Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

vandalism posted:

Yeah, but 98% of the 29 million who have had it recovered. Most of the people who develop heart problems and such are gonna die either of that or complications from related stuff.

agreed, gently caress those people, best to just let them die and stop bringing us all down. why help them with mandating a life saving vaccine when we can let them suffer for their life choices like being poor and having a heart condition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Katamari Democracy posted:

Im just scared if I catch Covid again, even while vaccinated with two shots, and still having long Covid. I will die.

Im always coughing and I have been told I have had lung damage. So to hear that little poo poo stain say you have a choice in the matter is disregarding my life and my freedoms over his.

So yeah im gonna get worked up. gently caress you Vandalism. Good loving luck not catching this virus. I pray it doesn't.

I could die if i catch it too. Anyone could. I'd rather take freedom and possible death over being forced a vaccine.

If you have ever read Brave New World, there is a character in that book that kind of has that philosophy. It is a really cool book and a ton of the poo poo in there pretty much characterizes our modern society. Almost scarily so.

Louisgod posted:

agreed, gently caress those people, best to just let them die and stop bringing us all down. why help them with mandating a life saving vaccine when we can let them suffer for their life choices like being poor and having a heart condition

People conflating my stance to be "gently caress the sick" are misinterpreting what I am getting after. The greater evil here is mandated vaccination, period. That is my stance. I am not going all "gently caress you fascists for forcing me to get my vaccine blah!" while you are doing that to me. I am not gonna insult anyone in here because I don't really have the need to.

poo poo really does suck right now in a lot of ways. I am saying that mandating a huge change for 100% of the population to help the 2% of people suffering doesn't really happen. Why wouldn't the government mandate other things in the ways I mentioned if they really cared about life and wellness? The government took money from sugar companies, soft drinks, etc. to not publicize the role of sugar in heart health. And ultimately, like I said, people should be able to get vaccinated. The bottom line is that it should be a choice. 98% of people hospitalized with covid are unvaccinated. That is a win! I am fighting for rewards for those who CHOSE to be vaccinated. Bottom line is that it needs to be that; a CHOICE. Period.

Is it opposite day? A supposed "chud" arguing for personal freedom of choice?

And should sugar and other really lovely foods be regulated? Yeah, probably. Lol. But the government doesn't because more people believe that freedom of choice is more important than health. Same with tobacco and alcohol.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

vandalism fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 29, 2021

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Objective Action posted:

The CDC also publishes the number of excess deaths and have the estimate for covid related deaths not marked in official counts at somewhere between 63,700–162,400 as of April and their 'excess' model actually got pulled up a little bit for this year because so many people died last year so that is probably an underestimate although who knows how much.

So probably closer to ~800K by now total since this started and Delta hasn't even gotten off the ground yet.

For comparison estimates for the total number of Americans dead to HIV/AIDS is ~700,000 (source) since 1981.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

vandalism posted:

I could die if i catch it too. Anyone could. I'd rather take freedom and possible death over being forced a vaccine.

If you have ever read Brave New World, there is a character in that book that kind of has that philosophy. It is a really cool book and a ton of the poo poo in there pretty much characterizes our modern society. Almost scarily so.

Wow you really enlightened me. Maybe I should just let go of my newfound disability of not being able to breathe properly and learn from a nerd book about functions of society that reflects how we live now.

Huh. I see things perfectly in your eyes now.

Can someone please kill me?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Wow you really enlightened me. Maybe I should just let go of my newfound disability of not being able to breathe properly and learn from a nerd book about functions of society that reflects how we live now.

Huh. I see things perfectly in your eyes now.

Can someone please kill me?

I am sorry that your poo poo got hosed up man. If I could help in some way I would. I didn't do that to you. Anti vaxers didn't do that to you. :(

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

This just reminded me. Our office is going back to mandatory masks away from your desk ( previously it was "No masks for vaccinated an liars" and there's still a max of maybe 100 people a day in a building outfitted for 1200). My chud co-worker started whining about having to mask up again, in the middle of the discussion declared "You can't be afraid to live your life!"

I yelled at him until he walked off pouting. I'm PRETTY sure he went to complain to our boss who wasn't around or even HR, but gently caress it. Would berate again.

On that note, vandalism, go lick some loving toilet seats and doorknobs if you love the plague so much you kitchen-sponge-for-a-brain booger blaster.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

vandalism posted:

I am sorry that your poo poo got hosed up man. If I could help in some way I would. I didn't do that to you. Anti vaxers didn't do that to you. :(

LMFAO

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

vandalism posted:

Anti vaxers didn't do that to you. :(

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

DickParasite posted:

For comparison estimates for the total number of Americans dead to HIV/AIDS is ~700,000 (source) since 1981.

Even more context for all deaths, combat and sickness, of US persons in wars:
WW1 = ~116K
WW2 = ~405K
Civil War = ~655K

We let more people die in a year than died in all of WW2 or the loving Civil War. We still have people holding grudges from the civil war to this day (see also: 1/6) and the second world war was a major accelerant that warped the US into way more of a security/police state than we ever were before that and we still haven't recovered from.

Yet here we are in 2021 and people are so loving siloed into their own worlds that when people scream about it they want to shrug it off as 'no big deal bro'.

Objective Action fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 29, 2021

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

DickParasite posted:

HIV/AIDS is fuckin terrible man. I watched someone extremely close to me waste away from that poo poo and other problems. If there was a vaccine for that poo poo, I'd be all over it and like hell yeah! But I'd also want it to be tested, go through the proper channels, and not be mandatory.

https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/how-are-covid-19-deaths-counted-it-s-complicated

This is a really interesting article about how covid deaths are calculated and figured. It seems likely that some deaths outside of those counted can be attributed to covid, but also some attributed to covid may not have necessarily been accurate. I could definitely see there being about a half million or more deaths from covid in the US this year.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

vandalism posted:

HIV/AIDS is fuckin terrible man. I watched someone extremely close to me waste away from that poo poo and other problems. If there was a vaccine for that poo poo, I'd be all over it and like hell yeah! But I'd also want it to be tested, go through the proper channels, and not be mandatory.

https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/how-are-covid-19-deaths-counted-it-s-complicated

This is a really interesting article about how covid deaths are calculated and figured. It seems likely that some deaths outside of those counted can be attributed to covid, but also some attributed to covid may not have necessarily been accurate. I could definitely see there being about a half million or more deaths from covid in the US this year.

you're a loving moron

e:

Objective Action posted:

Yet here we are in 2021 and people are so loving siloed into their own worlds that when people scream about it they want to shrug it off as 'no big deal bro'.

I honestly wonder if it's possible for an anti-vaxxer to change their opinion. Like what could it take? Would their own kids dying of Covid do it? Or would they retreat further into the conspiracy mindset? Sadly it seems we'll find out because Covid's never going away.

DickParasite fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 29, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
What's awesome is that I will be helping myself out. And continuing to live life. Not being a piece of poo poo.

That to me is all that matters.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

DickParasite posted:

you're a loving moron

I am actually one of the smartest people that I know.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

vandalism posted:

I am actually one of the smartest people that I know.

Yep. He said that.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Why hasn’t this dumb fucker Vandalism been probed yet?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Crackbone posted:

Why hasn’t this dumb fucker been probed yet?

Because nobody has reported him.

Let's let him post a little longer so we can laugh at his dumb ego opinions.

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

I'm going to call that last one as overplaying his hand. Kind of messed up to go 'trolling' with actual anti-vaxxer rhetoric though. It's not 1997 anymore man, you are going to get people killed.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
No need to report. I will kindly gently caress off. I will not come back to this thread because I don't wanna hurt people in here. Sorry that I bothered you guys.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

vandalism posted:

No need to report. I will kindly gently caress off. I will not come back to this thread because I don't wanna hurt people in here. Sorry that I bothered you guys.

Lol im not owned! Im not owned!!!!

You should have hosed off the first time we told you to. But you decided to stick your neckbeard back in here you inbred idiot.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
You know he'll be back because every goon that announces that they're leaving comes back within 2-3 pages.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

vandalism posted:

Bye, hope your covid infection is bad enough for you to gain empathy.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

buglord posted:

You know he'll be back because every goon that announces that they're leaving comes back within 2-3 pages.

Ill be sure to wear my mask and send him thoughts and prayers.

Very angry thoughts and prayers

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
You all are a lot more patient than I am.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Taking a step back I think instead of getting mad like I have been I would like to offer an open discussion. So if you guys feel he is making GBS threads up the thread, I will disagree.

My point still stands about newborns being vaccinated. So Vandalism what say you about this? What is your thinking on this? And why does it differ from what vaccinations we have today fighting this virus?

You cant change people's minds on this. So instead we need to figure out why people think like this.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

stop talking to vandalism ffs

Defending a violent white supremacist. User loses posting privileges for 1 month.
Stupid women amirite. User loses posting privileges for 1 month.

vandalism posted:

Of course you shouldn't masturbate in front of strange women. Of course you should not cheat on your partner. Of course famous people have a lot of sway.

but maaaaybe

these bitches are milking this poo poo to get b-list famous in a lovely new york times article because the most remarkable thing that they will accomplish is having been masturbated in front of by louie ck

lmao

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

compshateme85
Jan 28, 2009

Oh you like racoons? Name three of their songs. You dope.
I think something that the anti-vaxxer chuds completely forget to take into account is that the "2%" death rate is based on the American healthcare system functioning. The death rate when no health care is available was estimated at like 5-8%?

With the projections from the CDC that Snowglobe of Doom posted, I think very soon we're going to see some hospital systems just break, and then we'll find out what the actual death rate is (in those areas).

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Taking a step back I think instead of getting mad like I have been I would like to offer an open discussion. So if you guys feel he is making GBS threads up the thread, I will disagree.

My point still stands about newborns being vaccinated. So Vandalism what say you about this? What is your thinking on this? And why does it differ from what vaccinations we have today fighting this virus?

You cant change people's minds on this. So instead we need to figure out why people think like this.

Enjoy your constructive conversation

quote:

So my friend and I are playing on Turalyon (US, PvE) and I'm having a lot of fun. He has a lvl 47 warlock and I have a 33 rogue, but we have the account link xp thing and just started a warrior/priest combo and are up to lvl 8 so far. I've never played a tank before but I am determined to be a good one so I'm learning about the basics. He likes priest so far, so all is good. If anyone is in the mood to start a new character and have some chill bros to level and get items with, hit me up. My character names are Ketamyne (rogue) and Strelok (get out of here warrior). poo poo is fun so far and if we could get some more people we could do some cool poo poo.

Oh and as far as the server goes, trade is constantly spammed by idiots, I don't know anything about the raiding scene since I'm level 30 , and money is real easy to make. I have made like 400g so far, I don't know if that is good or bad but I feel rich and there isn't anything that I really need to buy with gold anyways so I can horde piles of it and feel like a proper jew.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

The anti-vaxxer knows that when you ask them those questions that you're trying to get them to change their minds. They'll continually move the goalposts with rhetorical nonsense until you lose interest or are too tired to continue.

That's why it's better to pressure governments/businesses to mandate vaccines and masks. Eventually enough of the anti-vaxx crowd will die off. Sadly some who take all the right precautions will die as well, as well as the immunocompromised.

It sucks but I don't see another way forward that isn't just outright forcing vaccines on everyone, and there's no political will for that in democratic countries. Seriously if anyone else has any ideas, I'm open to them.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

sharknado slashfic posted:

Enjoy your constructive conversation

Dunno what he means by that level 8. I used to play WoW and I think he was talking out of his rear end.

*Gasps as he looks at the reader reading this post*

You mean to tell me he was talking out of his rear end!?

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

compshateme85 posted:

I think something that the anti-vaxxer chuds completely forget to take into account is that the "2%" death rate is based on the American healthcare system functioning. The death rate when no health care is available was estimated at like 5-8%?

With the projections from the CDC that Snowglobe of Doom posted, I think very soon we're going to see some hospital systems just break, and then we'll find out what the actual death rate is (in those areas).

2% is also a hell of a lot higher than most people realize. Like if 2% of all flights ended with a plane crash and everyone on board dying, you'd never fly anywhere. Even .2 % is still an insanely high death rate. People just do not comprehend statistics.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dunno what he means by that level 8. I used to play WoW and I think he was talking out of his rear end.

*Gasps as he looks at the reader reading this post*

You mean to tell me he was talking out of his rear end!?

Oh you're trolling too, ok. Carry on.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

sharknado slashfic posted:

Oh you're trolling too, ok. Carry on.

Err - If it seems like that then I too will take a break. That's not what I was intending.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
A metaanalysis on ivermectin came out from Cochrane Reviews today. They're among the most respected organizations that do medical literature reviews. Spoiler: evidence does not support the use of ivermectin for treating or preventing COVID-19. https://www.cochrane.org/news/ivermectin-preventing-and-treating-covid-19

compshateme85 posted:

The number of at-risk + highly susceptible people has also changed since the previous waves. Many have already died, and many of the rest are vaccinated (e.g., the vaccination rate is extremely high amongst the elderly). On the other hand, delta's infectiousness is equal to or greater than smallpox's, so a fuckload of people will be getting it in a short timeframe. The sheer number of people getting it means that a lot of people will suffer. So, things still aren't looking awesome.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Err - If it seems like that then I too will take a break. That's not what I was intending.

Maybe I'm misreading you.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

DickParasite posted:

The anti-vaxxer knows that when you ask them those questions that you're trying to get them to change their minds. They'll continually move the goalposts with rhetorical nonsense until you lose interest or are too tired to continue.

That's why it's better to pressure governments/businesses to mandate vaccines and masks. Eventually enough of the anti-vaxx crowd will die off. Sadly some who take all the right precautions will die as well, as well as the immunocompromised.

It sucks but I don't see another way forward that isn't just outright forcing vaccines on everyone, and there's no political will for that in democratic countries. Seriously if anyone else has any ideas, I'm open to them.

We could be a smidge less halfassed with the mechanisms we have available to us right now.

My wife is struggling with the fact that she has to go back to campus this next semester for in person classes, she's getting very vague messages from the administration that vaccines are required for the most part but that there are exceptions that provide gaping loopholes. Additionally masks are required if you aren't vaccinated but the professors will not be given any information that will tell them whether or not the student in their class room isn't wearing a mask due to being vaccinated or due to being a chud. Beyond this, enforcement of what flimsy vaccination policy they have is incredibly vague, it does not sound like it's going to include the same submission from your medical records guidelines literally every other mandatory vaccine on a college campus requires and is instead going to utilize the dumb easily faked cards people got with their vaccines that were more intended to track a timeline of shots than verify an individual had actually gotten them.

This is already a solved problem, I recall my older brother had somehow missed out on a booster before attending college, and the school both caught that and required he get the shot before showing up to campus. There are clearly some mechanisms in place for this sort of thing, just enforce them for covid.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Mandatory vaccines is like mandatory drive-on-the-right-side-of-the-road: it only takes a minority of "my freedom" idiots to kill the rest of us.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ArbitraryC posted:

We could be a smidge less halfassed with the mechanisms we have available to us right now.

My wife is struggling with the fact that she has to go back to campus this next semester for in person classes, she's getting very vague messages from the administration that vaccines are required for the most part but that there are exceptions that provide gaping loopholes. Additionally masks are required if you aren't vaccinated but the professors will not be given any information that will tell them whether or not the student in their class room isn't wearing a mask due to being vaccinated or due to being a chud. Beyond this, enforcement of what flimsy vaccination policy they have is incredibly vague, it does not sound like it's going to include the same submission from your medical records guidelines literally every other mandatory vaccine on a college campus requires and is instead going to utilize the dumb easily faked cards people got with their vaccines that were more intended to track a timeline of shots than verify an individual had actually gotten them.

This is already a solved problem, I recall my older brother had somehow missed out on a booster before attending college, and the school both caught that and required he get the shot before showing up to campus. There are clearly some mechanisms in place for this sort of thing, just enforce them for covid.

Do you live in one of the states where the state legislature has banned any mask or vaccination requirements?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

DickParasite posted:

Do you live in one of the states where the state legislature has banned any mask or vaccination requirements?

Nope, WA so we had Inslee who cracked down kind of hard when he was an opposition party but ultimately buckled after Biden got sworn in.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Mandatory vaccines is like mandatory drive-on-the-right-side-of-the-road: it only takes a minority of "my freedom" idiots to kill the rest of us.

You're only driving in the wrong lane if you know you are.:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

vandalism posted:

I don't sit around and want for people's lives to be ruined. I think that most people who got these things were the ones infected before the vaccine was available. I WANT people to get vaccinated IF THEY WANT. I was vaccinated for MMR, whooping cough, etc. when I was born. I have no underlying diseases and a good immune system. I don't want to take a vaccine away from people who legit need it, like elderly or sick people.

The entire delta variant came from 1 loving rear end in a top hat who most likely didn’t take a vaccine.

Thanks to assholes like you we are going to have the “super Delta” then the “super ultra delta” and so on and so on.

Every single time one of you unvaccinated plague rats gets infected we all have to roll goddamn dice with you because we living in the same place.

Yesterday we rolled 100,000 loving times.