Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I had it working on Chrome and Safari on my Mac, I’m in Ireland. I think I ended up turning off all my adblockers and extensions on the site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Nuts and Gum posted:

On the series X I can’t get flight sim to actually do anything? like im in the menu’s and there’s no way to actually start playing the game. Tried deleting my local game data, rebooting the console, manually checking for updates via the OS.. Is there a way to check for pending downloads in-game?

I’ve tried all the game modes, and I can just ‘go back’ with b. Also when I use the right analog stick to scroll i can’t scroll back up.

This is all on top of the fact that the splash screen looks like a 1080p pic stretched to 4K, then i see a loving mouse cursor on the top left of the tv lmao

Edit - aaah the controls are just straight up busted. I think this is because I have save data in the cloud from my win10 sessions. I’m going into the control options but there’s no cursor and I cant highlight or select anything.

Alright back to my computer I guess!

Saw a reddit thread about this problem, hope it helps

https://old.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/osu3vi/psa_if_youve_played_flight_simulator_on_pc_then/

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I had it working on Chrome and Safari on my Mac, I’m in Ireland. I think I ended up turning off all my adblockers and extensions on the site

Still no luck. Thanks for the suggestions.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Cool, Fatal Frame, Maiden of Dark Water is coming to the Xbox. Cool. I might actually preorder that.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
To celebrate MSFS, I downloaded Crimson Skies, which I've never played. Anything I should know?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

External Organs posted:

To celebrate MSFS, I downloaded Crimson Skies, which I've never played. Anything I should know?

The enemy ai will just line up to get shot by you if you get in a stationary turret

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Hmmm, MSFS is starting to crash on me. Three times already in the last 2 hours.

edit: according to some first reports, activating air traffic may be the cause. This checks out because it's only been happening since I've turned on the option to show other players.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 28, 2021

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Thanks for this!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Laserface posted:

MW2019 Is also completely broken and activision refuse to acknowledge that some maps just do not load and various features have stopped working in the recent update.

I say recent update but the updates are only to warzone, now MW, yet still must be applied to my MW install.

That’s a shame. Modern Warfare 19 is the only cod worth a drat in a decade.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

August GWGs: Darksiders III, Lost Planet 3 (360), Yooka-Laylee, GAROU MOW (360)

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1420398784094228481

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Are those...good GWGs? :popeye:

Who else is excited for The Ascent tomorrow? Game looks sick

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I have no clue what the ascent is. Is it indie, AAA?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Seltzer posted:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Arcade Berg looks like someone's OC irl.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Bardeh posted:

Who else is excited for The Ascent tomorrow? Game looks sick

Def gonna give it a shot. Whatever you call the twin stick shooter hack and slash genre owns. I might play it on PC though since I got a new laptop and want to try it out.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

AA isometric ARPG/shooter with some seriously good production values.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BraveWildIndri-mobile.mp4

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Makes me think of Crusader: No Remorse/Regret for some reason.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The sound design is also looking (sounding) really sweet too.

https://twitter.com/sweetjusticesnd/status/1396858180085374980

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bardeh posted:

Well one of them is Yooka Laylee so can’t all be winners.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Hmm the ascent doesnt really look my speed but I'll still install it and try it since its on gamepass

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Seltzer posted:

I'll still install it and try it since its on gamepass

Amen.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Seltzer posted:

doesnt really look my speed but I'll still install it and try it since its on gamepass

new thread title

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Anyone else get into the Halo flight? Starts tomorrow apparently, which sucks cause I'm way more interested in the ascent.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah. It's just against bots though. No actual online yet.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Jables88 posted:

No - I was on a VPN but disabling that didn't make a difference. I'm using Chrome on a Mac, but didn't get anywhere switching to Safari.
Should I try using Edge?
I used it with Chrome on a Mac for what that's worth, worked great!

Edit: I did not refresh to see that my post was entirely worthless and poo poo.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Plugging in an old mouse did the trick, thanks!

What’s weird is the control profile when broken did say Controller and there was a picture of a controller, but it said ‘with reversed tilt’ or some weird combo that enabled it to half work :classiclol:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is real drat pretty with the X enhancements.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Laserface posted:

Fark, between that and flight sim and the ascent also out this week I need more free time

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bardeh posted:

AA isometric ARPG/shooter with some seriously good production values.

I am very excited for this game tomorrow.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Ascent looks real purdy and apparently isn't a diablo looter with piles of trash items so Im way more intrigued

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Laserface posted:

This makes me frustrated that you can’t give away games you buy digitally. I already have tomb raider DE, but the 3 game set is cheaper than buying the two I don’t have. It would be better if you had transfer rights for the games so if I bought it twice as such I could give away the redundant copy.

Of course I still haven’t played the first one yet. I think I also have it on ps3 and played it for an hour or so.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

There are too many new games coming out at the same time on game pass, I don't what to pick first. Xbox is winning too hard.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The answer is play Blinx first.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Play Blinx so you too can be completely bewildered on how someone could execute the concept so badly

Edit: Twice

Barudak fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jul 29, 2021

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

otter posted:

This makes me frustrated that you can’t give away games you buy digitally. I already have tomb raider DE, but the 3 game set is cheaper than buying the two I don’t have. It would be better if you had transfer rights for the games so if I bought it twice as such I could give away the redundant copy.

Of course I still haven’t played the first one yet. I think I also have it on ps3 and played it for an hour or so.

it would be good if you could just gift your licenses to a friend for a small fee.

being stuck in covid lockdown, TR is at least giving me some nice leafy green stuff to explore :unsmith:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Barudak posted:

The Ascent looks real purdy and apparently isn't a diablo looter with piles of trash items so Im way more intrigued

Wait really

I haven’t been following it very closely but I always hear it described as Gun Diablo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Wait really

I haven’t been following it very closely but I always hear it described as Gun Diablo

Yeah same? I would have been totally down with that tbh.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Wait really

All items are non-procedural and fixed drops in fixed locations, enemies, or sidequests.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Barudak posted:

All items are non-procedural and fixed drops in fixed locations, enemies, or sidequests.

This makes sense, I think it's more of an actual RPG than a looter-action RPG.

Should we be worried that there are no reviews with the game releasing in 10 hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Barudak posted:

I'm kind of ok with this honestly, just means its not a typical ARPG. The shininess of random loot is fun but sometimes it's just not very well designed

I played Grimdawn for the first time over a long weekend with a friend and I got a weapon at level 24 or something that ended up being the best weapon I had until I finished the base campaign at level 50. Cool that I got it but I also effectively never had the excitement of finding something better, and it buffed a certain skill so much I didn't experiment with builds at all because it was so strong

Where Diablo 3 and similar games shine though is how long you can play them for, and how different the experience is every time