Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Eiba posted:

I'm newish to Fallout 76, still exploring things and treating it like a single player game at level 70, but what's the point of different power armors? It seems like some are just better than others. Why not just use the better ones? It's kind of unfortunate if you get a sweet skin for just an objectively useless power armor set.

Like, I got the crafting recipe for a sweet looking mining power armor from a quest, and I see it's got some cool bonus abilities if you have the full set, even though its armor value is barely better than my non-power combat armor. Do other power armor sets have hidden bonuses like that?

Speaking of non-power armor, is there a point to armor that isn't "heavy"? I read lighter armors improve stealth, but the heaviest armor I've got lets me sneak around just fine, without any stealth perks or anything, just a bunch of points in agility.

So I started running a PA build when I made my character a week ago and I had to do some research. The conclusion I reached is that there's differences just not huge ones for most of them.

Technically at level 50 it's supposed to go that T-51b has higher physical/energy resist than T-60 while T-60 has way better radiation resist and is cheaper to repair, Ultracite has the best ballistic defense of the base game original power armors, while X-01 has the highest energy defense. Excavator mainly exists for mining and huge carry weight and should not really be brought into a heavy combat situation. Raider and T-45 are the only armors I'd call actually bad at higher levels in comparison to your other options.

Then you have the T-65 (added in Wastelanders) which is just better than everything because you actually have to grind for it, and the Hellcat (added just this patch) which is in a weird place of its own because on paper its stats are bad but its additional passive effect gives it ballistic defense on par with the T-65 and you get it just from completing a questline - though the mod plans require grinding on par with getting the T-65.

In practice though as long as it's level 50 I don't think there's a massive power gap between the PAs. Ballistic damage modifiers of a few points aren't a huge deal especially since PA has an unlisted inherent ballistic defense on top of that. Energy resistance basically doesn't matter if you're running Electric Absorption (which if you're using PA you might as well), and Radiation Resistance is the biggest "who cares" stat in the game. What really matters is what you can get mods for.

e: though granted that could be a lie I'm telling myself because I don't want to use the T-65 I think it's loving hideous

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Roman posted:

"dolphin power armor"

Do you mean "Space Marine Mammal"?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

So I started running a PA build when I made my character a week ago and I had to do some research. The conclusion I reached is that there's differences just not huge ones for most of them.

Technically at level 50 it's supposed to go that T-51b has higher physical/energy resist than T-60 while T-60 has way better radiation resist and is cheaper to repair, Ultracite has the best ballistic defense of the base game original power armors, while X-01 has the highest energy defense. Excavator mainly exists for mining and huge carry weight and should not really be brought into a heavy combat situation. Raider and T-45 are the only armors I'd call actually bad at higher levels in comparison to your other options.

Then you have the T-65 (added in Wastelanders) which is just better than everything because you actually have to grind for it, and the Hellcat (added just this patch) which is in a weird place of its own because on paper its stats are bad but its additional passive effect gives it ballistic defense on par with the T-65 and you get it just from completing a questline - though the mod plans require grinding on par with getting the T-65.

In practice though as long as it's level 50 I don't think there's a massive power gap between the PAs. Ballistic damage modifiers of a few points aren't a huge deal especially since PA has an unlisted inherent ballistic defense on top of that. Energy resistance basically doesn't matter if you're running Electric Absorption (which if you're using PA you might as well), and Radiation Resistance is the biggest "who cares" stat in the game. What really matters is what you can get mods for.

e: though granted that could be a lie I'm telling myself because I don't want to use the T-65 I think it's loving hideous

Don't the higher end PAs cost more to craft and repair as well?

Edit: Also the devs need to fix the connection issues, whatever the cause. My game was almost unplayable this evening. I was finishing up the BoS questline and conversations took forever as a character would say something, nothing would happen, and then 10 to 20 seconds later the dialogue box would pop up.

MH Knights fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 19, 2021

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MH Knights posted:

Don't the higher end PAs cost more to craft and repair as well?

