Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

grate deceiver posted:

I don't agree with this, the risk in Arkham is very manageable imo. Yeah, the mythos phase can wreck you, but you know how many of each kind of token is in there, and how many turns it takes to pull the entire set. So you have to think of it in terms like, ok, in the next 3 turns, we're going to draw 2 monsters, 3 doom, 1 anomaly, we need to prepare for that. As long as you have 1 good murderhead and one doom vacuum on the team and pay at least some attention to maximising your actions each turn, you have a good chance of winning any scenario.

This is totally, 100% fair.

There were 3 of us at the table hadn't played this version before, and we did something (??) that meant that a bunch of tokens got suddenly added to the pool, and doom suddenly jolted up that turn. So we should have known it was coming. The thing is, what happened was our murderhead got stuck from the first turn, fighting the same monster until he died, with other monsters spawning on him. He died and rerolled another murderhead, and got to actually getting murdering done, but it just wasn't quick enough. A couple of other players alternated chipping away at doom / doing the main quest / fighting.

I was Dexter Drake and mopped up 2 or 3 doom tokens every single turn. I did notice though, that it actually never mattered. The doomsplosions all happened in places I hadn't cleared. (And in once case, a place I could only have got to if I started the game moving toward it every turn, presciently). I dunno how likely/common that scenario is, but it didn't really 'feel' like we could actually have been more on it with doom.

I suspect we just got horrifically unlucky, because we did a quest action and a doom soak action every turn, and it wasn't close to enough. But like... eh. I've played a shiiiiiit ton of Old Arkham Horror (whatever the previous edition was) and it feels like this one is much much better, yeah, but still suffers from a LOT of the issues the first one did. My game was literally just "move a space, roll a bunch of dice - cool bunch of successes, get a remnant (never used), pass a mythos, draw a doom token, draw a blank or a 'read all about it' - pass it, done" every single turn until I lost. (My wife drew a read all about it every turn too, it was kinda odd.)

There wasn't ever anything to think about, and my resounding success ultimately didn't make a drat difference. It was a chore waiting for my turn, because everyone else had very clear visions of what they wanted to do. And, I can absolutely see how that doesn't have to be true, but in this instance, again, like the old game, and in the same way as the old game, it was. I think ultimately, the problem was bad rolling for everyone bar me. But, y'know, that's not exactly a shining endoresement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Crossposting from the main chat thread:

Rockman Reserve posted:

If I’m having a solo dungeon crawler kind of itch and am pretty bored with the D&D boxed board games, what would you guys suggest? I was looking at both the Dark Souls and Bloodborne board games since I like the franchises, I’ve heard they’re not great but are nowhere near as bad as say, Kingdom Death. Is the Bloodborne game really that much better than the Dark Souls game? And what the gently caress is up with the distribution model, I can’t seem to find Bloodborne anywhere but I’ve been to like four FLGSes in the past week that have had expansions for it. Are there better options for the kind of thing I’m looking for (mid-to-high crunch, solo, explore and loot and punch things)?

I should note I've also got Gloomhaven and JotL and am kind of burnt out on them solo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fate Accomplice posted:

https://geekgroup.app

has a trending section in the Insights -> Worth tab that might be insightful for narrowing down the list. that's the closest I've found so far.

https://geekgroup.app/users/malloreon/insights/collection/worth - the page for my collection.

My most valuable game is Xia? :thunk:

I'm looking to flip that anyway, so cheers for the list.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I want to lighten my board game collection (as well as some legos sets, the cursed family/friends saw you build a few sets and suddenly you are the lego guy scenario) as well but Florida seems to be a wasteland for boardgaming around me. It'd just end up in goodwill and rot there till they dump it themselves..

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Quixotic1 posted:

I want to lighten my board game collection (as well as some legos sets, the cursed family/friends saw you build a few sets and suddenly you are the lego guy scenario) as well but Florida seems to be a wasteland for boardgaming around me. It'd just end up in goodwill and rot there till they dump it themselves..

What part of FL? The central FL area is booming and there's a few facebook group for selling/trading that seem busy.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

What part of FL? The central FL area is booming and there's a few facebook group for selling/trading that seem busy.

SF.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Y’all should join the monthly US math trade on BGG. Aside from Kickstarter it’s the only way I’ve gotten games for the last 18 months. Sold dozens in it too.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
We had a winning game of Arkham with the expansion, it’s amazing how useful Marie Lambeau is (giving another player a third action every turn, hell of a power in a game where people get two actions a turn.) Played with Mark who can fight more than once a turn, which is essential where fight actions can fail even with really good odds.

Agreed that doom sweeping is tedious, even if your character is Norman who can teleport across the board to do it. I’m never playing it again if I can avoid it. It’s so much better to play the card game where you can at least build a deck to control that amount of randomness, where the story is determinant instead of extremely random, and you grab a token from the bag instead of taking eight tokens and then retaking two of them. (So many loving reroll items.)

That’s what I get for breaking my rule of not playing boardgames where you roll to see if you hit somebody.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

Rockman Reserve posted:

I should note I've also got Gloomhaven and JotL and am kind of burnt out on them solo.

I've played a LOT of dungeon crawler-type games as it's a genre I particularly enjoy. I think it depends a lot what specific kind of experience you're after as to what to recommend, but from all the ones I've played the very best of the best are probably Gloomhaven, Kingdom Death, Cthulhu Death May Die, Mansions of Madness 2e, Bloodborne and Street Masters.

I won't discuss Gloomhaven since you've already played it, but Kingdom Death is in the same vein - a huge, sprawling campaign, extremely crunchy gameplay (with an even more ridiculous level of optimising and min-maxing than Gloomhaven) with correspondingly fiddly management and bookkeeping. Excellent if you want an enormous intense experience but useless for drop-in and drop-out play.

Cthulhu Death May Die, Mansions of Madness 2e and Street Masters are all quick and accessible games which are fantastic if you just want a fast one-shot experience, but lack any meaningful inter-mission development and are extremely light on the loot front. They also skew to slightly different purposes: Death May Die is fantastic if you just want to roll a bunch of dice, accelerate up a crazy power-curve to become near-god-like within a single session and smash a bunch of monsters. Mansions of Madness is great if you're more interested in the exploration and narrative elements, and has slightly more emphasis on gathering and using loot than the other two that I included in this bunch, but is mechanically the weakest of the three. Street Masters is good as a quick one-shot beat-em-up style game but has no exploration and basically no loot - it's all about the fighting and the interesting card-driven combat system.

Bloodborne I think finds a nice balance between these other games. It has short campaigns (typically 3 missions, each likely around 1-2 hours in length), has decently crunchy and interesting card-driven play, and a satisfying power curve - though primarily through improving your cards rather than items, which tend to be useful but are typically only usable once or twice per mission. There's a little bit of narrative, though it does tend to skew a little into Gloomhaven territory of most missions feeling fairly similar in their objectives (though it's not 'kill all enemies' here, it's usually 'kill the fewest number of enemies necessary to trigger the goal conditions').

I haven't played Dark Souls but having played a lot of dungeon crawlers and liking the setting I did read a lot into it, and didn't come across much positive from people who've played other games. It sounds like it manages the worst elements of several games, but most notably swingy dice-based combat combined with random loot acquisition which could mean that you simply don't get what you need to actually advance your character sufficiently to take on later challenges without effectively 'grinding' enemies to try and get better upgrades. Contrasted with something like Kingdom Death which has swingy dice-based combat, but has fairly fixed loot rewards from enemies and a clever advancement system that means that the randomness of the dice can be significantly mitigated and controlled by later in the campaign, it sounded like Dark Souls just had too many design flaws to be really worth considering. I'd be happy to be corrected by someone who has played it though.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Playing the old AH Kremlin after watching Death Of Stalin was good fun. First game I won quickly by accident as no one really knew what they were doing. My young and healthy Foreign Minister got the top job automatically after two of my other candidates failed to get elected and he stayed there the required three turns to wave at the crowd on Red Square. The others could do little but watch as I had another politician as KGB chief to block any Purge and (after being moved to Defense) end any investigations into the Chairman.

