Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

magusperivallon posted:

1. I am not Seraph.
2. If you would like to engage in an actual debate, you could begin by reading the original post, then if you have questions regarding sources, quote specific sections, and we can go from there.

1. You're probably Seraph, but even if you aren't you're doing an impressive job being as insufferable as he is.
2. gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

magusperivallon posted:

We need a major system disruption in order to make the transformative societal change that is necessary to stop the planet from warming humans into extinction. Bitcoin, the decentralized digital currency, may be the very disruption that we need.

I suppose making everyone spend two hours trying to buy some groceries could be called a transformative societal change....

Powder keg
Jul 25, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Illuminti posted:

I suppose making everyone spend two hours trying to buy some groceries could be called a transformative societal change....

Super Foul Egg posted:

The real final form of Seraph briefly turned up in QCS late last year, performing a grand reveal of what anyone who has ever read any of his posts already knew.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3947567

After careful deliberation the decision to gently caress off was upheld, but everyone who reads his lucrative brainworms should at least be aware of this before deciding on what level to engage (it is pity).

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

A visual representation of the lifecycle of Seraph reregs:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Why is everything seraph writes so creepily sexual

Does he think he's a dom or something

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

Powder keg posted:

Yeah, it does actually. It sounds like you've described every SA nocoiner with the audacity to continue posting in these threads.

Because, objectively, you are the ones who have been owned. There's irrefutable evidence I was telling you all to capitulate to Bitcoin when it was sub-$200 six years ago.

And you didn't. And you still won't. You are stubborn, you are arrogant, and you are wrong. And you will continue to be financially punished for your arrogance every day until the day you capitulate to Bitcoin.

You are, and forever will be, owned. It is currently 1627281203 unix epoch time. July 26th, 2021. 02:34 Eastern Standard Time. 1 Bitcoin is trading for 38,780 US dollars.

Kneel.

Funny how we weren't owned when it fell from $62000 to $29000. We only started being owned once number go up some again.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
"with the audacity to continue posting in these threads"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Where's that one tweet about how the amazing thing about the internet is that people will just walk up to you and start talking like a JRPG boss, even as you only respond 'lol. lmao. gently caress off'

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

who is Seraph, I am Guy Incognito

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Where's that one tweet about how the amazing thing about the internet is that people will just walk up to you and start talking like a JRPG boss, even as you only respond 'lol. lmao. gently caress off'

his particular JRPG boss is sephiroth, who is not now and never was cool

Powder keg
Jul 25, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amazon-set-to-accept-cryptocurrency

quote:

Amazon has confirmed to Business Insider that it is going to accept cryptocurrencies, but did not reveal when exactly this is set to happen.
Welp, GG close, nocoiners. That's the ball game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXiYXfrPeF0

Credit where credit is due, you fought like demons. But you lost. It's over. In hindsight, this was inevitable.

Hobologist posted:

Funny how we weren't owned when it fell from $62000 to $29000. We only started being owned once number go up some again.
You were always owned, from the moment the first post was made about Bitcoin on these forums. You will continue to be owned forever, long after the information in the posts on these ancient forums has faded from history.

All that short term fiat trading price movement is noise, by the way. Bitcoin had a much stronger value proposition during the recent dip to 29k than it did at its ATH of ~65k, before taproot had been locked in.

If you want to evaluate Bitcoin in terms of its trading price against worthless fiat government currency, I'd argue there are only four meaningful points of data. One every four years starting on January 9th, 2009. That's not a very robust dataset! That's why fiat price is one of the worst metrics by which to evaluate Bitcoin. Nonetheless, a picture is beginning to emerge here, slowly but surely. Do you see it, reader? Has the situation become clear to you yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaxq3iggMdM

Powder keg fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 26, 2021

Powder keg
Jul 25, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz9iCgiSZrM

Powder keg
Jul 25, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68P3INpmLJE

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?

It's almost over, it's just begun. Don't over think this. Look in my eyes.

