Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Not directly relevant but as a jew I recently learned that the book of Acts has Peter literally summon the Holy Ghost to chop a rich Christian, who tried to squirrel away some money instead of donating it all, in half. Just mercs the dude on the spot.

Talk about misunderstanding Jesus on the right.

The right has virtually no relationship with or awareness of the biblical Jesus. They just use his name, literally violating one of the Ten Commandments constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

Healthcare: the money is good but it rots the soul. That's some good opposite day thinking. Though I'll bet that Freeper is on the insurance side or something.

Also: the guy who invented mRNA must be pretty old!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Zeroisanumber posted:

"Kangaroo Court" my rear end. The defense had no defense because there was a 9 1/2 minute video of their client flat-out murdering George Floyd and what was on trial was whether or not cops were going to be able to murder with absolute impunity. Some reactionaries howled because there was the implication that a not guilty verdict would mean the whole city burned. But if the jury had actually gone that far in defense of a murderer the city deserved to burn.

More than a year later and I'm still furious about it.

Yeah, basically the only possible response to a court ruling "it's fine for cops to straight murder people" is to burn the loving courthouse to the ground.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Sarcastr0 posted:

Healthcare: the money is good but it rots the soul. That's some good opposite day thinking. Though I'll bet that Freeper is on the insurance side or something.

Also: the guy who invented mRNA must be pretty old!

I interpreted that as “It pays well but it rots the soul.”

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Not directly relevant but as a jew I recently learned that the book of Acts has Peter literally summon the Holy Ghost to chop a rich Christian, who tried to squirrel away some money instead of donating it all, in half. Just mercs the dude on the spot.

https://thebricktestament.com/acts_of_the_apostles/accept_communism_or_die/ac04_32p34-35.html

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There's a whole cottage industry in Evangelicalism with the purpose of explaining away how Bible passages like this don't mean that the early Church was communist in nature, thankyouverymuch. The most common explanation I've heard for that particular passage is that all donations were 100% voluntary, but that guy said that he'd donate everything he had, and thus was lying to God, inviting his (and his wife's, for some reason) immediate death, which was totally justified.

Now, let me tell you about how the Bible is completely true in its literal reading, except that part where Jesus said it would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of God, that is clearly just a metaphor for a big but kinda-narrow gate.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

There's a whole cottage industry in Evangelicalism with the purpose of explaining away how Bible passages like this don't mean that the early Church was communist in nature, thankyouverymuch. The most common explanation I've heard for that particular passage is that all donations were 100% voluntary, but that guy said that he'd donate everything he had, and thus was lying to God, inviting his (and his wife's, for some reason) immediate death, which was totally justified.

Now, let me tell you about how the Bible is completely true in its literal reading, except that part where Jesus said it would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of God, that is clearly just a metaphor for a big but kinda-narrow gate.

My favorite part about the Bible is how wives and children are just one more possession for a man to lose as punishment for his sins.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

The Conservapedia Bible rewrite take (??) on this is still one of the funniest excerices in just how much you can torture a reading I've read in years.

Enver Zogha
Nov 12, 2008

The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

There's a whole cottage industry in Evangelicalism with the purpose of explaining away how Bible passages like this don't mean that the early Church was communist in nature, thankyouverymuch.
The most meaningful criticism I've heard is that the "communism" of the early Christians was more like charity. Basically, each Christian still worked on their own private plot of land or on the private property of others, but they made it a point to donate goods or sell their property and donate the proceeds in order to help provide for Christians in need.

The other criticism I'm aware of is that when holders of great wealth are criticized in the New Testament, it's usually in the context of rich people being filled with pride for themselves rather than devotion to God, as opposed to "private property bad." In other words, life in a monastery or nunnery would be closer to Jesus' teachings. This evidently isn't what figures like Robert Owen or Karl Marx had in mind.

Enver Zogha fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 29, 2021

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Enver Zogha posted:

The most meaningful criticism I've heard is that the "communism" of the early Christians was more like charity. Basically, each Christian still worked on their own private plot of land or on the private property of others, but they made it a point to donate goods or sell their property and donate the proceeds in order to help provide for Christians in need.

