Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's so blatantly obvious that this cash-in only happened so Charlotte can immediately win the title back. Gotta rack up them title wins somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

"I'm a giant loser and I want to feel better about myself" isn't a winning gimmick, who'd have thought it?

Everyone loves Corbin now though

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

Everyone loves Corbin now though

The real shitpost would be saying everyone loves Adam Page

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I've always thought that Harrison Ford would be the right actor to portray Vince McMahon

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Drakkel posted:

I, for one, am looking forward to this gripping true story of the scrappy underdog millionaire wrestling promoter/bodybuilding enthusiast/supplement salesman who just wants to put on some good, clean family wrestling fun but is beset at all sides by greedy wrestlers who care more about money than putting smiles on children's faces, dastardly rival promotions who want to put him out of business by putting on better shows than him, and evil mincing government thugs who want to ruin his life for literally no reason anyone can possibly imagine.

From the press release:

quote:

"The show will delve into WWE during the 1990s, at the time Rupert Murdoch had purchased the New York Post to further his massive infiltration into the U.S. media landscape. For years, infamous Post writer Phil Mushnick regularly hammered WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon in his column. Headlines like “Legislators Give WWE A Free Pass On ‘Roids” and “McMahon Skips Through the Cemetery” eventually captured the attention of the FBI and the U.S. Attorney’s office for the Southern District of New York – the nation’s most prestigious federal prosecutor’s office with a conviction rate of over 96 percent.

In 1994, the U.S. government indicted McMahon for allegedly supplying anabolic steroids to WWE talent. McMahon, with his liberty at stake, two school-aged children at home and with WWE on the brink of bankruptcy, refused to take a plea deal. Ultimately, McMahon stood trial and was acquitted unanimously by a jury of his peers and went on to build a multi-billion-dollar global sports entertainment empire."

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
wItH hIs LiBeRtY aT sTaKe lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I've always thought that Harrison Ford would be the right actor to portray Vince McMahon

How dare you say such things about Harrison Ford

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Good thing there was only one massive scandal facing this proud American and father at that time. Now that we're settled that, we can only focus on the bright future of the WWE!

This is totally going to be on the same level as United Passions. The recaps and reviews of this are going to be amazing.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

1glitch0 posted:

From the press release:

lol

School age? Aren’t Shane and Steph doing on screen poo poo like 3 or 4 years later?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Shane was loving 24 in 1994 gently caress you

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Graduate school age

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Shane was loving 24 in 1994 gently caress you

Stephanie was 18 though and I'm sure it ruined her senior year.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

graph posted:

wItH hIs LiBeRtY aT sTaKe lol

#StandWithWWE

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I imagine Vince is dumb enough to think that people won't know how old his kids are because he probably doesn't know for sure or care.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Big day for funny WWE news.

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1419704422343524356

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I loving love that Vince is STILL MAD about Phil Mushnick. THE INFAMOUS MUSHNICK.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Drakkel posted:

I loving love that Vince is STILL MAD about Phil Mushnick. THE INFAMOUS MUSHNICK.

It’s the closest he’s come to facing consequences for this actions. Of course he’s still pissed

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

My biggest takeaway is how shockingly watchable the camerawork is. Still poorly framed and missing spots, but not nauseating.

Yeah Dunn has clearly gotten worse over the last few years.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Do you think Dunn saw that clip from Taken where Liam Neeson has to climb over a fence and it somehow takes 48 camera cuts and a dozen different camera angles to do it and was like "This is it, this is what motion picture is meant to be!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

From Paul Bearer's stories it was more "If I make this poo poo incredibly convoluted and then don't teach anyone how to do it then my job is secure forever"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Do you think Dunn saw that clip from Taken where Liam Neeson has to climb over a fence and it somehow takes 48 camera cuts and a dozen different camera angles to do it and was like "This is it, this is what motion picture is meant to be!"

It definitely didn't invalidate him in his mind seeing his approach utilized in what became a film franchise worth nearly ($70mil shy of) a billion dollars at the worldwide box office

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

From Paul Bearer's stories it was more "If I make this poo poo incredibly convoluted and then don't teach anyone how to do it then my job is secure forever"

That makes a lot of sense. Wasn't there also some story where Dunn's dad saved a bunch of tapes from a fire or something too?

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I guess nothing came of that Benoit biopic starting Liev Schreiber?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

Taken 3 wasn’t as bad as Raw, there weren’t any incredibly bad-looking camera angles where they follow Liam neeson swinging a bat or other blunt object at someone and have the cameraman start violently headbanging so they can give me motion sickness

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drakkel posted:

That makes a lot of sense. Wasn't there also some story where Dunn's dad saved a bunch of tapes from a fire or something too?
Yes, the story is that this is why he will always have a job with Vince

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

NXT is about to lose another ratings war

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Fiend™ Battlemaster® WWE LEGENDS™ Katana

$199.09 + S&H

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe they're going to do a Brand Integration and say the trial was invalid because wrestlers only did steroids during The Purge

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

This is how they finally get the MyPillow guy on WWE television.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/andrewzarian/status/1419713574214250501?s=21

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuRqekN4uSw

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Wonder if Peacock cares about Saudi propaganda on their platform? Surely their sponsors might?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Big day for funny WWE news.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I just now noticed how much the Crown Jewel logo looks like Warrior's face paint

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Vince has such a weird and hypnotic voice, I wish I could get gaslit by him in real life

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
excited to see what human rights violation or execution related news comes up before they go to saudi arabia yet again

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Stephanie was 18 though

Oh yeah.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Wonder if Peacock cares about Saudi propaganda on their platform? Surely their sponsors might?

They don't and they don't. I hope that this helps you.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

dsriggs posted:

Oooooooooooo yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

KungFu Grip posted:

excited to see what human rights violation or execution related news comes up before they go to saudi arabia yet again

Well, there is the ongoing genocide they're committing, but not like that'll ever make the news.