Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"but andrew jackson was busy fighting the seminoles in fl-" SILENCE *guitar riff*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

go on a diet you fat bitch

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The Brad Neely drop in the Washington episode is great but in general the drops and sound effects are way too egregious. Probably my only criticism of Hell of Presidents. It's the best Chapo content in a long time

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

William Howard Taft
GO ON A DIET YOU FAT BITCH

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

harry truman to chairman mao: haha, you're chinese

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

no honors paid to the Duke soundboard. he's got balls of steel

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
your father is Chinese

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

*gunshot noise*

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The soundboard really started a golden era of cumtown.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it was pretty soon after the sad nick era so it was a great change of pace

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I enjoyed the latest episode of chapo, although I was confused to learn that Americans pronounce Eritrea differently

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xaris posted:

chris wade ftw

He does a ka-ching register sound effect but it repeats and fades over the course of like 1 minute and you can't help but wonder if you're hallucinating the 1% volume ka-ching

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it was always golden cum.

lol how fast nick got bored with it and put it in the closest never to see the light of day.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
The offensive thing about it is they're added in post, not done live. So Matt is yapping as a register is being continually opened. Terrible.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

XMNN posted:

I enjoyed the latest episode of chapo, although I was confused to learn that Americans pronounce Eritrea differently

i always pronounced it like the name of the main character of the shannara chronicles which made me very confused when i tried watching that show

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Homeless Friend posted:

He does a ka-ching register sound effect but it repeats and fades over the course of like 1 minute and you can't help but wonder if you're hallucinating the 1% volume ka-ching

It's the start of Money, by Pink Floyd, so I guess props to Chris for the hallucinating vibes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

XMNN posted:

how do other people pronounce it? all i know is just saying like ert-trah

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWICOht1Ago

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ive never heard anyone say eritrea like will did

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

i say swears online posted:

harry truman to chairman mao: haha, you're chinese

Did they read from the letter where he calls him "mousey dung"

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Xaris posted:

how do other people pronounce it? all i know is just saying like ert-trah

Ery-trea

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

drat the chapo guys mispronounced something? crazy

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I've always heard it as air-ra-tray-uh

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

The offensive thing about it is they're added in post, not done live. So Matt is yapping as a register is being continually opened. Terrible.

It's gotta be sweet landing a job as "the person who does simple basic technical work for a high-earning podcast whose hosts are decent enough to split all earnings equally."

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

I am about to kill somebody over the hell of presidents wacky sound effects

have u considered "chilling out"??

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

that guitar riff is stuck in my head forever

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i'd say the sound effects are veering into slightly being overused, although hell of presidents is otherwise pretty great

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dreylad posted:

you're a *booop* harry

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

drat the chapo guys mispronounced something? crazy

Remember how Will pronounced zine?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dreylad posted:

I want to use SILENCE in work meetings.

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
The Chris drops are fine except the stock musket sounds when they talk about a battle and playing a bit of some piece of media when someone expecitly is referring to the media itself

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnEdgelord posted:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gripweed posted:

Remember how Will pronounced zine?

i'd rother not

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'm about to go through War Nerd withdrawals. I'm scratching myself. C'mon man I'll take anything. I'll take a Chinese border war, just give me somethin.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

AnEdgelord posted:

this is how I've always heard it in Britain (please do not bully me)

the pronunciation things I've found have all been air-uh-tree-uh or similar, so I think wills air-ee-tree-uh might be unusual still

also where can you listen to hell of presidents? is it on their patreon or do I have to work out how stitchr works?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm about to go through War Nerd withdrawals. I'm scratching myself. C'mon man I'll take anything. I'll take a Chinese border war, just give me somethin.

saw this on the RWN facebook page and found it amusing

also need a new ep soon — lots going on!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

XMNN posted:

also where can you listen to hell of presidents? is it on their patreon or do I have to work out how stitchr works?

I made an RSS feed for it, search my (bad) posts in here; and it should have been maybe 3-5 days ago. id look it up but I’m phone posting.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
chris owns. haters vacate

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If you've listened to every episode then drat I tip my hat to you. I don't even think I've cracked 10% yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

XMNN posted:

this is how I've always heard it in Britain (please do not bully me)

the pronunciation things I've found have all been air-uh-tree-uh or similar, so I think wills air-ee-tree-uh might be unusual still

This youtube channel has them. You can use youtube-dl if you just want the mp3s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvmyhmUkVSE