Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

crepeface posted:

oh man, i had no idea shooter wasn't the standard thinly veiled right-wing specialops fantasy. might actually give it a watch.

you absolutely should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the new chapo episode was enjoyable, to me

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Newest Chapo was ok, kind of weird to have a free movie episode

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'd never even heard of Shooter before so this is great to me.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Shooter was one of those movies you could buy for $5 at a Blockbuster that was going out of business next week. Nonetheless, I never saw it.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i do vaguely remember when shooter came out but i guess thought it was a movie about the dc sniper. did they ever make a dc sniper movie?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ulli Lommel, an absolutely garbage horror movie director, did a series of absolutely garbage movies about serial killers and the DC Sniper was one of them.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it was one of about 20 dvds we owned and ive seen it maybe 30 times but not once in the last 10 years. its very forgettable regardless except for the shooting down a chopper with a bolt action rifle scene, which is in the very beginning. its funny that its structured like a mystery, though, what with the whole bullet into the soup can thing.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lobster shirt posted:

i do vaguely remember when shooter came out but i guess thought it was a movie about the dc sniper. did they ever make a dc sniper movie?

Apparently there was a straight-to-DVD movie starring Ken Foree of Dawn of the Dead/Kenan & Kel fame

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.C._Sniper

E: beaten

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
my exucse is that I watched a lot of HBO growing up and well into my adult years so I got exposed to a bunch of movies that might otherwise have floated by as dreck, but I knew Shooter was cool even before I became a Marxist

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I took AP US Govt in high school and we had a trip to DC that was almost cancelled because of the beltway sniper. We ended up going but in retrospect I would have been better off if we hadn't because we did poo poo like go to a taping of Crossfire and I met Paul Begala lol.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Lommel is to Uwe Boll what Boll is to, like, John Carpenter. I saw several of his movies (because they were on the $2 rack at a moribund Blockbuster) and most of them are just people walking around a warehouse talking. And the sound mixing is so bad you can't hear the dialogue. And it's the same warehouse. Just had to get that out.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
There was a well-reviewed DC sniper movie called Blue Caprice.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I've been listening to old episodes of e1 and I'm blown away that the episode Hot Lips predicted influencers dragging Ann Frank.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Does matt no longer do streams or solo vids? Those were great rip

he records them on twitch, there was a new one yesterday

Chris indicates he’s been too busy to load them to yt

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I'm pretty sure there are free Twitch-to-mp3 websites you can use. I used similar ones to pull his rants from YouTube.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

he records them on twitch, there was a new one yesterday

https://anchor.fm/s/19346b24/podcast/rss

There is a podcast feed for them, although I don't know how regularly updated it is.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

a Loving Dog posted:

speaking of, man democracy now has fallen pretty far :(

i used to listen to them every day at work in coll age

Loved it when they had the Victims of Communism "god entrusted me with destroying the Chinese communist party" guy on to talk about made-up Uyghur poo poo

They are 100% co-opted if they weren't always. The Norm Finkelstein ep of Trueanon makes me think they were always like this and I was just too much of a lib to notice a few years ago.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
We were talking about the Daily Show in the Chapo thread. I think the issue with these media liberals is not that they became more right wing; they seem to have stayed in the same place while the earth moved under their feet. Like, the guy who wrote that New Yorker article seems like a left-liberal who's mad that NPR is no longer the far horizon of leftism.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
norm finkelstein is unimpeachable

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I wouldn't listen to podcasts your first time through Death Stranding because occasionally there are licensed music tracks at pivotal points and almost all of them are incredibly well done and memorable

yeah i only ever listen to other stuff while I’m doing side missions. but there are a ton of them and they give really good rewards so it works out

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I tried listening to the latest Death/Corner and man Michael S Judge is not sounding good at all and i couldn't do even 10 minutes, holy poo poo. i know he's been on the physical/mental decline for awhile now but like not sleeping for 60 days straight sounding like poo poo -- like, literally he hasn't been able to sleep. i've been listening to some of the early episodes again and it's night and day how absolutely on point, articulate, and vocal he is compared to now. the dude has apparently tried to get help in the past but lol at american healthcare system. rip my spider network dude.

he was one of the greatest (or at least one of my favorite) podcasters after brace/liz, stav, and dryboys so it's really painful to see that happen.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 17:58 on Jul 27, 2021

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

Blue Caprice is extremely good

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Xaris posted:

I tried listening to the latest Death/Corner and man Michael S Judge is not sounding good at all and i couldn't do even 10 minutes, holy poo poo. i know he's been on the physical/mental decline for awhile now but like not sleeping for 60 days straight sounding like poo poo -- like, literally he hasn't been able to sleep. i've been listening to some of the early episodes again and it's night and day how absolutely on point, articulate, and vocal he is compared to now. the dude has apparently tried to get help in the past but lol at american healthcare system. rip my spider network dude.

he was one of the greatest (or at least one of my favorite) podcasters after brace/liz, stav, and dryboys so it's really painful to see that happen.

checking this pod out, on apple's pod app they don't have many free eps and they're pretty scattered. should i just start at their earliest free one (67) and go forward from there?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
god bless leslie lee

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

papa horny michael posted:

god bless leslie lee

Is he melting down about pop culture again?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Mr Hootington posted:

Is he melting down about pop culture again?

He’s very Twitter poisoned, he’s absolutely right about Rian Johnson lookalikes who think liking The Last Jedi = Good politics.

And personally I think people take Leslie’s movie opinions way too seriously

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Equeen posted:

He’s very Twitter poisoned, he’s absolutely right about Rian Johnson lookalikes who think liking The Last Jedi = Good politics.

They definitely do but he also takes other people's opinions about his opinions way too seriously

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/IgnatzHaderach/status/1420019097455190024?s=20

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They definitely do but he also takes other people's opinions about his opinions way too seriously

I had to stop following him on twitter because for every funny or interesting movie tweet he has 5x as many tweets about an ongoing drama with some rando with three followers who disagreed with him two months ago

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Shooter was one of those movies you could buy for $5 at a Blockbuster that was going out of business next week. Nonetheless, I never saw it.

I remember being surprised by it when I caught that movie on TV years after it released. It's definitely an Alex Jones inspired script.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Equeen posted:

I'm glad I unfollowed him and jack

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Hooplah posted:

checking this pod out, on apple's pod app they don't have many free eps and they're pretty scattered. should i just start at their earliest free one (67) and go forward from there?

yeah the first ep is actually episode 67 (cia stole all the ones before it for being too drat good) which is about the American Reconquista and then getting into Crying of Lot 49, V, etc. after around ep 83 everything is only the premium feed. i'd def start with some of the earlier ones on the free-feed first and see if you like the vibe. i think MSJ is a great talker and extremely soothing and very sharp. he's been on trueanon a bit like he did the spider network series and adam curtis episode; and he's also had matt christman on a fair bit on the patreon feed talking about like L Ron Hubbard and Q-Anon which are also good.

A lot of his earlier episodes are more about weaving in and talking about the works of Thomas Pynchon in detail tying into the deep state/CIA, beatnik/hippy era, imperialism; and as the show goes on it gets less about Pynchon's works in particular into more about deep state and it's coups, assasinations, modern machinations of america political pagentry, and how we're in what he dubs "the fourth reich" in that the third reich never really ended, just got transferred to america -- which i can't really disagree with.

he'll also do other random episodes like a lot about a series about the works of David Bowie, guitars and guitar tech, and one of my favorite one is The Fuhrer Stays in the Picture about cinematic technique.

pm me for the D/C patreon feed if you're interested after trying out some of the free-feed eps

Xaris has issued a correction as of 21:45 on Jul 27, 2021

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm glad I unfollowed him and jack

i think Leslie is fine, and other people are extremely weird at him lol

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Does matt no longer do streams or solo vids? Those were great rip

He still does them but they haven't been uploading them to YouTuber for a fair few weeks. You need to watch them on twitch until then. It irritates me since I can't change the playback speed on mobile twitch.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wolfsheim posted:

I had to stop following him on twitter because for every funny or interesting movie tweet he has 5x as many tweets about an ongoing drama with some rando with three followers who disagreed with him two months ago

Same

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

norm finkelstein is unimpeachable

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I am about to kill somebody over the hell of presidents wacky sound effects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Homeless Friend posted:

I am about to kill somebody over the hell of presidents wacky sound effects
chris wade ftw

i've only done ep 1 (which was good) but i didn't mind them. then again i had to listen to nick mullen with his new expensive soundboard for like 3 months but i am now immune to all soundboardisms