Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MotU posted:

I don't want them to ever put the title on Hangman because I want to see who defends it the longest

I think you would defend it the longest, and if i don't hear back in a post in this thread from your account within the next 5 hours then it's safe for everyone to assume that you agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Alaois posted:

yeah you're right the guy who they're setting up to challenge Kenny Omega should be the first one pinned in the match, by Kenny Omega. that's a very smart way to book a challenger for a title.

Did you just overlook the part about fuckery, like for example being beaten down hit with objects and otherwise? It's like the simplest story to be told - The Elite fear Hangman and only Hangman, the Dark Order are nothing to them, so they spend everything to get rid of him first. And the main Hangman story has been a deep set insecurity he shouldn't be around people as all he does is hurt them and he needs to only do things for himself.

Like Hangman ONLY A FEW WEEKS AGO was squashed straight up by Brian Cage in the opener. The way you are acting is that a person being pinned kills them in a vacuum which is WWE way of thinking where the first person is pinned after nothing and made to look like nothing.

Context is key, and if all you can see is "Hangman lost" then it's waaaaaaay off the mark.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Friendship has no power, I want it to end up like real life. Hangman never wins because evil always triumphs over good, he’s pinned, AEW shutters, years later he’s back to teaching english but his heart just isn’t in storytelling any longer. He speaks of narrative tropes, allusions, allegory, and irony with bitterness when he teaches them, the air is drying and dull in his classroom for decades and eventually he retires. He turns on the TV one lonely night and there on the screen in front of a stadium full of roaring fans he sees Mr. Brodie Lee Jr. holding the AEW world title aloft over an old and finally after all these years defeated Kenny Omega, and though it was only one belt of 42 that he possessed, this match would unify them all.

Brodie Lee Jr. takes the microphone into his hand and says “this is for you Hangman, wherever you are.” The crowd chants Cowboy poo poo, the fireworks go off, and in the crowning moment out comes Hunter Hearst Hemsley to congratulate the new WWE universal unified Peacock Netflix Champion of the universe

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the cheating would have to be comically over the top for most people to appreciate that story the way you are effortlessly able to

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
I reckon it should go down to 4-2 in favour of the Elite with just Hangman and Silver left, Hangman turns despairingly to Silver as Stu gets pinned and Silver just tells him “We can do this!” Then goes on a ludicrous tear, I can even see Silver pining Omega.

Who wins though, is very much about where your main event program is going.

You’ve probably got Bryan Danielson coming in in September.

So they have to choose, do you pull the trigger on Page at All Out, or do you do Omega vs Danielson.

That’s an actually difficult choice.

If you are pulling the trigger on Page, let Silver pin the last guy to win the eliminator. Then do Kenny vs Danielson as a stand alone after All Out. Maybe have Daniel Bryan win the Triple A championship off him.

If you aren’t, I’d use Knox as the ref, and have him blatantly screw Silver, to the point where Hangman decks Knox and they DQ the Dark Order, awarding the Elite the win. Then you have Hangman go on a tear against the Elite, while Kenny takes on Danielson.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Luckily for us "The Elite" and "Comically Over The Top" are never together so my dreams and explanation will never come to pass.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they don't need hangman to beat the elite. they just need to let him get hosed over huge and then show out as the strongest they've ever looked after he's gone

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Everyone should sell for Kenny the way Seth did for the Fiend when he was crying and screaming in the corner until CM Punk beats Omega with his powerful MMA roundhouse kick.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I could definitely see them doing a thing where Hangman gets eliminated unfairly and it comes down to the rest of the Dark Order and Hangman cheering on Silver as he overcomes the odds, presumably with Hangman and company keeping the Elite guys on the outside from getting in, but I think it would be less Silver pinning Kenny and more Kenny eliminating himself and Hangman with some sort of double DQ or double count out to get the biggest threat to the rest of the Elite out of the picture and prevent himself from having to take a pin. I definitely don't think they're going to give away Hangman pinning Kenny at this point in the feud, so Silver (or any non-Hangman Dark Order guy, really) having to overcome the Bucks or Good Brothers feels like a reasonable way to have the Dark Order get a feel good come from behind win without giving away the big pin you're trying to sell the title shot with.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

There’s really two ways to book the elimination match and it’s all dependent on how the title match is booked at All Out. If Hangman loses the title match, he beasts through the match and pins Kenny clean in the middle with the Buckshot to end it, either as the sole survivor or with one other guy left in his corner, coming from a three on one or three on two deficit. Looks like a god, proves he can beat Kenny, but they also can have him play up an injury angle from going through the whole match that the Elite spend the month between the elim. match and PPV exploiting, that takes him down at All Out.

If Hangman’s winning the belt? He puts in a strong showing, eliminating and assisting in the eliminations of guys but Kenny and the Bucks manage to gently caress him over anyway. Maybe he takes out Matt after The Good Bros go out first, and in a scrum Hangman eats a double super kick from the Bucks, Kenny scrambles to be the legal guy and OWAs him, and he’s eliminated, and it’s like, Uno and Reynolds left for the Dark Order and they manage to roll up Kenny and Nick takes a clean pinfall from Uno to end it with the good guys prevailing.

