Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
how about "M4M for all who want it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I want to throw a shuriken directly into the lens of this camera, bisecting it clean out of someone's hands

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Brace Belden called out the NYT for normalizing child rape by pointing out that the women who took in the 13 year old trans girl subject of an article groomed her to be a child prostitute. This was immediately reinterpreted by all the dumbest "left wing" posters on twitter as being transphobic & anti-sex work.

gently caress i hate social media so much

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Look AOC has to retweet my m4a infographic or reply to one of dozens of DMs asking for feet pics, it's really that simple and I shant ask her for more

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

tokin opposition posted:

Joe Biden is a tankie

a greater compliment than he deserves, please do better

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
lol I legit wish Biden was half the leftist they make him out to be

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Biden administration is about to realize an even worse covid policy than the Trump admin's on the pure wishful thinking that the Delta variant isn''t real.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

lol I legit wish Biden was half the leftist they make him out to be

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Biden administration is about to realize an even worse covid policy than the Trump admin's on the pure wishful thinking that the Delta variant isn''t real.

and we won't even get free poo poo out of it. its bullshit lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Dead kids get no tears.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

Unless posted:

the time spent going to vote against trump and the gop made a huge difference in the social services and local government spheres

first time im hearing this

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Unless posted:

like, you’re gonna die solo, and no one wants to live in a world without sanitation, teachers, nurses, and distractions, so get interdependent and build a resilient, diverse, and healthy community to face the two main problems we’re all facing: climate change, and right-wing nationalism

that's why we need the dictatorship of the proletariat

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Between this and Tom Cotton's dumbass tweet I'm convinced 90% of White America thinks theres a Death Wish 3 happening right outside their door:v:

https://twitter.com/SohrabAhmari/status/1418735942689599494?s=20

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

Between this and Tom Cotton's dumbass tweet I'm convinced 90% of White America thinks theres a Death Wish 3 happening right outside their door:v:

They absolutely do and the right wing rage machine keeps em primed along with all the AUTHENTIC ANTIFA MANUALS saying we must kill all white babies and steal from the handsome small business owners. Just last year a mixed race family on a camping trip got chased out of town here in the PNW by moron fascists who said they were part of the ANTIFA crime caravans, and Joe Rogan told his 8 bazillion listeners that antifa was lighting forest fires.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Huge thanks to whoever linked the stavvy solves your problems audio feed, I'm listening to them at work and I think sincerely helpful stav might be my favourite guy in the podcast world

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The only good tendency is mine, anarcha-stalinism

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Somebody who is good with computers please clip the part in episode 72 Taming the Wild of E1 where Branson lists all the edible plants that grow wild in Chris Dorner National Park so I can post it places to convince people to listen to E1

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

just do the easier thing: have them listen to "Who Wants To Be Food?"

https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/e1-who-wants-to-be-food-68

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Jetto Jagga posted:

They absolutely do and the right wing rage machine keeps em primed along with all the AUTHENTIC ANTIFA MANUALS saying we must kill all white babies and steal from the handsome small business owners. Just last year a mixed race family on a camping trip got chased out of town here in the PNW by moron fascists who said they were part of the ANTIFA crime caravans, and Joe Rogan told his 8 bazillion listeners that antifa was lighting forest fires.

Lmao I forgot about that but that was loving wild. Forks is such a goddamned out of the way place too - last time I was through there they were still trying to cash in on twilight tourists lmao - just absolutely insane and nonsensical the whole goddamned thing was

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

and in his example there a ton of cops were right there and they all ran off after one car that hadn’t done anything other than run from the police so the cops were away from the shooters.

likewise a lot of the complaints about crime going up from businesses in Minneapolis are of the form “we need more cops! these people keep trying to steal and cops arrest them but they come right back”. sounds like there’s enough cops and your problem is with the court system.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

some plague rats posted:

Huge thanks to whoever linked the stavvy solves your problems audio feed, I'm listening to them at work and I think sincerely helpful stav might be my favourite guy in the podcast world
same, you should try to catch them live if you can. he's been doing them wednesday at around 1 or 2pm pst? (i still gotta finish the last hour of last week's though because i had to jump on a conference call and missed the guest) which unfortunately makes it a little awkward. i caught most every one live during the peak pandemic months and it was a lot of fun. recordings are still great of course but he'll also play and make fun of the chat

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

sounds like there’s enough cops and your problem is with the court system.

