Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Nah even all that isn't grimdark. Honkai is an optimistic game full of cheery dispositioned people doing their best.

AND PAIMON VA RULES WHOOO ITS TOP OF PAGE HAS TO BE TRUE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Tae posted:

It should also be a main quest because otherwise yae miko makes Venti a hard worker by comparison, cause she just left a giant hole of malice right under her house

Considering that the historic records involving a ritual that is suppose to happen every 60 years are destroyed not because some evil villain is trying to plunge the land back into evil and darkness, but because of humidity and moths, all the shrine maidens could stand to work a bit harder.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm optimistic for the story of Genshin, as it seems to be heavily influenced by gnostic mysticism, whose central thesis is "the highest calling in life is to realize and overcome the great lies of division, hierarchy, and domination, eventually uniting with the great godhead that is the font of all connection, freedom, and creativity."

Weirdly enough, the expanded materials for HI3 have been leaning into the same direction. At one point in the manga Su straight up meets what's implied to be the personification of the higher godhead after dying. Said being offers to tell him why the Honkai (Essentially, the in setting equivalent of some types of Gnosticism's Christian demiurge.) is being such a murderous dick to humans.

It comes at a price however. Su has to beat the godhead at a game, as according to the being it's been a long time since anyone managed to ascend past the trappings of the material world as he had. So the being is a bit bored and more than a bit interested in seeing just what Su can do.

The stinger to all of this? Said game the entity conjures into existence is chess. Meaning that the same pieces on the board are the same ones we've seen that make up an Archon's gnosis. What this means no one knows, though it seems relevant.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 26, 2021

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I was trying spiral abyss floor 9 with Xinqui, Kazuha, and Bennett and I trigged Kazuha's burst inside Bennett's healing ring and then switched to Xinqui and popped his burst and everything just... died. Kazuha's pyro-infused burst with Xinqui up means triggering fresh vaporize reactions with every attack.

Took me 5 minutes on the first half so I still failed

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Just got back into the game since cross-save is a thing now along with the Traveler getting Electro. While I'm not a fan of the moneysink it is to get new characters, I'm having fun with my basic team comps with Qiqi as my Healing anchor. Wish there was a mechanism for unplayed characters to level up passively.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

hiddenriverninja posted:

Wish there was a mechanism for unplayed characters to level up passively.

I get where you're coming from, but at the same time I feel the need to point out that the EXP gain from every source besides EXP books is so negligible it might as well not exist at all. The "active" leveling of your played characters is entirely due to your own choices in EXP book allocation, with no relation to whether your party members are running around evaporating hilichurls or not.

Maybe they could add an EXP book expedition, but I think most people would use them like any other source of books instead of specially earmarking them for lesser-played characters.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
As a side note this Honkai Impact crossover event with Honkai is hilarious.

If Keqing played like this in Genshin she'd be a rampaging engine of mass destruction.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
What am I supposed to be doing with the wolf boss' spin AOE in the first phase? I've never been able to avoid damage without using a shield or spending half my stamina to sprint out. I've been wondering if it's some weird latency issue - I'm playing on the Asia server from Australia

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

bandaid.friend posted:

What am I supposed to be doing with the wolf boss' spin AOE in the first phase? I've never been able to avoid damage without using a shield or spending half my stamina to sprint out. I've been wondering if it's some weird latency issue - I'm playing on the Asia server from Australia

May be latency, the timing on dodging that is a little tricky. But certainly can be done. I find dashing into it works best, or Beidou Counter, but her cd and his attacks do not quite match up so still gotta dodge some.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So, I got done with the Ayaka and Yoimiya quests, went to do the next story mission and just didn't get either of the cutscenes for it after leaving Komore Teashouse. Did that happen to anyone else?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

bandaid.friend posted:

It feels like every spin attack like that can't really be dodged. On the wolf and the primo geovishap I've never dodged the spin attacks no matter how I time it so I just rely on Beidou or shields.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Aside from C6 Bennett, is there characters to keep an eye for before upgrading their constellations?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Finished the big questlines and I barely got to 40% exploration for the lvl 2 reputation. Barely have any idea where all the poo poo I'm missing is, since I feel like I did everything I saw along the way. Got all the domains unlocked, and did the big questlines for Chernobyl, the fox spirit, the nameless samurai, and the water dome things.

Also I only have the spear and catalyst recipe. Guess I'll just have to look up where some of the remaining quests are, at least I got enough done to open all the shrine of depths and unlock the mid tier lightning barriers.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Bakalakadaka posted:

It feels like every spin attack like that can't really be dodged. On the wolf and the primo geovishap I've never dodged the spin attacks no matter how I time it so I just rely on Beidou or shields.
Yeah it took ages for me to realize but any attack he does with the frosty ground tell is undodgeable, you just have to physically be out of the way of the attack to avoid getting hit. The various swipes and such he does can be dodged fine. Its super unintuitive.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Ultima66 posted:

Finished the big questlines and I barely got to 40% exploration for the lvl 2 reputation. Barely have any idea where all the poo poo I'm missing is, since I feel like I did everything I saw along the way. Got all the domains unlocked, and did the big questlines for Chernobyl, the fox spirit, the nameless samurai, and the water dome things.

Also I only have the spear and catalyst recipe. Guess I'll just have to look up where some of the remaining quests are, at least I got enough done to open all the shrine of depths and unlock the mid tier lightning barriers.

My three islands are mostly done going by the exploration percentages but the reputation NPC still puts my overall exploration at about 51%. I'm inferring from this that it's counting the remaining islands that aren't released yet; much like how you can't cap the statues or the divine sakura yet, you'll need to wait for more stuff to be added to finish all of that.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What level of the sakura blooms do I need to be, to pass through barriers? The Kondo village quest is right there to be beaten.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's a few quests that requires multiple days to complete.

Also there's at least one new quest in Liyue involving people in Inazuma.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

People disrespecting english Paimon are going to get some Paimonial wrath inflicted upon them

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

bandaid.friend posted:

I play on NA servers from AU and it's just wonky. Wolf's hitboxes in general are dumb but you just get used to it after nearly a year of fighting him every week. Get hit until you memorize the timing, as admittedly useless as that advice is.

TV Zombie posted:

What level of the sakura blooms do I need to be, to pass through barriers? The Kondo village quest is right there to be beaten.

Level 17 for most barriers that say you need a stronger electrophallus. There's one guarding a seelie in the bay north of Inazuma city that says you need a higher level, but you can scan the fox statues and it nukes the barriers. It caps at 20 and the second upgrade is past that so anything you can't get into after rank 17 is effectively locked until 2.1.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just skipped the last 700 or so posts because I didn't want to get any spoilers.

I'm convinced that when they're designing power sets, they take the ones that feel the worst and assign them to the traveler.

I'm sure the MC is ridiculously overpowered with a bunch of builds but nothing feels like crap to have them cry "lightning blade", see tiny electric balls fly out and a 13 second cooldown start.

I'm sure they're OP with constellations/talent levels, but they're just so unsatisfying.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Electro traveler was an intern project because it was free. It’s such garbage even paimon doesn’t care you get it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they are bad at charging themselves, good at charging others

though lacking C4/6 isn't helping

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Electro Traveler does no damage but he's a fantastic energy battery.

Unless you're talking purely on visuals in which case yeah it sucks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
MC's skill cooldown goes down when someone else picks up the battery packs. They're a good battery at c2.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

In other news I found this video where someone recreates the poses of character's promo art in-game. It's pretty neat to see how pretty much all the fancy gacha art is taken from actual animations and movesets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSOLi2obwSM

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I'm convinced that when they're designing power sets, they take the ones that feel the worst and assign them to the traveler.

The theory is that Traveler gets gimped versions of the archon skills. Before Inazuma, it was just 2 datapoints, but we're now 3 for 3.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Kale posted:

The English audio track seems weirdly uneven from what I've heard of it which is generally any time I look for a clip on the game on youtube. It's weird how this is still kind of a problem to this day with JRPG's where like some of them I have no problem playing in English like FFVII Remake (almost as good as an English dub can possibly be for a video game IMO), FFXIII, FFXIV (current edition not the original cast which was complete rear end), Persona 5 etc. Yet sometimes even the same companies their English dubs are kind of a disaster like World of Fantasy and Trials of Mana for Square Enix. Likewise Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia, Three Houses, Awakening and Fates are all fairly good on the English dub but Heroes the mobile game is something of a disaster and god help you if you heard the voice acting in the Telius series games like Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Belated reply, but last I heard, it's common practice in the US video game industry to give VAs as little context for their role and lines as possible to prevent leaks—Wikipedia describes it as "[relying] on the same type of secrecy that high tech firms use." There was a big union strike about it (and related issues) ~5 years ago, with the result being that video game companies now have to disclose project code names, gameplay genre, whether the work is original or based on an existing franchise, and how PG it is (basically) to VAs they're recruiting. Didn't resolve the lack-of-context issue, as far as I'm aware.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Archonex posted:

Weirdly enough, the expanded materials for HI3 have been leaning into the same direction. At one point in the manga Su straight up meets what's implied to be the personification of the higher godhead after dying. Said being offers to tell him why the Honkai (Essentially, the in setting equivalent of some types of Gnosticism's Christian demiurge.) is being such a murderous dick to humans.

It comes at a price however. Su has to beat the godhead at a game, as according to the being it's been a long time since anyone managed to ascend past the trappings of the material world as he had. So the being is a bit bored and more than a bit interested in seeing just what Su can do.

The stinger to all of this? Said game the entity conjures into existence is chess. Meaning that the same pieces on the board are the same ones we've seen that make up an Archon's gnosis. What this means no one knows, though it seems relevant.

This is the EXACT loving poo poo I'm here for :rms:

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Archonex posted:

As a side note this Honkai Impact crossover event with Honkai is hilarious.

If Keqing played like this in Genshin she'd be a rampaging engine of mass destruction.

Not sure if you mean hilarious just from the previews or not, but it's already out and I found the writing for the first storyline pretty funny.

The entire crossover is a series of game pitches, in-universe. The first game is a lot like the start of Genshin Impact, but both the Traveler stand-in and Paimon know it's a game.
The Traveler Stand-In also starts asking "when do I get to start wishing" before the tutorial is over.
After she summons Keqing, Keqing is a bit annoyed and says she's going home.

The other two pitches might have some relevance, but aren't as funny or directly related.

Also Keqing is only playable in the pitches, but Fischl is playable in the whole game, and from what I've seen the few times I've gotten to use them, is Herrscher level busted.
Is there anyone playable in Honkai Impact who doesn't exist in some way in-universe? Because the Prinzessin Der Verurteilung is a multiversal thing, if it is a real thing.
:tinfoil:
(It's real and Fischl in Honkai is that world's version of her and Genshin Fischl got her Vision to keep her from getting her Prinzessin powers that is my headcanon you can't prove me wrong.)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The sp characters are all non-main universe but still exist things.

This includes Asuka Whoeveru Langley. Genshin is a videogame made within the Eva universe.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Captain France posted:

Not sure if you mean hilarious just from the previews or not, but it's already out and I found the writing for the first storyline pretty funny.

The entire crossover is a series of game pitches, in-universe. The first game is a lot like the start of Genshin Impact, but both the Traveler stand-in and Paimon know it's a game.
The Traveler Stand-In also starts asking "when do I get to start wishing" before the tutorial is over.
After she summons Keqing, Keqing is a bit annoyed and says she's going home.

The other two pitches might have some relevance, but aren't as funny or directly related.

Also Keqing is only playable in the pitches, but Fischl is playable in the whole game, and from what I've seen the few times I've gotten to use them, is Herrscher level busted.
Is there anyone playable in Honkai Impact who doesn't exist in some way in-universe? Because the Prinzessin Der Verurteilung is a multiversal thing, if it is a real thing.
:tinfoil:
(It's real and Fischl in Honkai is that world's version of her and Genshin Fischl got her Vision to keep her from getting her Prinzessin powers that is my headcanon you can't prove me wrong.)

Also, it's "idiotka" Rozaliya taking the place of the Traveler so a whole lot of stuff nearly goes off the rails right from the get go.

