Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
Funny dumb story. I thought I’d be a clever Ranger and use sneak to sell in Neriak. Invis in, sneak behind some dude in a shop in the foreign quarter, sell my junk, patting myself on the back about my genius. Try to invis so I can leave - this spell can only be cast outdoors. WELP

I’m level 24 so no chance of getting by the gate guards without eating a death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Summit posted:

Funny dumb story. I thought I’d be a clever Ranger and use sneak to sell in Neriak. Invis in, sneak behind some dude in a shop in the foreign quarter, sell my junk, patting myself on the back about my genius. Try to invis so I can leave - this spell can only be cast outdoors. WELP

Classic af

If you still have SoW up to run past the ones inside you can probably make it. The ones outside in Nek are the real problem but their facing makes them easy to sneak behind as long as they aren't turned around walking back from killing mobs.

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015

Summit posted:

lol this made me chuckle.

People are generally freindly on the server tho. Just tell a passing dark elf and beg a invis.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Any particular reason why my Sense Heading hotkey would be disappearing every time I zone?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Groovelord Neato posted:

Any particular reason why my Sense Heading hotkey would be disappearing every time I zone?

Yeah hang on, I know this one, I've had it happen. Something like you have to macro it instead of dragging it directly to the hotkeys? Or the UI not saving automatically? If I manage to actually remember I'll be sure to post it.

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
they enabled a 10 slot hotbar instead of 6 but the last 4 slots reset to nothing whenever you zone

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

smiling giraffe posted:

they enabled a 10 slot hotbar instead of 6 but the last 4 slots reset to nothing whenever you zone

Putting it on 6 fixed this thanks. If only I knew how easy it was to max out Sense Heading back in the day. Also somehow I lost my spellbar and just got my spells and couldn't do poo poo so I had to copy and rename another character's UI ini to replace this character's to fix it.

Only two people in Crushbone :(

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 25, 2021

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hybrid penalties will be gone soon. Also yeah some classic stuff sucked but p99 is not about making a good version of classic, it’s about making an accurate one

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Putting it on 6 fixed this thanks. If only I knew how easy it was to max out Sense Heading back in the day. Also somehow I lost my spellbar and just got my spells and couldn't do poo poo so I had to copy and rename another character's UI ini to replace this character's to fix it.

Only two people in Crushbone :(

The biggest problem with p99 in terms of being classic is that people know how to level and the same people are not in crushbone for two weeks trying to hit 16 or whatever

I remember orc hill and crushbone always being so full of activity back in the day...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
There's a lot of people who don't poopsock everquest though. I've managed to have several groups in crushbone on both blue and green, and I've had the experience where I run into someone I grouped with 4 levels ago on both too. (Even though that was like over a month later)

Although now there's probably less lower level people playing and those still playing regularly are probably at least level 10, so CB is not as poppin' as it was.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Some places you just gotta set up your own group. I even set up an old school lower guk group last week.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Groovelord Neato posted:

Also somehow I lost my spellbar and just got my spells and couldn't do poo poo so I had to copy and rename another character's UI ini to replace this character's to fix it.

That's ALT+S btw. You probably mistyped trying to sit down with CTRL+S or something. Pretty much all the windows in the UI correspond to ALT+something so just tap poo poo until you see it blink in/out of existence.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Meatgrinder posted:

That's ALT+S btw. You probably mistyped trying to sit down with CTRL+S or something. Pretty much all the windows in the UI correspond to ALT+something so just tap poo poo until you see it blink in/out of existence.

Thanks none of the googling found it so I had to do that workaround.

please knock Mom! posted:

Hybrid penalties will be gone soon. Also yeah some classic stuff sucked but p99 is not about making a good version of classic, it’s about making an accurate one

Yeah I think first week of August. I wouldn't think about it even though it was a mistake on Verant's part but they've made non-classic changes to a number of things like swarm kiting and certain coveted mobs having changed spawns and pathing so people can't as easily camp them to improve the game.

Sankis posted:

The biggest problem with p99 in terms of being classic is that people know how to level and the same people are not in crushbone for two weeks trying to hit 16 or whatever

I remember orc hill and crushbone always being so full of activity back in the day...

Logged in this morning and Crushbone was bumping but it was someone power leveling their buddy and a bunch of duos that didn't want any additions.

edit: lol one of the duos keeps loving up and training and just got me killed

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 25, 2021

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Sankis posted:

hey man, Emperor Crush is level 18 and and Ambassador DVinn is level 20. Plus that ZEM.

Hell yeah, level 22 in no time....

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cmdrk posted:

hey man, Emperor Crush is level 18 and and Ambassador DVinn is level 20. Plus that ZEM.

Hell yeah, level 22 in no time....

Speaking of classic was Emperor Crush misspelled on blue/green until the patch that fixed it lol

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
what is the classic spelling? Emperor Cush I hope :420:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cmdrk posted:

what is the classic spelling? Emperor Cush I hope :420:

Hate to be a buzzkill but it was Emporer Crush.

