Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

looking to provide enrichment for your cat? consider hiring a sympathetic bartender to listen to his woes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

God I hope he's just doing this to prank people. Astronaut pranks must be the best in the loving world. Like the ol' joke about Neil Armstrong telling really boring stories about the Moon Landing and ending it with "well, I guess you had to be there :smug:"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

If I went to space, I'd also be doing this all the time.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

That's a spice meatball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t4pmlHRokg

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Hang on. This is a yearly thing? How does the guy who looks most like Hemingway end up looking less like Hemingway after a year? Do the other contestants have to hope that he loses his nose in a freak accident, or something?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Stexils posted:

looking to provide enrichment for your cat? consider hiring a sympathetic bartender to listen to his woes

Dame dane…

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Don't forget that the chef, Julia Child, and the Smithsonian Institution ornithologist, S. Dillon Ripley, both worked for the OSS during WW2.
:awesomelon:
TIL that Julia Child is more awesome than I thought, and she's already S tier.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Obviously they're an American doctor.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Oh cool! Didn't know Darkplace had licensed merch

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

God I hope he's just doing this to prank people. Astronaut pranks must be the best in the loving world. Like the ol' joke about Neil Armstrong telling really boring stories about the Moon Landing and ending it with "well, I guess you had to be there :smug:"

There's a mission transcript where one lets a turd float through the capsule

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

aphid_licker posted:

"It's not mine!"
"Well it's not mine either"
*there were only three people in the capsule*

Oh and this conversation happens like 3 times

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

omg there's toy pills

that's the worst thing I've ever seen

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulEg-R4yw_M

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

That's a spice meatball

chimonahhh!

heh heh

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Stexils posted:

Lol

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

What’s with the bowling pins

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PainterofCrap posted:

LOL this guy doesn't know what the bowling pins are for

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

PainterofCrap posted:

or the ducks

e: oh they're targets for the gun

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Olympics, gone sexual.

https://i.imgur.com/TWzVBqV.mp4

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The gun, which is a pump-action revolver.

(Wait, do those exist?)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

aphid_licker posted:

CannonFodder posted:

"It's not mine!"
"Well it's not mine either"
*there were only three people in the capsule*

Oh and this conversation happens like 3 times

In the early space missions, they hadn't figured out how to get a zero-gravity toilet to work properly. So they had the astronauts poop in bags that they would seal. Gas build up from bacteria threatened to burst the bags, so they were treated with an anti bacterial agent. After pooping, the astronaut then had to knead the bag for about five minutes to ensure all the bacteria were killed.

Captain Jim Lovell, as played by Tom Hanks in that one movie, decided he didn't like doing that, so he delegated it to his subordinates.

Having to knead a bag of your own poo poo for five minutes to avoid a poopsplosion is bad enough, but someone else's?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Holy poo poo

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
alan shepard, first american in space, was only scheduled for a short suborbital flight. he was locked into his capsule and there wasn't any quick way to get him back out except for the emergency escape rocket. due to bad weather, the mission was delayed for hours and hours. eventually shepard requested and was granted permission to piss his pants, so the first american in space went there with soggy piss drawers. they started putting diapers on the astronauts after that

warning: random slur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veDcp3wB3JA

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Racehorse doctor

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Stexils posted:

lol

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

lol four days

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hyperlynx posted:

The gun, which is a pump-action revolver.

(Wait, do those exist?)

The pump would be entirely superfluous when it has a hammer to drive the cylinder mechanism, if not just be dual-action and driven by the trigger as well.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

mind the walrus posted:

I think you'll find their jokes are out of this world.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Poopelyse posted:

lol four days

this rules lol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Poopelyse posted:

lol four days

"the four-day competition" by which I mean going to hang out with your mates, starting every day with eggs and bacon, black coffee and bloody marys, going through to reuben sandwiches and beer and moving on to whiskey and steaks for dinner. Playing cards, throwing darts, talking mad poo poo about each other and lying about fish you caught that year.

Code Jockey posted:

this rules lol

Hell yeah it does, brb growing a big white bushy beard and signing up.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The Bibendumbater

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The Bibendumbater

The Bibangdum.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Memento posted:

"the four-day competition" by which I mean going to hang out with your mates, starting every day with eggs and bacon, black coffee and bloody marys, going through to reuben sandwiches and beer and moving on to whiskey and steaks for dinner. Playing cards, throwing darts, talking mad poo poo about each other and lying about fish you caught that year.

Hell yeah it does, brb growing a big white bushy beard and signing up.
I can smell the Jimmy Buffet through the screen.

Mostly because my monitor turned off for a second and the vtuber stream I'm listening to just went into Son of a Son of a Sailor.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I mean the ultimate undefeated winner of the Hemingway lookalike competition wouldn't have a beard at all anymore.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Actual winner: a cat with 7 toes on each paw and everyone who pets the lovely kitty

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Soul Dentist posted:

I mean the ultimate undefeated winner of the Hemingway lookalike competition wouldn't have a beard at all anymore.
Okay, dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

I think the limit with Michelin is three