Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fleetwood posted:

?????????????????????????

Obviously they pay you one hundred and twenty dollars to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Fleetwood posted:

loving creative cloud

remember when you used to be able to buy photoshop for like $500 and you could own it forever?

well now for the low cost of like $250 you can use it for a whole year!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i get it for $15/mo or smth thru school

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
and free michaelshaft oses and softwares thru their nonprofit charity. BASED billg

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
They actually use the TOMS model for software, you pay $450 a year for a license so a student can pay $15 for one. If capitalism has taught me anything it's that you can't even let philanthropy impact your bottom line.

Use the extra money to offset the cost of the lower priced item, write off $435 in charitable donations on the lower priced one. That's a win-win.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I get it for free by giving russian bitcoin miners access to my computer.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

"priority zero"... one degree of priority higher than "priority one" (which is the highest possible priority)

wrong, ive heard of 'priority creep' where they refuse to redefine the priority levels of things but keep adding more severe ones, wanna say it ended up like -5000 or something hilarious

several people posted:

adobe poo poo

i learned that if you install pirated photoshop and let it phone home adobe will eventually push a $19.95/mo offer to you for full creative cloud. i bit. its a fair price and i do get a lot of cloud storage and access to a bunch of stock footage.

i still agree that its ethical and fine to acquire it by any means you want though

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I simply use GIMP. I dont know why it gets so much hate. It has all the same tools. Maybe because the default canvas is small and several windows. You can set up a more Photoshop style workflow if you want and save it as the default.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Photopea is also really good. It's basically Photoshop recreated in your web browser.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Larry Parrish posted:

I simply use GIMP. I dont know why it gets so much hate. It has all the same tools. Maybe because the default canvas is small and several windows. You can set up a more Photoshop style workflow if you want and save it as the default.

I always liked GIMP because it made it really easy to make animated GIFs, back when those were more relevant. But for a while it had a really terrible UI. At some point within the last several years the UI has gotten much better though.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Lol imagine paying for software

Use paint.net

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Larry Parrish posted:

gimp is good enough for home users in the majority of tasks, but adobe makes their money on the business side. i like paint tools sai for drawing and GIMP if i need to do some more complex work.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CoolCab posted:

gimp is good enough for home users in the majority of tasks, but adobe makes their money on the business side. i like paint tools sai for drawing and GIMP if i need to do some more complex work.

my professional photographer grandfather uses GIMP too lol. But I think that's mostly because he got tired of Adobe

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

tokin opposition posted:

Lol imagine paying for software

Use paint.exe

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Larry Parrish posted:

Gimp rocks, all the stuff that people complain about are because of the UI. It's all there, just hidden.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

sadly gimp’s spot color support sucks

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

https://www.engadget.com/facebook-ray-ban-smart-glasses-100518155.html

quote:

Facebook's booming business is dominated by digital ads, but it also has hardware ambitions beyond VR. During the company's latest earnings call, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said its next product release would be a pair of smart glasses from Ray-Ban. 

It's the my birthday in the year 2037 and I just got FaceBanRayBook Inc. ocular implants to fix my failing eyesight! It's great, I can see my daughter's beautiful face clearly on the virtuachat now! My insurance didn't cover the PremoDeluxe model though so I get a fully adful experience. I couldn't afford the upgrade to allow me to pay to skip ads, but its not so bad, just a little advertisement here and there, and my work at the AmaCorp distribution center even has AdBlock as an employment perk during work hours!!!! They've replaced the twice hourly messages with inspirational messages on corporate leadership from our Godking CEO Beff Jezos, which is okay; I think we could all learn from his vision!

<one month later>

I got fired from the distribution center; I fell asleep on the smile packing line because of the soft tones of the corpotate leadership messages. I didn't realize, but I think I'm getting ads while I sleep. I don't seem to dream, but I keep seeing this frog riding a motorcycle in a club whenever I open my eyes at night. And it's started interrupting my rest. I haven't taken a nap longer than 29 minutes in month. That's okay, I can find another job with AdBlock, maybe even corporate perks which AdBlock full time during the 6 day work week! It's all worth it to see my daughter's face :)

<one month later>

I'm helpless. I close my eyes when the adds pop up, but the implants circumvent my cornea and beam the ads straight into my brain. I thought neural enabled audio on version 2 would be cool, but now I have the Jamster frog song stuck in my head, literally, except I can't listen to it to get it out of my head and it's constantly playing!!!!!! I don't want a new neural ring tone!!!!! I don't need any neural ring tones!!!!! Twice I've been hacked by script kiddies and forced to report of the week video from 2012 on loop for days at time, even while my ads are playing!!!!! I don't want an adful life, I don't want a custom life, I don't want this life!!!!!

