Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Well Scotty Miller only has Mike Evans, Antonio Brown, and Godwin to beat in camp so I can see the appeal.

Bunch of scrubs in front of him.

Wtf is going on with Rodgers? He and Adam's gonna saddle up for one more NFC loss together? I dunno what else that matching tweet stuff is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Packers camp starts this week. Can't wait for Gruntle Watch to enter a whole new stage

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
What do people think of Hurts? His ADP is all over the place where some places have him as QB20 and others as QB8. In a 10 team Superflex keeper league I have an option to keep either Stafford or Hurts as an early 4th round pick. I have them ranked fairly evenly, but I want to pick them both for different reasons:
Stafford - A safe pick that should be reasonable value for his ADP and is unlikely to waste the draft pick
Hurts - Play to win the league, not just have a solid team that will likely make it to the playoffs, with the risk that you might just end up in last place.

Pretty much all of the top QBs are kept as keepers or will be almost guaranteed to be drafted before my first round pick, so effectively the top tier of QBs left are like Herbert, Stafford, Hurts, Burrow, and Tannehill.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Stafford should be a top 5 QB this year. Hurts is a longshot. How in the world do you have them ranked evenly?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'd honestly go with Stafford if it's a keeper league. There's a non zero chance that Hurts isn't the starter anymore in 2022.

edit: also this

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Stafford should be a top 5 QB this year. Hurts is a longshot. How in the world do you have them ranked evenly?

That rams WR room is loaded and they're likely to be passing a bit more now with Akers out.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 25, 2021

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Pain of Mind posted:

What do people think of Hurts? His ADP is all over the place where some places have him as QB20 and others as QB8. In a 10 team Superflex keeper league I have an option to keep either Stafford or Hurts as an early 4th round pick.

Hurts is being drafted as the obvious running QB later in the draft. Unfortunately, Philly looks like it's going to be a below average team, and Vegas gives them a 6.5 win total.

I think Hurts will have to rely on below average accuracy to try and throw his way back into games late. I'd expect him to be more Jacoby Brissett then Lamar Jackson in that case.

Not sure a HC change helps him much either.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stafford is the smart pick, Hurts is the lottery ticket.

Like yea maybe he runs for 300 yards and a few tds and wows everyone with his arm as well, but… probably not.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

What do people think of Hurts? His ADP is all over the place where some places have him as QB20 and others as QB8. In a 10 team Superflex keeper league I have an option to keep either Stafford or Hurts as an early 4th round pick. I have them ranked fairly evenly, but I want to pick them both for different reasons:
Stafford - A safe pick that should be reasonable value for his ADP and is unlikely to waste the draft pick
Hurts - Play to win the league, not just have a solid team that will likely make it to the playoffs, with the risk that you might just end up in last place.

Pretty much all of the top QBs are kept as keepers or will be almost guaranteed to be drafted before my first round pick, so effectively the top tier of QBs left are like Herbert, Stafford, Hurts, Burrow, and Tannehill.

Jesus, keep Stafford. He's a vet who just upgraded his entire receiving core and coaching staff. Hurts is a fantasy asset who has nobody to throw to and might get benched.

I literally got up from caregiving and went to my posting comp to tell you this. Those of you who know how busy my evenings are will know: that's something important.

1000/1000 times: Keep stafford in the fourth in SF

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Me ranking them equally is already nudging the scale toward Stafford based on ADPs since every projection has Hurts a bit higher, that is part of why I was asking, if there was something I was missing with Hurts because on paper Stafford seems a bit "cleaner" of a pick but I am second guessing it since almost every "professional" has a different opinion. I cannot find a football site that has Stafford ranked above Hurts. The only thing I can think of is that for 1 QB leagues you can take a bit more risk since there are more QBs available as a backup if a gamble does not work out (aka Hurts), while for a 2QB league you do not really have that luxury, but even for those few 2 QB ADPs he still tends to be a little ahead.

QB rankings:
Yahoo - Hurts 7, Stafford 12
ESPN - Hurts 10, Stafford 13
FFToday - Hurts 11, Stafford 15
Beersheets - Hurts 10, Stafford 13
Footballguys - Hurts 11, Stafford 13
Fantrax - Hurts 9, Stafford 12
CBS - Hurts 11, Stafford 17
Draftsharks - Hurts 10, Stafford 11
FantasyPros expert aggregate - Hurts 9, Stafford 12

2QB ADP:
FantasyPros - Hurts 10, Stafford 12
Fantasy Football Calculator - Hurts 10, Stafford 11
Fantasy Data - Hurts 10, Stafford 11

Thanks for all of the feedback people, was leaning Stafford but I thought I might have been missing something.

Edit: Went through and added a few more things, I have not even heard of some of these sites. I am not cherry picking, I just have not yet found one that has Stafford higher.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 25, 2021

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Stafford is definitely the safer pick here but I think people are underestimating how difficult the path is for him to be a Top 5 QB as a pocket passer. Brady had 43 TDs last year and threw for 4600 yards; he was still only QB #7. I think Stafford's ceiling is similarly capped.