Yeah right but actually they should reread Acts a couple more times until they understand what 2 and 4 actually say.

Enver Zogha posted:

The other criticism I'm aware of is that when holders of great wealth are criticized in the New Testament, it's usually in the context of rich people being filled with pride for themselves rather than devotion to God, as opposed to "private property bad." In other words, life in a monastery or nunnery would be closer to Jesus' teachings. This evidently isn't what figures like Robert Owen or Karl Marx had in mind.

Factually incorrect. Like I mean if the words of Jesus don't mean anything to them, then fine. But this is a completely bullshit take.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The eye of the needle bit is pretty unambigous afaik. Being rich bad, inherently, get rid of your poo poo if you want to go to heaven.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

It's my understanding that the camel, eye of a needle thing as a metaphor for the gate *is* accurate and likely what it was intended as by the author.

I mean it doesn't jive with it being the literal meaning of the text, but I think that is the actual intention of that passage.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nitrousoxide posted:

It's my understanding that the camel, eye of a needle thing as a metaphor for the gate *is* accurate and likely what it was intended as by the author.

I mean it doesn't jive with it being the literal meaning of the text, but I think that is the actual intention of that passage.

This is incorrect. The eye of the needle gate thing is an explanation used for centuries, yes, but it has nothing to do with the original text. Entirely because the original text is troubling to many who read it, this text has had a *shitload* of 'well it doesn't actually mean what it says' explanations over the years, ranging from 'actually Jesus was asking this guy to do Bonus Round extra stuff and we don't actually have to do it' to 'it's a gate that's actually just hard to get a camel through, not impossible, so it's fine' (which is also used to support the 'this is a laudatory act but unnecessary for base salvation').

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Nitrousoxide posted:

There is no historical record of any gate in Jerusalem that was ever called the "Eye of the Needle" - even the story doesn't appear anywhere until the 15th century. It's bullshit. And Luke uses a word that is different from the word that Matthew and Mark use, with the connotation of a surgeon's needle vs one for sewing fabric. If it was a specifically named gate or similar they would have used the same word that was used in the name.

There are also Talmudic writings of the time that use an elephant and a needle to mean "impossible".

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 29, 2021

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I also read somewhere that ‘camel’ was mistranslated from a similar word that means like ‘a thick rope’ (still impossible).

Kamelon vs kamilon and the later interpretation is just a translation error.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
OBVIOUSLY it's a metaphor for how we should all be getting as much money as possible so we can build our own giant needles. after all why would i have stuff if god didn't want me to?

edit: it reminds me of that "joke" about the evil ARROGANT LIBERAL professor that stood up and said "if there is a god i want him to knock me down right now! :smuggo:" and this GOOD AMERICAN PATRIOT SOLDIER punches him in the face to knock him down and says "god was busy so he sent me!
except it's good, SAINTLY PATRIOTS saying "if god didn't love me he'd knock me down right now! :smuggo:" and the war fighter BETTER respect them because obviously god loves them :smuggo:

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 29, 2021

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Google And Facebook Announce MANDATORY Vaccines For Employees

quote:

To: rarestia
Just another day closer to the anti-Christ and the Great Tribulation. Nothing is off the table for the demonically influenced.

3 posted on 7/29/2021, 4:03:25 AM by Maudeen (https://thereishopeinjesus.com/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Maudeen
.......Blood of Jeuses.....

............vs...........

......satan AntiChrist blood.....

It’s on

Satan hates it and hates the image of Yaweah.

11 posted on 7/29/2021, 4:15:40 AM by Varsity Flight ( "War by the prophesies set before you." I Timothy 1:18)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

I love how this freeper grasps for a contradiction but it doesn't exist.

quote:

Wait, the CDC has said that everyone needs to wear a mask regardless of vaccination/power because the vaccine doesn’t work against the Delta variance. At the same time, Google and Facebook announced that you all need to wear a mask if you are not vaccinated.

Which one is it you insane leftists?

