Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I like to pet the lizard doggos with my sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
You're a bad person.

I wish I could tame the bird instead of the lizard dog :(

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
I have tried to tame the lizard doggos several times. They don't like me and they won't eat any treats I drop in front of them. :(

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Phssthpok posted:

I have tried to tame the lizard doggos several times. They don't like me and they won't eat any treats I drop in front of them. :(

Crouch, drop a raspberry, move back, crouch walk forward and hit E when it starts eating it. If you're not crouching they'll run away every time.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

IcePhoenix posted:

I like to pet the lizard doggos with my sword

once dispatched, nothing can recall or stop the Doggo Protection Detail, not even death

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

You don't have to crouch (though it works), but you can't be running. If you move faster than the walking speed* at any time within a certain radius around them they'll stop the taming process.

If you see a lizard doggo, untoggle run then go through the taming process and don't toggle it back on until you're done.

* I can't remember if blade runners change the base walking speed as well but IIRC the game only checks if you're running while moving

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GotLag posted:

You're a bad person.

I'm not the one who tried to kill someone with radiation that I knew they couldn't handle for like actual days worth of gameplay :colbert:

little fuckers are killpet on sight forever until that's not a thing anymore because my friends keep taming them (I don't killpet the tame ones unless they attack first)

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

* I can't remember if blade runners change the base walking speed as well but IIRC the game only checks if you're running while moving

Blade runners increase walk speed, and I've seen instructions that say to take them off.

But I've def tamed doggos with them on. So I think if blades are doing anything, it's the slightly faster speed makes people approach the doggo too close during the first bit.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I tamed a doggo once but I prefer to let them run free and be a bit curious and I keep the berries for myself yum yum.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Turns out I can give berries to lizard dogs and just not pet them and they'll run off after a while

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

GotLag posted:

Turns out I can give berries to lizard dogs and just not pet them and they'll run off after a while

So you just... not pet the dog? You monster.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I feed the lizard dog, which is more important from its point of view

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

GotLag posted:

I feed the lizard dog, which is more important from its point of view

no no no, that's the lizard catto

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
First trailer for Update 5 dropped showing some changes to the Northern Forest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-JM_JP8RNc

Hoping they don't get rid of the white trees entirely. The change at 45 seconds is good because it's replacing generic looking trees with better looking generic trees and foliage, but the white trees have their own aesthetic and make the area look more alien especially in areas that also have the weird blue mushroom things. Maybe they'll just be confined to the swamp, either way the after shots are looking a lot more lush than the before shots.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

I’m a fan of every single one of those change demonstrations; particularly the one at the end, with the rocky outcropping at the bottom of the gulch. I knew that area immediately, having built outposts around there in multiple embarks, and didn’t recognize even the terrain geometry under all that new verdure

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I feel it's a bit too Earth-like, they went from No Man's Sky to Skyrim. Also that one crash site is now totally obscured in the dense forest so you can't locate it visually.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I agree it's a little too Earth-like but it looks great. I hope this means they're putting some more resources in that area because right now there aren't many reasons to build up there, aside from the area straddling the northern desert canyon and the eastern edge near the jungle biome.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

The Northern Forest pond with the copper node and all the iron is probably my favourite starting spot. Gonna be weird having it look completely different, but I really like it!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

ymgve posted:

I feel it's a bit too Earth-like, they went from No Man's Sky to Skyrim. Also that one crash site is now totally obscured in the dense forest so you can't locate it visually.

I like it overall but I agree. The sandy floor of the canyon and around the cliff really should have less trees/different plants who grow better in the wet, sandy soil with less light.

Also they really should have kept, or added, some alien looking underbrush at least. The forest is thick enough that most of the floor will be clear, but anywhere there's a break there should be a bunch of ferns and smaller trees growing to fill it.

Nitpicking aside, I do like it overall though.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The alien thing about the forest is that the trees all beg for their life and scream bloody murder when you cut them down.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Is there a spreadsheet or something that shows all the input rates/output rates/power usage for the mining equipment, as well as flow rates for pipes and belt speeds? I'd like to have it as a reference to calculate 100% efficient designs for factories.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
https://satisfactory-calculator.com/ ?

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Thanks. I found that website from a google search earlier, but the link took me to the production planner page which wasn't at all what I needed. Going to the structures link from the main page gives me the info I need.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxvGbCCc6DI

tl;dw: Don't build on the northern coast, major changes planned there

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Tamba posted:

This made me realize i had completely missed seeing the dune desert biome. The cave changes look nice, but they still feel basically useless? Maybe that will change once they do something with the unused items/artifacts, but I still feel like caves would be much more interesting if there was a typo of resource node that was almost exclusively found inside them (or a typo of building you had to build in them, for some reason)--because right now I have no reason to ever want to explore them

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Tamba posted:

drat that's exactly where I am, as Imkibitz recommended the area.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

It's the area I've done the most building in, too, over the years. My most recent save has a train running along the sea-level west and north coasts, as an alternative to building a ton of huge foundation platforms to bridge all of those twisty canyons.

I'm down for some fresh exploration in that area, as long as the resource mix doesn't change too much, I suppose.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Is there a 3rd party tool that can tell me which crash sites I've looted? When I dive back in I really want to track down all the alternate recipes

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Slanderer posted:

Is there a 3rd party tool that can tell me which crash sites I've looted? When I dive back in I really want to track down all the alternate recipes

Upload your save here and use the filters to only show crash sites:

https://satisfactory-calculator.com/en/interactive-map

The ones you've looted already will be greyed out.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Upload your save here and use the filters to only show crash sites:

https://satisfactory-calculator.com/en/interactive-map

The ones you've looted already will be greyed out.

sick, thanks!

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Why is there a difference between the target production rate and the actual rate? Is it because I am using a MK2 smelter?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Coffee Sludge
Dec 14, 2003

Dag nabbit
Grimey Drawer

SkunkDuster posted:

Why is there a difference between the target production rate and the actual rate? Is it because I am using a MK2 smelter?

If your machine is off when you make a change it won't reflect it until it's powered back on from what I've experienced.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Coffee Sludge posted:

If your machine is off when you make a change it won't reflect it until it's powered back on from what I've experienced.

More specifically, the actual production numbers only update when an item/set of items is actually finished.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

As I understand it the actual production rate (listed by the product) is based on the time it's actually taken to produce items, so it can also account for things like not being adequately supplied. This requires you to have actually produced something for it to update.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Been awhile since I played. Have they fixed their network code so hostile aliens aren't invisible in multiplayer yet?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Haven't had that problem for a long time, probably update 3 or before. Mostly had the poison flowers be invisible back then. It was good when update 4 dropped.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

LLSix posted:

Been awhile since I played. Have they fixed their network code so hostile aliens aren't invisible in multiplayer yet?

That's pretty funny! I'd (almost) remove the passive mod we use to have that happen :)

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I tried to make a mall set up where I'd take excess production, run it through a smart splitter and have it conveyored off to a container but at some point I realized it it was still faster for me to just go over to the fabricator or whatever and grab the excess whenever I needed it

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Peewi posted:

More specifically, the actual production numbers only update when an item/set of items is actually finished.

It had been turned on and chugging along for quite a while. I do have a mod installed for something like MK4-6 equipment, so maybe that is a little buggy on the display.

I counted it and the number in the upper right is actually what it is producing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWOHHYv4Lok

Biggest update yet.