Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

SilentChaz posted:

Fang's the best. He's the permanent cranky on my island. :3:

My permanent cranky is Dobie, so Fang won't be staying forever. But he'll be around for a while and I will give him lots of cute sweaters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Turnips have spiked to 588 so I'm opening Cakewalk up for a little while! Dodo Code is in the other thread.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Celeste has once again touched down on Fiorina for a bit of stargazing! Peck is crafting honeycomb flooring.

Dodo in the usual place

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 21, 2021

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Success! I caught a Golden stag this morning on my island! I've now caught every bug (and terrorized Blathers with them all)!

Wasn't even expecting it, but hey, I'm happy. Someday I may try for more of the rare bastards for models, but for now I'm satisfied.

Now if only Redd would bring more art I actually need for my museum...

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

W.T. Fits posted:

Turnips just spiked up to 533 bells on Varmheim, so if you missed out yesterday, here's another shot for you to turn a profit.

Edit: Island is closed for now. Still about six hours left before Nook's Cranny closes for the day, so either toss me a PM or drop a line in here if you still need to sell and I'll try and open back up for you.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 21, 2021

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Current villager roster:

Raymond
Chrissy
Francine
Stinky
Coco
Flurry
Yuka
Boris
Renee
Octavian

I will never let Raymond or Coco leave and I don't want to split up Chrissy and Francine. I think Raymond was my first tent visitor, actually.

I don't know why I'm posting this other than I'm bored at work and would rather be playing ACNH!

Grumble Bees
Oct 5, 2013
Been waiting weeks for a campsite visitor to choose one of my three lazy villagers to swap with. It finally happened today

with a lazy visitor :negative:

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
My streak of good campsite visitors continues. Today it's Ribbot. Three of my last 4 campers have been frogs (Cousteau, Diva, Ribbot) and considering I have Raddle already, I am kind of regretting not going all-in on frogs. I love all my current villagers, though.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Terrible turnip prices all week. 57 Bells today? The gently caress??

e: nvm found an island on Nookazon that was buying turnips for 603 and made almost 2million Bells in a hot second

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 22, 2021

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Frogs are honestly the cutest villagers IMHO because of the tiny crooked hat factor.

Gigi just left and I'm sad, but like I said, Francine and Chrissy belong together dammit (I don't want to redecorate that part of the island).

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Opening Fiorina for some explorin’! Kicks is here with shoes and socks and bags. Ables has some cute summer clothes. Buy whatever you like at Nook’s Cranny!

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 22, 2021

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I have Julian moving out today if anyone wants to adopt a unicorn

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

It's Art Exchange day at Bunhaus!

I have the following real art items free for the taking:
-Dynamic Painting
-Famous Painting
-Warm Painting
-Flowery Painting
-Serene Painting (x2)
-Common Painting (x2).

Follow the path west of the town hall to see the art for trading (and flowers to water please!).

I'm missing the following art if you want to swap:
Graceful Painting
Calm Painting
Scary Painting
Scenic Painting
Nice Painting
Perfect Painting
Motherly Statue
Beautiful Statue
Robust Statue
Gallant Statue
Informative Statue
Ancient Statue
Tremendous Statue
Mystic Statue
Rock Head Statue

Dodo code is GONE. I'll be AFK but around. Hope to see you drop by!!

(Let me know if you still want one of these)

Chieves fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 23, 2021

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

My streak of good campsite visitors continues. Today it's Ribbot. Three of my last 4 campers have been frogs (Cousteau, Diva, Ribbot) and considering I have Raddle already, I am kind of regretting not going all-in on frogs. I love all my current villagers, though.

Ribbot has been with me almost since the beginning. He dressed as a frog for Halloween. I love him so much. His eyes glow at night.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I love Prince. I couldn't possibly have another Lazy

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

J-Spot posted:

I think the limited items that are now in the Nook shopping app were the last of the additions from the most recent patch. They might do an update at the end of the month to maybe add a little something to the future reworks event and some more seasonal shopping app stuff. Who knows if or when they will update with actual new events or features. There’s stuff that was data mined forever ago that never materialized.

It's wild how there's just... Nothing. This is Nintendo's tenth best selling game. Not tenth best on the Switch, tenth best of all time. And it's a game based around an update-friendly structure, in the live service era. But there's no sign of anything coming.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I’m just running on the assumption that the team is probably busy with Splatoon 3 and that things will pick back up a bit once that’s done. I’m honestly happy with the game as it is right now - any additional items/features are just a bonus to me :shobon:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I had ribbot in New Leaf and he moved out while I took a break and I was crushed!! I miss him

Opal moved in today and I don't think she's anyone's favourite but I love her punk haircut

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Bea is in my campsite and I think I have to get her, because when I saw her I said out loud, involuntarily, "Oh my God, a doggie!" I'm such a cartoon sometimes. Still though. She is a doggie. And I have everyone's photo except Bob's.

e: nice, hit the right replacement first try. if anyone wants little white hamster FLURRY she's in boxes for the next few hours!

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 23, 2021

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Celeste is back to visit Mau-Mau again! I have her trapped in the usual spot (where Godzilla fights the T. Rex) or you can just take the warp pipe.

Saharah is around somewhere, too.

Turnips are 179.

CLOSED

DIYs are more organized than last time. Surfboard and Retro fan cataloging is to the right of the airport across the bridge.