9 posted on 7/29/2021, 4:14:55 AM by matt04 ( )

So so close....

quote:

This may now change, however, with Big Tech leading the push.
No, it won't. I know several Chicago area Google employees who are quitting because of this.

The large multi-national bank I work for is doing forced RTO (Return to Office)for most employees except I.T. and that's causing a corporate-wide revolt also.

After being told people can work from anywhere with many moving out of Hellinois (because it sucks rear end living here) they're now being told they have to be in the office? Yeah, that makes sense. We already have issues finding and hiring talented people and the dumbasses who run the bank are just making it worse.

I'm ready to quit myself. Working 200% capacity 10-12 hour days often six days a week since Feb. 2020 I'm just completely burned out. I'm ready to just quit and go stock the shelves at the local WalMart or Home Depot or some other mindless job to pay the bills. I don't need this crap any longer.

34 posted on 7/29/2021, 5:13:02 AM by usconservative (When The Ballot Box No Longer Counts, The Ammunition Box Does. (What's In Your Ammo Box?))

quote:

To: Flick Lives
Which implies the vaccine is ineffective.
It also implies that those who are vaccinated can transmit the China Virus to those who are not, placing those who aren't vaccinated at the highest risk.

That's according to the CDC who, if they're to be believed is now recommending vaccinated people wear masks to protect those who are not vaccinated.

I frankly don't give a drat' if I give the virus to someone who isn't vaccinated. You made your choice to not get vaccinated and you should suffer the full consequences of your choice. I shouldn't have to mask up to "protect" you from your choice. That's an infringement on MY RIGHTS.

43 posted on 7/29/2021, 5:33:11 AM by usconservative (When The Ballot Box No Longer Counts, The Ammunition Box Does. (What's In Your Ammo Box?))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

quote:

To: usconservative
“You made your choice to not get vaccinated and you should suffer the full consequences of your choice.”
Well if I'm vaxed and I can still get the Wuhan, and I can still spread it to other vaxed people who are still wearing masks, then what are the full consequences of that choice?

That choice means I still got the Wuhan AND I'm also a GMO experiment.

Hmmm...

65 posted on 07/29/2021 6:32:54 AM PDT by 1FreeAmerican
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Beagle8U
They will fall in line like the good little lemmings they are.

60 posted on 7/29/2021, 6:07:22 AM by unixfox (Abolish Slavery, Repeal the 16th Amendment)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

I'm guessing The Nuremberg Code has been broadcasted on QAnon or whatever for at least 3 months now if these dumb fucks are just now picking up on it

quote:

1. The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential.
This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, over-reaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision. This latter element requires that before the acceptance of an affirmative decision by the experimental subject there should be made known to him the nature, duration, and purpose of the experiment; the method and means by which it is to be conducted; all inconveniences and hazards reasonably to be expected; and the effects upon his health or person which may possibly come from his participation in the experiment.

THE NUREMBERG CODE

68 posted on 7/29/2021, 6:52:52 AM by C210N (You can trust government or you can understand history. But you CANNOT do both)

quote:

To: C210N
Great post on The Nuremberg Code.

The analogy to the Mengele medical experiments is exact—in the name of “science” the folks with the power and the money are demanding obedience and submission to medical experimentation.

It _is_ happening here.

86 posted on 7/29/2021, 8:05:27 AM by cgbg (A kleptocracy--if they can keep it. Think of it as the Cantillon Effect in action.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 68 | View Replies]

:lol: This would literally stop right-wing propaganda from disseminating in its tracks

quote:

What they gonna do next, REQUIRE EVERYONE WHO USES THEIR SITES TO HAVE THE DAMNED SHOTS????????????????????? You’ll have to show proof of your shot card by posting it every time you log on to their sites I guess.

95 posted on 7/29/2021, 2:01:00 PM by RetiredArmy (Free Will. GOD gives you the choice I accept or reject Him! Choose Him. It depends on you.)

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

kik2dagroin posted:

Google And Facebook Announce MANDATORY Vaccines For Employees
I'm guessing The Nuremberg Code has been broadcasted on QAnon or whatever for at least 3 months now if these dumb fucks are just now picking up on it

It and the Americans with Disabilities Act are tied for the prestigious title of "Legal precedents most misunderstood by anti-vaxxers"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

DarklyDreaming posted:

It and the Americans with Disabilities Act are tied for the prestigious title of "Legal precedents most misunderstood by anti-vaxxers"

:freep: "The CONSTITUTION SAYS you have to give me thirty minute sitting breaks per forty-five minutes for the tendonitis in my left wrist!"

:stare: "Sir, this is a restaurant server job. I don't think that will work. We could possibly fit you in at the host stand with a stool? Would that work with your...left wrist tendonitis?"

:freep: "Do I have to wear a muzzle?! Excuse me, MASK?!"

:stare: "Yes. Yes you do."

:freep: "CONSTITUTION! OBAMA! DEMONCRATS! PELOSI! 9/11! GOLD FRINGED FLAG!"

Later, at the :freep: residence...

:freep: "Honey, I'll tell you what. Everysoft lib in this country thinks we have to bend over backwards and pay them enough for hand outs entitlements like food and medicine. Our generation ain't soft like those soy boys. Also, the Ruby Tuesday restaurant infringed on my rights today. Call my Pre-Paid Legal 800 number, we got a case."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol at someone, especially an old, thinking a wal mart gig will be easier than having to go to the office

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lol at someone, especially an old, thinking a wal mart gig will be easier than having to go to the office

Yea, even if I had to work a 12 hour shift at my office job, it sure as hell beats a 12 hour shift in retail.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Libs Of Tik Tok Twitter Account Pulls Back The Curtain On Radical Leftism (Mother of God help us!)

Oh poo poo, they found us out!

quote:

To: Az Joe

Apparently these poor children have no parents.

2 posted on 07/29/2021 1:46:58 PM PDT by McGavin999 (biden is not my president )

quote:

WTH?

3 posted on 07/29/2021 1:47:45 PM PDT by moovova (Yo GOP....we won't forget.)

quote:

To: moovova

Its bad, real bad

5 posted on 07/29/2021 1:48:27 PM PDT by Az Joe (FREE CHAUVIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

this is great intel... we need more mining of craziness posted by progs on Twitter and Facebook as well. It does us no good to dismiss these media as liberal playgrounds. Yes, they are... but why should we abandon them to playground bullies?

6 posted on 07/29/2021 1:49:10 PM PDT by Demiurge2 (Define your terms!)

Okay, I'm mainly doing this thread to memorialize this one post, because Holy poo poo! :stare:

quote:

I have filled out numerous medical forms lately and with one exception, they only have male and female as choices. I always ask where are the other 67 “gender” options. I mostly get a blank stare, indicating to me that the subject never comes up. And, in adult life in the real world, it probably doesn’t. The only form that had a third option, “Prefer not to say” was in the urologists’ office. (drat! This office is so “woke” I think they went out of their way to find people who fit some other option than male/female.*) My guess is that the urologist will make his own determination and just not tell you about it.

* I was supposed to provide a seamen sample which had to be absolutely fresh. The ride from my house to the lab would have been too long given what they wanted it for. I was given the sample cup and escorted out the door to the parking lot. I suddenly realized why. This is a big business with a lot of little “busy work” jobs occupied almost entirely by “people of color” who also probably identify as something other than male/female. If one of them were to hide a camera in an exam room and put the resulting video on the internet, the legal lability would be through the roof! So, I needed to go outside to my truck where I could get arrested for producing the sample. Twenty years ago, the urologist handed me the cup, pointed to a rack of magazines and said, “have at it.” And, he walked out. But, then, cameras were pretty big and noticeable.

7 posted on 07/29/2021 1:52:59 PM PDT by Gen.Blather (Wait! I said that out loud? )

Yes, funny how that works out.

quote:

To: McGavin999

Keep both parents working, so they don’t have the energy to raise their children.

9 posted on 07/29/2021 1:56:23 PM PDT by Jonty30 (My superpower is setting people up for failure, without meaning to. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Watching this is painful... I can where my daughter picked up some of her thinking...

Our country is headed for some tough times...

This is what happens when a country becomes fat and lazy...

