Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

MonsieurChoc posted:

The various Il etait une fois/Once Upon a Time cartoons played a lot on francophone tv around the world. There's one in space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN2wLbNYnHI

I remember one about history. It was where I heard that organ music for the first time (it's Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor but of course I had to check that because I only remember it as the organ music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8BrjvOs-eA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLrKZcY2ScI

In which Owen retells a tale of school cringe story and how Evangelion is not, actually, Pokemon.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

fun hater posted:

what the hell is that. how did everyone scroll past this without commenting on it

That's my childhood, tyvm.

Very good educational series, though extremely French. Iirc the immune system of your body is portrayed as a straight up fascist police state, which… well, it isn't actually wrong…

It's actually pretty in-depth for a show aimed at children. From anthropomorphised fibrinogen to a pretty comprehensive explanation of the lymph system.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

edit: sorry, old post

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 26, 2021

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Antigravitas posted:

That's my childhood, tyvm.

Very good educational series, though extremely French. Iirc the immune system of your body is portrayed as a straight up fascist police state, which… well, it isn't actually wrong…

It's actually pretty in-depth for a show aimed at children. From anthropomorphised fibrinogen to a pretty comprehensive explanation of the lymph system.

I think this was on on Saturday or Sunday mornings on channel 4 here in the UK. I was kind of baffled by it as I don't think the two preceeding series (Man and Space) had ever actually been aired here and, as you say, it was INCREDIBLY French and I'd only really seen UK and US stuff. I feel like it stood me in good stead for GCSE biology.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Y'all nerds like obscure niche bullshit? I found some!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHHxue-8e9w

Homer's Head drama is fascinating, I knew the case sucked but there's just a weird amount of more to it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Ariong posted:

Was there a dick issue?

French sex is pretty weird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC2O_limvyg&t=172s
(very tame, but includes educational cartoon nudity)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

I think this was on on Saturday or Sunday mornings on channel 4 here in the UK. I was kind of baffled by it as I don't think the two preceeding series (Man and Space) had ever actually been aired here and, as you say, it was INCREDIBLY French and I'd only really seen UK and US stuff. I feel like it stood me in good stead for GCSE biology.

Here in Germany it always ran on afternoons, and mostly on the state-owned channels. I think at some point it moved to private TV, but at that point I was already steadily losing interest

We never noticed any Frenchness, mostly because our localization tends to steamroll everything with 100% Germanness instead :v:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kennel posted:

French sex in cinema lacks any censorship and is graphic.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Is Cruella the evil Batman (superpower, being rich) in this universe or does she have evil powers too? It seems she was slightly outclassed if not.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Kibayasu posted:

Is Cruella the evil Batman (superpower, being rich) in this universe or does she have evil powers too? It seems she was slightly outclassed if not.

She has like, charm powers that can force animals (maybe people?) to do what she says.

But she's also cursed so she can't kill anyone so she's like, rich and evil and has a gun and can't do anything with it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kibayasu posted:

most big names in the show had some kind of weird My Hero style quirk/drawback thing like old school fairy boon/bane poo poo. Cruella's was basically super charm abilities but she personally can't kill anyone, which was actually about the only interesting one of the lot actually.

Except they gave her a gun which I think she used to bluff people until just anyone who knew her instantly went 'wait no Cruella can't kill people' and it was useless.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Malpais Legate posted:

But she's also cursed so she can't kill anyone so she's like, rich and evil and has a gun and can't do anything with it.
you could've just said "yes"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Also her and Ursula were literally the only interesting bad guy actors who weren't in the main Dark One rotation, she hammed it up really well to basically just be 'what if Anna Wintour was a supernatural baddie' and it kinda ruled.

Also she ran The Underworld for like, two episodes, which sounds badass but I think almost everyone on the antagonist side had a turn on that throne

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

sexpig by night posted:

Except they gave her a gun which I think she used to bluff people until just anyone who knew her instantly went 'wait no Cruella can't kill people' and it was useless.

Can't she just shoot them in the balls or something?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kennel posted:

Can't she just shoot them in the balls or something?

I don't remember the exact wording, she uses poisons but always in like 'I poisoned the tea and let him drink it' kind of ways so I think the rule was she can never directly cause physical harm or something?

Look man it may come as a shock but this show was badly written.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1419772647722860546

this is pretty cool

it's apparently the result of some of his recent videos actually successfully being monetized on Youtube despite their content, and so this is what he intends to do with those earnings

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Does "residency" have a meaning I'm unaware of? Why is he calling it that?

