Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm selling my TFs in lots, sort by series and usually split into villains and heroes. I try for 3 to 5 figures per lot and price them competitively. So far only two lots haven't sold out of 70. I've had a few people ask me to split up lots but I've politely declined to do so and they've sold anyways. This has all been on mercari.
It might be worth putting the time in to sell them in a similar way, you'll get more than a shop would offer you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Kenner original POTF from the 1980s or POTF2 from the 1990s?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Thanks for the suggestions, both.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Kenner original POTF from the 1980s or POTF2 from the 1990s?

Oh yeah, I wasn't clear at all. The hyperproduced 90s line, hence my poor estimation of worth. I'd have a small fortune if it were the 80s line.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Grant DaNasty posted:

The Four Horsemen have announced their Mythic Legions: evergreen legion builders. The plan is for these to always be in stock at their Store Horsemen site.

This is a great line up for newcomers.

Can't wait though it's still a year out for them. I'm glad I sold my black knight when I did and didn't buy the barbarian legion builder. I'm really enjoying this line and the Cabal, thanks to this thread for exposing me to them! I only have four more named characters to get (Urzokk, Azhar, Thord Ironjaw, and Illgar). I expect at least two of those will end up All Stars. Illgar seems like a shoo-in. Thord seems like the hardest/most expensive to find.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Thanks for the suggestions, both.

Oh yeah, I wasn't clear at all. The hyperproduced 90s line, hence my poor estimation of worth. I'd have a small fortune if it were the 80s line.

Yeah, I was going to say that the POTF 80s line would be worth more but figured it was the 1990s given the Slave I mention. I would have offered to buy the 1980s but honestly you might not even get a bite from a comic store for POTF2. Everyone bought those and kept extras. Lots of figures sell for less than retail. Might find a kid who loves Star Wars and donate them? Might make you feel better.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Might find a kid who loves Star Wars and donate them? Might make you feel better.

Whoa whoa whoa

A child might not appreciate these collector's items!

Tbh this is probably the way I'll go. I'll give ebay a cursory peruse to see if anything might be worth the effort to sell first.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I think the only POTF2 stuff that’s worth more than usual would be the weirder Cantina or Jabba’s Palace aliens.

It’s a little weird, but some of the vehicles are actually bought up by Vintage Kenner customizers because they used some of the same molds. They’re easier to find and then you’re not messing with a vintage toy.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I think the only POTF2 stuff that’s worth more than usual would be the weirder Cantina or Jabba’s Palace aliens.

It’s a little weird, but some of the vehicles are actually bought up by Vintage Kenner customizers because they used some of the same molds. They’re easier to find and then you’re not messing with a vintage toy.

Most of the weirder aliens were remade later with better sculpts. I have all the potf2 early stuff but the only things I really like are the really odd knockoffs I bought in Europe in 1997. I'd still love to know how they came to be. Seem to be same mold just larger and hand painted

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Has the auction part of ebay declined a lot in popularity? I remember when I was buying Halo figures 10-12 years ago, everything was auctions but it seems like now things are tilted heavily towards buy it now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shiroc posted:

Has the auction part of ebay declined a lot in popularity? I remember when I was buying Halo figures 10-12 years ago, everything was auctions but it seems like now things are tilted heavily towards buy it now.

Over the last year of heavily using ebay I've mostly used the BIN function. Of late there are a lot more auctions, probably people looking to move stuff quicker.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I sold Mythic Legions Deltigar for 700ish bucks on eBay a few months back. It just takes 2 stubborn people to really jack up the price. Admittedly, this is somewhat of an outlier, but I've still had great overall success with auctions.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Shiroc posted:

It still exists, but I personally prefer Buy It Now with Best Offer just because it’s usually quicker and people are more willing to send an offer than to watch and wait for an auction to count down.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

I have a lot of Kenner's PoTF line in the form of loose figures, carded figures, and vehicles like an x-wing, tie fighter, slave 1 etc. None of this is bringing me any enjoyment and occupies storage space I could devote to more bots/joes/hemans etc.

I realize little of it probably commands any value at all, but hypothetically, how would it be best to sell it in case I could make some cash off of some/most/all of it? Ebay, as a lot? I'm out of my depth on this one lol. I don't have much hope that I would, given how SW toys have evolved over the last several decades, but still, I ask.

