Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
GSF has always had the best NPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Beach Bum posted:

GSF has always had the best NPE

I would dispute that.

My Goons NPE was boat screaming at me for warping to 0 on his titan on my first ever fleet in a hawk and then he kicked me from fleet and I didn’t log in for a week after.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

L0cke17 posted:

I would dispute that.

My Goons NPE was boat screaming at me for warping to 0 on his titan on my first ever fleet in a hawk and then he kicked me from fleet and I didn’t log in for a week after.

Honestly? Probably still better than most

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

coelomate posted:

CCP has a new crack at teaching you the ropes: https://www.eveonline.com/now/eve-academy

Not sure if it's any good. Learning by doing, especially with the help of other goons, is always the tried and tested path.

I applied on the wiki and will dig through this to see if it clears the cobwebs out of my brain or at least makes me less of a drooling idiot when it comes to this game. I swear I don’t remember it looking this complicated before.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

L0cke17 posted:

Worth it if you learned to never go on another boat fleet. Think of it as building antibodies.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

L0cke17 posted:

I would dispute that.

I wish that had been my first dbrb experience, because it would have saved me a lot of battleship hulls and time.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Yeah, read the OP, get in, and make your pilgrimage to W6V in a battle badger. That's the tutorial.

and if you make it to w6v i'll fleet up with you in my claw and we can try and head back to 1dq, hopefully picking up a killmail or two in the process

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

As someone who knows gently caress all about cap fights like that, is the action of shooting the TFIs first done so they can keep the Machariels around betting on the dreads now having HAW?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

SwashedBuckles posted:

I made the mistake of reading this thread and resubbing to a 10+ year old account. Is there a good EVE for dummies tutorial I can access or would I need to make a new character to run through the tutorial again?

If you can get your gf.com account up and running, there's an excellent "RetVet WTF?" thread in the war room that covers a lot of the changes. Don't move capitals until you get a feel for things; there's a lot of groups that specialize in murdering moving caps. Damned near got whacked myself moving down to delve--came within 2km from getting decloaked and murk'd.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

OAquinas posted:

If you can get your gf.com account up and running, there's an excellent "RetVet WTF?" thread in the war room that covers a lot of the changes. Don't move capitals until you get a feel for things; there's a lot of groups that specialize in murdering moving caps. Damned near got whacked myself moving down to delve--came within 2km from getting decloaked and murk'd.

You didn't cyno to NPC stations and dock immediately?

I guess if you had a super to move you could've set up a temporary POS chain.

A POS would also help protect your rapier I guess if you added guns.

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 29, 2021

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Wyverns have issues with that, didn't have alliance logistical support. Cyno'd to empty systems, but my cyno guy was made and they were waiting on the gate for the cyno to go up. Align and warp times allowed them to immediately probe me out, but slooooowly motoring on a random vector saved my rear end.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 29, 2021

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I guess if you had a super to move you could've set up a temporary POS chain.

A POS would also help protect your rapier I guess if you added guns.

that sure sounds like a lot of work, which is why i (unironically) just travel fit mine, open a cyno in the middle of the system off any celestial, and hope for the best

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Can you jump to your own mobile cyno beacon?

Asking for a friend who only has one account subbed.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

DARPA posted:

Can you jump to your own mobile cyno beacon?

Asking for a friend who only has one account subbed.

Not really. You need to be in the same fleet as the person who drops it.

So, technically, yes if you form a fleet with yourself, deploy it, then are able to rush back to your cap and jump to it before the timer expires. But you can't have a different character on the same account do it, since you can't form a fleet with them (as they're not online at the same time to do so)

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Free Baculus

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Actually I just hope he's doing well since I realized I haven't seen nor heard from him since the CSM

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

OAquinas posted:

Not really. You need to be in the same fleet as the person who drops it.

So, technically, yes if you form a fleet with yourself, deploy it, then are able to rush back to your cap and jump to it before the timer expires. But you can't have a different character on the same account do it, since you can't form a fleet with them (as they're not online at the same time to do so)

Travelceptor, you say?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Delta isn't just going to teach you how to fly.

you're going to learn how to think.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

L0cke17 posted:

I would dispute that.

my TEST NPE involved getting into duels of honor with other rifters off of bridging Titans, waiting to boosh up north to save the goons

Not long after I learned why Test is bad

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Ajaxify posted:

Actually I just hope he's doing well since I realized I haven't seen nor heard from him since the CSM

unfree baculus

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i ahve no idea what im watching in that video but im guessing the purple are the guys we wanted dead?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

queeb posted:

i ahve no idea what im watching in that video but im guessing the purple are the guys we wanted dead?

purple are the good guys

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ohhh ok, i thought they were bad because the orange guys dropped on them. so orange dropped on them and then got beat up?

eve is the best game to read about

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

queeb posted:

ohhh ok, i thought they were bad because the orange guys dropped on them. so orange dropped on them and then got beat up?

eve is the best game to read about

the purple guys are snuffed out, the kings of lowsec and also our sometimes ally

they baited the orange guys with a revenant, a rare and expensive ship and then dropped dreads on them

killed 40 of their faction battleships and 80 of their dreads

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

This is important, as CCP recently made changes to battleship and capital construction that makes it significantly more expensive and involved to build them. So it won't be trivial to replace 80 dreads.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

And the bads were supposedly getting to send those dreadnaughts south to fight us. I'm sure TEST can loan them some, though.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lol cmon guys it's 2021. Frat can afford to feed 80 dreads

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

I know. The joke is that TEST couldn't really afford to loan that many. :colbert:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Frat can afford it, Goons can because we haven't really touched our dread caches. SAPI though did blow up 400 in the M2 break out earlier in the year remember

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Is there any post or place where I can get a sort of rundown of who frat are and where they came from?
They seem to be a massive power at the moment, and certainly weren't on the map back when I played last (around 2014/15ish). Are they just someone old in new clothes?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's not an irreplaceable loss, but shouldn't those caps have been in T5Z already

:thunk:

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Spiteski posted:

Is there any post or place where I can get a sort of rundown of who frat are and where they came from?
They seem to be a massive power at the moment, and certainly weren't on the map back when I played last (around 2014/15ish). Are they just someone old in new clothes?

From what I understand they are a Chinese power bloc/alliance that moved over from the Serenity server

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

lol cmon guys it's 2021. Frat can afford to feed 80 dreads

They can afford it, certainly. The problem is sourcing them. It's not impossible by any stretch, but it's also not as easy as it used to be.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Dramatika posted:

From what I understand they are a Chinese power bloc/alliance that moved over from the Serenity server

To expand on this, I'm led to believe Frat were the bloc that was in the position that Goons are in now on Tranquility i.e. the sole remaining coalition against the rest of the server. AoM, who are part of Legacy and "allied" with Frat in SAPI, I also believe were on the winning side on Serenity so now every moment Frat haven't been on ops against goons, they've been dropping on AoM in what was Legacy's home regions. Sometimes Frat have been opening fire against AoM pilots and vice versa on the same fleets against Goons.

gently caress that's a lot of abbreviations

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

EVE 2021: gently caress that's a lot of abbreviations

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
TFW yr TLA DNS returns 503

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
if there is a big fight this weekend im gonna miss it cause im helping my sister move, big rip. unless it happens sunday night lol

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Oopsie!

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!
$51billion :captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe