Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Well now they’ve revealed it there’s a C&D on the way.

Why do modders keep doing this? Just release it when it’s ready and then it’s out there. Every time they try and do a pre-release hype thing they get shitcanned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqwP6uuYOWo

This remains eternally relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Preechr posted:

Hmm, yes, let me blast all over the internet how I am making Star Wars content for another game. Surely the House of Mouse, which has had zero chill, ever, will not slap their dick down on me this time like they have for every single one of these projects that they have ever taken notice of.

The house of Mouse that has tried to copyright Thor. Not the Marvel Version, but Thor the God, that some people still actively worship.

Yeah, this is going down in flames.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's a massive Star Wars themed Skyrim mod that's been around for years.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24

Although it doesn't add new world spaces, it just jams a bunch of Star Wars poo poo into Skyrim.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Wamdoodle posted:

Reminds me how the Goldeneye levels were wiped out of the Far Cry 5 level editor after it went viral. Granted it was made in an engine that Ubisoft controls so...

Those did pop back up, though. Or maybe they got immediately taken down again, idk.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Fools! Imbeciles! Nincompoops! Your project is getting C&D'd because you spilled the beans! You blew it!

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

They didn't actually reveal any details, and aren't directly involved in the project, so maybe Disney won't be able to send a cease and desist if they can't find the project. I'm sure they are already sending out hunter killer droids to track them down though.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's annoyingly more complicated than them just revealing a Star Wars mod for another game and I think as far as us mere mortals have ever figured out there's no rhyme or reason to it. Some Star Wars mods for games have existed for a decade+ without ever getting slapped. Best guess I have is the ones that get murdered are infringing on an upcoming or planned Disney thing. The Squad Star Wars mod won't get slapped cause there's no hardcore Star Wars milsim game in the pipe, for example.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Orv posted:

It's annoyingly more complicated than them just revealing a Star Wars mod for another game and I think as far as us mere mortals have ever figured out there's no rhyme or reason to it. Some Star Wars mods for games have existed for a decade+ without ever getting slapped. Best guess I have is the ones that get murdered are infringing on an upcoming or planned Disney thing. The Squad Star Wars mod won't get slapped cause there's no hardcore Star Wars milsim game in the pipe, for example.

Please don't remind me that there will never be a sequel to Republic Commando.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Orv posted:

I will forever resent the cancellation of Imperial Commando.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqwP6uuYOWo

edit: drat i was beaten that'll teach me to not realize theres another page

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

They didn't actually reveal any details, and aren't directly involved in the project, so maybe Disney won't be able to send a cease and desist if they can't find the project. I'm sure they are already sending out hunter killer droids to track them down though.
"Hey here's this cool nameless thing that someone somewhere is working on, there's no website or any other details, signed Anonymous" seems like a good way to gauge interest/build hype without running the risk of getting a takedown notice until you remember that C&Ds themselves have zero legal standing and the copyright holder could hypothetically put up an open letter saying Whoever You Are, Quit It Immediately and refer to that in any subsequent proceedings if/when they figure out the modders' identities

Not a lawyer etc

Orv
May 4, 2011

Leal posted:

Please don't remind me that there will never be a sequel to Republic Commando.

Preechr posted:

I will forever resent the cancellation of Imperial Commando.

I'm not happy about it either! Republic Commando still fucks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Wamdoodle posted:

Reminds me how the Goldeneye levels were wiped out of the Far Cry 5 level editor after it went viral. Granted it was made in an engine that Ubisoft controls so...

More that they controlled the only distribution platform for it, I think.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

I'm not happy about it either! Republic Commando still fucks.

The dark days of LucasArts cancelling everything even remotely interesting.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Well gently caress, I found that Doki Doki Literature Club has a modding community, and I'm playing through this now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=070d-1ISBRw

Mostly to see if they manage to handle one of the characters' issues with any sensitivity, like the Plus side stories did.

Also because I really like the song the picked for the title screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I10uxTHryVc

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

John Murdoch posted:

Those did pop back up, though. Or maybe they got immediately taken down again, idk.

Oh neat! I hadn't realized. I heard about the nuking and tuned out because it seemed like it would be final.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Rimworld has recently dropped their Ideology expansion which lets you pick what beliefs your pawns have. One of them is "free love" and pawns will start becoming lovers left and right. When pawns become lovers they want to share a bed with their lover. This can cause an issue with there being 2 spots on a bed and you got a 3 or more person relationship going on.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2363557438&searchtext=bed

Behold, the 13 person bed.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just imagining having to get the fitted sheet on and I hate it.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

King Vidiot posted:

I mean, we already have Lydia and Serana, what other companions do you really need?

Brhuce Hammar

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Orv posted:

Just imagining having to get the fitted sheet on and I hate it.

gently caress fitted sheets.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dirk the Average posted:

Wrong order

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Leal posted:

Rimworld has recently dropped their Ideology expansion which lets you pick what beliefs your pawns have. One of them is "free love" and pawns will start becoming lovers left and right. When pawns become lovers they want to share a bed with their lover. This can cause an issue with there being 2 spots on a bed and you got a 3 or more person relationship going on.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2363557438&searchtext=bed

Behold, the 13 person bed.

How was this not solved before when there were mods allowing colonists to get into polyamorous relationships? I think Psychology made it so they just had to have beds in the same bedroom.

e: Ah, I see it was posted in January, so yes it was already solved.

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 25, 2021

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dirk the Average posted:

What's wrong with fitted sheets?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

How was this not solved before when there were mods allowing colonists to get into polyamorous relationships? I think Psychology made it so they just had to have beds in the same bedroom.

e: Ah, I see it was posted in January, so yes it was already solved.

A problem that still exists is that they can only bone if they're in the same bed, which is a major mood boost, so you still have to juggle beds even if multiple beds work. And multiple beds turns the room into a barracks(this has been fixed, somewhat, in 1.3 but it still shows up randomly when it shouldn't, like one case I've seen it was seen as a barracks to a pawn if their husband had a bed in the room, even if it was the same bed, but their like 6 other lovers were fine to stay, in different beds)

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 25, 2021

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ThingOne posted:

Brhuce Hammar

FYI, a revamped SSE version is closing 8n on being done.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Nalesh posted:

A problem that still exists is that they can only bone if they're in the same bed, which is a major mood boost, so you still have to juggle beds even if multiple beds work. And multiple beds turns the room into a barracks(this has been fixed, somewhat, in 1.3 but it still shows up randomly when it shouldn't, like one case I've seen it was seen as a barracks to a pawn if their husband had a bed in the room, even if it was the same bed, but their like 6 other lovers were fine to stay, in different beds)

Even better, they both have to be asleep in the same bed for the possible event to trigger (MTBF x hours) to wake up in the middle of the night to gently caress. Like there's no motivation or conscious choice leading the pawns to take any action, the universe just flips a coin to decide whether 2 unconscious people accidentally bumble their way into copulation.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Skippy McPants posted:

What's wrong with fitted sheets?

In my experience, mostly storage. I have never learned how to fold a fitted sheet and NOT have it come out to be a goddamn nightmare afterward, even the Foolproof Techniques everyone seems to have turn into disaster in my hands. Plus, if you're a restless sleeper there's a good chance you'll just yank the fitted sheets off as you toss and turn anyway, thus lending to you get elastic bands for holding it on.

silentsnack posted:

Even better, they both have to be asleep in the same bed for the possible event to trigger (MTBF x hours) to wake up in the middle of the night to gently caress. Like there's no motivation or conscious choice leading the pawns to take any action, the universe just flips a coin to decide whether 2 unconscious people accidentally bumble their way into copulation.

"I fell on top of her, while I was naked, it wasn't sexual assault". Good to see Rimworld is still Rimworld. :allears:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 25, 2021

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

silentsnack posted:

Pretty sure it only happens if they're lovers though. You can assign two people who aren't in a relationship to the same double bed, but they're understandably not happy about it. And, to be fair, in the past it only had to handle two people who were lovers in the same assigned bed, so making them do the deed when they were both in bed at the same time on a random chance was perfectly reasonable.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I got an itch for Oblivion and went to look at the mod scene for it. On the front page of nexus I find... Well uh

:nms: This :nms:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Only the mad hold sway here now.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean it's rimworld so there are already all the necessary systems in place for colonists to arbitrarily decide to bunk off work to gently caress in a cupboard and paint the room in fluids in the process. It's just that at the moment they only gently caress in bed.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Leal posted:

I got an itch for Oblivion and went to look at the mod scene for it. On the front page of nexus I find... Well uh

:nms: This :nms:

im the "Animals, Creatures, Mounts & Horses" tag

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I presume BSA stands for balls, poo poo, and rear end?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

sebmojo posted:

Nah, it's an uncompressor.

I'd figure people who make mods like this prefer their balls compressed :downsrim:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sebmojo posted:

BSA is the general extension for compressed files in games on their engine. Fallout and TES games use em.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That's right. I believe the file format made its debut in either Morrowind or Redguard. It stands for balls, poo poo, and rear end

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jul 27, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/52284

I found the best mod for Skyrim

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
(for those that are wondering what's the actual meaning, it's Bethesda Software (or maybe Softworks?) Archive)

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
...I spent good five minutes pondering about the "Summon Nazeem Spells" mod and how can its actual meaning be Bethesda Software Archive. Then I scrolled a few posts higher. :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Is there a resource on how to extract/reinject files from modern Unity games without paying the DevX tax? UABE and uTinyRipper won't even touch the files in question, AssetStudio will get them out but not back in, the official bundle tools don't want to install.