Do you have Kyle Katarn? That's the only PotF figure I've ever been interested in.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Fuzz posted:

Do you have Kyle Katarn? That's the only PotF figure I've ever been interested in.

I actually might, of all things. If I still do, I think it came with a swoop hover bike. I'll have to inventory this week.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The POTF Darktrooper exploded in price right after Mando S2. It’s way down now, but still brings $10-$20 which is pretty good for POTF2.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Oh they made Darktroopers too? Well poo poo, if be interested in that too.

Anything Dark Forces/Jedi Knight related, I'd be down for, as Hasbro just wants to keep denying us like a bunch of assholes.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Can't wait though it's still a year out for them. I'm glad I sold my black knight when I did and didn't buy the barbarian legion builder. I'm really enjoying this line and the Cabal, thanks to this thread for exposing me to them! I only have four more named characters to get (Urzokk, Azhar, Thord Ironjaw, and Illgar). I expect at least two of those will end up All Stars. Illgar seems like a shoo-in. Thord seems like the hardest/most expensive to find.

You’re only missing 4 named characters?

Holy crap! You’ve got a ton of Mythics lol. You have Otho too?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Sorry if it's known but I haven't seen mention of it here, a bunch of Walmarr exclusive retro Joe figures are up on Hasbro Pulse. Including the HISS tank https://hasbropulse.com/products/g-i-joe-retro-collection-cobra-h-i-s-s-iii

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Fuzz posted:

Oh they made Darktroopers too? Well poo poo, if be interested in that too.

Anything Dark Forces/Jedi Knight related, I'd be down for, as Hasbro just wants to keep denying us like a bunch of assholes.

Yeah, POTF2 did an Expanded Universe subline that had Kyle, Phase 3 Dark Troopers, Thrawn, Dark Empire Luke, and Mara Jade iirc. Thrawn, Mara, and Kyle all had better versions made later (although Kyle's was in a comic pack and therefore a bit harder to find) but the Dark Trooper and DE Luke were never remade. The Trooper was repacked a couple of times, but it was always the same sculpt.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah, POTF2 did an Expanded Universe subline that had Kyle, Phase 3 Dark Troopers, Thrawn, Dark Empire Luke, and Mara Jade iirc. Thrawn, Mara, and Kyle all had better versions made later (although Kyle's was in a comic pack and therefore a bit harder to find) but the Dark Trooper and DE Luke were never remade. The Trooper was repacked a couple of times, but it was always the same sculpt.

I think that line also had Dark Empire Palpatine and Leia, too. And a Spacetrooper, maybe?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Timby posted:

I think that line also had Dark Empire Palpatine and Leia, too. And a Spacetrooper, maybe?

Yeah, looking it up on RebelScum there was apparently a bunch of other figures and a trio of concept-inspired vehicles.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Grant DaNasty posted:

You’re only missing 4 named characters?

Holy crap! You’ve got a ton of Mythics lol. You have Otho too?

I have to qualify that -- I got a lot of figures at ToyCon and have been lucky at the ISS so I have four AoD pre-orders on BBTS (Ragna, Artymyss, Gadriel, and Freyja) and the three All-Stars 4 (Tibius, Vitus, and Scaphoid paid for but pending) that I need to get as well. But, yeah, I have Otho and have a ton of ML now. I have the entire Eathyron's Dozen and just need four Goth birds, too. I know Rhyno constantly posts his acquisitions but I think I've been just as busy in the last three months!

And I know who SWORD agent is IRL given his posts in the Cabal about the Deltigar. That was a crazy auction -- glad I already had one at the time.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Later lines also did the Phase 1 Darktrooper, and redid the Phase 3 Darktrooper as a build-a-droid BAF.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I really wish they'd give us a BS Kyle, ideally with both a green and a yellow saber, though I know they'd be dicks and just give us the blue one from JO.

