Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Done right and with a crowd this could be awesome.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1419420948093014020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1419425981136310272?s=20

Killa Kate is a former employee and coworker of mine, and while her opponent being who she is......concerns me about her chances, it is still insane to see her on a friggin AEW tweet.

It's a long road ahead for her, but maybe she'll pop up again on a Dark or an Elevation. I'm just psyched to see it.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Considering Pulse is training to be a wrestler himself, I'm almost surprised he didn't book himself against Luther and Colten Gunn in a triple threat match.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Shinjobi posted:

Killa Kate is a former employee and coworker of mine, and while her opponent being who she is......concerns me about her chances, it is still insane to see her on a friggin AEW tweet.

It's a long road ahead for her, but maybe she'll pop up again on a Dark or an Elevation. I'm just psyched to see it.

I’m sorry your friend has to die.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

She looks like a badass.

But also I'm sorry for your loss.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Jungle Boy and PPA were on Celebrity Family Fued, along with David Arquette, Dalton Castle, and RJ City. Steve Harvey, who sucks, managed to get the year of Arquette's title win wrong. Said 2002, two years later the actual win.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Maigius posted:

Jungle Boy and PPA were on Celebrity Family Fued, along with David Arquette, Dalton Castle, and RJ City. Steve Harvey, who sucks, managed to get the year of Arquette's title win wrong. Said 2002, two years later the actual win.

Disgusting.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

steve harvey gets things wrong on purpose to become a meme. he misjudged the care that would be had about that one

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Maigius posted:

That was a fun episode. Arquette's team swept the game and Pee Wee Herman's team barely got to play against them.

I don't think Drew Carey (he was on Pee Wee's team) got to say a single word past his introduction.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
is steve harvey jeff's brother

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vandar posted:

That was a fun episode. Arquette's team swept the game and Pee Wee Herman's team barely got to play against them.

I don't think Drew Carey (he was on Pee Wee's team) got to say a single word past his introduction.

They were no match for Arquette's team of handsome wrestle boys.

Also
https://twitter.com/FamilyFeudABC/status/1419459772781371392

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Someone upload this to YouTube please!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
chances pretty high we're going to get cardona interference weds ?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i hope not.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Cardona ruining a Gage match on the anniversary of ruining Warhorse's match would be a thing

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

graph posted:

Why would he interfere? He is the champ and the guy he beat is moving on.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

Cardona ruining a Gage match on the anniversary of ruining Warhorse's match would be a thing

lmao

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

graph posted:

No, chances are not high that they’re going to run a tangentially related GCW angle as part of AEW’s number 2/3 feud on Dynamite. Look at how little Impact stuff ends up on Dynamite via Kenny, and expect even less than that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MorningMoon posted:

How did he ruin Warhorse's match?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
cardona can appear on Dark to challenge Luther over who is the REAL deathmatch legend

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

cardona can appear on Dark to challenge Luther over who is the REAL deathmatch legend

GCW should 100% get Luther to face Cardona for the belt.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Only if he can bring Serpentico wrapped in barbed wire.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Oil! posted:

Why would he interfere? He is the champ and the guy he beat is moving on.

He also just won the match through shenanigans, so if anything he should be trying to avoid Gage in kayfabe, not giving Nick a chance to get his hands on him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BDawg posted:

I’m sorry your friend has to die.

I am too.:smith:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

MassRafTer posted:

How did he ruin Warhorse's match?

Not the match but he 100% ruined WARHORSE's appearance because it's the one outside opponent that got no post-match shine from Cody, instead they had Silver and Reynolds run in for no loving reason just so what's his nuts could make the save.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

That kind of tongue-in-cheek stuff would be great for Dark/Elevation and AEW has never been shy about promoting champions of other companies (Yuka as the PoP champion, Rosa/Deeb as NWA champion, Mox as IWGP US champ, etc)

Rhonne posted:

Only if he can bring Serpentico wrapped in barbed wire.
Might as well make it a comedy death match too. Luther acts like he's grabbing a table from under the ring but it's actually just Serpentico tied up to a board with barbed wire

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

beggar posted:

What do my knuckles say?

THEO NION

I look forward to Theo Nion's debut on NXT.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rantmo posted:

Not the match but he 100% ruined WARHORSE's appearance because it's the one outside opponent that got no post-match shine from Cody, instead they had Silver and Reynolds run in for no loving reason just so what's his nuts could make the save.

Warhorse had an uninspired match and after the match they set up future matches which were part of an ongoing feud, one of the biggest feuds AEW had that summer.

And "what's his nuts" is a much bigger deal than Warhorse.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What's his nuts vs slap nuts

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

WARHORSE for however good he is or might have been was absolutely set up to be forgotten, which is wild considering Cody & Arn set up him coming in as a big fan favorite meeting. Maybe they didnt burn the house down but it definitely felt like a forgettable match just to appease marks online.

Is that all WARHORSE is worth? I dont know!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Cody's run was just a means to showcase popular indie guys and up-and-comers during the pandemic. If Warhorse was truly great, now that restrictions are lifted he should be getting more exposure so I guess we'll see :shrug:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It was definitely not a great match, and not representative of WARHORSE's quality, he and Cody never really got started because Cody was in cocky dickhead mode and kept leaving the ring and poo poo. I'm not saying that WARHORSE is at the same level of Ricky Starks or Eddie, but I am saying that he's good--yea indeed he rules rear end--and deserved a fairer shake than he got.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Watch This Match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLZur3519gU

Watch This Match

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tweak posted:

WARHORSE for however good he is or might have been was absolutely set up to be forgotten, which is wild considering Cody & Arn set up him coming in as a big fan favorite meeting. Maybe they didnt burn the house down but it definitely felt like a forgettable match just to appease marks online.

Is that all WARHORSE is worth? I dont know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-wwEykFIFY

He totally got done dirty by this, and anyone who hasn't seen it in a while should watch it to remember what happened. Warhorse looked good coming out of this IMO, but not great, but he never had a moment to actually look great.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
in context WARHORSE looked even worse as the week before was Eddie Kingston who got to do that promo and then had a barn burner with Cody.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Sending Cardona to soak up the spotlight right after was TK's best way of telling Warhorse he should get on the juice big time without actually being liable for it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-wwEykFIFY

He totally got done dirty by this, and anyone who hasn't seen it in a while should watch it to remember what happened. Warhorse looked good coming out of this IMO, but not great, but he never had a moment to actually look great.

He did not get done dirty. He had a match which got time and was fine. He did not impress anyone enough for people to really demand we see more of him.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
snorehorse

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Lid posted:

in context WARHORSE looked even worse as the week before was Eddie Kingston who got to do that promo and then had a barn burner with Cody.

If he had even been given a little promo time it would have been better, he's no an Eddie-style promo but he's got a great, intense, weird energy that brings a lot to the character.

Also, goddamn he throws a pretty top-rope elbow drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

warhorse is like when people thought ken kennedy was good because he would yell, except in the form of physical presence