Most of them yeah though the X-01's even cheaper to repair than the T-60. The Ultracite on the other requires like 50% more than what those two do as well as Ultracite to repair. The wiki doesn't list repair costs for the T-65 or Hellcat.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Thanks for the breakdown! I noticed how obsolete the Raider and T-45 were already, so I thought that trend might continue. Good to know it's just them and I can actually get attached to whatever I get at this point. I hadn't considered expense of repair. I randomly got a legendary Ultracite torso and so far it hasn't needed repairs, and its stats are just objectively better than everything, but I checked and... yeah, that's going to be a pain for me to expend ultracite maintain it at this level.

It's a pity 'cause I think raider armor looks really cool, but there's no conceivable reason to actually use it that I can see.

I'm actually still at the point where I don't want to make a power armor build. I'm still just messing around and exploring, but the frame only ways 10 pounds so I figured it would be worth keeping a nice set around for when I stumble on a super mutant nest or something. I took the perk that makes energy weapon ammo 90% lighter for other reasons, but as a side effect it makes it easier to keep spare power cores in my pockets rather than my stash. Since I've got them I might as well use them every now and then, but I'm mainly sneak-sniping with a silenced gauss rifle I was lucky enough to find.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I don't think I've ever repaired my ultracite armour. It just didn't seem to degrade.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I wouldn't worry too much about repair cost.

Scorched Earth, Encryptid and Project Paradise all have a chance to drop Improved Repair Kits upon successful completion. For Encryptid and PP you just have to win the event, for Scorched Earth you need to deal enough damage to the Queen to count as a winner, get rewards for the quest and be eligible to loot her corpse. 1500 damage or so. The mobs don't count, it has to be damage to the Queen.

Note that you can loot her if one of your teammates did enough damage but you will only get the Repair Kits, Flux, a random 3*, T-Notes and Legendary Cores if YOU did enough damage.

I've not used the workbenches for repairing anything since the patch that introduced them dropped and that was over 2 years ago.

Plus, PA has insane durability. I honestly don't remember when I last had to use a repair kit for any of my PA pieces. Granted, I only use T-65 or Strangler Heart but I don't think that T-60 and X-01 break significantly faster.

Any of the gold bullion or Daily OP armors have very high durability as well so if you decide to go with a non heavy build, Secret Service or BoS armor aren't breaking constantly.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Sometimes after I use a bench for crafting or scrapping, I get stuck looking at a 3rd-person view of my character, unable to move. I have fixed it by fast-traveling, but is there an easier way?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Devor posted:

Sometimes after I use a bench for crafting or scrapping, I get stuck looking at a 3rd-person view of my character, unable to move. I have fixed it by fast-traveling, but is there an easier way?

That or relogging.

I've never had this happen but it's been introduced with the last patch. Or re-introduced, it comes back after being fixed like clockwork.

Make sure that your workbenches aren't all crammed close together, not enough room to play the exit animation might be what's causing this.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Devor posted:

If you're using a bench at your base, placing a chair within range will allow you to sit in the chair if you get stuck, and then you can stand up from the chair like normal.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Haha, good old Fallout 76 :allears:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If I get stuck at a bench I just fast travel somewhere. Easiest way out of that.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
The new worlds look cool, but idk about implementation.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/1CaYL1x4wgGui3mKFKGLxZ/announcing-fallout-worlds

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Anything that adds more value to Fallout 1st is a good thing.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Basically: "Create content for us!"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nice, I will definitely try a private world again with my wife now that we can brute force the stupid poo poo

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Counterpoint, this all seems weird and bad.

They'll have to strictly quarantine the new Public Worlds & Custom Worlds from the regular Adventure Mode, and that will involve players either creating brand new characters for the new servers, or a 1-way import of existing Adventure characters. Maybe they'll treat the Public Worlds like the PTS, where they give all players new characters at High Level with loads of gear/currency, so it won't force players through the early game grind again. But even if that's the case, I'm not sure how much different they could make the worlds to entice players to play on it. The options they show in the preview like "Free Crafting" and "Infinite Ammo" would trivialize the game to the point of insignificance. Considering that a big complaint from the community is a lack of End Game, it's weird to focus on creating a server that could further remove any in-game incentive for logging in (but it's also understandable that they realize the loot grind in the game is so bad that players wouldn't want to give up on their progress).

