Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

luchadornado posted:

Was there ever a payoff to Scorpio winning the giant foam Cheerio?

he's often referred to as "the face of the revolution", which is a pretty good moniker, it was a big match and he won, so it's like a difficult xbox cheevo on his record that gets mentioned at times, he may have lost the title match, but its still propping him up a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
what revolution lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

what revolution lol

It was on Dark

because the revolution will not be televised :rimshot:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

sticklefifer posted:

It's one of the first things Sami Callihan did in the title match with Kenny last week though, so maybe they won't want to repeat a spot from a very recent Impact PPV.

If a tree falls on a show and no ones around does it make a sound

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
The title of ChocoPro's livestream right now is "Emi Sakura is going to America!!! #AEW's next Champ?" so, I look forward to seeing more of her than I already do.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
you know who has really grown on me as a character? Mark Stirling. he's great on the mic but i just love the idea that any time a wrestler needs some type of legal legitimacy lent to an angle he's going to be standing there because he's the wrestling lawyer who can bump

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

It's one of the first things Sami Callihan did in the title match with Kenny last week though, so maybe they won't want to repeat a spot from a very recent Impact PPV.

I don't know what kind of numbers that PPV did but the most recent Impact pulled like 100K viewers. Even if people were dimly aware of the results of the PPV I doubt many watched it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

DeathChicken posted:

It was pretty funny how Scorpio had that big "I'm not being held down anymore!" promo, then he just kind of lost to Cody and disappeared until the thing with Ethan Page months later

Don't forget a feud with Shawn Spears. I think he lost a 1v1 against him at one point? then few months later Spears sat down for a promo and was like "this feud sucks, the powerglove sucks. Let's just not for a while."

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

smarxist posted:

you know who has really grown on me as a character? Mark Stirling. he's great on the mic but i just love the idea that any time a wrestler needs some type of legal legitimacy lent to an angle he's going to be standing there because he's the wrestling lawyer who can bump

He's been my guy since the day I was behind him in the Dunkin Donuts drive thru.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
and now Sky is clinging to Ethan Page's leg and they're both over in a good act! things work out

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lid posted:

If a tree falls on a show and no ones around does it make a sound

To be clear, I'm not saying they might not want to repeat the spot because it's repetitive, but because it was used on an Impact PPV.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

To be clear, I'm not saying they might not want to repeat the spot because it's repetitive, but because it was used on an Impact PPV.

The same point applies.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder if he has unrestricted access to any of the wrestlers because while this could be interesting, I don’t know that this would be the first thing I’d book if given the opportunity.

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1419408365084717633?s=21

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder if he has unrestricted access to any of the wrestlers because while this could be interesting, I don’t know that this would be the first thing I’d book if given the opportunity.

idk who else you would want to book. You got Luther. You got serpentico and dustin on ringside. Like, what else could make this better?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It is however, exactly what the deadlock podcast would book.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

smarxist posted:

He's great. We've given him a bunch of craft beer and he drank my friends cider while recording a podcast episode. (not the wrestling figures one, the beer one, Off the Hop Rope)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

kitten emergency posted:

at least aew never booked danhausen

Do you think TK has him under some sort of banhausen?

E: may they just haven't come up with a good planhausen

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I would book Luther vs everyone on the roster in a beat the snake man challenge.

I will not elaborate

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

My Lovely Horse posted:

Nick Gage heating the crowd up for a pizza cutter spot, reaching into first one, then the other pocket, then patting his pockets in confusion

Two days later on the vlog: Dark Order are enjoying some pizza backstage

Nick Gage should pull a pizza cutter out of one pocket then a tiny pizza out of the other and cut slices for himself and Jericho

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TV Zombie posted:

Not enough talk about how a man who won a contest on Sunday was able to book a match taped 4 days earlier.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ganso Bomb posted:

Nick Gage should pull a pizza cutter out of one pocket then a tiny pizza out of the other and cut slices for himself and Jericho

Recreate that Matt Hardy pizza eating contest but with Gage instead of MVP.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Not enough talk about how a man who won a contest on Sunday was able to book a match taped 4 days earlier.

Dark and Dark Elevation exist outside of the timeline

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

Recreate the King of the Hill WD40 joke but with pizza cutters

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Nick Gage should wrestle a completely technical match just to mess with Jericho, not a single weapon gets used and if Jericho tries to set up a table or something, Gage very carefully puts it away.

Then he pulls out a weedwhacker and goes nuts in the last few minutes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Nick Gage should sing judas really off key and put emphasis on the cum word in I’m become I’m become I’m becoming for fifteen mins straight

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

That's a pretty good point.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Leaning into the "chairman" gimmick is the best thing they've done with Shawn Spears. Just have chair dimensions everywhere, Tony.

Also Seth Rollins doing the black glove thing at the same time made that an instant turd.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Leaning into the "chairman" gimmick is the best thing they've done with Shawn Spears. Just have chair dimensions everywhere, Tony.

I have good news about chair storage.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Endless Mike posted:

I seriously want to know whose idea "Spears makes the O face for a minute after hitting someone with a chair and it's filmed in loving close ups every time" was, because they deserve a raise.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Endless Mike posted:

Shawn Spears belongs in GCW as Brett Lauderdale's right hand man. That dude has so many problems reeling in the other wrestlers from using the rental chairs.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Shinjobi posted:

CM Punk should come out to Sonic the Hedgehog music

which track? pick one

Gangsta's Paradise.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's a pretty good point.

When they applied/were invited, they had to pre-submit their booking idea?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

projecthalaxy posted:

That's a pretty good answer.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

It's remarkable how much better he got once he just went full Chair Pervert.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Contest pretaped too obviously

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nick Gage should sing judas really off key and put emphasis on the cum word in I’m become I’m become I’m becoming for fifteen mins straight

Until the music video added subtitles I thought this part was "let me cum, let me cum, let me cum man" so I thought the song was about orgasm denial

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
somehow until the recent fork discussion i didnt think of editing clips from the mox/archer match with audio from Bioforge during the fight with Caynan at the start of the game. unfortunately I am hopeless with editing so just the idea of what could be has to amuse me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eaGm2gMMzk&t=480s

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

So they taped all the ideas and attached the disclaimer to the one by the guy who won?

Not a bad idea to fill an episode tbh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey, is it five labors, then MJF, or is MJF the fifth labor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

Hey, is it five labors, then MJF, or is MJF the fifth labor?

The former.