Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

nobody went to ben's birthday parties lol let's get real here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Nebrilos posted:

So the conspiracy theory is that Joe Biden paid a guy to bring a gun into a school and pretend to shoot a bunch of kids and also paid all of the teachers and students at the school to pretend that a bunch of kids were killed and also paid a bunch of childless married couples to pretend that their kids got shot by this guy. This doesn't even make sense on the face of it! Bribing that many people would be exorbitantly expensive. And having so many people (several hundred actors at least) in on it makes it extremely likely at least one of them will talk. Even if you believe Biden is part of some great conspiracy, wouldn't it make more sense for him just to pay 1 person to walk into a school with a gun and just shoot a bunch of kids? That's so much simpler, easier to keep secret (since only 1 person needs to be in on it instead of hundreds), and cheaper (only 1 person needs to be bribed instead of hundreds).

Why would anyone believe in the crisis actors theory, even if for some reason they believed Biden was behind the shooting?

You don't get it, man - the world is ruled by a secret shadowy cabal of rich and powerful Jews people who control every facet of the government and even people's everyday lives and nobody would know about it were it not for that facebook group I'm in.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
a supa secret shadow gov who happens to use legit mathematically legit encryption standards for their telecommunication except this hardy boys nancy drew poo poo that my face book group can decode.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Interestingly, child's birthday party is one of the few instances where it's not okay to just up and leave a party. If you're at a child's birthday party, you are either 1) a child, in which case you should really wait for a trusted adult to come pick you up instead of going off on your own, or 2) an adult who needs to be there for the children's sake.

That's not the type of party Ben was going to, though.

Also comic maker is probably autistic and that is okay. Okay? Okay.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The person who made that comic is at least genuinely trying, even if it's going south.

Shapiro's worse than that.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

a supa secret shadow gov who happens to use legit mathematically legit encryption standards for their telecommunication except this hardy boys nancy drew poo poo that my face book group can decode.

Alex Jones says they have to tell you what their doing because it's Intergalactic law or something.

The other crazies just claim that the cabal is just so sure of itself that it likes to leave all these obvious clues out in the open to taunt them.

Pick one, their both incredibly loving stupid.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Pththya-lyi posted:

Also comic maker is probably autistic and that is okay. Okay? Okay.

Don't armchair diagnose people based on a comic strip

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Knormal posted:

I have an aunt who's gone full Q-Anon, the idea is that Biden, Harris, and all the others were executed for treason back in January and were replaced by lookalikes being led by, who else, Trump. This is supposed to keep us sheeple clam and placated until Trump gets publicly re-appointed to office and announces the destruction of the pedophile cabal in January March August.

If Biden et al are Trump controlled doubles shouldn't all the GOP get in behind them?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Heath posted:

Don't armchair diagnose people based on a comic strip

Not trying to give a diagnosis, just saying I'm pretty similar to this person as they're portraying themselves in the comic and I happen to be autistic. I guess it's beside the point if they're diagnosable for the purposes of this discussion, though. :shrug:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inceltown posted:

If Biden et al are Trump controlled doubles shouldn't all the GOP get in behind them?

You're putting far more thought into it than they have.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I read that comic as more condescending than anything. Not sure if any mental issue is to blame.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

PhazonLink posted:

:umberto: though

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Grimdude posted:

I read that comic as more condescending than anything. Not sure if any mental issue is to blame.

Yeah, there has been bit of a trend for a certain subset of terminally online people to laud their introversion as being some sort of a badge of superiority with social media posting and other performative "well acktually introverted people are the smart ones" bullshit. This comic definitely smells faintly of it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Nebrilos posted:

Even if you believe Biden is part of some great conspiracy, wouldn't it make more sense for him just to pay 1 person to walk into a school with a gun and just shoot a bunch of kids? That's so much simpler, easier to keep secret (since only 1 person needs to be in on it instead of hundreds), and cheaper (only 1 person needs to be bribed instead of hundreds).

Why would anyone believe in the crisis actors theory, even if for some reason they believed Biden was behind the shooting?
Because they don't want to believe that all those kids got murdered.

Read After Burning posted:

My immediate question was "Wait, I thought they were claiming that Biden was a puppet and Kamala is the real president? If Biden died, why would they want a body double?"
This way she can be president twice as long; first through the puppet body-double-Biden, then as herself.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Knormal posted:

I have an aunt who's gone full Q-Anon, the idea is that Biden, Harris, and all the others were executed for treason back in January and were replaced by lookalikes being led by, who else, Trump. This is supposed to keep us sheeple clam and placated until Trump gets publicly re-appointed to office and announces the destruction of the pedophile cabal in January March August.
Yeah it's bizarre how they keep going "we'll show you! We'll expose your stupid facade and your horrible treason, which we've been crowing about for years!" but then when it "actually" happens they're like "oh yes of course we have to keep it a secret and not announce our victory or reveal our mountain of evidence, that would just shock the mindless public too much". Because they've definitely been known for restraint and consideration of the public peace until now.
But then even after all that they say they're just going to wait a bit. Like how is executing the president and VP going to be less shocking if you wait a few months? It's not really something you can work up to! If anything it's going to be more shocking because you'll have to tell people you were deceiving them for months with loving body doubles! How is that going to do anything but destroy trust with your new government even more?

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Breetai posted:

Yeah, there has been bit of a trend for a certain subset of terminally online people to laud their introversion as being some sort of a badge of superiority with social media posting and other performative "well acktually introverted people are the smart ones" bullshit. This comic definitely smells faintly of it.

The last part about the loud world and poo poo is very condescending, but the other two portions are fine, the party scene with the friend walking away is all too real haha

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Tiggum posted:

Because they don't want to believe that all those kids got murdered.

I don't really buy this because if a similar tragedy occurred which was favorable to their narrative, like say an eco-terrorist murdered a bunch of kids, the usual Q crowd wouldn't exactly be clamoring to find the government plot.

A brief look at online conspiracy communities, r/conspiracy for example, shows that they are almost entirely interested in conspiracies that support a pro-trump ideology. Even libertarian voices are a minority now.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's just

1. America is the best and perfect
2. In the event that America is not the best or not perfect, refer to 1)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

She was immediately awkward towards the first new person she met at that party (in the comic) by asking what she's studying at school, getting a response, then not even bothering with a follow-up question because the other person "isn't trying." I have to think that's on purpose, so she's at least a bit of the problem even in the comic.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Brawnfire posted:

She was immediately awkward towards the first new person she met at that party (in the comic) by asking what she's studying at school, getting a response, then not even bothering with a follow-up question because the other person "isn't trying." I have to think that's on purpose, so she's at least a bit of the problem even in the comic.

The other person wasn't engaging with the conversation. Does she have a responsibility to exert the emotional energy to hold up both sides of a conversation, or should she accept that the person not bothering doesn't want to talk to her?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

It's just

1. America is the best and perfect
2. In the event that America is not the best or not perfect, refer to 1)

Also theres a very strong element where a bunch of Trump supporters really, truly believed he was going to materially improve their lives and the future of the country. When that didn't happen it was easy for them to get sucked into a world where Trump was doing incredibly good things all the time, secretly.

Now they live in a world where they haven't gotten conned, its just that Trump has to kill all the invisible pedo vampires before he can fix anything else.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Also theres a very strong element where a bunch of Trump supporters really, truly believed he was going to materially improve their lives and the future of the country. When that didn't happen it was easy for them to get sucked into a world where Trump was doing incredibly good things all the time, secretly.

Now they live in a world where they haven't gotten conned, its just that Trump has to kill all the invisible pedo vampires before he can fix anything else.

This is something alot of us on the left seem to forget... Lots of trump's followers really honestly believe(d) that he was going to do good things for the country.

He was their AOC

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

RFC2324 posted:

This is something alot of us on the left seem to forget... Lots of trump's followers really honestly believe(d) that he was going to do good things for the country.

He was their AOC

And what do we all know from cults? It's easier to dig deeper than to ever think you made a mistake.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Here's a new one, speaking of Trump conspiracies.

https://twitter.com/gorskon/status/1420014344474173450?s=20

Combining anti-vax with making sure Trump gets credit for the vaccine.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I gotta hand it to him (no I don't)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

So, the GOP and Trump have brilliantly outmaneuvered the democrats by poisoning millions in a warcrime to make the Holocaust look mild?

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
"Will these deaths be used to blame Trump" is the funniest line because the entire conceit is that his plan was to wipe out Democrats with poison. Pick one drat it!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RFC2324 posted:

So, the GOP and Trump have brilliantly outmaneuvered the democrats by poisoning millions in a warcrime to make the Holocaust look mild?

Hundreds of millions.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I wonder if this is like those things conservatives keep running to try and make their opponents look like the devil, but all it does is solidify support because we think its awesome

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Skwirl posted:

Here's a new one, speaking of Trump conspiracies.

https://twitter.com/gorskon/status/1420014344474173450?s=20

Combining anti-vax with making sure Trump gets credit for the vaccine.

Natural News has long been a prime source of material for this thread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_News

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Also theres a very strong element where a bunch of Trump supporters really, truly believed he was going to materially improve their lives and the future of the country.

While he was still in office, I had a conversation with an in-law. She's a nurse, an antivaxxer (of course), and an avid tromp supporter. The talk quickly turned political. I was arguing for universal healthcare, stronger unions, etc, and she was agreeing with me on every single point. Once she said she believes that tromp will deliver on all of those, the conversation stopped. The level of cognitive dissonance was palpable.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Scratch Monkey posted:

Natural News has long been a prime source of material for this thread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_News

My hobby is looking at the discussion page for sites like this and seeing the idiots upset at the slander and defamation of such an upstanding news site.

quote:

Please reconsider simply removing all articles, such as this one, with which you do not agree - it's your website! Be honest and forthright, like Twitter and Facebook, and just remove the article "for whatever reason" you like, rather than publish a basterdized article such as this one. Nobody wants this article as it is, take a poll of your readers and find out. Obviously Nazi-style shaming propaganda and name calling are used in this article - the current article is not suitable for a free society

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ngl “the national guard wouldn’t let the illegitimate Biden into the White House so he’s been secretly living in 20% smaller model on a movie lot owned by Tyler Perry” is easily my favorite conspiracy they’ve come up with

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Ngl “the national guard wouldn’t let the illegitimate Biden into the White House so he’s been secretly living in 20% smaller model on a movie lot owned by Tyler Perry” is easily my favorite conspiracy they’ve come up with

I am curious if it is just 80% of the rooms/complex, or if it is a recreation of the whole complex that is 20% smaller.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Would be funnier if the smaller White House belonged to Kevin Hart.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I am curious if it is just 80% of the rooms/complex, or if it is a recreation of the whole complex that is 20% smaller.

I've definitely been assuming the latter

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

christmas boots posted:

https://twitter.com/kthorjensen/status/1419707399628369928?s=21

For some context.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Also they hired Peter Dinklage to impersonate Biden for photos and videos taken in the "Little White House"

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

The sad thing is that context isn’t even necessary anymore to just nod and go with it. It’s like some twisted Rule 34 of conspiracy theories: no matter what you write and how insane it sounds you can bet that someone somewhere believes that exact poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/juggstorecowboy/status/1419711548117897218?s=20