allowed to update the website with any information that would be useful or necessary for customers.

I do not have any access to a key component of our operation--the connector between our website and our ERP--because the boss thinks that is unimportant.

When there was a service outage with the connector on Friday, my boss told me I was "just too stupid to figure it out." When I forwarded him the email where he denied me the password and access to the connector months ago, he told me "it's not (my) job to know that."

So I think the best route is to leave. And never look back.

good for you

gently caress them

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I AM A CTO OF A COMPANY BY TITLE AND EXPERIENCE AND CANNOT GET PAID 40K A YEAR

HOLY gently caress

Anyway I'm really looking forward to total business failure soon. I'm not giving notice, I'm just walking when the time comes.

Ass-penny

I'm real glad you're walking without giving notice, MN. Bosses like that deserve to have their businesses decimated when the one employee who keeps it running gets fed up with the bs.

Farecoal posted:

Have you considered telling them board game nights are not part of your employment agreement and that if you are not getting paid you do not want to see any of your coworkers? Ugh, it's like when I worked at the bakery after college and all my coworkers who were around the same age wanted to go out clubbing and poo poo. Y'all we are coworkers, not friends. Now that that job is about a decade behind me I can meet up with some of them for a meal or a drink and talk poo poo about that place, but even so, the fact we only reach out to each other maybe once every few years is a tell tale that the bond there is not super strong, like we are not going to each other's weddings lmao.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

xcheopis

Farecoal posted:

https://www.askamanager.org/2016/06/my-boss-keeps-trying-to-get-us-all-to-have-hang-out-together-after-work.html
https://www.askamanager.org/2013/07/can-i-improve-our-office-culture-with-games-and-cook-outs.html

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My boss just tried to micromanage me on how to write an email that is literally a boilerplate signature. By telling me to include incorrect info.

Anyway I'm going to take my 1510 constitutional for the next twenty minutes and then I have a very important appointment with weed, at my house, in bed.

Farecoal

There he go

rear end-penny posted:

Have you considered telling them board game nights are not part of your employment agreement and that if you are not getting paid you do not want to see any of your coworkers?

I don't think I can afford to be that blunt, not yet anyway. That could just be my anxiety talking though

Ass-penny

You got to weigh the pros and cons for sure. It's busy today at my job and I'm not into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Updating your resume is a lot less painful and demotivating when you have an actual goal and vacancy you're applying for, and are also presently employed.
It's a bit sudden, and initially I thought maybe out of my comfort zone, but really it's a job I've done in an acting capacity in the past, so it's really more out of my current state of inertia zone. And if I get it, I can finally move to the west coast. Finally.