Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I really wonder how spouses like Renee and Chelsea feel when they look at the person they love and see them looking like this.

https://twitter.com/ReneePaquette/status/1419151042625761283?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Dacap posted:

Ultimately, the stuff Mox does these days like barbed wire, tacks, etc. are all superficial wounds and way less dangerous than the unprotected headshots that Foley took constantly in the 90s. Cuts do way less long term damage than concussions even if they look worse.

The parts in Beyond the Mat of Foley’s family watching him was heartbreaking.

Matthew Justice is bringing back unprotected head shots.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Oil! posted:

Matthew Justice is bringing back unprotected head shots.

And this is the first i've heard of him and he is a dumbass.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Matthew Justice rules

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Local Hero Nick Gage got beaten by Big Timer / Toy Collector Zack Ryder, and the fans bombarded the ring with cups and garbage

you forgot to mention ECW Legend

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

https://twitter.com/Jayrod2009/status/1419367317729955840

Someone threw a pizza cutter at him so GCW can go gently caress themselves.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Stall_19 posted:

It was a giant foam pizza cutter covered in glitter.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

fans unleashed a fusillade of aluminum beer bottles and cans at Matt Cardona after he beat Nick Gage due to chicanery and won the GCW title and dave meltzer disapproved

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Local Hero Nick Gage got beaten by Big Timer / Toy Collector Zack Ryder, and the fans bombarded the ring with cups and garbage

Well that sounds great. Dunno what Dave's problem is but I never have.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

don't forget that Gage was pushing the WWE's Zach Ryder angle of the story hard in the lead up. This is from the periphery, but it looks like Cordona and Gage were both pushing in this direction really hard.

I don't have the stomach for full on deathmatch, but this looked like it really ruled.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Well that sounds great. Dunno what Dave's problem is but I never have.

His problem is wrestlers have been injured from stuff flying in from the crowd.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Stall_19 posted:

You got to watch out, someone could have thrown a bunch of sticks of dynamite tied to and old timey clock!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you got hit by a flying piece of plastic that doesn't feel like it weighs anything it would hurt and could gently caress you up pretty bad if any of its edges or curved bits hit a certain part of your head or face. the visual of things being thrown is cool but anybody who throws things into an occupied wrestling ring outside of an empty flimsy water bottle or styrofoam or streamers is a real big rear end in a top hat who poops in their pants and poops out of their mouth when talking and their words sound like big nasty farts. that's the whole tale, end of story

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1419147954649288705/photo/1

That's an unopened tallboy PBR, and would hurt like hell.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Matthew Justice rules

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Stall_19 posted:

Hahahahaha

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yo these animals were flinging poison-tipped kunai with deadly accuracy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Same audience only hours before. They're good people who became delirious because they saw a doll collecting Disney vlogger covered in their working class hero's blood.

https://twitter.com/TheQueenofNE/status/1419129281658097665

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I love that there are wrestling fans out there who don’t know what to do with themselves when an audience actually cares about the wrestling.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

luchadornado posted:

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1419147954649288705/photo/1

That's an unopened tallboy PBR, and would hurt like hell.

yeah, anybody who threw a full unopened can can go gently caress themselves. That can cause serious damage

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The_Rob posted:

I love that there are wrestling fans out there who don’t know what to do with themselves when an audience actually cares about the wrestling.

I don't care about this debate either way but it's weird how personally you take this stuff lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Duke Pukem posted:

yeah, anybody who threw a full unopened can can go gently caress themselves. That can cause serious damage

There’s no possible way they could have just screwed the cap back on.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That's not how cans work but go off

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Orange Carlisle posted:

I don't care about this debate either way but it's weird how personally you take this stuff lol

because it’s lame pearl clutching by people who don’t even watch the thing they’re mad about.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
stupid, but funny: some complete rando in an @ reply on twitter said that Eddie was "a B+ player" who only became a legend because he died young, and now Eddie has been trending all evening because thousands of people said "what the gently caress?" simultaneously lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i love clutching my pearls so much and any other stupid poo poo that people might say lol. it's really stupid to throw poo poo in the ring even if it looks cool. dave is king, zack ryder is prince.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The_Rob posted:

because it’s lame pearl clutching by people who don’t even watch the thing they’re mad about.

matt cordona and that promotion are gonna be ok without you getting hostile toward people here though I promise lol

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

None of these indie losers could take a briefcase to the head like the big dog

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I can't believe Mark Yeaton was throwing unopened beer cans to Austin what if it hit him in the head and killed him

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Someone who was at the show said that the ring crew slid the PBR can in, presumably for Matt to drink while celebrating given the PBR sponsorship.

Personally I think a fan brought in a tennis ball machine with laser sights and fired the can out of it to try and break Matt’s skull.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

GCW we're changing the fuckin game, none of this pussy fake poo poo and if you don't like it? we'll get really weird about it and go for your nuts. MDK

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I love wrestling. Nothing else like it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

GCW we're changing the fuckin game, none of this pussy fake poo poo and if you don't like it? we'll get really weird about it and go for your nuts. MDK

You should try posting with joy in your heart IMO

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yea ok posted:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like when slightly dangerous things happen in wrestling. It’s cool.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

You should try posting with joy in your heart IMO

weird

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I like when slightly dangerous things happen in wrestling. It’s cool.

i do too man it kicks rear end but the reaction to people being put off by it here was embarrassing lol.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

lots of bad posts here. have some social media

https://twitter.com/theleemoriarty/status/1419465437889417216

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i think the visual was cool but its not something you want to encourage imo because wrestling fans in general are dumb. if thats pearl clutching than whatever i dont care lol. gcw will do what they want, and so will i!~

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lol what a freak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the fans used slingshots on matt cardona not the dennis the menace kind the kind that david killed goliath with, every moment he was flirting with death