Cool move, regardless.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
traditionally in arts and all a 'residency' implies you pay a flat fee to go and from there the host handles room and board (in some form, some do just weekday meals with weekend on your own some do full, some do kinda just 'we'll give you food money you go out and do what you want', obviously it's all different) and also usually include a general living stipend to allow artists to leave their comfort zones and expand their abilities while not having to worry about the obvious risks of such things.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

The name sounds like a MBMBAM bit, but it seems cool enough.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The 7th Guest posted:

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1419772647722860546

this is pretty cool

it's apparently the result of some of his recent videos actually successfully being monetized on Youtube despite their content, and so this is what he intends to do with those earnings

Instead of moving out of his mom's shed, he's doing this.

Joking aside, this looks like an inspiring project.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Brainmind truly sounds like a Tim and Eric bit but that may be the joke. I do love the idea of a queer artist saying 'I did a residency at Brainmind' though.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Violet_Sky posted:

What is an actual 90's kid?

thetoughestbean posted:

A miserable pile of references

Several months old. The best post ever written holy poo poo.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

GutBomb posted:

Several months old. The best post ever written holy poo poo.

I don’t remember writing that, or being that witty in general. I’m never that funny

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

fun hater posted:

what the hell is that. how did everyone scroll past this without commenting on it

Il était une fois... L'homme was neat and they also had a series about animals and another one about history.

Personally I was a bigger fan of stuff like Science Court.

macabresca posted:

I remember one about history. It was where I heard that organ music for the first time (it's Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor but of course I had to check that because I only remember it as the organ music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8BrjvOs-eA

The episode on Faraday was the one the stuck to my head mainly because the dub here had one of the girls react to how he was told off by his scientific peers by saying "Even Lorentz?? Liebniz??" In the whiniest tone possible and that cracked me up.

Kunster fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 27, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sehj0F98rkI

Edit: Found the english version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISd3id070jI

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Why is Ursula green

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/ThatPazuzu/status/1420101173319774222/photo/1

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

art is maybe the single worthwhile thing to spring uniquely from the human mind and i can't imagine having a brain so poisoned by weird internet cynicism that i can't allow myself to be emotionally affected by it

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Groovelord Neato posted:

Why is Ursula green

Oh my God, Karen,

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Insults are being thrown against JackSepticEye's recently passed father by troll farms.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah, that sucks, they're sociopaths, it's not surprising. incels will do this poo poo because they are hollow shells of humanity anyways, so only bringing others down can bring them any joy.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i wish nobody was allowed to use the word parasocial again

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL_VQHhC728

The new Nic Cage movie seems good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

coffeehouse crime did a video on the Killdozer but it was pretty bad (honestly they're not the greatest true crime youtube channel), it's too dry and overly sympathetic to heemeyer imo

the dude would get into fights with reporters and would threaten the lives of his customers. and the only reason no one was killed by the killdozer was basically luck regardless of his intent

e: yeah, rereading the drat interesting article about it, he literally fired shots and the buildings were evacuated as he was charging them

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 28, 2021

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The 7th Guest posted:

coffeehouse crime did a video on the Killdozer but it was pretty bad (honestly they're not the greatest true crime youtube channel), it's too dry and overly sympathetic to heemeyer imo

the dude would get into fights with reporters and would threaten the lives of his customers. and the only reason no one was killed by the killdozer was basically luck regardless of his intent

e: yeah, rereading the drat interesting article about it, he literally fired shots and the buildings were evacuated as he was charging them

Yeah, back before DNE turned out to be a massive shitbag (or at least enabler thereof) he did a pretty great video deconstructing the myth.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Speaking of here's DNE's bonus video on Killdozer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvl_7_Up7zU

No I don't feel bad sharing this, partly because it turned out Justin is cool with abuse if his friends do it, and also because he himself shared the video link for free a while back. Regardless of anything else it is a good summary of the events and does a good job of picking apart the folk hero story that got built up around an entitled nutjob who went on a rampage because some people refused to pay him a shitload of money for a patch of dirt in the middle of nowhere and the city had the audacity to tell him he couldn't poo poo in the creek.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Grouchio posted:

Insults are being thrown against JackSepticEye's recently passed father by troll farms.

Yeah I have seen bots spam those comments in certain youtuber videos a lot.. A cowardly faceless brand of assholery that you cannot even yell at.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kennel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC2O_limvyg&t=172s
(very tame, but includes educational cartoon nudity)

Now I know how Daft Punk was born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
I hear Jim Browning, the youtuber who exposes and dismantles scams, was tricked into deleting his channel by a phishing link or something yesterday?