Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Groovelord Neato posted:

The biggest hurdle to these people getting the vaccine is they never thought the pandemic was real or a big deal to begin with.

https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/status/1418224536185671680?s=20

This is the psycho that wrote the infamous Flight 93 Election essay.

Not surprised to see that psycho is involved with Hillsdale College

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

greazeball posted:

Well you see, simple commoner, modern journalists must achieve the highest state of enlightenment so that they can report the facts with pure objectivity and complete neutrality. None of these opinions or lived experiences which cloud the judgement of lesser beings. Which leads to situations where a journalist who has publicly discussed surviving sexual assault has to be banned from reporting on anything to do with sexual assaults in general lest the public get the impression that the reporter thinks that sexual assault is bad.

https://twitter.com/jasoncherkis/status/1418574114785308677

Taking a side on the issue of sexual assault is bad. Jesus. This is like that loving dril tweet about drunk driving.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rainbow Knight posted:

everyone's a badass cowboy until they drive their expensive truck into a minority neighborhood, then it's locked doors and imaginary gang signs.

All the old guys on FB always comment about how "law abiding citizens" should come to town and teach us to show respect or whatever. I always get a laugh because those old fucks wouldn't even park their car in this town, much less do anything.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

https://youtu.be/CcaHVJw79jo

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Zeroisanumber posted:

All the old guys on FB always comment about how "law abiding citizens" should come to town and teach us to show respect or whatever. I always get a laugh because those old fucks wouldn't even park their car in this town, much less do anything.

Yeah I want some lessons in badassitude taught by dudes who can't parallel park or digest fajitas.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Yeah I want some lessons in badassitude taught by dudes who can't parallel park or digest fajitas.

Real badasses don't parallel park like queers or eat fajitas like liberal limp wristed snowflakes!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah these people in their big gently caress off trucks can get right out of my face with their bullshit. They're loud, mean, tailgate me doing 80 and passing someone in the fast lane and really like to make a show about what they're driving. Around here they like wave flags showing how much they love cops, Trump and whatever the gently caress they think America is supposed to represent.

On I95 they seem to think it's a NASCAR race where the only goal is to be faster than anyone else. On the off roads, it's mostly just about being loud. They suck.

Counterpoint: they think four wheel drive means they get to drive 70mph in the snow and ice without a care in the world, which makes it hilarious when my Corolla goes poot-poot-pootin' down the road while they're stuck sideways in a ditch

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Counterpoint: they think four wheel drive means they get to drive 70mph in the snow and ice without a care in the world, which makes it hilarious when my Corolla goes poot-poot-pootin' down the road while they're stuck sideways in a ditch

Well, they also tend to forget that 4WD only does anything if you actually have weight over the rear wheels.

Which Trucks frequently don't.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You shouldn’t be trying to do 70 in an SUV in 4WD. In a pickup truck it’s exponentially stupid.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Well, they also tend to forget that 4WD only does anything if you actually have weight over the rear wheels.

Which Trucks frequently don't.

I thought trucks were usually rear wheel drive if not 4.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

PerniciousKnid posted:

I thought trucks were usually rear wheel drive if not 4.

Two wheels usually receive power transmission. You can select 2wdr or 4wdr when you have a 4x4. But in a 2wd truck it is definitely going to be rwd.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
At this point, I think the Trump stickers and Thin Blue Line flags are installed at the factory.

Also getting very tired at CNN amplifying Trump again. They largely ignored him for a good while but he must be good for clicks or something every day there's a top headline about Trump doing what Trumps does (lying) and an editorial to go with it pointing out his lies. It's starting to remind me of 2015 or early 2016 again and I wish they'd just ignore him because who gives a gently caress besides his cult?

Is it common practice to report every day on what one term presidents say and do after losing? Or even 2 term presidents once they leave office? I don't recall a ton of reporting on what Bill Clinton, Obama or either Bush had to say about poo poo once they were done.

I don't give a gently caress what DJT has to say about anything and I think CNN covers him more than FOX.

Also, lol there's a flagpole I drive by every day with Trump/Pence and Thin Blue Line flags that the dude obviously has to GUARD. It's way up high, surrounded by a high fence and has loving barbed wire around it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m pretty sure the head of CNN has been on record saying that Trump significantly boosted their ratings so yeah, they will probably continue to report on his dumb bullshit

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Not excusing CNN for what they’re doing, but we’ve never had a former president who is this needy for attention before.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Two wheels usually receive power transmission. You can select 2wdr or 4wdr when you have a 4x4. But in a 2wd truck it is definitely going to be rwd.

Also keep in mind only one wheel on each axle is going to turn if you do get stuck, generally it's whichever wheel on that axle has less traction and can spin free. Unless you have posi or something in which case you go through tires like toilet paper and should be re-evaluating some life decisions on vehicle choice.

4wd is great for certain things. I had a manual GMC 1500 I'd put in 4 lo and shift down to first and it would pull drat near everything I asked it to. But thinking it improves your traction on the road in poo poo conditions? Have fun with that scenic closeup of the side of the road

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 25, 2021

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Trump has essentially already started campaigning for 2024, he still holds giant fascist rallies where he advocates hatred and violence, and the Republican party is functionally the Trump party so yeah what he does is newsworthy.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I think a lot of the CNN and other mainstream coverage of Trump in the last week or so has been due to the publication of "I alone can fix it" and the authors doing their book tour and making audio of their interviews with Trump available.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Casimir Radon posted:

Not excusing CNN for what they’re doing, but we’ve never had a former president who is this needy for attention before.

i'll say this. they mostly dont both side trump and such now. its mostly shittting on the GOP openly though not as hard as any of use would like obviously.