The hate and bigotry is over the top.

13 posted on 07/29/2021 2:06:37 PM PDT by PigRigger

quote:

Gender dysphoria is nothing more than stroking the egos of people who feel absolutely powerless in society, by giving them something that they can use to be powerful.

It’s making little people think they are gods.

14 posted on 07/29/2021 2:07:03 PM PDT by Jonty30 (My superpower is setting people up for failure, without meaning to. )

quote:

Do they all wear a nose ring so that their masters can lead them. COVID magnet for sure.

They all live in a fantasy world, that much is obvious. Varied degrees of mental illness and brainwashing.

They crave and thrive on attention, they sound like children gathered to make rules for some new game.

Sick to the gills of these pampered jackasses.

18 posted on 07/29/2021 2:12:41 PM PDT by Irenic ( )

stdh.txt

quote:

They all look exactly like you would expect them to look. Pudgy, nose piercing, pale, weak, colored hair. I genuinely enjoy pissing them off when I see one of them. I got confronted by a few clowns like this when I said, “no, it’s that guy 8n a dress” when a waitress brought out some food. The tranny and his friends gathered around and demanded apologies, yelled the usual “transphobic. hate crime hate crime.” I just laughed and enjoyed the melt down.

The scariest part is there are so many teachers buying this crap. And we are suppose to support teachers?

20 posted on 07/29/2021 2:21:49 PM PDT by Organic Panic (Democrats. Memories as short as Joe Biden's eyes.)

quote:

“The word and this article should be spread.

It shocks the conscience.”

I think the whole “woke” thing is a tempest in a very small teapot. It hits the news occasionally because some ordinary person gets burned by the tiny teapot...forced to bake the cake or go out of business. But I suspect that will rapidly decline. Especially if the Republicans retake the house and increase in the Senate. If Trump gets reelected, I wouldn’t be surprised to see laws protecting ordinary people targeted by woke “hate crimes.” Because, running someone out of business because they don’t want to “celebrate” your perversion is a clastic “hate crime” if there ever was one.

One reason why it will rapidly decline is the Democrats, the heating force behind the teapot scalding’s, will see the writing on the wall and determine all this gender pandering is hurting them. I wouldn’t be surprised if Democrats suddenly become more conservative than RINO’s. We’ll see them in black pants, white shirts and narrow black ties going door to door to sell you on being more American and less “woke.”

22 posted on 07/29/2021 2:27:17 PM PDT by Gen.Blather (Wait! I said that out loud? )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Irenic

Yes, they seem to be seeking attention to a level of insanity.

Fatherless, working left-leaning mother taking gov money, on social media constantly, infatuated by their image and getting attention for it, being more and more outlandish to get ever more attention...it’s an addiction.

And nothing in society (yet) is bringing them to balance.

Their fall will be hard and painful. Problem is, it seems society will fall with them.

30 posted on 07/29/2021 2:50:08 PM PDT by polymuser (BLA socialist is a communist without the power to take everything from their citizens...yet.p)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

quote:

Anyone forced to sit through a corporate “diversity, equity, and inclusion” struggle session should have these videos queued up on their phone, or preferably a tablet or laptop, and demand to play a sampling of the “marginalized.” Then play this crap and loudly announce that THESE are the “marginalized” people that we are sitting here being lectured about. I would then launch into a full-throated excoriation of the diversicrats in HR who make a living pushing this mental illness and frankly, full-on insanity on normal people. And I wouldn’t stop until I had made it clear to every person in the room that if you buy into this “woke” cult, you are a fool who shouldn’t be trusted with sharp objects, and who should reevaluate your entire life.

I watched every one of the videos linked in that article, and while exhausting and repulsive, they offer an excellent cross section, if you can call it that, of the insanity of the Left. Actually, I’m not sure “cross section” is the proper word, as they are all so incredibly similar, from the ubiquitous bizarre face paint, to the stilted pseudo-intellectual way they speak, to their childish inability to control their emotions. I think it is time to be relentless in throwing the reality of the “LGBTQ…blah…blah…blah” “community” back into the faces of Leftists, and force them to justify twisting all of society to normalize this insanity.