Hell give us all of the dark Jedi, or at the least Sariss and Jerec. Wishing for Gorc and Pik seems like a lost cause.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Given that the Gaming Greats subline is actually expanding into TVC I feel like some new version of Kyle is inevitable. Probably not anyone else (maybe Jan Ors?) though.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I'm hoping they show us a couple dozen more Origins figures at Power Con, bunch of vehicles and Snake Mountain. People in the FB groups and forums just refuse to let go of Classics so i'll say i agree and re-releasing some of those would be awesome.

I'm liking Origins more and more and am still excited to collect more of them. I'm hoping Masterverse becomes "Classics again but at mass retail and with better articulation" once they get the Netflix stuff out of their system.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Whoa whoa whoa

A child might not appreciate these collector's items!

Tbh this is probably the way I'll go. I'll give ebay a cursory peruse to see if anything might be worth the effort to sell first.
Ten years ago I moved cross country. I had a year to prepare so I could have spent that time Ebaying, but with a rough idea of the "value", I ended up dumping all (opened!) POTF 12" figures and duplicate 4" inch figures at my nearest Goodwill.

I'd love it if kids got any of the loot, but I was also just as happy at the thought of a speculator buying them all up for pennies and that as of right about...now, they'd still be rotting in their homes/storage and Ebay listings.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Cheesus posted:

Ten years ago I moved cross country. I had a year to prepare so I could have spent that time Ebaying, but with a rough idea of the "value", I ended up dumping all (opened!) POTF 12" figures and duplicate 4" inch figures at my nearest Goodwill.

I'd love it if kids got any of the loot, but I was also just as happy at the thought of a speculator buying them all up for pennies and that as of right about...now, they'd still be rotting in their homes/storage and Ebay listings.

I hear you. Tbh they're likely best dropped off to a children's home or similar. I like your idea of keeping the carded stuff. As much as I'd like to make something back, it's looking more and more like I'll just donate them to a worthwhile organization.

Oh, and to the poster asking about Kyle Katarn, I was wrong. Confused him for Dash Rendar.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

I hear you. Tbh they're likely best dropped off to a children's home or similar. I like your idea of keeping the carded stuff. As much as I'd like to make something back, it's looking more and more like I'll just donate them to a worthwhile organization.

Oh, and to the poster asking about Kyle Katarn, I was wrong. Confused him for Dash Rendar.

Lol Dash Rendar

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there a Black Series Dash Rendar?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

Is there a Black Series Dash Rendar?

Please say yes, I loved the terrible N64 game and bought the 3" inch figure and his ship because of it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Dash Rendar rulez

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Dash Rendar rulez

Wampa Stompa, baby.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dash Rendar owns, gently caress the haters. I cheered when I learned he’d been reintroduced to the new canon.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Looking through ebay listings, loose potf2 figures might be worth listing but, as thread consensus seems to think, it also might be more effort than worthwhile. Vehicles seem to command a bit of value, so I'll keep vader's fighter and a vader/tie pilot, boba fett, Carbonite solo and slave 1, and a x-wing pilot luke and x-wing. The rest I'll likely donate as suggested.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Dash Rendar owns, gently caress the haters. I cheered when I learned he’d been reintroduced to the new canon.

He was?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah he has a bit in the “From a Certain Point of View” anthology if I’m remembering right.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
A freighter of the same type as the Outrider also popped up in Rebels and they’ve namedropped Black Sun a lot, so all we need now is a Leebo-type droid to appear in Bad Batch or Mando.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I recently re-read Shadows of the Empire for the first time since the 90s and holy poo poo that book spends a lot of time saying “wow this Dash Rendar guy is so much like Han Solo I can’t believe it!”

Specifically there’s a moment where Rendar is flying the Outrider as Leia watches him from the Falcon and the narration makes it clear just how much Dash flies JUST LIKE HAN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Splint Chesthair posted:

I recently re-read Shadows of the Empire for the first time since the 90s and holy poo poo that book spends a lot of time saying “wow this Dash Rendar guy is so much like Han Solo I can’t believe it!”

Specifically there’s a moment where Rendar is flying the Outrider as Leia watches him from the Falcon and the narration makes it clear just how much Dash flies JUST LIKE HAN.

Yeah, for those that read the book before the game and also weren't like 10 years old, Dash was super lame.

Kyle, meanwhile, was the loving MAN.