Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Anybody remember the fight club video game lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Good soup! posted:

As someone who isn't even head over heels about fight club, i hate to tell you this but it has far more going on than the incredible hulk

Lmfao how the gently caress do you like Fincher movies but not like loving fight club, of all things

Shut the gently caress up lol

I never said I didn’t like Fight Club, Fight Club is really really fun. you’re making poo poo up to be angry about, that’s not healthy

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Yea this guy likes marvel movies lol.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
some Marvel movies are fine

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Good soup! posted:

I read a reprint of fight club where Palahniuk wrote a new forward where he talks about the time he was on a haunted hay ride with his family for Halloween and the guide opens up with an intro that is based on the Fight Club Rules and later he mentioned to the guy that he wrote the book that came from (because of course he would say that) and the guy was like "There's a book?"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

God Hole posted:

*watching the end of casablanca*

im sorry but wandavision this ain't

*La grande illusion comes to a close at the arthouse theater, people begin standing and walking out and I'm still sitting with my chin rested in my hands

Yeah that's about as good as Blankman I'd say

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

indigi posted:

I never said I didn’t like Fight Club, Fight Club is really really fun. you’re making poo poo up to be angry about, that’s not healthy

Yep you got me I am angry

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Laying in bed, high, chuckling and making fun of bad movie opinions. Not healthy! Sad! Congress should investigate.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Good soup! posted:

There was the Beverly Hills Cop videogame where dialogue was done by a spinning wheel and it was poo poo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Good soup! posted:

Laying in bed, high, chuckling and making fun of bad movie opinions. Not healthy! Sad! Congress should investigate.

I’ve never seen anyone be more Not Mad lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

indigi posted:

I’ve never seen anyone be more Not Mad lol

if this is your threshold for Not Mad But Mad™ posting, you have weird standards for posting, you dummy lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Good soup! posted:

if this is your threshold for Not Mad But Mad™ posting, you have weird standards for posting, you dummy lol

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
let's change the subject from marvel movies to ranking fincher movies

1. zodiac
2. the social network
3. panic room
4. the game
5. alien 3
6. fight club
7. gone girl
8. seven
9. girl with the dragon tattoo

i've never seen benjamin button or mank

to this day, i really really enjoy the social network. i know it's cool to hate on aaron sorkin in cspam but i do think he has his talents and the social network is a great example of him finding his niche. there's a lot to superficially criticize about the movie, like the extremely sorkinesque dialogue or the technobabble, but i think that despite these flaws, it's very compelling

panic room is a very underappreciated gem

i like alien 3 but i don't personally love it (and yes, i've seen the assembly cut)

i haven't seen seven for many years, so maybe i'd rank it higher if i rewatched it. my memory is that it was mostly just unpleasantly edgy

the girl with the dragon tattoo was pretty darn bad

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

you're weird lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Aglet56 posted:

1. zodiac
2. Se7en
3. The Game
4. Zodiac
5. alien 3
6. gone girl
7. Dight Club
8. girl with the dragon tattoo

I also didn’t see Mank and don’t feel like Benny Butts or Social Network are worth ranking

e: I might switch 7 and The Game. The Game is just so fun and well executed

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Good soup! posted:

Wasn't that the one with Fred Durst as an unlockable character lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gently caress yeah dude and you could play as Bob, they even paid for Meatloaf's likeness lmao

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

seven very much lacks subtlety. like, we get it, brad pitt is illiterate. you don't have to hit us over the head with it the whole drat movie

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I looked this up because I thought it was Bryan Singer and was surprised to find out it was a different guy who is also a rapist.

many such cases

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the aaron sorkin script works for the Social Network because it's about elite weirdo and Fincher hates all the characters.

Now I want a Fincher movie about the Obama admin

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
i really hope bob odenkirk didnt die

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I let out an audible "No!" when I saw the headline. He's one of the greats. Hope it's not too serious.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

finally, a spinoff series of just nacho and fring doing cartel/fast food stuff like everyone always wanted

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Good soup! posted:

Yes. Because it is one of three loving game, that features Fred durst of limb bizkit fame.
https://www.giantbomb.com/fred-durst/3005-1447/
https://youtu.be/YpRZEObdj3s?t=189

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 09:51 on Jul 28, 2021

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Aglet56 posted:

1. zodiac
2. the social network
3. panic room
4. the game
5. alien 3
6. fight club
7. gone girl
8. seven
9. girl with the dragon tattoo

how is panic room that high, dude

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

i say swears online posted:

finally, a spinoff series of just nacho and fring doing cartel/fast food stuff like everyone always wanted

I’d watch that

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Until this moment I didn't realize that Sorkin wrote the script for the Social Network. This knowledge is giving me all kinds of Feelings.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Good soup! posted:

Excuse me that's the fight club video game featuring fred durst from the limp bizkit franchise tyvm

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

anybody bring up that game had fred durst

because it had fred durst in it

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Falstaff posted:

Until this moment I didn't realize that Sorkin wrote the script for the Social Network. This knowledge is giving me all kinds of Feelings.

tbf the dialogue is the worst part of that movie

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

grate deceiver posted:

because it's good

e: to make this not a shitpost, forrest whitaker is classic in that movie. i'm a sucker for thrillers set in enclosed environments too. i also always love the trope of criminal heists where some of the criminals are concealing important details from the rest. jared leto is an obvious weak point of the movie but luckily he dies

Aglet56 has issued a correction as of 19:34 on Jul 28, 2021

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

grate deceiver posted:

it's a good movie

Atrocious Joe posted:

the aaron sorkin script works for the Social Network because it's about elite weirdo and Fincher hates all the characters.

Now I want a Fincher movie about the Obama admin

obama but it's actually get out where joe biden takes barry to meet a dying strom thurmond who takes over his body

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/mrbobodenkirk/status/1417955280290254850?s=20

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

gently caress you. The page loaded slow and I was hoping it was a new update. :smith:

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
i love movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
SSSMMMMOOOOKIN'!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

endocriminologist posted:

not me, i hate em :argh:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

endocriminologist posted:

Not if I can help it!!!!!!!!!!!! :blastu:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Aglet56 posted:

because it's good

e: to make this not a shitpost, forrest whitaker is classic in that movie. i'm a sucker for thrillers set in enclosed environments too. i also always love the trope of criminal heists where some of the criminals are concealing important details from the rest. jared leto is an obvious weak point of the movie but luckily he dies

did you see the WW2 b-movie last year about being stuck in the gunner turret of a bomber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Lugubrious posted:

Apparently Gaiman also has maintained a good deal of creative control over this, like he did with Good Omens, so hopefully it ends up at least around that level of quality.
hell yeah

this just reminded me of the hilarious kerfluffle around "Good Omens better not get a season 2 because it's UNCHRISTIAN" despite the 1 season covering the whole book

except apparently they are actually doing a season 2

because Gaiman's using more of the sequel concepts he'd played around with with Pratchett so uh probably gonna be good but it's weird to throw a sequel at the best novel

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I read a reprint of fight club where Palahniuk wrote a new forward where he talks about the time he was on a haunted hay ride with his family for Halloween and the guide opens up with an intro that is based on the Fight Club Rules and later he mentioned to the guy that he wrote the book that came from (because of course he would say that) and the guy was like "There's a book?"

https://twitter.com/ed_solomon/status/1184146722253094912