She starts blowing holes in Paimon's story of how they met like sixty seconds into the event without even realizing that she's hitting on a massive fan theory of Paimon not being what she appears to be. Specifically, how a being that's always flying (and can seemingly teleport) without getting tired could end up drowning and need to be rescued by the Traveler. Paimon, being kind of sus in the main game, just takes a moment to try to reckon with what she said before just essentially going "Uhhh...Well poo poo, I don't have an answer for that one. MOVING ON NOW." and bulldozes past part of the intro. :allears:

It also shows off another fan theory that Paimon is hilariously manipulative. We can see Paimon's internal monologue as she tries to get a read on how to manipulate Rozaliya in her internal monologue, ending up with tempting her with rare characters from wishes to motivate her to pursue the main quest. Which goes poorly, since Keqing ain't even staying after the event is over even though she's basically a ridiculously souped up version of one of Raiden Mei's battlesuits. :argh:

The whole thing is just one large tongue in cheek nod to the fans and lore nerds of Genshin and it's pretty great.

Also, I haven't played with Fischl yet but is she that OP? What rank does she need to be to get the most out of her?

kater posted:

The sp characters are all non-main universe but still exist things.

This includes Asuka Whoeveru Langley. Genshin is a videogame made within the Eva universe.

If I remember the event right it's actually quite a bit different than that. The existence of a multiverse is a pretty big part of Mihoyo's games. Otto in Honkai straight up watched Dvalin on his way to get that crystal shard put in him by the Abyss Order in the prestory to Genshin back when Genshin was released. And it's a major plot point that every timeline/setting on the Tree is dealing with their own (usually unique) version of the Honkai trying to kill everyone.

Basically, multiverse theory is a thing (Represented by a great tree, notice another motif that keeps coming up in Genshin?) that's a huge part of the backstory and the expanded materials. Asuka for example was a real character in a different setting on the Tree and got blown into the timeline HI3 takes place in for...reasons we never quite got expanded on, aside from the fact that some apocalyptic stuff apparently was going down in her timeline that forced her to mature in a way that she never had to in her own series.

It's why the post event scene shows her getting picked up by that strange train, since that entire scene was a way of saying that she didn't just get sucked out into the Warp from 40K the nightmarish tracts of space that make up the path between worlds after her event was over. Likewise, the train was actually the vehicle and setting for a different version of the captain that is the player in HI3. That version of the captain has been a focus for multiple events in the past, hence why there was a version of several HI3 characters wearing weird clothing that didn't fit the modern timeline. They're actually characters from other timelines he's picked up along the way.

Hilariously enough, this means that Otto is a plagiarist on top of all the other dickish poo poo he's done. Dude got the idea for HI3's version of Genshin Impact the game by spying on the Genshin Impact timeline and then trying to sell it to the public as his own totally original creation. He even tried to rope his arch nemesis into a collaboration, which i'm sure totally wouldn't dick him over at a later date if he said yes. :v:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jul 26, 2021

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

After like a million runs I finally got a drat ATK% Blizzard Sands only for it to have trash substats. Don't even care, just happy to finally have most of a set on Ayaka. Finally getting her up to speed to take around on stuff without much hassle.

Speaking of, Xingqiu's burst is absolutely bonkers for Ayaka it's almost unfair in the best possible way.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Archonex posted:

Also, I haven't played with Fischl yet but is she that OP? What rank does she need to be to get the most out of her?

The trial version in the event is outshone a bit by Keqing, but keeps up pretty well with the Herrscher Of Reason and some messed up presumably Herrscheresque version of Seele in the third part of the event. Also, actually, the third part also has it's funny bits---Fischl is the least extra member of that party.

For the main game, I haven't played too much of it yet or gotten a lot of time with a Herrscher, but between her being able to trigger time slow and beam spam on a reasonable cooldown, the other beam spam she can do, and Oz being his own bunch of beam spam . . .

I've been pulling on her gacha to rank her up as I go along and at this point mine is nearly SSS, but she has not once not been significantly stronger than anything else I have at the same level, with the gacha S rank I just got being the first thing to really come close.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

After like a million runs I finally got a drat ATK% Blizzard Sands only for it to have trash substats. Don't even care, just happy to finally have most of a set on Ayaka. Finally getting her up to speed to take around on stuff without much hassle.

Speaking of, Xingqiu's burst is absolutely bonkers for Ayaka it's almost unfair in the best possible way.