The biggest risk factor for Hurts is the Eagles souring on him by the end of the season but he will definitely produce for fantasy with his legs. He simply trusts his legs more than his arm and will take off from the pocket rather than progress through his reads. Likening him to Jacoby Brissett just isn't accurate. Brissett's highest rushing yards in a game is 48 from what I am gathering from PFR. Hurts had 106, 63, 69, and 34 rushing yards in his four starts last year (and the 34 yard game came with 2 rushing TDs). His week 15 performance (338/3 passing, 63/1 rushing) had him as QB1 or QB2 on the week depending on league scoring.

I don't think he will show enough as a passer to maintain his starting job so the Eagles probably look elsewhere before the end of the season just for the gently caress of it like the Jags did last year with their Luton/Glennon starts. But he will produce as a fantasy option until the Eagles pull the ripcord. So like your perfect world scenario would be something like you also have Trey Lance on your bench and then you're staring Hurts until Lance is an option. Then that slot in your lineup probably easily outproduces what your leaguemates are getting. But while I can dream up scenarios regarding Hurts vs Stafford, if guys like Herbert or Tannehill are also available, I am not loving around with Hurts. I think those two have more realistic paths to Top 5 numbers.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Pain of Mind posted:

QB rankings:
Yahoo - Hurts 7, Stafford 12
ESPN - Hurts 10, Stafford 13
FFToday - Hurts 11, Stafford 15
Beersheets - Hurts 10, Stafford 13
Footballguys - Hurts 11, Stafford 13
Fantrax - Hurts 9, Stafford 12

2QB ADP:
FantasyPros - Hurts 10, Stafford 12
Fantasy Football Calculator - Hurts 10, Stafford 11

Overall ranking (site is garbage and could not find positional rankings)
CBS - Hurts 91, Stafford 113

Thanks for all of the feedback people, was leaning Stafford but I thought I might have been missing something.

Holy gently caress fantasypros does have Hurts that high What the actual gently caress. I apologize for my harsh judgement of you.

Football absurdity people go make some money making fun of motherfuckers.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Top 5 is the best possible scenario for Stafford this year, not the most likely. I put him between 8-13 or so if he doesn’t get hurt.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Top 5 is the best possible scenario for Stafford this year, not the most likely. I put him between 8-13 or so if he doesn’t get hurt.

I definitely agree with your point here about ceiling vs expectation, but reminder that Stafford was something like QB 15 last year, when Golladay missed almost the whole year, and moved to the place that made Goff something like QB 16. I feel good expecting mid to low QB1 numbers.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Can't believe Hurts is ranked that high. Feels like it's just a massive overcorrection for undervaluing Jackson, Allen, and Murray in years' past.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The problem with leaning into Matthew Stafford is the changing landscape of fantasy football scoring. If you don't run, you need a historically good season to reach the top-five. Rushing is so much more valuable that a passing-only quarterback starts in a massive hole

To put it a different way, if you converted fantasy points from rushing yards and TDs into equivalent passing yards and TDs, then add them to their passing, this is where you end up last year per game

Dak, 418 yards, 2.2 TDs
Kyler, 376 yards, 2.1 TDs
Watson, 371 yards, 2.2 TDs
Mahomes, 367 yards, 2.6 TDs
Jackson, 351 yards, 2.0 TDs
Allen, 350 yards, 2.6 TDs
Wilson, 343 yards, 2.6 TDs

None of these guys were outliers, so Stafford is starting in a massive hole. He's gotta average ~350 and ~2.5 just to make it into their tier.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
He averaged 315 and 3.25 in 2019 :D But yeah again, agreed on that being his ceiling not his expectation

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea that’s where Hurts has the massive upside

BUT the Eagles are gonna suck sooo

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yall are over valuing Akers here. Dude was the Rams rushing leader by 1 yard and the runner up that had a higher YPC (Henderson) is still with the team. The Rams were keyed up to be a committee to begin with no matter what the chatter was.

Stafford was primed for a career season even if Akers was there. He's been going the majority of his career without a run game.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 25, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You know how many times I’ve hear “Stafford has the chance to be a top 5 QB this year?”

Although it can still happen, his first year on a new team after his prime years, isn’t the most likely.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yeah Stafford is 33 I know it seems like he should be 40 by now but dude is still in prime QB age range.

Yall are trying to bury him on some bloated concerns. He's QB10 at worst.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This has been great to read about because I've started to do some planning ahead for the draft in my redraft PPR 1QB league where I'm going to keep Swift, Gibson, and Diontae for a 4th, 5th, and 6th respectively (unless Diontae's ADP drops by the time we draft). I was debating if I would try to take a top tier QB in the 3rd or try to load up on skill position players by taking a WR, TE, and RB.

edit: and I meant to say that one of my thoughts was "wait for Stafford after the 6th" because I'm high on him on the Rams.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 25, 2021

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

Hello goons,
I've got a league on Sleeper that might be a fit for you!
Here's some info:
  • 12 Teams (6/12 filled)
  • Best ball format
  • League dues 20 bucks
  • 10 starters (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 SFLEX), 17 bench
  • Bylaws here.

If you're looking for a dynasty league with minimal in-season management to throw onto your pile of leagues that take up way too much of your attention, give us a look! We have 6/12 spots full so far, and would love to have you join.

12 teams, Superflex, Best Ball Dynasty, TE premium 1.5 PPR are the main settings.

Shoot me or genericone a PM. I'm technically the Commissioner but since it's a new league in a relatively new format, we're open to suggestions and genericone has been instrumental in getting this all set up.
The draft will be a rolling draft with 8 hours per pick, so we're hoping to get started soon so that we can complete it in plenty of time for the season to start. Thanks!

1 to 2 more spots available in this dynasty superflex best ball league.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Anyone interested in a dispersal to join a 96 team 8 copy all play league?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

dkj posted:

1 to 2 more spots available in this dynasty superflex best ball league.
I haven't had a chance to look at the bylaws (I'll look in the morning) but I'd like to join.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ll join as well if there’s still a spot.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
How worried are people about Calvin Ridley's foot? Writers don't seem to care but drafters certainly do. He's potentially falling to me at the end of the third round in a Dynasty Startup slow draft. I'm up next and guessing I can take him or CeeDee Lamb. Plan on grabbing my second QB on the turn as there's at least four or five guys I'd be comfortable taking.

EDIT: Thought I put superflex. It's a superflex.

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 26, 2021

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

As a Ridley owner in dynasty I'm not really concerned. If there were something about ligament damage or screws/pins going in my radar would be up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm more concerned about Antonio Gibson

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I haven't had a chance to look at the bylaws (I'll look in the morning) but I'd like to join.

Invite sent!

RCarr posted:

I’ll join as well if there’s still a spot.

We’re waiting on an answer from one other person at the moment, but if we don’t hear back in the AM, you’ve got dibs.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

kiimo posted:

I'm more concerned about Antonio Gibson

Why concerned about Gibson?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

ChocolatePancake posted:

Why concerned about Gibson?

Turf toe.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He'll probably be fine but when they said it was still a thing I was like uh oh. When it lingers that long I worry about surprise surgery.

Looking it up he seems to be okay for now

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

When he showed up to OTAs in June and was like “yeah I am still managing my toe issue to get back to 100%” and that was an injury suffered in December, that really soured me on Gibson this year. He can say he’s fine now but when they ramp up their effort level for in season football, I am very worried that the turf toe will become an issue again after a month or so.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Don't worry I traded him on my dynasty team so he is the next CMC

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1419739440369438720

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
His backups are Xavier Jones and Jake Funk; I'd keep him in bubble wrap too

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

He'll probably be fine but when they said it was still a thing I was like uh oh. When it lingers that long I worry about surprise surgery.
This is what tipped the scales in favor of me taking D'Andre Swift over him in the dynasty draft I've been posting about. That and the worry that Gibson will end up staying in a timeshare like happened in Carolina under Rivera, especially with the season a game longer now. I'm still not sure if it was the right decision.

kiimo posted:

Don't worry I traded him on my dynasty team so he is the next CMC
poo poo

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

The problem with leaning into Matthew Stafford is the changing landscape of fantasy football scoring. If you don't run, you need a historically good season to reach the top-five. Rushing is so much more valuable that a passing-only quarterback starts in a massive hole

To put it a different way, if you converted fantasy points from rushing yards and TDs into equivalent passing yards and TDs, then add them to their passing, this is where you end up last year per game

Dak, 418 yards, 2.2 TDs
Kyler, 376 yards, 2.1 TDs
Watson, 371 yards, 2.2 TDs
Mahomes, 367 yards, 2.6 TDs
Jackson, 351 yards, 2.0 TDs
Allen, 350 yards, 2.6 TDs
Wilson, 343 yards, 2.6 TDs

None of these guys were outliers, so Stafford is starting in a massive hole. He's gotta average ~350 and ~2.5 just to make it into their tier.

This is a great breakdown about why they are so close. I'm taking all the shares of Stafford that I can, but I think he's going to be the QB of the number one offense in football this year.

I'm also really low on Hurts.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Also, generally speaking it feels like passing QBs outcome is more similar to the game outcome so it looks better live. 300 passing yards and 2 TDs looks like a proficient game when watching and is worth 20 fantasy points. A running QB can look terrible and the team can get blown out and he still ends up with a similar 20 points for like 200 yards passing, 60 yards rushing and a rushing TD. I feel like there have been numerous times I check the stat tracker and a running QB has 10 more points than I expected for them losing 10 to 35 or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I like this news for Henderson. It feels reassuring when they don't need to use the preseason to see what they have at RB after the Akers injury. McVay is confirming Henderson will be the guy and they will only worry after the bullets start firing during the regular season.

And with no preseason highlights to prop him up, this should hopefully keep Henderson's ADP from rising too much. No one is gung ho about him and the rankings are probably going to lean towards the conservative side of his outcomes. He could still be a value in drafts and if he pops in Week 1, that could immediately reshape people's expectations and make him a great sell high candidate.