The new Public/Custom Servers also don't seem to support things like the SCORE system or challenges, so you'll be unable to get any seasonal loot or atoms while on those servers. This is a weird decision because those 2 things seem like the main driver for a lot of the remaining player community. Players will have to decide whether to abandon their Adventure characters and the incentives from that mode or to start dividing their playtime between different characters on different servers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Public Worlds are intended to be temporary, just like the PTS, so that when they decide to introduce a new version of Public Worlds with different settings, the existing Public World servers (and presumably character progress) will get wiped. It kind of seems like they're shifting a version of the PTS into the main game client, just without any new assets in it so that players don't need to download another entire copy of the game files to play on it.

So these all seem like some questionable design decisions even before we see more details about it's implementation on the PTS. It really feels like the kind of move that happens before they stop active development for the game. The game will never transition to Free to Play or a Single Player title, they'll just leave it like this; a revenue stream from people with Fallout 1st subscriptions they'll never cancel because they want to always have access to their finally-finished Single Player version of Fallout 76.

Edit: I just noticed their mention of "Survival Mode" in the write-up, so I wouldn't be surprised if they incorporate the failed game modes into the Public Server (e.g. Nuclear Winter, Survival Mode, PvP-focused Servers, that 'Raid' they introduced and then deleted, etc.). It really seems like an opportunity to dump all existing assets into the game client (even the stuff people didn't like or didn't work properly) before moving on to other stuff.

I also expect their to be player pushback in response to Bethesda announcing this and releasing it on the PTS when the current game cliant is still having significant server issues related to dupers/hackers/exploits/etc. The idea of relaxing Server Rules in any way while the current game is hamstrung by lag/disconnects comes off as tone deaf.

Roman posted:

Anything that adds more value to Fallout 1st is a good thing.
Unironically, Todd Howard is probably saying this exact same thing but with a very different meaning behind it.

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 20, 2021

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

MH Knights posted:

I mean that's how the game was launched, and it's how alot of survival games are... Having the user base create content in the form of factions and player to player interactions was how one of the ways they described the game at launch so maybe now that they've expanded content with questlines they want to get back to enabling more of the "survival" elements of 76 by giving players the controls to do so (locked behind a paid subscription lol)? Maybe the custom worlds will eventually offer a way of creating a world where you have factions by creating teams larger than 4 people, and they can have overlapping camps so they can all build in the same area? Or maybe a survival world style world where pvp is just fully open?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

MH Knights posted:

Par of the course for 3D Fallout.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

There is no way this leads to mod support or the kind of user-created content like past Bethesda games have had.

This is just going to be allowing users to modify a relatively short, heavily-curated list of internal variables. And since Bethesda is responsible for implementing it, there is likely to still be a disconnect, such as what they mean when a user sets the server's CAMP budget to "Very High" instead of "Normal" or whether this affects CAMPs in the open world version of the game or just the underground shelters.

Edit:
More info from a PTS Notes post: https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/4xf2LnnG0xvGuj1z3ERynX/fallout-76-fallout-worlds-pts-features-and-update-log

quote:

Public Worlds
The new Public Worlds mode will help you shake up your normal gameplay by offering special worlds that have a pre-selected group of Fallout Worlds settings enabled, fit to a theme. All players can join Public Worlds to dive into an Appalachia that’s wildly different from Adventure Mode. One Public World will be available to players at a time. Public World themes will rotate weekly in the PTS, and monthly in the live version of the game, so that you regularly have fresh experiences to try out.

Here are some of the Public World themes you can expect to see in the Test Server:
Happy Builder: No C.A.M.P. placement restrictions, relaxed building restrictions, all Map locations discovered, and PvP has been disabled.
Dweller Must Die: Reduced damage dealt by players, increased damage received, greatly increased enemy difficulty, and “Dark Bog” weather effects.
Butcher’s Delight: Infinite ammo, no AP costs from combat, and enhanced dismemberment.
Quantum World: Max jump height, no fall damage, nuked creatures and flora, and “Quantum Storm” weather.
High Risk: No Fast Travel, always-on PVP, and players drop additional loot on death.

