Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What's a good price range for not poo poo frames, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What's a good price range for not poo poo frames, then?

I mean 24 x 36, you're probably looking at $100 on the low end for a good frame?

For the posters I *really* care about and want to display, I go to a local frame shop. Costs about $120-150 for a decent thick black basic frame with good glass.

But they also close in the back with paper and put a good wire hanger on it. *AND* it's built with real wood, not that cheap MDF heavy-as-gently caress pre-made poo poo, so it's super light.

Worth every penny.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Everything I've heard about this movie says that it's one of the weirdest movies of the year and goddamn if that ain't an appropriate poster.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

flashy_mcflash posted:

Everything I've heard about this movie says that it's one of the weirdest movies of the year and goddamn if that ain't an appropriate poster.

Weirder than Gundam Reconguista in G part III The Legacy of Space?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Anime is illegal

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Anime is illegal

Actually, anime is blood. Give your name, I figured this would be obvious.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gripweed posted:

No idea, the last anime I watched was Disney's Luca.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Noomi Rapace in Lamb, Nicolas Cage in Pig, whos starring in Chicken?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Old McDonald's Cinematic Universe

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sir Anthony Hopkins as Old MacDonald

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This summer, Eric Bana, is Grain Fed

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Howard The Duck finally gets his due!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm here to talk to you about the EIEIO Project. My name....Bingo.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Anime is illegal

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Is Kamen Rider a Jojo now?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Judging from the pre-release stuff, it's more like Chainsaw Man. There are devils and you can make contracts with them to use their powers, but the lead guy has made a contract with a nice devil

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

flashy_mcflash posted:

I know nothing about the movie but this post and that poster are giving off some heavy Mother! Vibes.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

And trans.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm glad Leto can still get work, I thought his career was over after he went to the beach that makes you old.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 30, 2021

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
oh poo poo are they doing a new one?

edit: or...is DC doing a Starro thing and making it look like Warning from Space? drat

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 30, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Yeah the new Suicide Squad movie has Starro as the big villain and the Japanese poster is evocative of Warning From Space

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
That's kinda cool then, neat.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Wait, that’s not Jeffrey Tambor?

Zechariah
Mar 20, 2020

There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night
My brother sent me a picture of my nephew:

So I sent him back this:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

:hmmyes:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/lotronprime/status/1422255647106617359?s=21

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Name is kind of a mouthful.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I was hoping that series would look dramatically different from the movies. I always thought the movies played it super safe visually, and that became the dominant visual depiction of the books. Which is a shame, people should get weird with The Lord of the Rings. If the show looked way different maybe that would open up some creative space.

Oh well.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Expecting a LOT of Ron Prime

Terry Grunthouse
Apr 9, 2007

I AM GOING TO EAT YOU LOOK MY TEETH ARE REALLY GOOD EATERS
fuckin years of the trees though, hell yeah

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I was hoping that series would look dramatically different from the movies. I always thought the movies played it super safe visually, and that became the dominant visual depiction of the books. Which is a shame, people should get weird with The Lord of the Rings. If the show looked way different maybe that would open up some creative space.

A few months back one of the concept artists implied they're sticking as close to the Jackson films as legally possible. I'd guess it's more or less a risk mitigation thing to ensure general audiences get what they expect, but I'm bummed too. Green Knight made me yearn for something that breaks the typical fantasy standard (set largely by the Jackson movies).

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Understandable, but that shot's the Undying lands and I was kinda hoping that if they had any shots of that it'd just be brief glimpses of something inhumanly and just impossibly grand on scales we couldn't dream of.

If that's an elf-city in Valinor then it's probably Tirion, famed for being a city of pure white with crystal stairs and streets paved with diamond. You can go a little bonkers with that.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 3, 2021

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The series has cost them half a billion dollars to produce. Yes, they are playing it safe.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mister Chief posted:

The series has cost them half a billion dollars to produce. Yes, they are playing it safe.

In my opinion, they should have spent less money and taken more risks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I don't think that was even an option, because the Tolkien estate charged a ton (as they should), and also put a bunch of stipulations on what Amazon could/could not do