34 posted on 07/29/2021 3:14:35 PM PDT by noiseman (The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.)

quote:

To: Gen.Blather

no it will not decline, all the corp’s have gone woke, with their diversity crap, it will only get worse

37 posted on 07/29/2021 4:28:55 PM PDT by markman46 (engage brain before using keyboard!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Democrats suddenly become more conservative than RINO’s. We’ll see them in black pants, white shirts and narrow black ties going door to door to sell you on being more American and less “woke.”

drat, I hate it when I agree with a Freeper (aside from the use of the term RINO).

quote:

Anyone forced to sit through a corporate “diversity, equity, and inclusion” struggle session should have these videos queued up on their phone, or preferably a tablet or laptop, and demand to play a sampling of the “marginalized.” Then play this crap and loudly announce that THESE are the “marginalized” people that we are sitting here being lectured about.

These people can't be marginalized, they're posting videos on a social media site!

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...

" posted:

Gender dysphoria is nothing more than stroking the egos of people who feel absolutely powerless in society, by giving them something that they can use to be powerful.

It’s making little people think they are gods.

14 posted on 07/29/2021 2:07:03 PM PDT by Jonty30 (My superpower is setting people up for failure, without meaning to. )

gently caress this absolute shitheel so loving hard :mad:

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

InsertPotPun posted:

OBVIOUSLY it's a metaphor for how we should all be getting as much money as possible so we can build our own giant needles. after all why would i have stuff if god didn't want me to?

edit: it reminds me of that "joke" about the evil ARROGANT LIBERAL professor that stood up and said "if there is a god i want him to knock me down right now! :smuggo:" and this GOOD AMERICAN PATRIOT SOLDIER punches him in the face to knock him down and says "god was busy so he sent me!
except it's good, SAINTLY PATRIOTS saying "if god didn't love me he'd knock me down right now! :smuggo:" and the war fighter BETTER respect them because obviously god loves them :smuggo:

This reminds me there used to be a goon rewrite of this where the professor is god himself and damns the marine for being arrogant enough to speak for him. Then dawkens shows up with seven serpent heads and Armageddon begins. Anyone have that and able to repost it?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

DarklyDreaming posted:

Also HIPAA

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Soylent Pudding posted:

This reminds me there used to be a goon rewrite of this where the professor is god himself and damns the marine for being arrogant enough to speak for him. Then dawkens shows up with seven serpent heads and Armageddon begins. Anyone have that and able to repost it?
A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, “God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes.” The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.

Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, “Here I am God. I’m still waiting.” It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and lifted up his arm to strike him.

At that moment the professor was transformed into a 7-foot grizzly, wreathed in a halo of holy fire. The bear spoke: "Blasphemer thou art, thou thinkst to take the place of God? Those who deny me face eternal fire, but you who knows my work and yet commits the sin of Satan I curse a hundred times over!" The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently picking at his boils. Then Richard Dawkins burst into the room, wielding a copy of The Selfish Gene and crying "Leave that boy alone, you pathetic atavism!" As the holy bear whirled around, terrible light flashing in its eyes, Dawkins shed his mortal form, raised each of his seven horned heads, and hissed. "It'ssss me you want!". And then the Lord and the Antichrist joined in the final battle.

The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

And that marine... was Albert Einstein

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Thanks!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, “God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes.” The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.

Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, “Here I am God. I’m still waiting.” It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and lifted up his arm to strike him.

At that moment the professor was transformed into a 7-foot grizzly, wreathed in a halo of holy fire. The bear spoke: "Blasphemer thou art, thou thinkst to take the place of God? Those who deny me face eternal fire, but you who knows my work and yet commits the sin of Satan I curse a hundred times over!" The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently picking at his boils. Then Richard Dawkins burst into the room, wielding a copy of The Selfish Gene and crying "Leave that boy alone, you pathetic atavism!" As the holy bear whirled around, terrible light flashing in its eyes, Dawkins shed his mortal form, raised each of his seven horned heads, and hissed. "It'ssss me you want!". And then the Lord and the Antichrist joined in the final battle.