Custom Worlds
Players with active Fallout 1st memberships can now choose the Custom Worlds option from the Play menu to create a new type of Private World where they can tweak and adjust a wide variety of different settings to create an Appalachia that’s tailored to their liking. To create a Custom World, click “Play” from the Main Menu, select Custom World, and then hit “Select World Template”

While creating your Custom World, you can choose among a broad array of customization settings and then let your imagination run wild with the possibilities! Here are some of the options at your disposal:
Workshop: Build in previously restricted areas, disable the need for electricity, increase your C.A.M.P. budget and build height, relax building restrictions, disable item collision, and more.
Combat: Infinite enemy spawns, alter PvP rules, adjust enemy difficulty, give yourself infinite ammo, change item durability, and more.
General: Disable Fast Travel or make it free. Choose special weather effects, including Radstorms and Nuke Zones, as well as new weather effects, like Quantum Storm and Dark Bog. Add filters for a unique view of Appalachia, adjust jump height, fall damage, or even the consequences on death.

Please note: Some Custom World settings may impact your game client’s performance. However, you are still free to use them, and can always enable or disable them again as needed.

Currently, you can save a Custom World you’ve created in one of three available slots, and you can select one of them to set it as your active Custom World. You can edit your Custom Worlds after you’ve finished creating them, so even if you’ve filled all three Custom World slots, you can still change them up as needed. If you are not currently an active Fallout 1st member, don’t worry. You can still join your friends who are Fallout 1st members in the Custom Worlds that they’ve set up while they are online.

Character Progression
The progress each of your characters make in Public or Custom Worlds is specific to those worlds, and is completely separate from Adventure Mode. You can clone your Adventure Mode character for use in a Public or Custom World at any time, and you can have up to 5 Fallout World characters at a time. Your character progress in a Public World will remain available as long as that Public World is still available for play.

It confirms most of what I expected, where the Public Server will rotate monthly (wiping everything when it resets) and supports transferring your Adventure character over to it. The server settings will be generic archetypes like "Survival Mode," "Build Mode," and "PvP Mode" (although without bringing back old content like Nuclear Winter or the raid).

I don't see the long-term appeal to the Custom Worlds, because without them being permanent I don't think players will get invested in creating huge CAMPs or perfecting their hardcore survival builds. You can make a copy of your Adventure character, mess around with it for a few hours on the wacky server, and then be done with it until next month's.

The PTS update also makes some changes to Daily Ops with some new locations and Double Mutation combinations.

Edit 2: I think the Custom Worlds idea needs some kind of advanced character customization option for it to make sense. Instead of the only option being between transferring from Adventure or creating a new Level 1, you should just get a Level 50 character with every CAMP item unlocked for the CAMP Mode month, or everybody should be forced to start as Level 1's without any of the main questlines being available to them for the Hardcore Survival month. They should use the mode to allow players to experience very different builds and gameplay styles without any buildup or grinding to be optimally kitted out for that month.

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 21, 2021

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
This whole new private/custom world thing gives me extreme "permanent PTS" vibes. The only reason I would ever consider even using any of that would be to test out different builds as my main would not be affected.

Eh, we'll see what happens.

I'm way more interested in the new DOs.

From the PTS patch notes https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/4xf2LnnG0xvGuj1z3ERynX/fallout-76-fallout-worlds-pts-features-and-update-log

quote:

Daily Ops Expansion

Our latest expansion for Daily Ops brings a new weekend event that amps up the challenge, but offers increased rewards. Read on for a brief overview of everything this expansion adds to Daily Ops before you jump into playtesting in the PTS.

Double Mutation Weekend Events

During Double Mutation events, Daily Ops will be randomized each day with enemies who have one of eight unique combinations of two different Mutations.

Double Mutation Weekend events will typically run every other weekend, from Thursday to Monday, starting and ending at the normal Daily Ops reset time.

In the PTS, Double Mutations are currently set to remain active for the duration of this playtesting phase.