A twinked out ranger not calling his trains is really loving people up here lmao

edit: couldn't get a group all yesterday and now we've had to turn away a dozen people because we've had a full group for hours.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 27, 2021

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

MASSACRE, at Lyons, i. 336; caused by jealousy, iii. 260

Summit posted:

Just let a guard murk you then roll up a fresh dark elf toon, /consent new toon on your dead character, and drag the corpse to the zone line with the new toon.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Summit posted:

Just do /whoall neriaka/b/c and ask one of the 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 enchanters for an invis imo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Who the gently caress decided West Karana should be 15,000 across.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Found a new way to die yesterday.

While running to Siren's Grotto, one of the level 40ish sirens hit me (level 60) with a lucky Beguile, dragged me to her spawn point underwater, and let me drown.

Couldn't even get mad about it, really.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Where do people go between Crushbone and Unrest? Been getting consistent groups in Crushbone but we're about tapped out for consistent exp.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Where do people go between Crushbone and Unrest? Been getting consistent groups in Crushbone but we're about tapped out for consistent exp.

The teens you're looking at befallen, kurn's, or oasis as common spots. Figure you could probably do yard trash at unrest in your teens though, just care for adds.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Unrest yard trash. Terrible loot but decent xp.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

We made the run over there (and I ended up losing a bubble of xp thanks to the Dagnor's run which I somehow totally wiped from my memory) and we were the only people around that level and it goes pretty slow as a duo. There were a couple of groups doing the house.

Maybe we'll check out Oasis - we got a TP over to Antonica to check out Gorge and then got a TP back when everything was a ghost town.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 29, 2021

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Groovelord Neato posted:

Maybe we'll check out Oasis - we got a TP over to Antonica to check out Gorge and then got a TP back when everything was a ghost town.

Personal opinion, oasis is the worst leveling zone in the game. It's good safe, so it's bad for new/relearning players. It has no money drops, so stay there too long and you won't have money for spells. It's exp modifier is wretchedly low. Chance of sand giant and spectre trains (which is a different kind of danger than, say, managing aggro radius and adds in unrest).

The only upside is that it's close to guk, and if you get a group, you can convince them to go to guk scryer room or squire room or crypt. Where exp will be better, there's cash and time drops and just plain more fun.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I do remember the thread saying in the past that Oasis sucked (I liked it back in the day but that was with a full population and when we didn't know anything) but I'm willing to go anywhere if it gets regular groups.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
Antonica has lots of stuff to do in that range.

Oasis should be solid from 12ish to 20ish, though I have no idea how pops are these days. Start with caimen, then crocs, then orc highway. Upper Guk is a nearby fungeon. is it still a conga line for mana stones or did they finally remove that?

WK has bandits for those Qeynos sash turn ins for bronze weapon money. Runnyeye might be interesting as well, not sure if it's in the original state or revamped on Green.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Oasis is loving awesome in terms of zone design and player interaction.

Lower level players benefit hugely from higher level players dropping buffs while running to CT/Guk, hunting specs or SGs, and higher level players don't mind getting to interrupt their grind to flex for some nubs.

And then you have the potential for epic trains and death getting loosed if someone fucks up a spec quad or takes a million crocs or orcs to a weird place.

There's vendors for everyone and it's equidistant from good and evil zones.

But that ZEM is just awful.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I had a high level sweetie in Unrest buff me to hell and back with both styles of invis for the run back through Dagnor's after my buddy gated without tossing me an invis.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I once watched a player get caught in a death loop from being bound at the oasis dock (pre-kunark) and a sand giant had been lured there. They would respawn to die again, I think about on the 8th time they managed to just unplug their modem.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

How long does the account verification email take? I tried two emails and nada.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Had to manually resend it. I’m so bad! It’s been too long. Two spells and a dagger, baby.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Noah posted:

I once watched a player get caught in a death loop from being bound at the oasis dock (pre-kunark) and a sand giant had been lured there. They would respawn to die again, I think about on the 8th time they managed to just unplug their modem.

I guess there are positives to being a non-caster class.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah, not being fuckin' weak. I'm level 49 now, just 1 more... and then 10 more

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

please knock Mom! posted:

Yeah, not being fuckin' weak. I'm level 49 now, just 1 more... and then 10 more

More like 5 more then 10 more though.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
50 is easy, dude. Just 200 bloodgills, I can do that in a weekend.

51 is going to suck rear end

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
I kind of stalled out ony ranger post 50. 51-52 solo/duo on Grobb guards earned me like 8k plat, but 53 has been a slog compounded by the fact that nothing really changes for the class until like 59 or 60.

I hear about people doing 54 grouped over 10-12 hours in the Hole, but that's a commitment I just don't want to make.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
from 51 onward you can actually start doing some fun stuff, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
After never getting them on live, and failing FTE to bards/rangers/druids at least 10+ times, I finally got my journeyman boots from the SRO AC yesterday! As a lvl 39 wizard it really is a huge power increase.