The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence.

This now sits alongside ever-expanding Obama and Vaccinating Obama in a “best SA posts” file I keep.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Icon Of Sin posted:

This now sits alongside ever-expanding Obama and Vaccinating Obama in a “best SA posts” file I keep.

The thread where that post came from was full of awesome stuff like that and I wish I could find it again. The stories just kept getting more and more over the top and playing off each other.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
That article on tiktok from the Federalist is the perfect bait for conservative moral panic. I'm almost envious of their ability to know and manipulate their audience.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

These people can't be marginalized, they're posting videos on a social media site!

I think the thing is that this freeper thinks seeing like 'a dude who is gay' or 'a happy trans woman' or 'a person with dyed hair' or whatever else will make the other people in the class suddenly realize how bad DEI courses are because they normalize people that don't look and act just like the freeper.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I think it's also that that Freeper imagines himself to live in a parallel world where a trans woman can openly state that she's trans and everyone cheers and hails her as a hero, rather than this world where a trans woman who openly states that she's trans could potentially be kicked out of her home, viewed as a sexual predator, and at high risk for being beaten and killed by assholes like that Freeper.

So when he sees videos on social media of LGBTQ folks being open about who they are and maybe even being happy, he thinks it's because they have all the power in society and merely pretending to be oppressed, which makes hateful assholes like him the real marginalized people.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Jagged Jim posted:

Okay, I'm mainly doing this thread to memorialize this one post, because Holy poo poo! :stare:
this guy is so so close to getting it. "this thing i'm terrified of and spend every waking moment thinking about because i've been told repeatedly is a HUGE issue actually doesn't effect me at all! LOOKS LIKE I WIN :smuggo:"
maybe it's not as huge a deal as you constantly make it out to be and you're steeped in fear mongering because it gets your attention?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Good work bud

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Some Idiot Freeper" posted:

Anyone forced to sit through a corporate “diversity, equity, and inclusion” struggle session should have these videos queued up on their phone, or preferably a tablet or laptop, and demand to play a sampling of the “marginalized.” Then play this crap and loudly announce that THESE are the “marginalized” people that we are sitting here being lectured about. I would then launch into a full-throated excoriation of the diversicrats in HR who make a living pushing this mental illness and frankly, full-on insanity on normal people. And I wouldn’t stop until I had made it clear to every person in the room that if you buy into this “woke” cult, you are a fool who shouldn’t be trusted with sharp objects, and who should reevaluate your entire life.

I watched every one of the videos linked in that article, and while exhausting and repulsive, they offer an excellent cross section, if you can call it that, of the insanity of the Left. Actually, I’m not sure “cross section” is the proper word, as they are all so incredibly similar, from the ubiquitous bizarre face paint, to the stilted pseudo-intellectual way they speak, to their childish inability to control their emotions. I think it is time to be relentless in throwing the reality of the “LGBTQ…blah…blah…blah” “community” back into the faces of Leftists, and force them to justify twisting all of society to normalize this insanity.

34 posted on 07/29/2021 3:14:35 PM PDT by noiseman (The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.)

1. lol, no you won't.

2. He thinks he wouldn't be fired the instant he interrupted a DEI training meeting to force his coworkers to watch TikTok.

3. I dare this guy to try to say "diversicrats" out loud.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

cr0y posted:

Good work bud

This dude got 2500 upvotes on the only community that accepts him. It may very well be the greatest achievement of his life and it only cost him his livelihood :negative:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

This dude got 2500 upvotes on the only community that accepts him. It may very well be the greatest achievement of his life and it only cost him his livelihood :negative:

You don't actually believe they do these things they claim right? These idiots aren't actually 6.5 foot ex marine/navy seals/rangers who stalk around representing the flag and threatening brown people. These are fat old people who have to use rascals and pray they don't lose their job. Call the cop on kids skateboarding and ask to speak to the manager if the waitress says they have to pay a plate fee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

On the other hand a bunch of them livestreamed themselves breaking into the US capitol building, so it's sort of a toss up as to whether they are more stupid or lazy.