Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Joker 3: 3 Jokers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jok3rs

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
3Jokers:3Jurious

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
In 10 years it’ll be an animated film along w like, death of the family. It’ll end with a trailer for the Doomsday Clock film

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr. Maltose posted:

Queer art is rarely fully appreciated in its own time, this is true.

I was going to say, the only revisionist reading that Batman and Robin is actually good is a Gay one.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ilikedirt posted:

Joker 3: 3 Jokers
3 Circular Jokers

This is a very obscure reference that no one is going to get unless they watch Trashfuture's twitch stream

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Arist posted:

You'll regret your words and deeds when they finally adapt the Three Jokers story

if Heath Ledger were still alive, you absolutely know it would already have been in the plans to have him, Joaquin Phoenix, and Jared Leto in a Batman movie together. Especially now with the rumors for the next Spider-Man movie and WB loving to piggyback off what Marvel does.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1419383414197739523

"The character is now being phased out on the show as a Constantine reboot from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot and Warner Bros. TV is in the works for HBO Max with a darker tone and a new take on John Constantine, likely as a character of color."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is Dr. Gwyn Davies a comic character?

Disney should just hire Matt Ryan to play Pete Wisdom in whatever X-Men thing they do.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

somehow i think disney can get by without adapting Pete Wisdom

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alaois posted:

somehow i think disney can get by without adapting Pete Wisdom

I liked him in that MI-13 comic where Captain Britain fought Dracula. It'd just be funny if Matt Ryan played a Constantine knockoff.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the cool thing about it is that legends has already had the same actor play a new character, so we're primed to just roll with it. good to see irl gideon coming back too

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

the cool thing about it is that legends has already had the same actor play a new character, so we're primed to just roll with it. good to see irl gideon coming back too

I mean, how many times has The Flash recast Tom Cavanaugh as a different alternate reality version?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh yeah, i don't watch flash so i forgot that was a thing

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

lomzus posted:

"The character is now being phased out on the show as a Constantine reboot from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot and Warner Bros. TV is in the works for HBO Max with a darker tone and a new take on John Constantine, likely as a character of color."

Well I don't like Constantine's leaving due to another classic case of a company thinking us poor mortals can't wrap our minds around two instances of a character being on different shows, but I'm glad Ryan will be sticking around.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Jamesman posted:

if Heath Ledger were still alive, you absolutely know it would already have been in the plans to have him, Joaquin Phoenix, and Jared Leto in a Batman movie together. Especially now with the rumors for the next Spider-Man movie and WB loving to piggyback off what Marvel does.

If he were still alive, im sure him hearing this proposal would make him want to quickly reevaluate his decision to continue doing so

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

lomzus posted:

I hope it's Jason Blood. But who should play Etrigan? I mean Terry Crews but they can't afford him.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

lomzus posted:

It sucks that they didn't just lateral move Ryan. He has been perfect with this version. Maybe they didn't think he could do a harder version.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I like how Legends can just casually do this, like how last year Nora's actor also played Marie Antoinette and nobody noticed outside of Ray briefly saying "haha cool you look like my girlfriend."

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
DC has some potential for their live-action shows but they need to get them all the hell away from the CW unless they're just making tons of money for minimal effort. Doom Patrol was very good, and iZombie's first couple seasons were so much better than they ever had a right to be but oof. Every time I walk past my parents watching a DC show it looks worse than Power Rangers does.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

lomzus posted:

Too bad Willoughby Kipling is already in use

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
he is no longer john constantine, instead he is jon constantine from earth-whatever...a medically and legally distinct person from john constantine

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Argue posted:

I like how Legends can just casually do this, like how last year Nora's actor also played Marie Antoinette and nobody noticed outside of Ray briefly saying "haha cool you look like my girlfriend."

That show has serious "theater kids playing around in the prop closet" energy. It's wonderful.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just saw a commercial for Y:The Last Man, I didn't realize they'd actually made it that far this time!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I still don’t believe it

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Retro Futurist posted:

Just saw a commercial for Y:The Last Man, I didn't realize they'd actually made it that far this time!

There's an actual trailer for it now?!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

More of a teaser than anything but it's a month and a half from actually existing! Next thing you know Sandman will actually get made

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Weird timing to finally get a Y: the Last Man show.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
looks like Ms. Marvel has been delayed into 2022. Sigh

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1420761030704173056

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Both of them being in 2021 was never going to happen. Hawkeye was the one further along in production too, so no surprise there.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ms Marvel will probably be January like WandaVision

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sad for Ms. Marvel but give me Kate ASAP

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Aphrodite posted:

Both of them being in 2021 was never going to happen. Hawkeye was the one further along in production too, so no surprise there.

well, the official line from Disney itself for many months has been that they were both coming this year, so I don’t think it was ridiculous to think that would happen. It’s not completely shocking, though, especially given that Loki was already delayed a month

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I guess that in the DC Super Hero Girls universe there is a reality tv show starring Bruce and Alfred where Bruce is a spoiled rich douchebag and Alfred has to put up with his bullshit and it's called Making it WAYNE and i absolutely need a full length season of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbWcrOhXHoU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Nothing in that amazing adorable video could have prepared me for the absolute face-slap of seeing that it was written by Tim Sheridan. Seriously? Sheridan? Of "this is the most gobbledygook Teen Titans run I've ever read and that's saying something" infamy? Man, you really never know with TV writers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Nothing in that amazing adorable video could have prepared me for the absolute face-slap of seeing that it was written by Tim Sheridan. Seriously? Sheridan? Of "this is the most gobbledygook Teen Titans run I've ever read and that's saying something" infamy? Man, you really never know with TV writers.

I'm not familiar with his run on Teen Titans, but isn't that one of the books that historically experiences the most editorial fuckery at DC?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

I'm not familiar with his run on Teen Titans, but isn't that one of the books that historically experiences the most editorial fuckery at DC?

Sean McKeever said he was basically only doing the script during his time on it, yeah.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Watched Stargirl on HBO Max. Solid 7.5 out of 10. The characters are stupid as hell but since they're kids it mostly works. And its all an excuse for well executed and expensive looking fight scenes. Add that to a focused and satisfactorily finished season long arc....you've got a good stew going.

Interested to see how they can possibly keep that up.

Random thoughts: there's an undercurrent of weirdness i havent seen with alot of other comic properties present due to the show's whole heartedly embracing its genre, talking about legacies, not even bothering to explain why someone is a zombie giant, everyone's origin story being chemists.

I'm not entirely sold on the main actress. Not the best actress, even for her age. For example Sarah Michelle Gellar seemed much more capable at around her age during the first S1 of Buffy. Or at least more nuanced.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I do like how Court actually looks athletic. 99% of the time they cast these rail thin young women who look like a stuff breeze would take them out in these roles.

I'm worried crossover events are done because she really should meet either the Legends or Supergirl. One for the complete opposite and the other for being the same person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I do like how Court actually looks athletic. 99% of the time they cast these rail thin young women who look like a stuff breeze would take them out in these roles.

I'm worried crossover events are done because she really should meet either the Legends or Supergirl. One for the complete opposite and the other for being the same person.

Well seeing as how Supergirl's over I doubt that will happen. I mean, maybe Benoist might agree to a cameo/guest appearance down the line but I doubt that'll happen for a while.