Basically if Hangman loses later you want to prove he can beat Kenny clean, but he’s not quite able to clutch the win yet when it counts, either because he wasn’t 100% or because of some light chicanery. If Hangman wins later, you want to instill some doubt that he’s gonna do it so the drama is off the charts when he kicks out of the OWA, feeds off the crowd losing their poo poo, gets on a rally and buckshots Kenny and becomes the torchbearer of AEW.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

Everyone should sell for Kenny the way Seth did for the Fiend when he was crying and screaming in the corner until CM Punk beats Omega with his powerful MMA roundhouse kick.

everyone's seen punk's mma, they have it scouted. he needs to learn an incredibly powerful martial art like yellow bamboo or testa to defeat the dastardly kenny omega

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

But what if CM Punk knows the touch of death?!?!?!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I wonder what Punks gonna do? Warmed over KENTA sounds kinda boring when we had the real thing recently, even if he's a mite broken down these days. He still did his act better than Punk.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Punk shocks the world by unleashing a picture perfect silat attack that would make Iko Uwais faint

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

remusclaw posted:

I wonder what Punks gonna do? Warmed over KENTA sounds kinda boring when we had the real thing recently, even if he's a mite broken down these days. He still did his act better than Punk.

I agree those KENTA promos are incredible

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Joking aside I do kinda feel extremely deflated about Punk in ways that do not apply to Daniel Bryan. The guy has been kind of a public rear end in a top hat for a while and his MMA run was depressing. If Colts ok with it, I am though I guess.
gently caress it though, if he can still talk and go I will get over it pretty much immediately.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 26, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It wasn't as much as "Punk being an rear end in a top hat" when you see just how much money that lawsuit cost. Punk paid $1,200,000+ for the lawsuit and Cabana himself paid $200k for a second lawyer. I'm sure they both had the money to cover it but that's not chump change that they were fighting over.

Meanwhile the WWE goes on, business as usual. The lawsuit wasn't anything other than an attempt at making Punk as miserable as possible over the mean things he said about the WWE and they succeeded, especially by dragging Cabana into it and ruining one of his longest friendships.

I mean at the end of the day, if CM Punk was only worth $6-$8 million at the time (Before he got all his Marvel deals, UFC fights, indie movies, etc) that's a big chunk of his net worth lost to a frankly nonsense lawsuit and WWE knew what they were doing by dragging Cabana into it too.

Source

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
R.D. Reynolds’ new podcast is a watch-a-long of Batman ‘66 with Vince Russo.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Any chance Punk is the new commentator for AEW Smackdown or whatever it is called?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

algebra testes posted:

Any chance Punk is the new commentator for AEW Smackdown or whatever it is called?

AEW Shotgun Saturday Night

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

do you mean impact?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

algebra testes posted:

I think they said Mark Henry is doing color on that, so it seems unlikely. Unless they bump Mark or decide to have two color commentators, but that seems like a weird mix.

I think if he is coming in, it'll be primarily as a competitor, although I could definitely see them quickly putting him at the head of a stable so he doesn't have to wrestle every week at his age.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Edward Mass posted:

R.D. Reynolds’ new podcast is a watch-a-long of Batman ‘66 with Vince Russo.

...I would listen to this

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Not really sad that Vinny is back but I would have liked to hear Lance's take on the Tokyo dome show.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Deadlock ep #100 is a trip so far. So sad everyone got fired from their own podcast!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

neoaxd posted:

Deadlock ep #100 is a trip so far. So sad everyone got fired from their own podcast!

Everybody dies

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Everybody dies

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I just finished listening and I can't believe no one actually died (sorry for the spoilers)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RealFoxy posted:

It wasn't as much as "Punk being an rear end in a top hat" when you see just how much money that lawsuit cost. Punk paid $1,200,000+ for the lawsuit and Cabana himself paid $200k for a second lawyer. I'm sure they both had the money to cover it but that's not chump change that they were fighting over.

Meanwhile the WWE goes on, business as usual. The lawsuit wasn't anything other than an attempt at making Punk as miserable as possible over the mean things he said about the WWE and they succeeded, especially by dragging Cabana into it and ruining one of his longest friendships.

I mean at the end of the day, if CM Punk was only worth $6-$8 million at the time (Before he got all his Marvel deals, UFC fights, indie movies, etc) that's a big chunk of his net worth lost to a frankly nonsense lawsuit and WWE knew what they were doing by dragging Cabana into it too.

Source

Yeah, the purpose of frivolous corporate lawsuits is to force people into stressful financial positions and get them to make bad and difficult decisions to try and cope with it. WWE got what they wanted out of that suit. They probably didn't set out to try and ruin a friendship but they discredited their former employee legitimately criticizing them, managed to make Punk the villain of the story, and sent a clear message to future ex-employees that it might not be a good idea to run your mouth off about the company. Mission accomplished.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the run-ins on today's deadlock fuckin' ruled lmao

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Deadlock went over James' experience in what happened after winning the Elite GM tournament and the mindset in booking Luther vs Lee Johnson . Interesting if nothing else and made me watch Elevation to watch the match.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Yeah, hearing him talk about being backstage at AEW and talking to everyone was cool.

Learning that Luther invented the Lionsault and gave it to Chris Jericho way back was cool too.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1419802127912902658?s=21

Very upset that Johnny didn’t win

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Who would be the best actor for Donahue Era Dave?

Arbite fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 28, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Arbite posted:

Who would be the best actor for Donahue Era Dave?

It's a WWE production, so DJ Qualls

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Huge news podcast fans! (So big it got basically zero traction yesterday.)

https://twitter.com/JohnLaurinaitis/status/1420237665689997313

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 28, 2021

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Has Russo gone down the Q-Anon hole yet or is this gonna be what he drags him in

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Drakkel posted:

Has Russo gone down the Q-Anon hole yet or is this gonna be what he drags him in

He tweeted that he's anti-vax so maybe. But I trust Vince to have his own weird angle on all of this.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

russo will be whatever he wants to be if he thinks it'll get attention on himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For those who don't know baseball Huff is toxic chud monster who really, really hates women and the children they have with other men.

Although he's not strictly Q.

https://twitter.com/aubrey_huff/status/1325094678060888065

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 28, 2021