<Lights fade to black>

<A singular gunshot rings out across the theatre>

<Crazy Frog by Axel F begins playing>

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Hell yeah man Diamond Age is the best Stephenson book

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

it's mspaint.exe you illiterate heathen

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the embarrassingly named gimp is utter trash that led directly to the epically fail GNOME and Wayland (Gayland)

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
Green Is My Pepper

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

the embarrassingly named gimp is utter trash that led directly to the epically fail GNOME and Wayland (Gayland)

gnome owns you poo poo for brains idiot

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
kde can suck my balls

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQM5fU7V-MM

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DisgracelandUSA posted:

https://www.engadget.com/facebook-ray-ban-smart-glasses-100518155.html

It's the my birthday in the year 2037 and I just got FaceBanRayBook Inc. ocular implants to fix my failing eyesight! It's great, I can see my daughter's beautiful face clearly on the virtuachat now! My insurance didn't cover the PremoDeluxe model though so I get a fully adful experience. I couldn't afford the upgrade to allow me to pay to skip ads, but its not so bad, just a little advertisement here and there, and my work at the AmaCorp distribution center even has AdBlock as an employment perk during work hours!!!! They've replaced the twice hourly messages with inspirational messages on corporate leadership from our Godking CEO Beff Jezos, which is okay; I think we could all learn from his vision!

<one month later>

I got fired from the distribution center; I fell asleep on the smile packing line because of the soft tones of the corpotate leadership messages. I didn't realize, but I think I'm getting ads while I sleep. I don't seem to dream, but I keep seeing this frog riding a motorcycle in a club whenever I open my eyes at night. And it's started interrupting my rest. I haven't taken a nap longer than 29 minutes in month. That's okay, I can find another job with AdBlock, maybe even corporate perks which AdBlock full time during the 6 day work week! It's all worth it to see my daughter's face :)

<one month later>

I'm helpless. I close my eyes when the adds pop up, but the implants circumvent my cornea and beam the ads straight into my brain. I thought neural enabled audio on version 2 would be cool, but now I have the Jamster frog song stuck in my head, literally, except I can't listen to it to get it out of my head and it's constantly playing!!!!!! I don't want a new neural ring tone!!!!! I don't need any neural ring tones!!!!! Twice I've been hacked by script kiddies and forced to report of the week video from 2012 on loop for days at time, even while my ads are playing!!!!! I don't want an adful life, I don't want a custom life, I don't want this life!!!!!

<Lights fade to black>

<A singular gunshot rings out across the theatre>

<Crazy Frog by Axel F begins playing>

lol cool

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

You don't see many executives running a hip-hop operating system

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

so they're using UHF tags which sadly means you cant reprogram them with your phone, but i wouldnt be shocked if you could make them give you unlimited drinks

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

gnome owns you poo poo for brains idiot

This!!!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Why would they need to reprogram it to do that?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

i don't think they mean "hacked" i think they mean "jailbroken"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

NEOM, the Saudi city of the future has a promotional twitter
https://twitter.com/NEOM/status/1419310487695679498?s=20

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

*me calling tech support and yelling over the phone at the overseas call center

"NO NO NO! Its not choking me hard enough!"

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

NEOM, the Saudi city of the future has a promotional twitter
https://twitter.com/NEOM/status/1419310487695679498?s=20

Srsly curious what this will ever amount to

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

aphid_licker posted:

Billionaire Space Race: Arab Edition

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

aphid_licker posted:

i can totally believe that MBS is completely sincere with his Muskesque schemes but also there's no way that THE LINE will get even close to 10% completed

I'm sure nonetheless a small number of people will end up stuck permanently living in this crazy aborted city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The partially-abandoned ruin of the Line will be the setting of a major part of 2032's Call Of Duty episode.