Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
"There's no place for trombones in wrestling ".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Last night rocked, I can't believe how much fun the Jericho trials are.

I was VERY surprised by Dark Order losing but what I think is coming is now that Jungle Boy and Christian move up to #1 and #2, JB takes a shot at Miro at All Out and Christian gets Kenny ahead of that. That means they either have a quick turnaround for Hangman to work his way back up the rankings before All Out, or draw this out just a bit longer into fall (NY, Chicago, or a bit further to Full Gear). Crowds are not going to tire of him, they've only been back a month.

Oh and Hangman lost to Ricky in spring right? He was still able to work his way back to number one in just a few months then.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Accident Underwater posted:

Last night rocked, I can't believe how much fun the Jericho trials are.

I was VERY surprised by Dark Order losing but what I think is coming is now that Jungle Boy and Christian move up to #1 and #2, JB takes a shot at Miro at All Out and Christian gets Kenny ahead of that. That means they either have a quick turnaround for Hangman to work his way back up the rankings before All Out, or draw this out just a bit longer into fall (NY, Chicago, or a bit further to Full Gear). Crowds are not going to tire of him, they've only been back a month.

Oh and Hangman lost to Ricky in spring right? He was still able to work his way back to number one in just a few months then.

He lost to Cage. And then won against him a few weeks later.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kinda had a feeling when they mentioned it being an actual tie-in with the movie that they weren't going to make DO's biggest win of their careers a promotional #ad match. It was a ton of fun and I know everybody poo-poo'ing it will be just as on board when he does finally win it. Dark Order's fine, Hangman's going to be okay, Team Taz is fine, AEW is good. Like, really loving good.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I mean you could do an angle where Page defeats everyone in the top 5 and maybe a unsanctioned Miro match too? That buys you two or three months.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Fantasy booking to prolong Hangman's ascent by another two months is just mean. All Out may not be their premiere PPV, but it's higher than Full Gear.

Hell, the subtitle to this year's event is "Where Champions Are Made." If you're gonna rib on Hangman for the name Full Gear, use it to be the place where he successfully defends the belt proving he's "ready for full gear."

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I insanely love Miro's "I am God's judgement and I completely love my awesome wife" character.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I am just gonna wait and see where they take Hangman. No point getting myself worked trying to figure out the booking here when there's a PPV they wanna sell me soon.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
In honor of his appearance on Dynamite, here's a bunch of reasons you should never gently caress with Meng/Haku

https://verybizarrestories.wordpress.com/2017/03/12/the-most-feared-man-in-wrestling-history/

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Dave is saying that it was a big cut and he was stitched up backstage.

Speaking of Dave, he's saying that there's a decent chance Tanahashi sticks around for the PPV and him coming over was a Moxley request.

GIVE ME THE TANAHASHI

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Was kinda hoping for an ishii appearance against Mox

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I hope the muscle Britt is bringing in is Jordynne Grace

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pamela Springstein posted:

we've got Jordynne Grace at home! *cut to Dani Jordyn*

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
My second Dynamite, and I quite enjoyed it. The opener was great fun, and because I haven't been following the storylines I didn't get down on it like everyone else here - Omega and Bucks did great heel work, Page did the babyface comeback but fell just short. It makes me want to see omega v Page for real.

The main event was so so. I've never watched a death match before, but I could tell everything was 7/10 for the network television. The pizza cutter spots were clearly worked (Gage visibly rubbing the plastic handle of the cutter on Jericho's head, or his palm on his head etc) and the camera's insistence on getting close to the action kinda pulled the curtain back a bit too much for me. However, the pane of glass and the light tube spots were vicious and I was grimacing. I don't think long term death matches are for me, but I am happy Gage got his day in the sun.

Also, I have absolutely no inside gossip on this at all, but is there a chance that Punk could be one of the Labours that MJF reveals? History between Punk and Jericho etc?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

britishbornandbread posted:

Also, I have absolutely no inside gossip on this at all, but is there a chance that Punk could be one of the Labours that MJF reveals? History between Punk and Jericho etc?

It’s looking more like Punk is going to be facing Darby at the PPV and it would be a little bit of a waste to blow that return in the middle of another story

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

smarxist posted:

why not throw him at Miro? haven't they even wrestled before?

They should not do this because Miro will destroy Hangman, his power levels are equal to Kenny Omega's. The Elite should be thankful Miro did not choose to come after them. Kenny's power is Great but it is Godless; Kenny or Hangman would be smited for their ignorance of the Redeemer

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pamela Springstein posted:

She just reupped with Impact, not that that excludes her from appearing. Of people who are already available/associated with AEW, KiLynn King could work as Britt’s burly protector. I don’t know that there’s anyone from the recent WWE that make immediate sense in that context, but comedy option Iiconics out there with Rebel would probably too good and undermine Britt’s whole deal.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

It’s looking more like Punk is going to be facing Darby at the PPV and it would be a little bit of a waste to blow that return in the middle of another story

of course, I forgot the Darby promo!

You're right about it being a bit of a waste. I like MJF from what I have seen, and can imagine him feuding with Punk. Punk coming in for the last labour, fucks it up, MJF humiliates him, MJF v Jericho, Punk costs MJF. That sort of thing. Ultimately though, yeah, if you're going to go all out for an attraction like Punk you have to go big.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

Not to be rude or anything, but how in the gently caress was it not completely obvious that Jericho was wearing a mask?

Watching on a tablet over LTE

We figured it out pretty quickly.

Forgot to add that part.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Did Jericho and Tana ever have a match after the "Baka-hashi" promo in NJPW? There could be labour #4.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

She just reupped with Impact, not that that excludes her from appearing. Of people who are already available/associated with AEW, KiLynn King could work as Britt’s burly protector. I don’t know that there’s anyone from the recent WWE that make immediate sense in that context, but comedy option Iiconics out there with Rebel would probably too good and undermine Britt’s whole deal.

I'd love a heel kilynn as Britt's heavy! they just announced a little trios thing with swole and red Velvet but they can back burner that for awhile

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It would rule to see Jordynne in AEW. Hell, I wouldn't even mind seeing more Jordyn.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

GlenMR posted:

Did Jericho and Tana ever have a match after the "Baka-hashi" promo in NJPW? There could be labour #4.

Yeah, they had a match at WK 14.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

OC headlined the last PPV and Christian has been embroiled in the same midcard feud for two months (and I don't think he's ever really gotten a super hot reception from the fans since his debut, although my personal opinion might be influencing my outlook there). I don't doubt that you could produce an enjoyable angle with either one of them, but I imagine it's going to feel slight no matter what after giving the audience a lengthy taste of the biggest feud you could put together right now.

Yeah, I was wondering how adding Rampage to the mix would affect the cadence of the PPV build. Instead of having five shows before all out, you've got nine, and I had the same thought about just letting Hangman take on legit opponents on every single show to crawl back up to No. 1. Basically, the babyface version of Britt farming wins on Dark/Elevation

Orange Cassidy has a legit beef left over from Double or Nothing and outright said "this isn't over." Christian Cage is basically in the same position Miro was (except y'know, less bad than Miro was) where they're deliberately slow-playing him until they're ready to push him.

I know I'm the high man on Christian Cage and not everybody else here is as high on him but OC at least, would get a massive pop just for walking out in the same segment as Kenny. That's all you need.

GlenMR posted:

Man, this is your lucky day. You get to watch that match for the first time.

El Generico posted:

Am I the only one who felt heel energy in this? Maybe just because Tana is so pure.

He worked heel against Lance.

I dunno. Moxley kinda has done everything there is to do as a face for now. I hope he's not turning though, I just love cheering for him too much. :(

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

smarxist posted:

I'd love a heel kilynn as Britt's heavy! they just announced a little trios thing with swole and red Velvet but they can back burner that for awhile

That felt more like a Stevie Night Heat-esque performers deciding to try something out on the C-show that wasn’t necessarily sanctioned by the office.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

they won't get Jordynne Grace but AEW could sign/use her former tag partner Keira Hogan for Britt's bodyguard

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Thought they were quite into the show? But someone here did say that 75% of the show had audio issues at the venue itself (hence the "We can't hear you" chant during Starks' fantastic promo), that could have contributed to their not reacting as hot as you expected.

Yeah the crowd was hot for the entire show.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah the crowd was hot for the entire show.

Was there and can confirm the only things I felt the crowd was a bit mum on were ending of The 10 man tag, not boos just kinda stunned, which bled over into the Ricky segment (we couldn’t hear him on mic at all, only major tech problem of the night). The Thunder Rosa/Julia match was also pretty quiet just because it was kinda a dull match. Rosa herself probably got the second biggest pop of the show other than Hangman (Malakai was the other HUGE one).

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Coward tony book my head cannon or i’ll be real mad

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Whenever Tony would come out during the tapings to hype up the shows I would always instinctively scream “BIG BICEPS TONY!!!” And didn’t realize that’s not a universal thing.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Please let there be a pre-sale for the United Center, I have a meeting at the time tickets go on sale. Thanks.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I was rewatching the Dark Order/Page introduction and realized...

Page came out of the center tunnel.

Page got Cody's entrance.

Hangman Adam Page is the loving man.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
from where I was sitting the crowd seemed pretty hot for the entire show.

on a totally related note, that was one of the best nights of my life and my wife also had a hell of a time.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So Punk would be at ALL OUT and then the United Center show? One opponent would be Darby but what about the other show or is he just making an appearance at the ppv and not wrestling?

I’d like for him to wrestle both shows if possible

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

guessing Punk for Chicago / Brian at Arthur Ashe

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

TV Zombie posted:

So Punk would be at ALL OUT and then the United Center show? One opponent would be Darby but what about the other show or is he just making an appearance at the ppv and not wrestling?

I’d like for him to wrestle both shows if possible

Rampage United Center (Aug20) is before All Out (Sep5).

IMO if he doesn't show up at United Center after that Darby line, you're going to have several hours of a Chicago crowd on tape chanting CM PUNK.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

"There's no place for trombones in wrestling ".

It's amazing how gotten to Woods was by this lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AEW really gotta get the production gaffes under control. Other than that they're killing it. Can't wait for the number. Which will be winky because TNT on DirecTV died fir 5 minutes of the tag match.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Please let there be a pre-sale for the United Center, I have a meeting at the time tickets go on sale. Thanks.

theres a pre-sale, according to Dave. Friday the pre-sale, monday general release. he seems to think it may be a bit hubristic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Whenever Tony would come out during the tapings to hype up the shows I would always instinctively scream “BIG BICEPS TONY!!!” And didn’t realize that’s not a universal thing.

It's cannon!

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1264347054480011272?s=20