Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Flyinglemur posted:

It was a lot of nasty seawater

Do you guys go in the dome? We had to go into ours (DDG) to do an inspection on the array. Although our dome is filled with fresh water. The airlock to it always made me nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

So a bit of "lost fingat" local OSHA. Guy last night blew a giant hole in his backyard by filling an Xbox with explosives (tannerite would be my guess) and setting it off. He apparently has an extremely large amount of additional explosives and the neighborhood is still evacuated about 18 hours after the fact. No word on if it's a boy or a girl :v:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
XboX... two X chromosomes means a girl :j:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Do you guys go in the dome? We had to go into ours (DDG) to do an inspection on the array. Although our dome is filled with fresh water. The airlock to it always made me nervous.

Yeah it starts off with fresh water but after months in the ocean, it evens out. On a 688 you can access the inside of the sphere from the inside of the boat and the dome from the outside. It's possible to go in and out of the dome while next to the pier, once it is pumped out and gas free'd.

Climbing around inside the dome, sail and ballast tanks should be it's own OSHA thread. It's like a claustrophobic jungle gym that is a thousand degrees, slippery as poo poo and smells like the inside of a wet dog.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Marcade posted:

So a bit of "lost fingat" local OSHA. Guy last night blew a giant hole in his backyard by filling an Xbox with explosives (tannerite would be my guess) and setting it off. He apparently has an extremely large amount of additional explosives and the neighborhood is still evacuated about 18 hours after the fact. No word on if it's a boy or a girl :v:

He'd have to shoot tannerite with a fairly high velocity cartridge to pull that off. Even .357 or .44 Mag out of a rifle won't do.

Oh well, what's a firearms charge on top of an explosives charge between former friends and neighbors?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nenonen posted:

XboX... two X chromosomes means a girl :j:

Xbox Series X may have developmental disabilities :ohdear:

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I stand corrected, it was not tannerite. It was TATp.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

senrath posted:

Hand-over-hand used to be really popular which I believe came from when cars didn't have/have to include airbags. It's been something explicitly taught against for a long time now though.

Hand-over -hand is standard. Shuffle steering is for racing with a fast steering rack. I shuffle steer in general, but in a parking lot, it's hand-over-hand. Shuffle steering in a parking lot will slow you way down.

I happened to practice shuffle steering when I was a kid so I got good at it. It's not safe by any means. It does save you though from crossing arms. It's only fun on a curvy, deserted road. Otherwise, it's just really not safe.

Always do hand-over-hand at low speed. It's just better unless you have 10 minutes free to park your vehicle.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/vMd58xP.mp4

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

How did that jeep do a 720 degree spin? Also nice content, a lot of stuff I haven't seen before.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

That unsecured roll on that truck is legit terrifying.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Cyrano4747 posted:

I sincerely hope that wasn't an owner-operator.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Whooping Crabs posted:

How did that jeep do a 720 degree spin? Also nice content, a lot of stuff I haven't seen before.

I’ve seen a gen2 Eclipse do a 720 on the highway IN THE DRY. It is literally impossible to underestimate the driving skill present in the general public. They will generally do exactly the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
*car does a 900*

*somewhere, tony hawk stands up and applauds*

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
No one cares about 900s anymore now that that Brazilian kid can do a 1080.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
All of those had the potential to be very tragic.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

All of those had the potential to be very tragic.

Based on the way the camera was moving I'm about 90% sure the one with the watermelons dumping on the road was taken from a motorcycle.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Marcade posted:

I stand corrected, it was not tannerite. It was TATp.

I recall checking wiki after some bad movie to see if this stuff was real and allegedly it kills/killed a bunch of bomb makers because looking at it wrong makes it explode.

quote:

Acetone peroxide is an organic peroxide and a primary high explosive. It is produced by the reaction of acetone and hydrogen peroxide to yield a mixture of linear monomer and cyclic dimer, trimer, and tetramer forms. The trimer is known as triacetone triperoxide (TATP) or tri-cyclic acetone peroxide (TCAP). The dimer is known as diacetone diperoxide (DADP). Acetone peroxide takes the form of a white crystalline powder with a distinctive bleach-like odor (when impure) or a fruit-like smell when pure, and can explode powerfully if subjected to heat, friction, static electricity, concentrated sulfuric acid, strong UV radiation or shock.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, tannerite has seem little to no use in terrorism because it requires the massive impulse of a rifle bullet to detonate even after being mixed. If you want to build a bomb to kill people, you've got much easier options like black powder in a pressure cooker. All of the accidents that happen with it are people overstuffing a target, standing too close, and getting hit with shrapnel. Or starting wildfires with a gender reveal party.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

MrYenko posted:

I’ve seen a gen2 Eclipse do a 720 on the highway IN THE DRY. It is literally impossible to underestimate the driving skill present in the general public. They will generally do exactly the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time.

My first car was an AWD Gen 2 Eclipse and I once spun a 720 in the dry taking an offramp too fast. When AWD/4WD vehicles lose traction they tend to do so spectacularly.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, tannerite has seem little to no use in terrorism because it requires the massive impulse of a rifle bullet to detonate even after being mixed. If you want to build a bomb to kill people, you've got much easier options like black powder in a pressure cooker. All of the accidents that happen with it are people overstuffing a target, standing too close, and getting hit with shrapnel. Or starting wildfires with a gender reveal party.