Barbara also works well for this, especially if your Xingqui has downtime.
She also outheals the damage from the hurty places.
In my case, while only being level 50.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Inazuma is a pretty cool area, I'm having a lot of fun running around trying to decide what to do next. I just barely managed to get up to a high enough reputation rank to unlock Inazuman bounties before the weekly reset. The new enemies are pretty fun to fight, and I've decided to stop using Zhong for a little while so I can remember how to actually play the game instead of just ignoring damage forever.

Electro traveler continues the tradition of having the traveler not being particularly fun to play, in my opinion. I always try to have the traveler lead my party when I'm doing story missions, and he's good for making sure my other party members can have their ults up as often as possible, but everything the traveler does looks bland. Give me playable Paimon.

Paimon rules.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Captain France posted:

The trial version in the event is outshone a bit by Keqing, but keeps up pretty well with the Herrscher Of Reason and some messed up presumably Herrscheresque version of Seele in the third part of the event. Also, actually, the third part also has it's funny bits---Fischl is the least extra member of that party.

For the main game, I haven't played too much of it yet or gotten a lot of time with a Herrscher, but between her being able to trigger time slow and beam spam on a reasonable cooldown, the other beam spam she can do, and Oz being his own bunch of beam spam . . .

I've been pulling on her gacha to rank her up as I go along and at this point mine is nearly SSS, but she has not once not been significantly stronger than anything else I have at the same level, with the gacha S rank I just got being the first thing to really come close.

Barbara also works well for this, especially if your Xingqui has downtime.
She also outheals the damage from the hurty places.
In my case, while only being level 50.

Yeah, I just tried her outside of the event and uh...Holy loving poo poo. She looks underpowered next to Keqing because Keqing is meant to be OP and basically is the best bits of Raiden Mei's Herrsher form while off the dragon, her Shadow Dash Suit, and that cyberpunk outfit all in one character. Only Keqing is even more powerful (for instance, the cyberpunk-esque outfit has separate ticks for each ranged attack that you can do. Keqing has a meter, meaning she can do a lot more attacks at range before she teleports in for a strike.) due to improvements on the back end design.

Fischl is absurd outside of the event and does not gently caress around at all in combat. Her bow shoots like a machine gun and can spam Oz infinitely and she crits like nuts with the right build. I ripped apart a boss in a matter of seconds. And finally, her charged attack appears to be a lightning powered wave motion gun attack. Literally just a laser. And this is only at rank S!

Even the craftable purp weapon for her is nuts. It creates a permanent time slow field that lets you take your time in aim mode, and you can double tap the strike to basically teleport high above the enemy and do an air to surface body slam/downward kick on the enemy that craps orbs of electricity everywhere.

If she played like this in Genshin she'd be top tier for quite some time.

Now I want machine gun Fischl in her Prinzessin der Air to Surface Electrified Body Slams form in Genshin.

If nothing else, being talked to in overly flowery prose would be a much more entertaining schtick if she was capable of hulking out at a moment's notice and just unleashing a lightning powered aerial wrestling move on some fools.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jul 26, 2021

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
I have to be blind, but how do i give the items away to Ayaka in this web event.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Descar posted:

I have to be blind, but how do i give the items away to Ayaka in this web event.

I was struggling with this as well, but the wiki filled me in:

You need to get all the luxurious/delicious items (they refresh and change in the shops every 2 minutes) before the button appears in the bottom right.
You will always keep the highest quality items you have in your inventory, so you can't override them with lower quality ones.

It's just a waiting game that's poorly explained. You can only turn in the 6 highest quality items.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
Thanks, that would explain it.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zwiebel posted:

I was struggling with this as well, but the wiki filled me in:

You need to get all the luxurious/delicious items (they refresh and change in the shops every 2 minutes) before the button appears in the bottom right.
You will always keep the highest quality items you have in your inventory, so you can't override them with lower quality ones.

It's just a waiting game that's poorly explained. You can only turn in the 6 highest quality items.

To add to this, you can refresh by chatting with customers manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Also give mona support a try if you have her. Mona and Ayaka bursts are perfect for each other.

https://i.imgur.com/qtOEEFr.mp4

She can straight up use ganyu's freeze comp or a completely different comp with no overlap so you could run both if you have them.