Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't know because whenever I see the Bimbo rack you better believe I'm getting the plain pound cake for $5 which somehow is both deliciously greasy and dry enough to make me choke on the crumbs

pan dulce con nuez o nada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

some plague rats posted:

I've never eaten any of these things

Guess I'll go enjoy one of the fine treats we have here, like an anzac biscuit, made by pressing coconut and sawdust together until they have the consistency of drywall

you can enjoy Weetbix, or fairy bread

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

People love to poo poo on American food but it's just white people's home cooking and chain restaurants that suck. One of saddest things ever would be leaving and never getting good Mexican again lol. Or the uniquely strange version of Chinese food we have. I don't think I've ever heard an Other Country poster mention crab cheese wontons.

chow mein sandwiches and the sugariest chicken you've ever had

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Larry Parrish posted:

People love to poo poo on American food but it's just white people's home cooking and chain restaurants that suck. One of saddest things ever would be leaving and never getting good Mexican again lol. Or the uniquely strange version of Chinese food we have. I don't think I've ever heard an Other Country poster mention crab cheese wontons.

god i love/miss our trashy chinese food. i havent been able to find any around here that matched trashy chinese places of my childhood memories of our suburban cul-de-sac hole-in-the-wall chinese places called like great wall or uncle wu's, with white plastic covers on tables, lazy susans with those little two-spout soy sauce containers and getting egg flower soup and trash cheese wontons with mongolian beef or like lemon chicken

the only places here are like more "upscale actually authentic" types, which are very good, but it's also not the same, and certainly a lot more expensive.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
white ppl food? sounds like idpol. gas

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

my neighbours chinese joint has really crappy wontons, they look like crackers with a speck of meat in the middle
sad

otoh the lady sometimes makes me homemade baos

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Victory Position posted:

you can enjoy Weetbix, or fairy bread

Actually I can't because I've tasted other food in my life

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't think I've ever heard an Other Country poster mention crab cheese wontons.

Sometimes people in the US post food things and I cannot tell if I'm being trolled

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/DahliaZahava/status/1420406692890783749

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

some plague rats posted:

Sometimes people in the US post food things and I cannot tell if I'm being trolled

they're delicious

https://www.spendwithpennies.com/crab-rangoon-crab-cream-cheese-filled-crispy-wontons/

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
them bringing back the BEEEEEP with that stupid new yorker article

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

crab rangoons, things of that nature

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

some plague rats posted:

I read an article about it and apparently its origins are mysterious but it just showed up after the first wave of Chinese refugees in the prewar period lol. Apparently they're originally a New York food. It's basically an American style turnover, which is usually fruit or cream cheese filling, but with the thinner, crispier fried wonton dough. And with krab and herbs, for some reason. I don't know why the krab is there but its like, savory and creamy. They're loving awesome lol. But probably one of the top foods in my life where if I think about it for two seconds it makes no loving sense. And yet it tastes good so I don't care about the fact they're a product of a diseased mind.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

c*mt*own

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

goons posting about food is my version of the child groomer discourse

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

goons posting about food is my version of the child groomer discourse

What's the best thing to order at taco bell? I always get the Doritos tacos

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tokin opposition posted:

it used to be the freaking potato grillers but they don't have them anymore.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

A freso bean burrito.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I love KFC

I miss Carl's Jr. They don't have them anymore here.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i like to get the quesadillas from taco bell, especially with fire sauce

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The chicken power menu bowl is underrated. That and a side of cheesy fiesta potatoes and I'm honkin like a goose

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
here we eventually got dominoes and papa John's and dominoes pizza bread tastes like cardboard, haven't tried papa yet

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Honest Thief posted:

here we eventually got dominoes and papa John's and dominoes pizza bread tastes like cardboard, haven't tried papa yet

papa johns is basically dominos but with even lower food quality if you can believe it.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

papa johns is basically dominos but with even lower food quality if you can believe it.

ill keep eating pizzahut and cheapo brazilian pizza instead then

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I bought a ten pound box of blueberries from the Amish store yesterday, and a half bushel of peaches. Michigan blueberries are on hit right now if you can get some. Wash, dry and freeze what you can’t eat.

also Koala’s March was an absolute poo poo lol

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
polvoron is the cookie

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
alfajores are fine once in a blue moon

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Larry Parrish posted:

Bring back John "hard r" Schnatter

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Most Chinese food common in American restaurants seems to have come here through Cantonese immigration. Imported ingredients for Cantonese cuisine in particular were probably especially available because of the British occupation of Hong Kong, though of course a lot of dishes were modified.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American Chinese food kicks rear end

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

selec posted:

I bought a ten pound box of blueberries from the Amish store yesterday, and a half bushel of peaches. Michigan blueberries are on hit right now if you can get some. Wash, dry and freeze what you can’t eat.

also Koala’s March was an absolute poo poo lol

I regret being sympathetic to her for way too long

Anyway the other good thing at taco bell is the 5 layer burrito (never look at the nutrition facts)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

it used to be the freaking potato grillers but they don't have them anymore.

I saw a billboard once saying the potato items were back, and that's the only time in my life I've ever been excited by a billboard. If you're lucky enough to manage to get potato soft tacos freshly fried, it's easily the best thing on the menu.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
this thread recommended "programmed to chill" about the funding of nazis and it's been good. the host could use some production help but it's pretty good. i also started the most recently ALAB episode and it's just okay. i enjoy ALAB the most when both andy and tarik are there.

also i got american chinese food once with my chinese family and we all agreed NEVER AGAIN

some plague rats posted:

Guess I'll go enjoy one of the fine treats we have here, like an anzac biscuit, made by pressing coconut and sawdust together until they have the consistency of drywall

lol i actually like anzac biscuits

edit: oh yeah and i missed the koala marches thing almost entirely and only half know of it through QCS drama

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I would love some Crab Rangoon right about now. S++ tier finger food

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

programmed to chill is alright, he needs some coffee but it's good

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

*filling the top of the rangoon with sweet and sour sauce to see how much it can hold before biting in*

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

some plague rats posted:

Pound cake is really good, but I can never remember the recipe

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Smythe posted:

continuing m,y journey through the simpsons season 9, bart and ralph wiggum have just entered "JRR TOYKIENS" which upon leeaening back in my chair and thinking was FAO Schwartz, which reminds me that when I was a little kid my grandma would bring me there in SF to buy a toy during the annual pilgrimage up north for thanksgiving. it is of course gone now, much like tap water and reasonably priced groceries will be for my grandchildren. rip.

do you listen to the Talking Simpsons podcast?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Belden cameo!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
that qanon vid is so much sad poo poo
and funny too!

btw since pissdaddy's in it, havent listened to tesla 3rd part and i guess they dont touch on this, but what about europe's teslas? are they also made by tesla? usually car manufacturing here is different and leads to different cars for same name models