Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I've been to one live podcast show and it was Harmontown years ago. That was scarring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Live podcasts are fine! They're fine!

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

the culvers show fuckin ruled

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I saw CBB live a couple years ago and it was mostly good!

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Saw Doughboys in Dallas and the best part is when Wiger compared Whataburger to In n Out and everyone booed him so hard

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Much like Wiger, I refuse to leave my domicile.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I've seen Superego and CBB live and they both ruled

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Doughboys in Cleveland with Carl Tart was gud.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Cloks posted:

Doughboys in Cleveland with Carl Tart was gud.

spoil it for us: did mitch say anything had a "good taste to it"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
to guarantee a good time you have to go to live podcasts that have actual hosts with live show hosting experience. neither Mitch nor Wiger are hosts which is why their live recordings range from awesome to a little too loose/unfocused. people like Auckerman know how to make sure a crowd behaves and keep things relatively on rails even if their format is chaotic by design

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mitch had that live talk show where he had no idea who the guests or topics would be, that's totally hosting experience.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I've seen CBB twice, How Did This Get Made 3 times and Doughboys with Carl and Nangle once.

Probably the best live show was HDGTM, mostly because we all watched Howling 2 together and when it was time to talk about it, the atmosphere was electric and Mantzoukas was crazy.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Here's my live podcast experience: Every single time, there will be at least one drunk person in the audience who thinks that they are just seven or eight interjections away from being asked up to the stage and crowned the new co-host of the show

Mitch is on How Did This Get Played today and you know it opens up with an airing of grievances (congenially)

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The one show I'd love to see live is Off Book. They have a nice setup for video they just started with on the last episode.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

JethroMcB posted:

Every single time, there will be at least one drunk person in the audience who thinks that they are just seven or eight interjections away from being asked up to the stage and crowned the new co-host of the show

But enough about John Hodgman’s appearances on the show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hate when guests talk on podcasts

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

sexpig by night posted:

I hate when guests talk on podcasts

The perfect podcast is contemplative silence while driving to work.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Marsupial Ape posted:

The perfect podcast is contemplative silence while driving to work.

Ah yes, the Wiger special

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

If you put ketchup on your popcorn, you deserve decades of prison time. It's such a crime against humanity i'm not sure i can ever get over hearing it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Chris Gethard: I enjoy a wide variety of small batch sodas by artisans from all around the country

Michael Mitchell: Cherry Coke, Cherry Coke, Cherry Coke, Cherry Coke. Cherry Coke? Cherry Coke!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Wiger had good points about avoiding drinking soda regularly as a part of weight management. I used to have it with meals and when I cut that out it helped a lot. Not advocating a soda ban but treat it as a dessert.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Wiger had good points about avoiding drinking soda regularly as a part of weight management. I used to have it with meals and when I cut that out it helped a lot. Not advocating a soda ban but treat it as a dessert.
That and the other thing he often brings up about having insane amounts of ice cream daily as a kid are very relatable and horrifying in hindsight.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That and the other thing he often brings up about having insane amounts of ice cream daily as a kid are very relatable and horrifying in hindsight.

My favorite Wiger diet story is his breakfast of a cup of black coffee, king sized snickers bar, and Mountain Dew code red while in the game industry.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

not putting ice in a fountain drink is absolutely disgusting

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy

indigi posted:

not putting ice in a fountain drink is absolutely disgusting

I like ice in my drink but after reading how most fast food & chain places don't often clean the ice machine, or ever... yeah, look up pictures of it. Real gnarly.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Little mildew aint gonna kill you and if they aren't cleaning the ice machine the nozzles aren't going to be much better

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

those germs are frozen they can’t hurt me any more probably

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I just tap "no mildew" on the Coke Freestyle machine and it's been fine so far

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What do you think the dew in mountain dew is

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm practicing bds so I can't listen to this ep

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

UP AND ADAM posted:

I'm practicing bds so I can't listen to this ep

Listening to Doughboys seems more like m than anything.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
Slime in the Ice Machine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUqlbjxznZA

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

WEH posted:

Little mildew aint gonna kill you and if they aren't cleaning the ice machine the nozzles aren't going to be much better

There was a coffee chain in the UK and basically every single ice machine had poo poo in the ice.

And yeah I once had to help clear the syrup lines at a that had been closed for a few months and it was nightmarish.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ArtVandelay posted:

If you put ketchup on your popcorn, you deserve decades of prison time. It's such a crime against humanity i'm not sure i can ever get over hearing it.

Pastry of the Year posted:

look what ♫ iiiiiiiiii've gotttttttttttt ♪

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

This is hosed up. I can't even look at you. This is so hosed up, dude.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Not putting ice because "it affects the flavor the food scientists intended" is so stupid. Serving soda cold makes it immensely more enjoyable and better tasting.

Also, Chris Get Hard

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

colder beverages are more difficult to taste beyond sweetness so yeah sodas definitely taste better cold

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Glass bottle soda is generally chilled. I do not pour a glass bottle of soda over ice.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Not putting ice because "it affects the flavor the food scientists intended" is so stupid. Serving soda cold makes it immensely more enjoyable and better tasting.

Also, Chris Get Hard

I've never heard the "food scientists account for the beverage being served in a 30% ice solution" theory but it makes far more sense than lukewarm soda being the ideal serving condition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I've never heard the "food scientists account for the beverage being served in a 30% ice solution" theory but it makes far more sense than lukewarm soda being the ideal serving condition

this doesn’t make sense because ice has vastly different cooling and melting properties based on its volume:surface area ratio. they might account for 30% of the beverage being a *specific type* of ice but that’s not something you should base your science on given all the different ices out there