Wait are you in favor of more jails and prisons? This is a fun little dunk on their logic that I think has the potential to just get them going in a different bad direction

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Xaris posted:

same, you should try to catch them live if you can. he's been doing them wednesday at around 1 or 2pm pst? (i still gotta finish the last hour of last week's though because i had to jump on a conference call and missed the guest) which unfortunately makes it a little awkward. i caught most every one live during the peak pandemic months and it was a lot of fun. recordings are still great of course but he'll also play and make fun of the chat
he's doing it monthly now i thought?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Victory Position posted:

just do the easier thing: have them listen to "Who Wants To Be Food?"

https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/e1-who-wants-to-be-food-68

It's easier to get people to listen to a four minute clip than a full episode.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

It's such a weird time to do em, I can't watch em live ever cos that's like 7am in my timezone and I gotta be at work. Stavvy sort it out

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

some plague rats posted:

It's such a weird time to do em, I can't watch em live ever cos that's like 7am in my timezone and I gotta be at work. Stavvy sort it out

fair enough, i thought you were midwest or east coast but yeah it's an awkward timeslot now. but i get it, dude is extremely busy and i'm just glad he's doing them again

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Xaris posted:

fair enough, i thought you were midwest or east coast but yeah it's an awkward timeslot now. but i get it, dude is extremely busy and i'm just glad he's doing them again

yeah, thanks to kratom, he's more productive than ever!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

Yeah I live over by idiot prison island and don't get have nice things from the US but I honestly don't feel like I'm missing out just listening to the audio. The Adam episode is a classic, they have such a good dynamic when they get together

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/hello__caitlin/status/1419471219401756676

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

lmao

also hey, new trueanon dropped about half hour ago

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

crepeface posted:

yeah, thanks to kratom, he's more productive than ever!

Oh jeez. Hopefully he doesn't make the "kratom is an opioid" connection, because that's the start of a downward spiral (though I think that the particularly addictive kratom extracts - that were likely cut with something though we'll probably never know for sure - aren't on the market anymore, and "normal" kratom isn't that dangerous by itself). It can be fine if someone just obliviously takes it sparingly under the assumption it's not (though it's kind of baffling to me that people would be able to tolerate how gross it tastes without the whole "getting high" part).

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

people who say sunscreen is bullshit don't have the cursed redhead genes where you burn insanely easily. i swear ive gotten a sunburn from an intense dream before.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ytlaya posted:

Oh jeez. Hopefully he doesn't make the "kratom is an opioid" connection, because that's the start of a downward spiral (though I think that the particularly addictive kratom extracts - that were likely cut with something though we'll probably never know for sure - aren't on the market anymore, and "normal" kratom isn't that dangerous by itself). It can be fine if someone just obliviously takes it sparingly under the assumption it's not (though it's kind of baffling to me that people would be able to tolerate how gross it tastes without the whole "getting high" part).

lol sorry, i don't think he actually takes kratom, it's from the very half-arsed ad reads they do for super especioco.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Larry Parrish posted:

people who say sunscreen is bullshit don't have the cursed redhead genes where you burn insanely easily. i swear ive gotten a sunburn from an intense dream before.

i have some incredible pale friends and being outside for 15 minutes will give them a t-shirt burn. they've resigned themselves that they're going to get some kind of cancer whether it's from benzene in the sunscreen or UV from the eye of mordor that is the australian summer sun.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
If you want a palate cleanser from this weekends bad faith canceling of Brace, check out Matt Taibbi going to bat for the conservative quack covid cure ivermectin and then crying about censorship when called out.

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1419443520121806850?s=19

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Nothus posted:

If you want a palate cleanser from this weekends bad faith canceling of Brace, check out Matt Taibbi going to bat for the conservative quack covid cure ivermectin and then crying about censorship when called out.

gently caress Taibbi. What are they doing? There’s barely room for one Glenn and now he just sounds like an insane person.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Xaris posted:

lmao

also hey, new trueanon dropped about half hour ago

lol at coastal elites Liz and Brace not understanding why a bunch of dudes from Michigan called themselves Wolverine Watchmen

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Nothus posted:

you should post the other 100 tweets he made this weekend where he clearly states he doesn't "go to bat" for the ivermectin poo poo and that he is specifically interested in the censorship aspect

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

TheMightyBoops posted:

gently caress Taibbi. What are they doing? There’s barely room for one Glenn and now he just sounds like an insane person.

hocking snake oil has too much familiarity with most people as a vector of the traditional right, and nobody really wants to deal with that as it pertains to vaccination of all things. it's not as smooth a transition as a liberal walking arm in arm with white nationalists to stick it to the democrats; sticking your dick into the culture war only works until you start to shred it upon the meatgrinder that is the medical scam industry. taibbi getting directly involved with that traditional vector of the right breaks a lot of the illusions necessary to foster a reliable stable of gullible morons from the left and leaves you with no one to count on but the conmen themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the new yorker attempting to do a takedown/critique of chapo while boosting know your enemy

https://twitter.com/davidastinwalsh/status/1419625673119916033?s=21