Queue up that "CEASE FIRE MOTHERFUCKER" goon video

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Based on the way the camera was moving I'm about 90% sure the one with the watermelons dumping on the road was taken from a motorcycle.

Undoubtedly. I thought that was mighty impressive and thought the video was over. But then it just kept going :magical:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Queue up that "CEASE FIRE MOTHERFUCKER" goon video

GA_lawnmower_man.flv

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I can't forget how he says "ow I blew off mah leg!" after he blows off his leg.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

GA_lawnmower_man.flv

Nope, that's a different idiot. "CEASE FIRE MOTHERFUCKERS" is 100% home grown TFR ca . . . I want to say 2005? It was already a borderline legend when I started posting, so take my regdate and subtract a few.

Tl;dr is that there was a goon meet with a bunch of people shooting stuff, and tannerite was involved. Someone plopped a bunch of tannerite in an empty wooden crate that was something silly like 25 or 50 yards off the firing line and was out there presumably on the logic of "it's fun to shoot empty containers." That's waaaaaay too close to be sticking tannerite in anything, and especially something that will fragment if blown up. Anyways, tannerite goes boom, chunk of wooden box flies back towards the firing line and clocks SkyShark in the dome, queue "CEASE FIRE MOTHERFUCKERS." No one seriously hurt in the end, iirc SkyShark got a scalp cut but that was the end of it. Could have been much, much worse.

OSHA as all fuuuuuck and I'm incredibly glad I wasn't there for that.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cyrano4747 posted:

Nope, that's a different idiot. "CEASE FIRE MOTHERFUCKERS" is 100% home grown TFR ca . . . I want to say 2005? It was already a borderline legend when I started posting, so take my regdate and subtract a few.

Tl;dr is that there was a goon meet with a bunch of people shooting stuff, and tannerite was involved. Someone plopped a bunch of tannerite in an empty wooden crate that was something silly like 25 or 50 yards off the firing line and was out there presumably on the logic of "it's fun to shoot empty containers." That's waaaaaay too close to be sticking tannerite in anything, and especially something that will fragment if blown up. Anyways, tannerite goes boom, chunk of wooden box flies back towards the firing line and clocks SkyShark in the dome, queue "CEASE FIRE MOTHERFUCKERS." No one seriously hurt in the end, iirc SkyShark got a scalp cut but that was the end of it. Could have been much, much worse.

OSHA as all fuuuuuck and I'm incredibly glad I wasn't there for that.

drat that's worse than the gooncamp where we were having roman candle wars and someone had brought mortars. Someone lit one, then in a panic threw it into a bush, where it exploded and started a fire (that was quickly put out luckily)

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Now I'm reminded of the guy who blew his fuckin head off by igniting a mortar on top of his head and the photo every news story ran was of him dressed up as Gaston for his job at Disney World.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Uh, are you down there now, do you want us to get help?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Olewithmilk posted:

Uh, are you down there now, do you want us to get help?
We've already been here many times, let's just skip right to where we know this is going

**Goons1-20 piss in the well**

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Pretty decent oubliette, 7/10 dungeoneering there. Had to take off some for lack of shoring and hypothetically your victims may be able to escape through the claustrophobia pipe. 9/10 if that pipe leads to a vertical section there's no escape from, or some sort of skull chamber

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Cyrano4747 posted:

I handled a loss once where one of them fell off of a truck travelling south/east on the upper deck of the I-95 Girard Point Bridge in Philadelphia, just at a point where the upper & lower decks split to form back into a single road surface on the landward side. It dropped forty feet onto the back half of a north/westbound Volvo wagon, absolutely pancaking it but somehow miraculously causing only minor injuries

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DRINK ME posted:

I recall checking wiki after some bad movie to see if this stuff was real and allegedly it kills/killed a bunch of bomb makers because looking at it wrong makes it explode.

Popular with terrorists because it can be made from non-controlled precursors and bypasses some types of explosive detectors. Unpopular with terrorists because it's almost impossible to make and use without blowing yourself up.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It ain’t called “Mother of Satan” for nothing.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

This kills the crab car

Edit: Carnies are cheating:

https://i.imgur.com/sQBBlWi.mp4

DelphiAegis fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 28, 2021

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Especially for the lady with the open hood and window:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_akwHYMdbsM

PULL THE gently caress OVER, YOU gently caress!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Now I'm reminded of the guy who blew his fuckin head off by igniting a mortar on top of his head and the photo every news story ran was of him dressed up as Gaston for his job at Disney World.

Couple years ago somebody a few blocks down from me died in a fireworks battle trying to launch a mortar shell off his sternum and dropping it in the tube backwards.

Three hours later, someone else from the same apartment complex did it again.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

Couple years ago somebody a few blocks down from me died in a fireworks battle trying to launch a mortar shell off his sternum and dropping it in the tube backwards.

Three hours later, someone else from the same apartment complex did it again.

My ex brother in law was trying to look like a cool army man when he dumped a mortar in upside down and then kneeled next to it covering his ears. We saw the flame from the propellant shoot out the top and then realized what he did and started screaming at him to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Is that why he's "ex"?