Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cavauro posted:

warhorse is like when people thought ken kennedy was good because he would yell, except in the form of physical presence

The Warhorse will never recover from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've never seen or heard warhorse even once. no pictures either. i see him as a little chikara guy wearing a fake mane and tail, and saying "no sir, i don't like it" like in ren and stimpy, the cartoon made by john k the pedophile.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

He did not get done dirty. He had a match which got time and was fine. He did not impress anyone enough for people to really demand we see more of him.

you always do this thing where you try to make it sound like your opinions are facts, but all other opinions are incorrect according to the historical record, and it's really uncool

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

It was a pretty competitive title match between one of the biggest stars in the company vs an unsigned indie guy. Could AEW have done more for WARHORSE? Sure. But it's kind of insane to act like he was treated unfairly or got a raw deal here.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Thanks to the wonders of "having been there" we can you know check the official record.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3934644&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I do wonder if he got in his own head a bit. Tony Schiavone made a comment on the Unrestricted with Eddie Kingston that he ribbed WARHORSE by going "Hey, don't blow it"

Pylons fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 26, 2021

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
"This needs Excalibur holding the hand of the viewer through the match to understand what theyre watching. WARHORSE isnt an Eddie Kingston. "

Past me is right.

I forgot about that but this was during the period where Excalibur was pulled off TV over the old PWG clips so they didn't have a real play by play guy and Taz was filling in.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rotinaj posted:

you always do this thing where you try to make it sound like your opinions are facts, but all other opinions are incorrect according to the historical record, and it's really uncool
Warhorse is a niche wrestler, people who knew him were excited to seem him and people who didn't know him weren't as impressed as Eddie loving Kingston so :shrug:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RealFoxy posted:

Warhorse is a niche wrestler, people who knew him were excited to seem him and people who didn't know him weren't as impressed as Eddie loving Kingston so :shrug:

he still has a point though

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

STONE COLD 64 posted:

matt cardona is a better wrestler than miro.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

He got a booking on national TV, was given time and a competitive match. I am sorry but this is not being done dirty, it is being done a pretty big favor.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Shinjobi posted:

he still has a point though
It's like getting mad at Cuarvo's word salad, MRT's been the same for years and isn't going to change

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're still doing it, but i think it's really cool

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"drat, this guy is cool, and I want to see him on AEW TV weekly!" - me at the conclusion of the WARHORSE match
"I don't care about that guy from before. Other people are more important to me, now" - me 45 seconds later when they ran a post-match angle featuring Zack Ryder

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

RealFoxy posted:

It's like getting mad at Cuarvo's word salad, MRT's been the same for years and isn't going to change

ones a gimmick, the other is Green Lantern Fan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

ones a gimmick, the other is Green Lantern Fan

Also I would like to thank you for linking to the thread for the reminder that War Horse also got pyro and then had a match where the consensus in the thread was "it was fine."

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Warhorse didn’t shake Jake the Snake’s hand backstage

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I have no strong opinions over Warhorse one way or the other but it's probably more important to the indies to have a guy that can draw this much support on a dead, gay, internet forum than it is for AEW to have another guy on Dark/Elevation that might lose to Miro

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm glad I started whatever is going on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think it's the announcers fault that nobody liked the war horse match, after reading the linked thread. excalibur wasn't there because of all the times he said racial slurs. there's a picture of warhorse in that thread but i didn't look at it

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I like warhorse and think it's okay if you don't

God bless

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
What topping goes on a hot dog

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lid posted:

Nothing. All the condiments are supposed to go underneath the dog.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Lid posted:

I forgot about that but this was during the period where Excalibur was pulled off TV over the old PWG clips so they didn't have a real play by play guy and Taz was filling in.

Man that period really showed how vital Excalibur is to the announce team. He's the only real play-by-play guy on the AEW announce team so when he's gone and they have to put three color commentary guys at the desk and none of them have a clue what's going on? It's just a nightmare.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

didn't see Lid already brought up the announcer issue long before me. i was not trying to mock that point as i agree with it. Jim ross constantly says "what the gently caress is this... this sucks" type of talking about people if he doesn't know who they are. when he doesn't know anything he gets indignant and annoys everyone

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lid posted:

brown mustard and relish

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Thinking Warhorse was done dirty is another symptom of Cody Derangement Syndrome.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I like warhorse but I don't like like him

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Kingston is Kobe

Warhorse is Paul Pierce

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

warhorse should at least come back for dark when they're back in the midwest and have a crowd that will know him. he wasn't as cool as ricky starks or eddie kingston but really who is

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i don't know much about warhorse, but what i do know is i want him to get a pop without gcw champion matt friggin cardona interfering

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I think it's cool when people like things I don't like and I appreciate the variety of this wrestling provides

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I just realized, if/when Punk comes to AEW there's nothing stopping him from using Cult of Personality is there?

gently caress if that hits I'mma pop so hard. For that matter, same with any other version of Ride Of The Valkyries for Bryan, although I'd also be totally fine if he got some other music. But there's something about Cult of Personality and Punk that's so iconic that I REALLY want that to be how he comes in.

I'm sorry if I'm derailing Warhorse chat, I'm just so excited. I didn't realize just how big a CM Punk mark I actually was until the news hit, and I'm just overflowing over it more and more as each day goes by.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Warhorse suffered from his match being really heavily promoted and having tons of twitter hype and then one week before his debut bam it's Eddie mother loving Kingston in an amazing out of nowhere hardcore match with Cody to open the show and then suddenly Warhorse is in a position the following week where he and Cody just have a regular match where nobody gets called a bitch or slips in tacks at all. Kinda killed the hype.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

I just realized, if/when Punk comes to AEW there's nothing stopping him from using Cult of Personality is there?

You are correct, the only thing that could possibly stop this is the fact that he has not one, but at least two better themes to choose from in his history already.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i accept your apology.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
CM Punk should come out to "We Didn't Start The Fire"

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

A Megabyte Ronnie elbow.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

El Generico posted:

"This fire burns, always" is a close enough line to "it was always burnin since the worlds been turnin'" so I'll allow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

El Generico posted:

This, but all the words are about wrestling now.