Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

EE on bad teams is a gift. EE jumping between teams when they are developing a rapport and showing some promise is kneecapping the whole region.

People were literally just saying at the end of the NA quals that if they could find a better carry than sammyboy then 4zoomers could actually compete

Say what you will about EE as a person/teammate but he's absolutely a better carry than Sammyboy, don't complain about your monkey's paw wish coming true :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

People were literally just saying at the end of the NA quals that if they could find a better carry than sammyboy then 4zoomers could actually compete

Say what you will about EE as a person/teammate but he's absolutely a better carry than Sammyboy, don't complain about your monkey's paw wish coming true :colbert:

I feel like he’s not, though

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

sugar free jazz posted:

I feel like he’s not, though

Hard agree - NA is light on good carries but Sammyboy has been more effective/successful than EE over the last year.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Does sammyboy at least carry TPs? Big question

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i think u get tps for free now or something idk but sometimes i have more tps than i think i should... ??

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
also now that theyve removed nec0rbook my beastmaster winrate is dropping precipitously. fail.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
necrobook beastermaster was so based u'd ding 6 and get the book at the same time and immediately get a double kill in the oifflane and then take the tower, sometimes all with the same summons. it was badass. rip

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Zurreco posted:

Reads like Gunnar kicked Sammy for EE. NA is the loving worst.

The team was originally Gunnar and Husky's, Husky wanted to play with Moo, Moo wanted to play pos 3 and with Envy, so we end up with this. Idk, I think it's pretty reasonable. 4zoomers stuck together for over a year - shuffling at this point seems normal. Gunnar also said on stream that originally they were planning to go forward as 4 but didn't say who the 4 were or what happened but evidentially that didn't work out.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I don't know who needs to hear this, but EE is absolutely a better carry player than Sammyboy

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

they die nearly the same way tho so its a wash imo

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I don't know who needs to hear this, but EE is absolutely a better carry player than Sammyboy

Hard disagree, ee is ultra trash

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

EE can be a better carry player than sammyboy

EE can also be so, so much worse

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Ee is more entertaining and that's what counts

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Smythe posted:

i think u get tps for free now or something idk but sometimes i have more tps than i think i should... ??

You get one for free when you die

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Smythe posted:

also now that theyve removed nec0rbook my beastmaster winrate is dropping precipitously. fail.

Go mid and rush aghs, I don't think they ever really nerfed this to a considerable level and people just forgot about it after Medusa got popular instead

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

TheFlyingLlama posted:

EE can be a better carry player than sammyboy

EE can also be so, so much worse

Can he? Sammyboy has all of Envy's problems but worse. He has the same problems of getting caught out randomly but he also really bad positioning in fights and doesn't show up half the time.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Patch is bad so people are playing dota auto chess again. not the official Valve one, Underlords, but a new one on the dota arcade.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Sampatrick posted:

Can he? Sammyboy has all of Envy's problems but worse. He has the same problems of getting caught out randomly but he also really bad positioning in fights and doesn't show up half the time.

no one can throw a game like EE

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I've never been more confident that we're not getting a patch

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

TI is going to be a shitshow if there's no patch, I can't imagine like 30+ games of axe / tb / hoodwink / AA / WW / Luna / Puck / Mirana

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

TI is going to be a shitshow if there's no patch, I can't imagine like 30+ games of axe / tb / hoodwink / AA / WW / Luna / Puck / Mirana

Not having TI until October has hosed Valve's already lovely schedule. Typically 7.30 would be released right after TI which would have been any time after August 18th I think.

If TI was still happening in August I don't think we would have gotten anything except maybe a balance patch, right?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

TheFlyingLlama posted:

no one can throw a game like EE

you say that but honestly sammyboy is pretty drat throwy

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

you say that but honestly sammyboy is pretty drat throwy

EE is the pinnacle of throw, an artist unrivaled in his craft

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Taffer posted:

EE is the pinnacle of throw, an artist unrivaled in his craft

this was made in 2016. Hes still throwing to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deJkBsK0eXk

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Pamela Springstein posted:

Patch is bad so people are playing dota auto chess again. not the official Valve one, Underlords, but a new one on the dota arcade.

Atomic War rules and is better than auto chess

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I hate having to filter my streams based on who's actually playing dota and who's playing Atomic War and Ability Draft

We get it, you're picking Axe again, who cares let me see someone draft Swashbuckle and CK crit and instakill the entire enemy team

At this point I think I'd rather watch an Atomic War tournament than TI on this patch

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If I had a wish at this point it's for puck to be nerfed, a puck at high skill is too fuckin slippery

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think they pushed it back because they don’t want to give teams like 10 weeks of practice on it before TI

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

EG are now sponsored by Wolverhampton FC

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

didn't know EG had any Portuguese players

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

*Saying black hole like a Spanish football announcer says goal*

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Grapplejack posted:

If I had a wish at this point it's for puck to be nerfed, a puck at high skill is too fuckin slippery

Give Phase Shift a casting backswing when you come out of it. Enough that an AOE DOT will break blink dagger or that you can land a frame perfect stun.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

This is a great match for RTZ

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/NoContextDota2/status/1420524145452806144

https://mobile.twitter.com/EternaLEnVy1991/status/1420588927375790084

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao that owns

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Having not followed pro dota for a couple years, who's the most handsome team now

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

tote up a bags posted:

Having not followed pro dota for a couple years, who's the most handsome team now

turn your monitor off

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

dota is dead, it's all pokemon now

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Pokémon is pretty good for a baby moba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
SMG is playing, Midone is on Arc Warden, looks like it's gonna be a 100 minute game.