Game 2 was a lot wilder, fate put a lot of over 70's into the Politburo to start with and ministers dropped like flies. At one point the Politburo was reduced to a single minister between deaths, purges and sanatorium visits. In the end one faction took advantage of the other two losing their most favoured politicians and got an 80+ year old into the position of Party Chairman who spent 7 or so years in and out of sanatorium, stubbornly refusing to die but also failing to show up to wave and score for his player. Even a success on a 3-in-20 purge of the Chairman in the final turn could not change the inevitable. One feel good story out of all the misery, a Politburo member purged to Siberia early on got rehabilitated and rose through the People, the Candidates, the Second Level Politburo to become KGB chief and be the one to send the Chairman to Siberia. He deserved to become Chairman but alas, the other faction had the votes to put another stooge up.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

!Klams posted:

This is totally, 100% fair.

There were 3 of us at the table hadn't played this version before, and we did something (??) that meant that a bunch of tokens got suddenly added to the pool, and doom suddenly jolted up that turn. So we should have known it was coming. The thing is, what happened was our murderhead got stuck from the first turn, fighting the same monster until he died, with other monsters spawning on him. He died and rerolled another murderhead, and got to actually getting murdering done, but it just wasn't quick enough. A couple of other players alternated chipping away at doom / doing the main quest / fighting.

I was Dexter Drake and mopped up 2 or 3 doom tokens every single turn. I did notice though, that it actually never mattered. The doomsplosions all happened in places I hadn't cleared. (And in once case, a place I could only have got to if I started the game moving toward it every turn, presciently). I dunno how likely/common that scenario is, but it didn't really 'feel' like we could actually have been more on it with doom.

I suspect we just got horrifically unlucky, because we did a quest action and a doom soak action every turn, and it wasn't close to enough. But like... eh. I've played a shiiiiiit ton of Old Arkham Horror (whatever the previous edition was) and it feels like this one is much much better, yeah, but still suffers from a LOT of the issues the first one did. My game was literally just "move a space, roll a bunch of dice - cool bunch of successes, get a remnant (never used), pass a mythos, draw a doom token, draw a blank or a 'read all about it' - pass it, done" every single turn until I lost. (My wife drew a read all about it every turn too, it was kinda odd.)

There wasn't ever anything to think about, and my resounding success ultimately didn't make a drat difference. It was a chore waiting for my turn, because everyone else had very clear visions of what they wanted to do. And, I can absolutely see how that doesn't have to be true, but in this instance, again, like the old game, and in the same way as the old game, it was. I think ultimately, the problem was bad rolling for everyone bar me. But, y'know, that's not exactly a shining endoresement.

Was it the Azatoth scenario? That one is the most assholish with doom and imo it's a massive troll that it's recommended as the first one. I beefed that one probably 3 times in a row, the others are much more manageable. And once the action/doom economy clicks, it's much easier to see what are the right moves in any situation. Doomsplosions are pretty much unavoidable
Imo it's pretty good about being 'solvable' and manageable, but also the victories never feel like you're just blazing through the game, it always feels tense and one turn away from total collapse.

