Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Yeah same here. poo poo like fecal lasagna and the old saga of Mr. Water are some of my favorite classic SA memories.

What's even funnier is so many people just write us off as idiots when they look at the front page and find out you have to pay to post on our forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I wonder if there are people who just come to somethingawful.com to look at humorous articles and dont even know about the forum.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

ohnonotme didn't end up taking the benzos to SA. They lost access to that account but registered another one and posted that they'd tapered off and were clean. personally I'm glad.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I wonder if there are people who just come to somethingawful.com to look at humorous articles and dont even know about the forum.

There's a forums??

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Randabis posted:

Yeah same here. poo poo like fecal lasagna and the old saga of Mr. Water are some of my favorite classic SA memories.

What's even funnier is so many people just write us off as idiots when they look at the front page and find out you have to pay to post on our forums.

i mean we're definitely idiots. Have you seen the state of the world in 2021? That's with 'successful' people running things.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Regarde Aduck posted:

i mean we're definitely idiots. Have you seen the state of the world in 2021? That's with 'successful' people running things.

Yeah I know we had a steak salesman who liked to grab women by the pussy as president; I've been paying attention.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Sorry I am late everyone, but did anyone say Lust Fraud?

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Yes thanks so much! God the stories are so much lower effort than i remember, and the defences way dumber.

pond posted:

Funny how it becomes so trendy to jump in and call bullshit once there are enough people that you blend in amongst the troles. (that's the eastern european spelling)

Foodpie, do you have any pictures of some of your wounds? I'm curious to see how a gunshot hole heals. Also, do people at a hospital give you a hard time when your explanation for your injury is that you fell on a bullet or something?

Why would you ask for bullet wound photos from someone you know is lying? You was him to do special effects?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Yes thanks so much! God the stories are so much lower effort than i remember, and the defences way dumber.

Why would you ask for bullet wound photos from someone you know is lying? You was him to do special effects?

because its funny as hell to see people scramble trying to come up with something

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Frank Frank posted:

Martin Random?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

See also: Edgecrusher, Joey Vapes, Angry Bee Dance, and many, many more.

so much lore... mixing together in my mind

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Reading these threads lead me to reading some of the other Helldump threads in archive, and Foodpie seems to have been active in Helldump. How he thought he could get away with his story is just beyond me. :confused:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Lor posted:

Reading these threads lead me to reading some of the other Helldump threads in archive, and Foodpie seems to have been active in Helldump. How he thought he could get away with his story is just beyond me. :confused:

The number of people who bought into the story is incredibly funny

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

RFC2324 posted:

because its funny as hell to see people scramble trying to come up with something

Yeah hopefully it was a "let him keep embarrassing himself w/o ruining it by touching the poop" post than sincere.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Yeah hopefully it was a "let him keep embarrassing himself w/o ruining it by touching the poop" post than sincere.

one thing the internet has taught me is that demanding proof leads to either comedy or tragedy, and even the tragedy is usually funny anyway

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

Desert Bus posted:

Who was the Goon that tied a string around one of their toes in order to force an amputation to escape a shady Mexican rehab place? I remember he had some other... interesting posts. I think he posted a pic of his foot post-amputation.

Don Danger: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3136332

Don Danger posted:

I chat regularly with some dudes from TCC in Facebook and they can attest that I'm not that dangerous at all. Buuuut... I just did a Rat-stuck in a rat-trap stunt.

I got stuck in rehab again, because a friend got into trouble, told his mom I had sold him the morphine, which I WOULD'T sell were I able to score some easily, and got me into trouble at home.
I was in an art exposition having a few drinks and watching snobby crap, mostly enjoying the company of friends, music, the free whiskey and the free wine.

So, I arrive home at night after having a discussion with my mom by phone, unrelated to the alleged drug-selling I supposedly did. When I DO arrive I was stumbling, had a little bottle of whiskey in my coat's pocket, went right into my room, popped some k-pins and drank my bottle.
When my mom comes, it was pretty fuckin late, she woke me up and told me I was going to rehab for a YEAR for dealing drugs.

gently caress, that, I grab my coat and run outside to be greeted by the rehab-squad. They punched me, kicked me and slapped me all the way to the facility, giving me aweful bruises. Ok, "gently caress them" I think, I'll get out of here before 4/20.
So, I asked an old dude for a rubberband and wrapped it around my finger until it got kinda purple, everyone ignored me.
Did it again, it got kinda green, again ignored.
Again, it got gray, creepy and had a huge pustule. Now everyone freaked out but still waited for one loving day.

When they take me handcuffed to the hospital and release the cuffs inside, the doc comes inside, I just roll up my sleeves and show the damage that was done... the finger's death was just an excuse to get an outsider to see the damage. He looks all concerned and says he'll be back. Score. The Attorneys at General Justice come and take a look at the case.

Basically this all around both arms and legs, picture is old, this is what happened last year in the same place.

The finger in case looks like this:

Sorry, I don't have my good camera with me.

Well, they're now basically making GBS threads their pants, my mom granted me freedom which was my original intention (cuz gently caress! A YEAR STUCK SOMEWHERE?) and just got an attorney to press charges, unless Mr Oyervides wants to settle this out of court.
I got 3 MD's supporting the case, like 8 people still stuck inside that got to watch the beatdown (and also want OUT NOW), the people from the Attorneys at General Justice trying as hard to crack down on violent rehab centers and everyone who gets money from that place scared shitless. (According to a friend that still goes there from time to time, they left people painting last night and cleaned/washed everything to make the place seem nice, also reopened the "gym" which is not functional at all, it's just a set of old rusty dumbells, barbells and a smelly punching bag).

So...
If I get to keep my finger, cool. If not, I'm getting a tatt of a rat biting it's own leg off. Also, got my fucker friend to come clean to my mom and tell her they were his, but he just wanted to get some heat off of him, she agreed to keep it quiet. Mom's pretty cool, just not down with me breaking the law (selling drugs).

Note: Finger = toe, it's a Spanish to English translation thing and OP uses them interchangably.

pandy fackler has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Jul 26, 2021

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

ohnonotme didn't end up taking the benzos to SA. They lost access to that account but registered another one and posted that they'd tapered off and were clean. personally I'm glad.

Me too, considering iirc he was an offshore oil rig engineer

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

some guy just autobanned in gbs over the lovely amazon mmo that i still can't believe anyone is playing

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rockman Reserve posted:

some guy just autobanned in gbs over the lovely amazon mmo that i still can't believe anyone is playing

I keep thinking I should check it out, but otoh I can't even remember the name of it long enough to check reviews

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The only reason I even know it exists is from seeing reports that it's bricking certain graphics cards :byoscience:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Why do people autoban in gbs? Or at all? Like if 50% of your posts are in games and you're a recognised poster there currently melting down why not throw the gently caress you at them ?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

angerbeet posted:

JRE was a poster.

There's also the old thread X JAKK posted about urethral sounding, causing his penis to "spray blood like laser beams" - here (warning, 2004 GBS) but (un?)fortunately the pictures are lost to time.
That's not my X JAKK memory.

So back in the day Lowtax was dating Integral and elpintogrande was dating Fistgrrl. Everyone in that sentence was an admin at the time. Anyway, EPG made a thread "Fistgrrl: Please report to the Love Gym" where he made a really nice and heartfelt post about how much he loved her. It may even have been a wedding proposal, my memory is fuzzy. Anywho, Lowtax knew about this beforehand and also prepared a thread "Integral: Please report to the Love Barn" which had Jeff K style mspaints. Then X JAKK made a third thread called "YOU: REPORT TO THE LOVE ... SOMETHING" and all I'm gonna say is it was bad and involved self harm.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

RFC2324 posted:

I keep thinking I should check it out, but otoh I can't even remember the name of it long enough to check reviews

I'm embarrassed to admit that I remembered it was called New World through a logic chain of Amazon (the company) > Amazon (the rainforest) > Capitalism/Colonialism > Colonizing the New World > Oh yeah, New World

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

christmas boots posted:

I'm embarrassed to admit that I remembered it was called New World through a logic chain of Amazon (the company) > Amazon (the rainforest) > Capitalism/Colonialism > Colonizing the New World > Oh yeah, New World

Commendable deduction.

I would have just googled "Amazon MMO" long before making that connection.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Roth posted:

Commendable deduction.

I would have just googled "Amazon MMO" long before making that connection.

tbh I think my subconscious already had the answer and just fed it back to me in reverse.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

CannonFodder posted:

That's not my X JAKK memory.

So back in the day Lowtax was dating Integral and elpintogrande was dating Fistgrrl. Everyone in that sentence was an admin at the time. Anyway, EPG made a thread "Fistgrrl: Please report to the Love Gym" where he made a really nice and heartfelt post about how much he loved her. It may even have been a wedding proposal, my memory is fuzzy. Anywho, Lowtax knew about this beforehand and also prepared a thread "Integral: Please report to the Love Barn" which had Jeff K style mspaints. Then X JAKK made a third thread called "YOU: REPORT TO THE LOVE ... SOMETHING" and all I'm gonna say is it was bad and involved self harm.

Probably before my time, though it sounds familiar. Definitely sounds like X JAKK though.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

yeah that's the X JAKK I remember.

Who was the extremely disgruntled school IT guy from around then? For some reason I absolutely can't recall his name.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

yeah that's the X JAKK I remember.

Who was the extremely disgruntled school IT guy from around then? For some reason I absolutely can't recall his name.
Tossed Salad Man. I met him at :gooncamp: and we even carpooled there one time.

He worked at the same school system where I went to school but started working there after I graduated so we never met before Gooncamp.

I remember he went busking with a "Will fix your computer for food" sign while dressed in a button up and kahkis. And it worked. He ended up fixing someone's computer and printer situation and got dinner and some cash.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 01:44 on Jul 27, 2021

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ilmucche posted:

Why do people autoban in gbs? Or at all? Like if 50% of your posts are in games and you're a recognised poster there currently melting down why not throw the gently caress you at them ?

I think the autobans are automatically redirected to GBS? They use to go to the gas chamber but then there was no way to make fun of being a huge pissbaby autobanning over dumbass poo poo like an unreleased MMO

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

bradzilla posted:

I think the autobans are automatically redirected to GBS? They use to go to the gas chamber but then there was no way to make fun of being a huge pissbaby autobanning over dumbass poo poo like an unreleased MMO

Jeffrey changed it so it stays in the origin forum. My guess is GBS is just the first one you click on.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
GBS is a big forum, you could autoban in like.... Coupons and Deals but nobody would notice except to get mad it wasn't a good Coupon or Deal

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
if you don't want to post here change your password and contact email to aopigaGKIA;OJ or whatever other keyboard flailing. or just leave and don't come back? i find autobanning a profoundly strange behaviour.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Randabis posted:

Like I said there's a lot more to a lot of these goons then we ever tell in fear of being doxxed/touching poop/having the internet become real life/etc. I already outted who I actually am and goons just didn't care so oh well. :)

Read my post history if you want to you might find some interesting dirt.

can you post the dirt in this thread instead

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Why should I do so? Are you a narc?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CoolCab posted:

if you don't want to post here change your password and contact email to aopigaGKIA;OJ or whatever other keyboard flailing. or just leave and don't come back? i find autobanning a profoundly strange behaviour.
It's the praxis of "gently caress YOU, gently caress YOU, gently caress YOU, YOU'RE COOL, AND gently caress YOU I'M OUT"

Speaking of, I just saw something that reminded me of another old rear end SA thing.

Infinitum posted:

YES! THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!

Infinitum italicized, underlined, and bolded that message, which is actually pretty easy with keyboard shortcuts or Awful app tools. But back in the day, there was a special BB code move "mod" that did all three at once. And no, it was not restricted to moderators, but like many things here it got ridden into the ground and was removed. Spoiler text also almost got removed completely because of overuse, and strikethrough went away for a time.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Randabis posted:

Why should I do so? Are you a narc?

There is nothing more useless and tedious on this forum than someone posting "I have all this cool poo poo to share, it will amaze you!!" and then not posting it. :justpost: is an emote for a reason.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

we got so far without noticing the guy with a honking vuvuzela begging for attention and u had to gently caress it up

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

There is nothing more useless and tedious on this forum than someone posting "I have all this cool poo poo to share, it will amaze you!!" and then not posting it. :justpost: is an emote for a reason.

Sometimes that comes up in a story thread where the person has a choice of stories that will take a while to write up, and just conveying the idea of “all those are good just slam on the keyboard”.

Those threads are few and far between which reminds me I should make a new EMS stories thread in GBS, it’s been like three years since the last one.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I’m just going to assume they were a human trafficker. And let me tell you buddy, I’m so disappointed in you.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

angerbeet posted:

GBS is a big forum, you could autoban in like.... Coupons and Deals but nobody would notice except to get mad it wasn't a good Coupon or Deal

Bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Are kid gloves on or off? Doctor speak....