Don't be scared, don't be shy. Come on in, the waters fine.

Powder keg fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jul 26, 2021

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
idk how being so cringe that nobody would willingly agree with you is supposed to win us over, but i really dont think its working

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

junan_paalla posted:

idk how being so cringe that nobody would willingly agree with you is supposed to win us over, but i really dont think its working

Open pedophiles rarely understand how their posts come across to others

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

magusperivallon posted:

1. I am not Seraph.
2. If you would like to engage in an actual debate, you could begin by reading the original post, then if you have questions regarding sources, quote specific sections, and we can go from there.

You are definitely not Seraph, you didn't post YouTube videos with your wall of text or any of your other posts.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Powder keg posted:

All that short term fiat trading price movement is noise, by the way. Bitcoin had a much stronger value proposition during the recent dip to 29k than it did at its ATH of ~65k, before taproot had been locked in.

If you want to evaluate Bitcoin in terms of its trading price against worthless fiat government currency, I'd argue there are only four meaningful points of data. One every four years starting on January 9th, 2009. That's not a very robust dataset! That's why fiat price is one of the worst metrics by which to evaluate Bitcoin. Nonetheless, a picture is beginning to emerge here, slowly but surely. Do you see it, reader? Has the situation become clear to you yet?

I remember one time you tried to own me by saying you went to school for computer science even though it's exceedingly obvious you are an absolute moron when it comes to understanding how computers work. Congratulations on getting lucky and Mr Magooing into some extra cash with your laptop I guess.

Powder keg
Jul 25, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Beached Whale posted:

I remember one time you tried to own me by saying you went to school for computer science even though it's exceedingly obvious you are an absolute moron when it comes to understanding how computers work. Congratulations on getting lucky and Mr Magooing into some extra cash with your laptop I guess.
Uh huh. I dropped out, not that it matters. Something something appeal to authority fallacy.

The whole point of Bitcoin is that it doesn't matter who has the computer science degree and who doesn't. Your codebase contributions either offer mathematically transparent benefits to the protocol, or they do not. Network participants will recognize, discuss, and implement a beneficial upgrade whether it comes from a well respected 60 year old double-phd in computer science and game theory MIT professor or a random pseudonymous 13 year old prodigy from some remote island in the Pacific. The protocol is person-agnostic.

Powder keg fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jul 26, 2021

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

junan_paalla posted:

He's just trying to post fast and hard enough that it never sinks in that Not Bitcoin is not the Blue Team to Bitcoin's Red, it's just a diverse collection of people who think the NEET Ponzi is extremely funny to begin with, and only increases in entertainment when the winners of the doomed magic bean lottery burst in Not Mad while waving deranged essays nobody cares to read.

Worse people are regularly born into or possess more money than any of these goofs ever made on buttcoin, yet still the newly-minted never grasp that you can't just buy your way out of being an internet-raised, arrestedly developed dipshit. If you successfully left someone else holding the bag, congrats, but either 'work on yourself' a whole bunch more (use the money to get professional help!) or commit to the bit and buy a loving sweets room mansion in LA to live out the rest of your days as the miserable social pariah you are.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

Super Foul Egg posted:

Worse people are regularly born into or possess more money than any of these goofs ever made on buttcoin, yet still the newly-minted never grasp that you can't just buy your way out of being an internet-raised, arrestedly developed dipshit. If you successfully left someone else holding the bag, congrats, but either 'work on yourself' a whole bunch more (use the money to get professional help!) or commit to the bit and buy a loving sweets room mansion in LA to live out the rest of your days as the miserable social pariah you are.

Isn't this what Notch did? He bought a $70m mansion in Beverly Hills and he still can't resist spending all day on Twitter posting anti trans bullshit.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Powder keg posted:

Uh huh. I dropped out, not that it matters. Something something appeal to authority fallacy.