Buy what you want at Nooks and Ables.

If it's on the ground and/or in a tree, you can take it.

I'll be AFK but checking on the connection periodically.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jul 24, 2021

Grumble Bees
Oct 5, 2013
Got Celeste trapped on the top northeast cliff. Warp pipe to the left of the entrance will take you to her.

Please don't take items next to houses. Those are gifts for the villagers that haven't given out their photo.

Will be mostly AFK.

Closed

Grumble Bees fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 24, 2021

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Time for them to stop pussyfooting around their glorious IPs. Release the Master Sword and Metroids in jars

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I have Cherry in boxes today. Please PM me if interested.

Edit - bye Cherry.

yippeekiyaymf fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 25, 2021

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Bumper birthday bonanza week on Fiorina! Peck’s birthday (today), my birthday (Friday) and Julia’s birthday (Saturday), all happening this week! 🎂

Birthday 1 of 3 is Peck’s! Come over and say ‘chirp-chirp’ to the goodest birthday bird! KK’s here all day singing tunes! It’s birthday madness on Fiorina!

Dodo: Closed

e: last calls for anyone wanting to visit the birthday boy, closing up in 10 minutes!

e: closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 25, 2021

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Isabelle announced shooting stars this morning and sure enough, they're coming down, so I'm opening up.

CLOSED

DIYs are more organized than last time. Surfboard and Retro fan cataloging is to the right of the airport across the bridge.

Buy what you want at Nooks and Ables.

If it's on the ground and/or in a tree, you can take it.

I'll be AFK but checking on the connection periodically.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 26, 2021

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1420006067375906817?s=19

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1420006074481053714?s=19

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Wow. Yay.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

So this upcoming update - the one in two days - is just items and weekly fireworks?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

LODGE NORTH posted:

So this upcoming update - the one in two days - is just items and weekly fireworks?

Yes

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I'll have Marshal in boxes tomorrow if anyone wants to lay claim before I offer him up to twitter randos. I couldn't wait for the little rear end in a top hat to gtfo so you'd be doing me a favour

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:3:

https://twitter.com/wancorl123/status/1420151291381116929?s=20

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Fireworks were a thing last year, my friends and I used to visit each others' islands to watch them. It was really chill and cool.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

drat that’s clever

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

AAAH I love it

In other news, I completed my bug collection! And then my net immediately poofed away. I could not have planned that better if I'd tried.

Just fish left now! So much bait crafting to do...

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

effika posted:

In other news, I completed my bug collection! And then my net immediately poofed away. I could not have planned that better if I'd tried.

Okay, this is too perfect for words!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

effika posted:

AAAH I love it

Just fish left now! So much bait crafting to do...

I got tons of bait I dont need if you want it.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Nū Beeland is open for a few hours.

Turnips are selling at 477 until noon ingame.
There's a tonne of DIYs on the beach outside Nooks
Leif is in the plaza with Azaleas and Camelias.
Buy whatever from the shops.

Closed

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 29, 2021

Smilestarsaway
Jul 29, 2021
Hello, I'm kind of doing things sideways and backwards.

First, finally bought an account after lurking on and off for years. Not this thread, though.

Second...I don't actually have an island yet.

I played a lot of Wild World. PerhapsDefinitely too much. I didn't allow myself to play New Leaf because I was afraid of becoming addicted again, but now I think I can handle it, as I have come a long way since then.

So I'm ready to get started soon, but I want to kind of preplan as much as possible because I'm a perfectionist. What makes a good island? Where's the optimum placement of the unmovable buildings? What are the unobvious things I should be considering?

...is there a better place to be asking than here?

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.

Smilestarsaway posted:

So I'm ready to get started soon, but I want to kind of preplan as much as possible because I'm a perfectionist. What makes a good island? Where's the optimum placement of the unmovable buildings? What are the unobvious things I should be considering?

I can share my thoughts as someone who started ACNH knowing absolutely nothing about the older games.

The only unmovable buildings are the airport and Residential Services. My Residential Services is super close to the airport, which sucks if you want to build a really fancy island "entrance." You also can't change the color of the airport building.

You can't change the location of your two river mouths or the secret beach (where Redd parks his boat). I chose one of the south river layouts and I feel like it limits my design options because the river mouths are quite close to each other, but that's just my gut feeling.

IMO, it can be helpful to pre-plan whether you want your villagers' houses to be close together or spread out. I have mine close together because I like having a sort of "town" feeling, but spreading them out allows you to decorate around their houses. Of course, you can move their houses later, but it costs bells and time. You can put houses on the beaches, so that's also something to keep in mind.

One frustrating thing is that you can't move a building into a space that overlaps with its current spot. You have to move it all the way out of the way, and then move it back.

If you like a really symmetrical layout, be sure to look up the sizes of things before you get in too deep. For example, the museum building is notoriously hard to center with anything else because it's 7 squares wide.

The Racoon Goons Discord is an awesome place to ask questions, visit other islands, etc. People are super generous. I know I have a beach full of DIY cards I would be happy to give away. My enjoyment of the game went up a TON when I started visiting other people's islands.

Turnip Exchange can be a bit annoying, but it's a good way to make bells. People on the Discord also sometimes open their islands when they have good turnip prices, but Turnip Exchange can be faster because there's pretty much always someone open no matter the time of day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
That's cool with the river layouts.