One complaint I have with the game is that it has all these potentially interesting locations to explore and gain additional cards, but you rarely have an opportunity to just explore. The priorities are always: kill all monsters -> scoop all doom -> maybe do some support actions, and then by the end of the turn if one player ends up with a free action and nothing important to do, they can go check out a location that might have something that suits their character. Like 90% of time you'll be playing encounters where you incidentally ended up because that's where you were needed, and you'll get a useless heal or spells on a gun murderhobo or something like that.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

grate deceiver posted:

Was it the Azatoth scenario? That one is the most assholish with doom and imo it's a massive troll that it's recommended as the first one. I beefed that one probably 3 times in a row, the others are much more manageable. And once the action/doom economy clicks, it's much easier to see what are the right moves in any situation. Doomsplosions are pretty much unavoidable
Imo it's pretty good about being 'solvable' and manageable, but also the victories never feel like you're just blazing through the game, it always feels tense and one turn away from total collapse.

One complaint I have with the game is that it has all these potentially interesting locations to explore and gain additional cards, but you rarely have an opportunity to just explore. The priorities are always: kill all monsters -> scoop all doom -> maybe do some support actions, and then by the end of the turn if one player ends up with a free action and nothing important to do, they can go check out a location that might have something that suits their character. Like 90% of time you'll be playing encounters where you incidentally ended up because that's where you were needed, and you'll get a useless heal or spells on a gun murderhobo or something like that.

Yeah, ok, maaaybe I'd play it again with a different scenario then.

I think the second point though was really the one that stuck in my craw, and is a more eloquent way of expressing my overly lengthy diatribe, in that, as Dexter Drake, all I wanted to do was find a spell. But that never happened. I did everything right, all my turns were resounding successes, but I didn't really get to do what I wanted. Like you say, it always felt like I was an action per turn shy of having fun.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
As a follow up to my previous post, what's the easiest app to use to document plays? I can see that with the geek app, logging plays would be a big help. Any recommendations? It has to be simple otherwise I won't use it, I know me :)

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I've used Board Game Stats (by Eerko) on Android for years. It has some options and things that may take figuring out but it syncs with BGG so I just tap the ne of a game in my collection and then enter the play info.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Codeacious posted:

I've used Board Game Stats (by Eerko) on Android for years. It has some options and things that may take figuring out but it syncs with BGG so I just tap the ne of a game in my collection and then enter the play info.

This is also what I use.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mayveena posted:

As a follow up to my previous post, what's the easiest app to use to document plays? I can see that with the geek app, logging plays would be a big help. Any recommendations? It has to be simple otherwise I won't use it, I know me :)

I log them on BGG and geekgroup reads that when it syncs.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Fate Accomplice posted:

I log them on BGG and geekgroup reads that when it syncs.

Board Game Stats does that as well. I may do it both ways for a bit (not double entering of course but trying one week with BGG Stats and the next week directly entering).

Thanks all!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does anyone have any opinions on the original Galaxy Trucker versus the relaunch that's coming up?

Looks like everywhere is starting to slowly dump stock in prep for the relaunch, so I can get it on the cheap, but it's sound like the new version might not give the same experience.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Buy the old one for cheap is my suggestion. It rocks hard.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I just found out about Descent: Legends of the Dark and given that they have the experience of the previous Descent stuff under their belt (as well as stuff like Mansions of Madness 2e) I'm hopeful for it.

Then again they did not execute the formula well at all with their (also app-enabled) Middle Earth game, but hopefully they learned from that, too.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

CeeJee posted:

Playing the old AH Kremlin after watching Death Of Stalin was good fun. First game I won quickly by accident as no one really knew what they were doing. My young and healthy Foreign Minister got the top job automatically after two of my other candidates failed to get elected and he stayed there the required three turns to wave at the crowd on Red Square. The others could do little but watch as I had another politician as KGB chief to block any Purge and (after being moved to Defense) end any investigations into the Chairman.

I have a lot of time for Kremlin. Some have criticised it for being old-fashioned but it was actually ahead of its time, with hidden investment in characters, politicking, controlling roles. The one really old style thing about it is the rulebook.

I recollect getting some 92 year old into the chairman and just fighting off contenders and investigations for years. But he never managed to wave more than twice ...

