Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

This kinda popped into my head.

If you could have any 5 AEW wrestlers appear on a season of Taskmaster, who would it be?

Peter Avalon
Big Swole
Sammy Guevara
Matt Hardy
Britt Baker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

smarxist posted:

for you heathenous non-Dark watchers, here's the moment of the night:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/595841839295365125/869727694500278322/9kHRASNurK.mp4

my eyes legit bugged out of my skull

Holy poo poo. I have never gone from going "who" to desperately wanting to see someone wrestle so quickly.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Procrastinator posted:

you know, this is a really neat point, thank you
I'm a big mythology geek so it might be the trials in reverse. Jericho was already at the Pantheon as AEW champion and MJF is working him backwards through the Trials of Hercules gimmick by having him metaphorically kill his family until Jericho becomes the Judas. Jericho loses, taken off TV for a while while MJF gets over as the next big heel behind Kenny.

Jericho loves putting people over. PnP and Sammy are over as hell now, MJF is over as hell. After this feud, Jericho isn't necessary anymore, he got a ton of people over and can take a break. The other thing Jericho loves is re-inventing himself, and he's one of the few people in the wrestling industry good at it (Except Painmaker it was lame)

Sammy needs the kind of run that MJF and Darby have already gotten, and I think this whole feud relies on Sammy being the one to ultimately beat MJF, not Jericho.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Re: Dark, it's nice to see someone trying to get over the play of the day/overdrive/cool breaker/terrible finisher that they keep giving people

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Bee posted:

Holy poo poo. I have never gone from going "who" to desperately wanting to see someone wrestle so quickly.

He had a really good match on Dark against Matt Sydal some weeks back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOYTQszA85w&t=5263s

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

rotinaj posted:

Re: Dark, it's nice to see someone trying to get over the play of the day/overdrive/cool breaker/terrible finisher that they keep giving people

I remember thinking it looked cool back in the day when Elix Skipper did it.

Going back and watching some highlights, he probably did it more fluidly than anyone after, but it's still a stupid move that doesn't look like it hurts.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The Bee posted:

dante is the youngest member of the roster after julia hart and i hope he has a long as hell career ahead of him

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i love that he rocks the BLM armband

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

smarxist posted:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/595841839295365125/869727694500278322/9kHRASNurK.mp4

The cameras didn't catch all of it, but when he jumped over the turnbuckle Nemeth just freezes in place, mouth agape the whole time. He didn't move again until Dante got back into the ring; it was a really funny beat.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

If anyone wants to meet me at the show tomorrow I’ll be the chubby middle-aged bald white guy with a beard. Oh, and I’ll probably have a black t-shirt on.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Looks at avatar, smdh

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

If you could have any 5 AEW wrestlers appear on a season of Taskmaster, who would it be?

John Silver
Nyla Rose
Ethan Page
Excalibur
Rebel

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

My knee jerk answer was to put all five Best Friends on it so the season would somehow end with zero points across the board

I have legitimately thought about what a shame it was that Taskmaster US was such a flop, because getting professional wrestlers on that show would loving rule

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

dante is the youngest member of the roster after julia hart and i hope he has a long as hell career ahead of him

seriously, he rules

Tho I wish they'd have his brother on the shows a little bit too, just as kind of a shot in the arm. I liked that guy too. Let him second his brother, practice his promoes. Something.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Oh I’m taking out Ethan Page in my list and replacing him with Trent? Trent? on Taskmaster would be absolutely mind-blowing

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Cody
Kilynn King
Fuego
Baron Black

why mess with perfection

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
what is taskmaster

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

dr luther the japanese deathmatch legend x5

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

graph posted:

what is taskmaster

British comedy show where comedians challenge each other to perform odd tasks

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

graph posted:

what is taskmaster

make british comedians/celebrities do dumb stuff for people to watch, with them occasionally being clever at the dumb stuff. it's fun

https://www.youtube.com/c/Taskmaster/videos

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

smarxist posted:

gently caress yes I've been calling for them to let him do this forever

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
In the last 15 months Britt has lost a handful of matches

Hikaru Shida (She won the title off her afterwards)
Nyla Rose (She successfully defended the title against her)

She hasn't won against
Thunder Rosa
Yuka Sakazaki
Big Swole

It's Yuka's last week on tour, give us the match coward Tony. Then give us Big Swole and Thunder Rosa.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

She hasn't won against
Thunder Rosa
Yuka Sakazaki
Big Swole

It's Yuka's last week on tour, give us the match coward Tony. Then give us Big Swole and Thunder Rosa.

I saw somewhere that Yuka's last match on this excursion will be vs. Shida.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

rotinaj posted:

seriously, he rules

Tho I wish they'd have his brother on the shows a little bit too, just as kind of a shot in the arm. I liked that guy too. Let him second his brother, practice his promoes. Something.

I thought this too, but it may just be that Darius doesn’t want to do the traveling with an injury. Being on a plane with a bad knee sucks a lot and you don’t want to take a chance on making the injury worse or lengthening the healing time.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah i feel like we'll get Britt vs Rosa soon where Rosa loses and then she'll avenge that loss and take the title off Britt at the end of her reign

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If Rosa/Baker isn't the main event on the first Rampage, Tony Khan is an incompetent booker.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

RealFoxy posted:

She hasn't won against
Thunder Rosa
Yuka Sakazaki
Big Swole

I know some are a lot higher on Big Swole, but I just dont think she is good in the ring. I'd rather see Diamante against Britt

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Duke Pukem posted:

I know some are a lot higher on Big Swole, but I just dont think she is good in the ring. I'd rather see Diamante against Britt
If the relationship between AEW and NWA are solid, I think Swole winning the title at EmPowerrrr would boost both companies. Swole is over but she needs work, and NWA needs a name big enough to draw shows. The NWA Women's title has almost become the secondary women's title in AEW

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

RealFoxy posted:

She hasn't won against
Thunder Rosa
Yuka Sakazaki
Big Swole

Britt beat Rosa a few weeks before their unsanctioned match.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Deeb going to AEW full time, plus Riho, Emi and Shida, would pretty much kill any of the poo poo about the women's division being weak. Plus you have Baker, Nyla, Tay, Statlander and Bunny who are all solid.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the division hasn't been weak for awhile, it just needs more TV time

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't forget mel

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the talent level isn't the issue. The lack of stories and meaningful matches is.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cavauro posted:

don't forget mel

I still laugh how this poor woman shaved her head for nothing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

I still laugh how this poor woman shaved her head for nothing

aerodynamics

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, Mel's last AEW match was in August last year beating Red Velvet on Dark in 2:33

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

She was really bad

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rotinaj posted:

I am finishing up Elevation from last night, and holy poo poo does Pac look ripped and muscular and beastly as gently caress. He always looks good, but he looks REALLY good.

I think Pac's late-2018 DG title run after WWE had him on the shelf for a year was the best I've ever seen him look. I'm pretty sure he just spent all that downtime angrily working out.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Mel is very bad at wrestling for having 14 years experience. I was surprised to see her announced for the next AAW show, so she's still working.

Gaz-L posted:

Deeb going to AEW full time

Deeb is #AllElite and has been for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Pylons posted:

I saw somewhere that Yuka's last match on this excursion will be vs. Shida.

Shida heel turn incoming just as I predicted