Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Nope, that's a different idiot. "CEASE FIRE MOTHERFUCKERS" is 100% home grown TFR ca . . . I want to say 2005? It was already a borderline legend when I started posting, so take my regdate and subtract a few.

Tl;dr is that there was a goon meet with a bunch of people shooting stuff, and tannerite was involved. Someone plopped a bunch of tannerite in an empty wooden crate that was something silly like 25 or 50 yards off the firing line and was out there presumably on the logic of "it's fun to shoot empty containers." That's waaaaaay too close to be sticking tannerite in anything, and especially something that will fragment if blown up. Anyways, tannerite goes boom, chunk of wooden box flies back towards the firing line and clocks SkyShark in the dome, queue "CEASE FIRE MOTHERFUCKERS." No one seriously hurt in the end, iirc SkyShark got a scalp cut but that was the end of it. Could have been much, much worse.

OSHA as all fuuuuuck and I'm incredibly glad I wasn't there for that.

Post it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

devmd01 posted:

Just gonna drop this here given last page’s conversation, first video I ever uploaded to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ0OTqRwA2A

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Otteration posted:

Don't watch anything involving Oak Island, Ancient Aliens, or Skin walker ranch. Please just don't. Please.

I was watching my sister's kids one night and the only things on after they went to bed was a show on private security bunkers and a show on surviving a zombie uprising.

The bunker show was full of OSHA, like a hand rail hooked up to propane to barbecue intruders and a pyramid set on fire with a guy inside to prove it could withstand napalm or something.

The zombie show talked about proper wound care and finding potable water.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Uthor posted:

I was watching my sister's kids one night and the only things on after they went to bed was a show on private security bunkers and a show on surviving a zombie uprising.

The bunker show was full of OSHA, like a hand rail hooked up to propane to barbecue intruders and a pyramid set on fire with a guy inside to prove it could withstand napalm or something.

The zombie show talked about proper wound care and finding potable water.

lol, yeah. FEMA put together some zombie survival guide stuff that was regular emergency preparedness dressed up to get people to actually read it. I'm pretty sure you could found some kind of horror movie themed version of the boy scouts and end up with a shitload of people with a ton of useful skills.

Was the bunker show Doomsday Preppers?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

If you buy the ring from the cat right there in Majula, you don't need to pay Laddersmith Gilligan a soul and can just parkour down to the Gutter.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Was the bunker show Doomsday Preppers?

Maybe? Sounds about right. It was like 8 years ago.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I just remembered the real life Rudy Reyes from HBO’s Generation: Kill had his own survival show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWg6NWjTLCU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ruddiger posted:

I just remembered the real life Rudy Reyes from HBO’s Generation: Kill had his own survival show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWg6NWjTLCU

LOL this is quite a show

it's super cringy

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

A Festivus Miracle posted:

The gently caress is it with dudes climbing up transmission poles to grab kites? Was there an epidemic of British people deciding a kite worth a couple quid was worth an instant and fiery death back in the 70s and 80s?

That's how my uncle's brother died. There wasn't a kite though, he was just drunk and didn't realize how far the electricity would arc.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/SAcR7HL.mp4

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

A Festivus Miracle posted:

The gently caress is it with dudes climbing up transmission poles to grab kites? Was there an epidemic of British people deciding a kite worth a couple quid was worth an instant and fiery death back in the 70s and 80s?

Technology in Great Britain didn't progress past the steam engine until the early 90s. You can't blame them for not knowing the dangers of electricity any more than you can blame the first hominid to be burned by a flame.

The Spitfire was actually coal powered.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Marcade posted:

So a bit of "lost fingat" local OSHA. Guy last night blew a giant hole in his backyard by filling an Xbox with explosives (TATp) and setting it off. He apparently has an extremely large amount of additional explosives and the neighborhood is still evacuated about 18 hours after the fact. No word on if it's a boy or a girl :v:

Update on this. Nearly 48 hours later the neighborhood is still closed off. Feds are on scene. It's looking like this wasn't a redneck making explosives for fun but uh, something more sinister.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Cthulu Carl posted:

The Spitfire was actually coal powered.

You're being facetious, but one of Germany's primary aviation fuels in WWII was actually processed from coal.

