Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The perfect grift: develop your reputation as a journalist over half a century, make an offhand comment on Twitter, and watch the money pile up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

https://twitter.com/ChadShaft/status/1420052027208572933?s=20

I really don’t think there’s a sadder group on Twitter than the snitch taggers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy, GCW sure has succeeded in making their world title completely about Dave Meltzer and not either of the guys actually feuding for the belt, huh.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Boy, GCW sure has succeeded in making their world title completely about Dave Meltzer and not either of the guys actually feuding for the belt, huh.

Not really.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MJeff posted:

source plz.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

in response to AEW card announcements

Is there a bigger example of WWE brainworms?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I guess, possibly, this person has never known anything but the show being a bad surprise every week. But that's kind of sad to imagine.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It's now a spoiler to know that a match is going to happen, folks.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Wrestling in an All Elite Wrestling is a spoiler, I want to tune in with no idea what anyone's doing. Maybe it's Hungry Hungry Hippos. I'll have to watch to find out!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
With how WWE is booked it makes sense that they wouldn't have a match card. Or even know what that is.
Hell, sometimes you don't even get a full match card for a PPV.

It must be a big shock for people who've only ever been exposed to WWE and nothing else that match cards are announced ahead of time. And that that's the norm.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lamuella posted:

It's now a spoiler to know that a match is going to happen, folks.

point me to one legitimate sport where you know the competitors before you watch. you cant. this is also why football is in the rough shape it is in.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

IceAgeComing posted:

in response to AEW card announcements

Is there a bigger example of WWE brainworms?

Surprises are only necessary if your show has nothing else going for it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

point me to one legitimate sport where you know the competitors before you watch. you cant. this is also why football is in the rough shape it is in.

In the TV guide when baseball is on it just says "baseball". Not even whether it's major or minor league. Blacked out coaches bring the teams to the closed arena. Fans are banned in case the presence of Red Sox fans lets you know it's a Red Sox game.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
In fairness, WWE doesn't need to announce their cards. You just need to look at what they did last week and you'll know what matches are happening.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Lamuella posted:

In the TV guide when baseball is on it just says "baseball". Not even whether it's major or minor league. Blacked out coaches bring the teams to the closed arena. Fans are banned in case the presence of Red Sox fans lets you know it's a Red Sox game.

the Olympics run random events with random competitors. tune in to see the surprising matchups. will the gymnast beat the wrestler in competitive diving? you dont know that is why you tune in think of the heat.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
My TV guide just says “SPORTS” and sometimes I’ll turn on expecting cricket or rugby or a good sport only to get some rich twats making a horse do silly things. They call it “dressage” but I personally think it’s just an attempt to annoy the Sports Universe to make them appreciate the two nights a year of good sports.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I turn on my TV and I never know what's going to come out of it. Wrestling, ice cream, bees, I just don't know!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

the Olympics run random events with random competitors. tune in to see the surprising matchups. will the gymnast beat the wrestler in competitive diving? you dont know that is why you tune in think of the heat.

Would watch this tbh

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah the random Olympics sounds great. They should do that.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

I turn on my TV and I never know what's going to come out of it. Wrestling, ice cream, bees, I just don't know!

Last few seasons of bees have sucked. Nothing like as good as when I was a kid.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Lamuella posted:

Last few seasons of bees have sucked. Nothing like as good as when I was a kid.

Vince Russo was booking bees last week and he sent out wasps as a swerve

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

While things are FAR from great you should all be aware that Saudi has been making some improvements to how women are viewed & treated there.

Change doesn’t happen in a day instead of bashing why not just hope that women in Saudi Arabia continue to be heard. Let the women of WWE inspire if they can.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Rarity posted:

Would watch this tbh

exactly.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Took 5 minutes to decide to kill a journalist, takes 50 years so women can buy health insurance. Got it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/david091234/status/1420524212284952577

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/davizzygreat/status/1420525929424633858

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm sorry for posting these good wrestling opinions in this thread but they're directly related to the last two posts and I have nowhere else to put them.

https://twitter.com/TC4PMi/status/1420527017108385792
https://twitter.com/ShininRainmaker/status/1420525601446825988

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*Wale voice*

Wale!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Alaois posted:

*Wale voice*

Wale!

Tony keep saying Whale but his name Wale

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Broke: WaleMania
Woke: Wale Out

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1420556287302148098

sorry bix

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
*Actualy Bix if there is any name The Blade should be using it is Pepper Parks.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/_denisesalcedo/status/1420550443613130756

whjat she talkin about?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think she's saying it's a bad thing.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ya i just didnt know what thread to put it in tbh lol. is summerslam in chicago? or just big ticket item close to same day? sorry for my questions i could easily google. i don't know how to use a computer

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Summerslam is in Vegas, I believe

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Let's just say they're not booking the Bulls arena for their Friday night B-show if there wasn't a certain Chicago-made man showing up that night

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

that jericho vs gage match is probably gonna give this thread enough content for a few days

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Did the thunder rosa match happen I love her and was watching but i can’t recall it. maybe i have dementia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

ya i just didnt know what thread to put it in tbh lol. is summerslam in chicago? or just big ticket item close to same day? sorry for my questions i could easily google. i don't know how to use a computer

I think she's just saying that AEW is trying to dominate the headlines of that weekend by having Punk debut the day before SummerSlam.

Which, y'know.

The rumors of Punk and Bryan signing just so happened to show up right after Money in the Bank happened and Cena and Goldberg returned. :shrug: