Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

day 3 of giant gobs of bloody yellow mucus exiting my nose and lungs, but at least testing says it isn't covid

How unpleasant! I hope you kick them invaders' rear end (although I suppose they don't have asses, really) and feel better soon!

edit: I know it's a thing, which isn't supposed to be a thing, but this is a new page on my settings, so here you go, have some kittens

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

day 3 of giant gobs of bloody yellow mucus exiting my nose and lungs, but at least testing says it isn't covid

I sure hope youre following up with your doctor for further non-covid testing. You still dont want to gently caress around with pneumonia or strep throat.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Rappaport posted:

How unpleasant! I hope you kick them invaders' rear end (although I suppose they don't have asses, really) and feel better soon!

edit: I know it's a thing, which isn't supposed to be a thing, but this is a new page on my settings, so here you go, have some kittens

thank you for the kittens, my household just went from being a 1.5 dog household to a 2.5 dog household so these help balance that out nicely

Furnaceface posted:

I sure hope youre following up with your doctor for further non-covid testing. You still dont want to gently caress around with pneumonia or strep throat.

good advice, but my fever broke late yesterday so i think i'm overall on the mend and this is my body just clearing out the crap that built up everywhere

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

good advice, but my fever broke late yesterday so i think i'm overall on the mend and this is my body just clearing out the crap that built up everywhere

Make sure you take all the time you need to fully recover then. Your country seems bound and determined to wipe out every single living being trapped within your borders right now and I dont think you should be helping it achieve that goal by going back to work early.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
drat, i started playing the factorio demo while sitting at home being sick. i figured there was no one the game actually ended up being as compelling as people say, but god drat if it isn't just completely addictive

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

drat, i started playing the factorio demo while sitting at home being sick. i figured there was no one the game actually ended up being as compelling as people say, but god drat if it isn't just completely addictive

if you haven't bought factorio yet, you might wanna check out other similar games like Dyson Sphere Program or shapez.io first

factorio's main dev had a big Reddit meltdown ranting about CANCEL CULTURE last month

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
oh drat, i already bought it, well hopefully at least some of the people seeing money from my purchase won't be trash

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The smoke from the forest fires on the west coast have reach my city in central Ontario. I do not like this one bit, its making my asthma flare up to the point I had to get some inhalers for the first time in like 10 years. I cant even imagine how much worse it is the closer you get to the fires.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Furnaceface posted:

The smoke from the forest fires on the west coast have reach my city in central Ontario. I do not like this one bit, its making my asthma flare up to the point I had to get some inhalers for the first time in like 10 years. I cant even imagine how much worse it is the closer you get to the fires.

N95 mask will help

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
yeah, my parents have started buying n95 masks seasonally. i worry about the strain it takes to breath through one, but it probably out weighs constant asthma attacks

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i wake up from a drunken sleep and open my eyes to see the gaping maw of hell

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
oh gently caress, the state wants to interview me for the position i applied for last month

and it's more important than ever that i get this job, as the company owner just announced she's probably moving to washington in the next few months and while be directing the company remotely going forward, which sounds like a recipe for disaster. and i'm spooling up some $500,000 projects which i may be abandoning just as they go to mobilization, so my colleagues would get the pleasure of a deep dive on plans and specifications right when they need to be ordering materials

gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, i'm freaking out about so many different things at once right now.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

try not to die, that's my main tip

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
that's a tall order

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

not in the short term

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i may be typing this post as i dangle precipitously by one hand off of a cliff face, you don't know

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i may be typing this post as i dangle precipitously by one hand off of a cliff face, you don't know

ah the famous us mobile internet reception in the wilderness

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Its like when Anthony Mackie gets thrown off a cliff while unconscious in Altered Carbon and his body automatically clings to poo poo. But with posting

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

ah the famous us mobile internet reception in the wilderness

maybe it's a satellite phone mister smarty pants. not all of us can live in a country comprised of one city

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
mazel tov and wishing you all the best health gojm, i will pray for you

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

maybe it's a satellite phone mister smarty pants. not all of us can live in a country comprised of one city

satellite phone with sa app. also our mobile internet works in forests at russian border plenty fine :colbert:

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

guess who came through his dental surgery with flying colours!

he feels much better now

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

perepelki posted:

he feels much better now

Do you have a picture of dog+birbs together

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

no hay camino posted:

Do you have a picture of dog+birbs together
unfortunately not, vanya doesn't allow himself to approach the birds in case his inner jackal takes control. the birds approach him, and do ridiculous things like jumping on his back and trying to fly into his mouth, but i never have my phone with me when it happens :(

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

perepelki posted:

he feels much better now

what an exemplar of courage!

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
someone's quitting and i get to take on a bunch of their responsibilities, and as compensation i get a 2.75% raise. i don't know if that even covers the cost of living increase since my last raise about 16 months ago. i'm praying to whoever is listening that i get this state job

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

someone's quitting and i get to take on a bunch of their responsibilities, and as compensation i get a 2.75% raise. i don't know if that even covers the cost of living increase since my last raise about 16 months ago. i'm praying to whoever is listening that i get this state job
amen

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
I'm just socially stupid so I'm going to argue a point that can probably be said in much fewer words:

The boring force to demonstrate themselves as interesting. Some belittle themselves and those who show interest, seeking to appear humble while paradoxically demanding attention. Others obnoxiously and insistently demand it (closet vs overt narcissism). Both will belittle others to keep attention on themselves and clash with the vibe of those around them.

The interesting attract interest to themselves by definition even when quiet, and they do not belittle those who show interest nor those who currently hold the focus of attention, following with the vibe of those around them. If they can't follow the vibe, they are never afraid of just going away and doing something else.

The boring want others to find that interesting which they do not, even being unable to recontextualize an idea to fit someone else's desires. They're like a dancer trying to dance to their own rhythm and annoyed others won't follow. The interesting dance to their own rhythm as well, changing their moves every so often, but only dance with those who care to follow along and maybe just dance by themselves.

Okay I've said enough yeah.

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Aug 9, 2021

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Does this sound like Russian or Hebrew spoken from an alternative universe?

https://youtu.be/LYh0enUh47g

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

perepelki posted:

he feels much better now

:yayclod:

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

🎶

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
well i didn't projectile vomit during the interview, so i'm tentatively saying it went ok

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

well i didn't projectile vomit during the interview, so i'm tentatively saying it went ok
:neckbeard: really stoked for you, i hope it works out!

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

happy saigon day, pardners

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
so the prospective employer is actually following up with my references. that can't be a bad sign

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

so the prospective employer is actually following up with my references. that can't be a bad sign

:yayclod:

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

!!

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

since getting his bad teeth out and his thyroid attended to, vanya has had a rejuvenation and is now committed to building his empire. his territory has extended past our backyard to encompass most of the block, not including a segment up near the road that is owned by jelly the maltese terrier, with whom he enjoys a distant but comfortable alliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

there's a fox that lives somewhere down on the river and uses our block as a thoroughfare, with whom vanya maintains extensive and complex pee-based diplomatic communications. they've never met but i think they are well acquainted with each other's diet and habits.