Skimming over one of the processes, it involves heating up coal to get it to gas off its hydrocarbons, then adding hydrogen while the whole mess is under high pressure and still very hot. Seems appropriately OSHA to me

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

the boat boys are at it again

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Marcade posted:

Update on this. Nearly 48 hours later the neighborhood is still closed off. Feds are on scene. It's looking like this wasn't a redneck making explosives for fun but uh, something more sinister.

A redneck egged into making explosives by the feds? Or a redneck who made explosives for fun and now the feds are trying to figure out how they can get some sweet domestic terror cred?

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

A redneck egged into making explosives by the feds? Or a redneck who made explosives for fun and now the feds are trying to figure out how they can get some sweet domestic terror cred?

Maybe he got reported on Facebook as an extremist.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

You may be shocked to learn that some people commit crimes without any sort of government conspiracy at all.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Deteriorata posted:

You may be shocked to learn that some people commit crimes without any sort of government conspiracy at all.

That's what they want you to think.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Deteriorata posted:

I only pirated 6 terabytes of 4K movies because the Cancer Man told me to.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Is that a catamoron?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Whooping Crabs posted:

Is that a catamoron?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Otteration posted:

Don't watch anything involving Oak Island, Ancient Aliens, or Skin walker ranch. Please just don't. Please.

The narrator guy for all three is loving terrible.

Ancient Aliens pairs too good with weed though. If you watch that show sober, you have more serious problems.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

devmd01 posted:

Just gonna drop this here given last page’s conversation, first video I ever uploaded to YouTube.

I like how only like six people have ear pro

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cat Hatter posted:

That's how my uncle's brother died.

Wouldn't that just also be your uncle? I feel like I'm missing something or I don't know how families work.

Maybe that's why I don't have one.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

sigher posted:

Wouldn't that just also be your uncle? I feel like I'm missing something or I don't know how families work.

One example, that's how my mom's sister's husband's brother died.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

sigher posted:

I thought this too but then realized his uncle might have a brother from a different set of parents or something.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

Not to get too specific and doxx myself (proceeds to get very specific), but a guy that had pipe bombs and a vest ready to go. I would hazard he was testing his explosives and neighbors got a little suspicious when sod ended up on their roofs.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

zedprime posted:

One example, that's how my mom's sister's husband's brother died.

Spookily accurate. Its a gray area but also he died before I was born so I don't really feel right calling him an uncle.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I thought this too but then realized his uncle might have a brother from a different set of parents or something.

A brother from another mother, if you will?

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Marcade posted:

Not to get too specific and doxx myself (proceeds to get very specific), but a guy that had pipe bombs and a vest ready to go. I would hazard he was testing his explosives and neighbors got a little suspicious when sod ended up on their roofs.

SMH

Free reduction in solar islanding and LEED points. White people really will call the cops on anything.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

It's this way with half-siblings. My half-brother has aunts and uncles I don't, and vice versa.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

devmd01 posted:

Thanks for this, I need to bookmark that.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The blood relation firewall that meant my dad's niece and nephew never met my mom's nieces and nephews more than once or twice and I never met my cousins aunt's and uncles always weirded me out.

Just calling everybody who is possibly nearly related by blood or social ties somehow or another "cuz" seems like the correct way to go.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm partial to describing them as "cousins with numbers"

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Gotta do like my great aunt did, divide family into "blood kin" and "peter kin".

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I just do the thing where all of my extended family are cousins if they're around my age, aunts/uncles if they're much older, or nieces/nephews if they're much younger. It's close enough. The only people who care about any finer distinction than that are old Mormon ladies.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 28, 2021

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

zedprime posted:

The blood relation firewall that meant my dad's niece and nephew never met my mom's nieces and nephews more than once or twice and I never met my cousins aunt's and uncles always weirded me out.

Just calling everybody who is possibly nearly related by blood or social ties somehow or another "cuz" seems like the correct way to go.

This is the pro move. If the family bond is fuzzy, they're a cousin. Known the guy for 35 of my 40 years.. ya cousin.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Cojawfee posted:

My ex brother in law was trying to look like a cool army man when he dumped a mortar in upside down and then kneeled next to it covering his ears. We saw the flame from the propellant shoot out the top and then realized what he did and started screaming at him to run.

kids you think of me as basically a veteran right?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/notallbhas/status/1419837695631691779?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
To my kids all family friends that are especially close to us are "aunt" or "uncle"