Zwabu posted:

I think a lot of the CNN and other mainstream coverage of Trump in the last week or so has been due to the publication of "I alone can fix it" and the authors doing their book tour and making audio of their interviews with Trump available.

its that plus he did a dumb covid rally and basicaly screamed the big lie and acted like he would be back in power soon and etc. i think everyone is waiting to see when he will out and out state he is president still and try to be some anti president.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Trump has essentially already started campaigning for 2024, he still holds giant fascist rallies where he advocates hatred and violence, and the Republican party is functionally the Trump party so yeah what he does is newsworthy.

I guess.

I just hate to see it amplified and it's nothing I haven't heard before. Same petulant horseshit I hated in 2016 right on up to 7 months ago. And now. Your'e right though that I have to remind myself he's campaigning already and keeping his idiotic base fulfilled with dumb dumb juice. I guess it's just "Donald Trump says a Dumb Thing and/or has Criminal Ties" doesn't strike me as enlightening anymore.

I get you though. This shithead is 100% gonna be on the ballot in 2014 and the GOP has sold its soul to him.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1419648551747993606?s=20

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i still find it funny how much chuds loving HATED django and how they all said the movie was bad a racist against them, including trump.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i still find it funny how much chuds loving HATED django and how they all said the movie was bad a racist against them, including trump.

I mean, that fits: How dare they mock those upstanding Confederate Slavers! - A real take from the chuds.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Dapper_Swindler posted:

That's odd, I was certain they'd appreciate the brave stance of all the white people in that film using the n-word as a critique of Cancel Culture. :v:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Here come the antisemitic dog whistles in time for 2022

https://twitter.com/JDVance1/status/1419667270205382663

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It owns Vance torpedoed his (unearned) reputation as a serious person to get crushed in the primary and he seems to have no awareness of it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Turns out there's actually a "D" option for the Montana Man vs. Tucker Carlson video, and that is it's actually a plot by the White House to make Tucker Carlson look bad via a plant in a 7,000 person town.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1419468596703604736

Source: Jack's rear end

Also Ben Shapiro is suddenly very concerned about people being called out in public so that the Internet can stand up and clap.
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1419633953305202691

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
people would need to knee or get flat to get in Ben's face.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Angry_Ed posted:

Turns out there's actually a "D" option for the Montana Man vs. Tucker Carlson video, and that is it's actually a plot by the White House to make Tucker Carlson look bad via a plant in a 7,000 person town.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1419468596703604736

Source: Jack's rear end

Also Ben Shapiro is suddenly very concerned about people being called out in public so that the Internet can stand up and clap.

Forever the victim

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
lol at Shapiro complaining about "blue-checked Leftists" when he himself has a blue check mark.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Here come the antisemitic dog whistles in time for 2022

https://twitter.com/JDVance1/status/1419667270205382663

Isn't one of the huge criticisms of the ADL actually that they are far too right-wing and love to ignore Israeli settler-colonialism and treat any criticism thereof as anti-Semitic?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ADL is very much in the “Any criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic” camp.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

PT6A posted:

Isn't one of the huge criticisms of the ADL actually that they are far too right-wing and love to ignore Israeli settler-colonialism and treat any criticism thereof as anti-Semitic?
Correct

They have been pushing the ‘any criticism of Israel is inherently anti-Semitic’ line for a long time now

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

In the documentary Defamation they visit an ADL office and one of the antisemitic incidents is someone not getting a holiday off.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

PT6A posted:

Yes, but they also call out Nazis, which is uncomfortable for the party of pseudo-Nazis.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

turnip kid posted:

Yes, but they also call out Nazis, which is uncomfortable for the party of pseudo-Nazis.

Oh, I get that. I know why they don't like it, I'm just not clear on why they think it "only goes after conservatives" which is clearly bullshit. It's not a terribly popular organization with anyone at the moment, I would say.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Angry_Ed posted:

This such a freaking lame copout but a unfortunately common occurrence for disingenuous folks such as him to spin themselves as fair and unbiased. I hope everyone he tags either ignores him or tells him to gently caress off. Ugh.

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 26, 2021

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A multi millionaire who goes on tv nightly to shout rhetoric and propaganda one time was confronted by a mean person in public and that truly is what's wrong with America.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

So the new super chud sales guy I work with gave me the "nobody wants to work" crap and also a bonus "I voted for Biden to get free stuff". Dude, all that was a continuation of what Trump did and, if I remember right, was planning to do again and said Biden's relief effort was too small.

That's in a addition to it being the right thing to do and that it wasn't nearly enough but MAGA's gonna MAGA.

I know everything I need to know about this dude after about 2 weeks and maybe 2 hours of conversation. He doesn't like participation trophies and teaches Pee Wee football players TO WIN. You know, real important poo poo.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Angry_Ed posted:

Weird, that sounds alot like shapiro's shtick with conservatives. Find random libe to shout a bunch of nonsense at, declare victory, upload it so all your idiot followers can pat you on the back for being some genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

BiggerBoat posted:

So the new super chud sales guy I work with gave me the "nobody wants to work" crap and also a bonus "I voted for Biden to get free stuff". Dude, all that was a continuation of what Trump did and, if I remember right, was planning to do again and said Biden's relief effort was too small.

That's in a addition to it being the right thing to do and that it wasn't nearly enough but MAGA's gonna MAGA.

I know everything I need to know about this dude after about 2 weeks and maybe 2 hours of conversation. He doesn't like participation trophies and teaches Pee Wee football players TO WIN. You know, real important poo poo.

Just remind him that Trump was all in favor of 2k covid checks