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The Eyes Have It posted:

I just found out about Descent: Legends of the Dark

FFG is a shell corp these days. I will wait to hear if it is even de(s)cent before caring.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

djfooboo posted:

FFG is a shell corp these days. I will wait to hear if it is even de(s)cent before caring.

I think it was announced before the advent of Fantasy Flensed Games

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

Infinitum posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on the original Galaxy Trucker versus the relaunch that's coming up?

Looks like everywhere is starting to slowly dump stock in prep for the relaunch, so I can get it on the cheap, but it's sound like the new version might not give the same experience.

That doesn't look like much is changing out of the core gameplay other than the default mode being a single flight of whatever ship type you picked, I'd agree with djfooboo and grab the old one for cheap, it's great.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

!Klams posted:

I think the second point though was really the one that stuck in my craw, and is a more eloquent way of expressing my overly lengthy diatribe, in that, as Dexter Drake, all I wanted to do was find a spell. But that never happened. I did everything right, all my turns were resounding successes, but I didn't really get to do what I wanted. Like you say, it always felt like I was an action per turn shy of having fun.

Play the card game, Dexter is amazingly capable of putting his spells into play. Probably more than any other character. He really is a “but what if I did THIS“ kind of magician jerk.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rockman Reserve posted:

Wait you can solo Gloomhaven?

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I've been looking for a copy of Don't Get Got and it's out of stock in the US. Looks like Australia has copies but that's a mighty shipping fee for a $20 (US) box.

I'm considering Dune: Imperium, it doesn't look similar to anything in my collection. Lost Ruins of Arnak looks similar but simpler, so Dune looks like a better fit for me.

I'd like a simpler dexterity game, Catacombs and Seal Team Flix are rad but far too heavy to attract a casual audience. How did Klask hold up over time? Or I could go full crazy and see if anyone is selling a Crokinole board in my area...

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Codeacious posted:

I'm considering Dune: Imperium, it doesn't look similar to anything in my collection. Lost Ruins of Arnak looks similar but simpler, so Dune looks like a better fit for me.

I can not recommend Dune Imperium enough. The balance of worker placement with deck builder is very well done.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Codeacious posted:

I've been looking for a copy of Don't Get Got and it's out of stock in the US. Looks like Australia has copies but that's a mighty shipping fee for a $20 (US) box.

Big Potato Games just started shipping the Shut Up And Sit Down Edition of the game. I can't find anywhere to preorder it, but I've just got my copy and it is very nice and contains the base game missions.

My Kickstarter copy came with damaged packaging, but they have been quick to add me to the list for a replacement box.

quote:

Both appear to fulfil similar niches wrt Worker Placement + Deck Building. Both are apparently very good. Consult with your game group about which they'd prefer to get to the table.

quote:

I'd like a simpler dexterity game, Catacombs and Seal Team Flix are rad but far too heavy to attract a casual audience. How did Klask hold up over time? Or I could go full crazy and see if anyone is selling a Crokinole board in my area...

Klask still holds up after extended play, I bought it for my brother+niece and it gets a work out. You can get very very good at it, and it is easily stored in it's own box.

Keep an eye out on Kickstarter for Mayday Games 2021 Crokinole board, which should launch ~soonish~
It is a good entry level board, and I own the 2020 rosewood version. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

It's also sounding like the price may be marked up from the usual $100 USD price, because shipping costs are going crazy due to the pandemic.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Wait you can solo Gloomhaven?

By running 2-4 characters yourself, yeah. You're expected to up the difficulty in exchange for perfect knowledge. It's also how the digital steam game runs when you aren't playing coop.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Infinitum posted:

Big Potato Games just started shipping the Shut Up And Sit Down Edition of the game. I can't find anywhere to preorder it, but I've just got my copy and it is very nice and contains the base game missions.

Some AU LGS websites seem to list it, but the US seems to come up empty. I guess if it's shipping from China, Australia would get it first?

Big Potato's website doesn't list the SU&SD edition (not on Amazon/Walmart either). I'll email them and ask.

quote:

It's also sounding like the price may be marked up from the usual $100 USD price, because shipping costs are going crazy due to the pandemic.

With wood prices and shipping going bonkers, buying a used board locally would be much better. Haven't seen anything with some cursory research, though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hitting up Big Potato would probably be your best bet. Not sure if it's KS exclusive.

Codeacious posted:

With wood prices and shipping going bonkers, buying a used board locally would be much better. Haven't seen anything with some cursory research, though.

Where do you live? A goon will probably recommend something for you.

Just make sure you get a circular board around the edges, so you can slide pucks around the gutter. It's real fun :3:

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Infinitum posted:

Where do you live? A goon will probably recommend something for you.

I'm in Socal, so I figure there's gotta be someone selling a board nearby.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Codeacious posted:

I'm in Socal, so I figure there's gotta be someone selling a board nearby.

There'll be a huge virtual flea market at Strategicon in September. I'll be selling my games there along with a zillion others. There's also local Facebook groups.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.

Mayveena posted:

There'll be a huge virtual flea market at Strategicon in September. I'll be selling my games there along with a zillion others. There's also local Facebook groups.

Oh nice! I didn't know Strategicon was back - the flea market is great. I have so many games to offload after not selling anything for 2 years.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mayveena posted:

how does a virtual flea market work? everyone lists their games somewhere in advance and at the event makes exchanges? is there a list of available games somewhere?

EDIT: cause, uh, I have a feeling any in person indoor events from September to November at least are gonna be canceled or super spreader events

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Fate Accomplice posted:

how does a virtual flea market work? everyone lists their games somewhere in advance and at the event makes exchanges? is there a list of available games somewhere?

EDIT: cause, uh, I have a feeling any in person indoor events from September to November at least are gonna be canceled or super spreader events

The way it works is that there's a BGG geeklist created to show the games that people are selling. The entries either list a price or start as an auction (I do auction). Buyers then claim the games.

This is from the Strategicon announcement:

"Given that we are emerging from a pandemic, and given the security and well-being of our attendees is our primary concern, we are going to err on the side of caution. Therefore, we will require all participants who are eligible for vaccination arrive at the convention fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and that all participants remain masked in all public areas of the convention venue."

Keep in mind that LA has way fewer Trumpers than many other places and few people would come if both of these requirements weren't in place.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.

Fate Accomplice posted:

There's a big geeklist where everyone posts their games for sale. It's about half auctions / half flat sales.

All sales are finalized the day before the flea market. The in-person event is just the physical exchange of games.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mayveena posted:

The way it works is that there's a BGG geeklist created to show the games that people are selling. The entries either list a price or start as an auction (I do auction). Buyers then claim the games.

DogCop posted:

There's a big geeklist where everyone posts their games for sale. It's about half auctions / half flat sales.

All sales are finalized the day before the flea market. The in-person event is just the physical exchange of games.

OK so similar to the Bay Area sales list, just with a central meetup time/place. thanks!

Mayveena posted:

"Given that we are emerging from a pandemic, and given the security and well-being of our attendees is our primary concern, we are going to err on the side of caution. Therefore, we will require all participants who are eligible for vaccination arrive at the convention fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and that all participants remain masked in all public areas of the convention venue."

I absolutely disagree with the bold I added, and I think the next ~4 weeks will make that clear.

Unfortunately that won't include the majority of spread from kids returning to school, so September and October are gonna be wild.

Mayveena posted:

Keep in mind that LA has way fewer Trumpers than many other places and few people would come if both of these requirements weren't in place.

Same with northern california, but I'm still avoiding indoor large group events as long as possible.

Vaccines are cool and good and necessary, but precautions on top them are even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

That looks cool, do you have to register for the event to browse the listings?