The whole point of Bitcoin is that it doesn't matter who has the computer science degree and who doesn't. Your codebase contributions either offer mathematically transparent benefits to the protocol, or they do not. Network participants will recognize, discuss, and implement a beneficial upgrade whether it comes from a well respected 60 year old double-phd in computer science and game theory MIT professor or a random pseudonymous 13 year old prodigy from some remote island in the Pacific. The protocol is person-agnostic.

Speaking as someone who didn't drop out of their computer science course and is now an actual paid programmer, this is complete bullshit.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

Powder keg posted:

It actually matters a lot because you're too much of an idiot to realize that a goosed up Merkle Tree is not computationally efficient in any capacity for executing financial transactions on a large scale. None of the large payment processors, banks, or financial institutions are using blockchain in any capacity, because it's a giant loving waste of resources. I'd say go back to school so you can learn this stuff but I don't think they accept crypto so you're probably out of luck.

Powder keg
Jul 25, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Let us not talk falsely now, the hours getting late.

How fortunate and terrible for us that we were born when we were. Our decisions in this lifetime will matter more than those of any other era of humanity in the history of the Earth.

We and we alone get to decide whether this species will one day venture to the stars, or be snuffed out in the cradle, so soon after we took our first steps.

The gravity of our situation cannot possibly be overstated. The existence of an unfathomable number of future human lives falls on our shoulders.

I humbly urge you all not take the burden of this ethical responsibility lightly.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
can i get a butt coin in here

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

this thread has gotten so sad and embarassing since an actual coiner started posting in it jesus christ

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm seeing double here! Four Seraphs!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Powder keg posted:

Let us not talk falsely now, the hours getting late.

How fortunate and terrible for us that we were born when we were. Our decisions in this lifetime will matter more than those of any other era of humanity in the history of the Earth.

We and we alone get to decide whether this species will one day venture to the stars, or be snuffed out in the cradle, so soon after we took our first steps.

The gravity of our situation cannot possibly be overstated. The existence of an unfathomable number of future human lives falls on our shoulders.

I humbly urge you all not take the burden of this ethical responsibility lightly.

You genuinely think this is good writing, huh

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

buttcoin

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
so if we all adopt bitcoin, humanity will get to collectively wank in space?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

seraph you should try rhyming couplets
while you were busy having sex I studied the hyperbitcoinization

Powder keg
Jul 25, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Somfin posted:

You genuinely think this is good writing, huh
I think it's honest writing.

Alan Smithee posted:

while you were busy having sex I studied the hyperbitcoinization
lol

Powder keg
Jul 25, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Alan Smithee posted:

gently caress, missed this the first time. I like where your head is at!

Powder keg
Jul 25, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
What is your stance on being vaccinated from the virus that causes COVID-19 seraph

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

tyvm

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Maybe Seraph is a rampant AI who is set to operate the Tether printer.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nessus posted:

Maybe Seraph is a rampant AI who is set to operate the Tether printer.

:justbrrr:

Powder keg
Jul 25, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Mercury_Storm posted:

What is your stance on being vaccinated from the virus that causes COVID-19 seraph
As a healthcare worker, my stance is that we're role models for the greater population, and that comes with an ethical responsibility. In fact, I think that responsibility ought to be encoded into law. I think healthcare employers should have the right to fire any employee who refuses vaccination without a valid documented medical reason signed off on by a medical doctor. Including mental health care workers.

Science deniers in our field should first and foremost be educated compassionately, patiently, and respectfully.

But those healthcare workers who are unwilling to learn should be systematically rooted out of healthcare.

The harm caused is very real, needless, and measurable. There must be absolutely zero tolerance.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

all this bitcoin "wealth" and you're not even retired smh

being retired is pretty cool, I guess you'll find out if you get there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powder keg
Jul 25, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Thankfully, some people have the sense to agree:

https://www.cleveland.com/coronavirus/2021/06/houston-hospital-system-fires-workers-for-refusing-covid-19-vaccine.html

https://www.fox19.com/2021/07/08/ohio-hospital-system-will-require-vaccine-all-employees/

It ought to be more than just hospitals.