While a Double Mutation event is active, daring adventurers who are willing to delve into Daily Ops will earn the following increased rewards:

2 - 6 Legendary Cores for the first and all subsequent Elder Tier completions

Double XP during every Daily Ops playthrough

Double the in-game currency rewards from every Daily Ops playthrough

Double the Danger!

Check out the full list of potential double Mutations that enemies can sport during the new weekend events, so that you know what you’ll be up against.

Blistering Cold: “Blistering” enemies have the Freezing Touch and Swift-Footed Mutations

Chilling Mend: “Chilling” enemies have the Freezing Touch and Group Regeneration Mutations

Clouded Toxins: “Clouded” enemies have the Active Camouflage and Toxic Blood Mutations

Relentless: “Relentless” enemies have the Resilient and Group Regeneration Mutations

Stinging Frost: “Stinging” enemies have the Freezing Touch and Toxic Blood Mutations

Swift Stalker: “Stalking” enemies have the Active Camouflage and Swift-Footed Mutations

Unstable: “Unstable” enemies have the Volatile and Swift-Footed Mutations

Vaporous: “Vaporous” enemies have the Volatile and Active Camouflage Mutations

New Enemies

We’ve added Communists to the pool of randomized enemy groups you may encounter in any Daily Ops mode.

New Locations

Fight your way through Arktos Pharma Biome Lab, Watoga High School, and Uncanny Caverns, all of which have been added to the randomized pool of locations for Daily Ops.

Rewards Updates

In this update for Daily Ops, we’re adding Plans for two legendary weapons, new themed cosmetics, and more. Check out the full list below for new rewards you’ll be able to earn by completing Daily Ops:

Plan: Arctic Marine Armor

Plan: Mechanic’s Best Friend Pipe Wrench

Plan: Sole Survivor Lever Action Rifle

Outfit: Black Hazmat Suit

Plan: Mirelurk King Tube

Blood Eagle Skull Lord Outfit

Blood Eagle Skull Lord Helmet

Blood Eagle Auto-Grenade Launcher Paint

The double mutations sound like fun and the new locations have great potential although Arktos Pharma and the Uncanny Caverns are pretty big.

The double rewards thing is kind of half assed, why would we need even more Cores when the real problem is a severe lack of modules?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Saw this video:

https://twitter.com/mnews_world/status/1417415836038574086

Clip one: NUKE TOUCHDOWN IN: 00

Clip two: very 'Oops I walked into a Nuke zone, better backtrack a bit' :prepop:

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
The Red Rocket collectron is incredibly goofy and I love it.

:allears:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Thought I'd craft up the limbs for my SS armor before I buy the Jetpack cheap from Minerva next week

First roll - Oh hey that'll come in really handy if I want to try Bloodie-

reads third star effect

lol I'm glad I'm not a hardcore endgamer rolling and rerolling for Unyielding armor or I'd have some swears to say :o:

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I have a feeling that this modifier is the new Nocturnal.
It has no right to exist at all, given that we have the "What Rads?" Legendary Perk, and that it's even possible to be rolled in combo with Unyielding is downright insulting.

Andenno
May 1, 2009

These videos are really cool but I also want to yell at the photographers, "Do not stop and stare at mushroom clouds!" If you see a mushroom cloud, you should assume it is not safe to touch/taste/hear/smell/see.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Sensenmann posted:

I have a feeling that this modifier is the new Nocturnal.
It has no right to exist at all, given that we have the "What Rads?" Legendary Perk, and that it's even possible to be rolled in combo with Unyielding is downright insulting.

That's why I run Healing Hands to help those silly bloodied builds take their first step on the road to something better.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Taerkar posted:

That's why I run Healing Hands to help those silly bloodied builds take their first step on the road to something better.

Bloodied builds who die often are poo poo builds. :colbert:

But yeah, Healing Hands was good for a laugh or two in the early days but most people have since learned that Toxic Goo exists.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I'd say about 1 of 3 pubbies I see running bloodied builds in DOs die at least once. More than once if it's got the poisonous mutator.

Moreso with the new Decrypted DO thanks to the Armor Piercing enemies.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Yeah, that's true. It's mostly the min/maxers, though. They still play this game as if One Wasteland never happened...

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm going to be a contrarian shithead for a minute, but this game is easy enough once you get to the endgame that focusing on builds seems.... redundant? Silly? Min/max-ing for sure.

I mean, I guess I built my main guy as a two-handed melee/shotgunner but I never put any thought into it beyond picking the best available card every time I leveled up and it worked out great.

e: I guess some people really get off on that aspect of games and I shouldn't judge. I just don't get it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Once I got a decent bunk of PA perks with Stabilized and a Final Word and found out fusion cores are loving everywhere I never really bothered fleshing out a Bloodied build or whatever. I tried other heavy guns but they all have spin up times and expensive ammo but the Final Word doesn't have those issues and works just fine for everything. Even just an Excavator set gets me through most things without issue.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Final Word comes with a near-perfect set of traits (Resilient isn't terribly useful but as a minor trait it's pretty w/e)

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

At the risk.of being spoiler-ly is there any reason to like Knight Shin?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Manwithastick posted:

At the risk.of being spoiler-ly is there any reason to like Knight Shin?

Yes, but it won't be obvious for large parts of the brotherhood story. He's kind of a dick

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Not really?

I never really like Shin, and there are a few paths to dealing with that at the end. Just push through the story for the achievement if you have a hardon against the brotherhood because of Shin, also all the other poo poo it unlocks.

I kinda wish that little bitch gets back to the west coast and starts a new questline later for an eventual brotherhood civil war, but then you wouldn't get the joy of killing him with no reprocussions.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 25, 2021

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Another Bill posted:

e: I guess some people really get off on that aspect of games and I shouldn't judge. I just don't get it.

You can judge. Some people play the game for different things. I just like putting out as much damage as possible. I find it entertaining to put together builds for specific weapons and maxing damage.
I usually stick with Bloodied/Unyielding because it still has the best damage and also a huge boost to Int because of unyielding so i level quicker. That last part is important to me because i dont have a ton of time to play and i like to get my daily level up done fast.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Minerva is at Fort Atlas until wednesday.

Plan: Ammo Converter
Plan: Chinese stealth armor
Plan: Chinese stealth helmet
Plan: Gauntlet
Plan: Secret Service jet pack armor
Plan: Secret Service pocketed armor limb
Plan: Secret Service pocketed armor torso
Plan: T-65 medic pump
Plan: T-65 overdrive servos
Plan: T-65 Stealth Boy
Plan: War glaive cryo blade
Plan: War glaive plasma blade

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

ZombieCrew posted:

You can judge. Some people play the game for different things. I just like putting out as much damage as possible. I find it entertaining to put together builds for specific weapons and maxing damage.
I usually stick with Bloodied/Unyielding because it still has the best damage and also a huge boost to Int because of unyielding so i level quicker. That last part is important to me because i dont have a ton of time to play and i like to get my daily level up done fast.

Same, although my current goto weapon is a Quad Crit Fixer downsized to .38

With crits every other shot it's an absolute beast and might even outperform my "normal" Q FFR FR Fixer, haven't really tested it yet because I'm loving killing Earle and the Queen with .38s :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I enjoyed running with a fully upgraded Gatling gun awhile back, but it was only a Hunters legendary so it didn't have a lot of time to shine (though the 'Irrational Fear' quest kicks off just up the hill from my camp, so it got an airing there a few times) and got put on a shelf when I got my 2shot explosive RR.

I just captured Mad Dog (again) and he dropped me a two star Aristocrat's / +25% DMG aimed base Gatling, so I went home and modded it up with all mod cons, put on my [HVY WEP] build and took it out for a test drive - wow, a load of fun. I'm sitting on about 35k caps which tops out the bonus damage at +50%, and once you get it on target and start cranking it shows. With how frugal a GG is on ammo I'm tempted to Prime it, I'll only have to craft 5mm Ultracite once in a blue moon.

I don't usually use the third-person mode but for aiming the Gatling I find it's a must - it's a shame the down-the-sights aiming is so bad in 1st person.